Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

christmas gifts for your newborns

+5
mythreesons
mnelson80
Kim
Chaycethedogs
rocknrollmommy616
9 posters

Go down

christmas gifts for your newborns Empty christmas gifts for your newborns

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:17 pm

So, what are you guys getting your little people for christmas? Even if you want to share what your getting for your older child, I wanna know! I'm just really curious! ^_^

We're getting joey an iFlop. It's a plush animal that connects to your iPod, MP3 player, or CD player and plays music for as long as you want!

We are also getting him a better bouncer. The one we have currently is stupid because you have to keep turning it back on every 10 minutes (someone has this same bouncy, I think it might be Amy?). It's like a safari type thing with giraffes, and an alligator on it. It also has a green overhang with an alligator, an elephant, and a zebra(all of which make noise). But I want one I don't have to keep turning on after 10 minutes. Joey likes them so we want him to be able to sit in it for a good deal of time. So we are getting him a fisher price rain forest bouncer. The batteries apparently last longer(D batteries instead of 3 AAs)

I think his iFlop will be from Santa. ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

christmas gifts for your newborns Empty Re: christmas gifts for your newborns

Post by Chaycethedogs Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Okay...so DH says I really go overboard every year at Christmas. Maybe I do....but we both have sucky parents...so that means my kids have sucky grandparents. My mom is broke and hates the holidays so she usually gets Dawson a movie and DH's parents just buy a bunch of junk that Dawson never plays with so I feel like we should make up for their short comings. I remember when I was a kid and we'd get great gifts from our parents, both sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, and our siblings. Well, my kiddos don't have all of that family so I do go a little insane! Every year since we've moved to Texas we have spent Christmas in a hotel in Oklahoma because we want to see our families but my mom's house is a very small apartment that she doesn't clean and my IL's have never once offered for us to stay there...they really really suck. Anyway, we celebrate Christmas at home the week before we go and then Christmas Eve with my mom (my side of the family) and Christmas Day with DH's family. So I end up dividing presents between all of these places and also Christmas morning at the hotel....so essentially it's Santa and gifts from parents at home, Santa & more gifts from parents at my mom's (so he actually has something to open), Santa and gifts from parents at the hotel on Christmas morning. That's alot of Christmas to buy for....

Anyway, we got Dawson several Star Wars Clone Wars ships and characters, Ben 10 toys (only a few), The Dark Knight movie, Prince Caspian, an XBox 360 with 5 games (from Santa), a few board games, PJ's, a nice outfit, socks, Darth Vadar comforter, a new suitcase (for traveling to OK), Indiana Jones Lego set (2 of them), and a few other character type things.

For Brenden we got a exerciser (the one from BRU that looks like a red car), johhny jump up, about 10 3+month toys and a few 6month+ toys including a basketball game and activity table. I also got him several toys he can hold and suck on, bowls, spoons, tippy cup, and some clothes since he bypassed the 3-6month size I had so much of. He will also get a suitcase of his own and probably a toy box.

Yes, it's a lot but Black Friday helps! Target has lots of toys that are 3month and 6month appropriate....for very reasonable prices. Atleast when he is ready to play we'll have toys for him to do so! We got rid of the last of the baby toys about 2 years ago! Also, with having a December baby the 1st time we had to go and buy toys in June because we only bought a few things for his first Christmas and he had NOTHING to play with when he was interested!!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:06 am

For Landree we got her some books, a bumpo chair, and an activity mat.

for McKenna we got her a play castle tent (we are setting it up Christmas eve and putting her presents in there) a Chair and foot rest, a little kids digital camera (it can't break) a Dora knows your name phone, some books, a princess dress up kit, a toolbox with tools (she loves to fix things) a little people's bus, a puzzle organizer.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Tatzeanna totally wants some tools too! I don't know what her dad will get her, but we are kind of scarce on presents this year Sad She just has so many toys and I'm broke after being on leave and taking that hour cut.

Anyway.. I got her some markers, pens, chapstick, activity books (math and language) She LOVES those, some Disney Princess wall stickers, Hi Ho Cherry Oh, a Princess dress up and dance mat game, another board game and a Playschool Dance Cam christmas gifts for your newborns 0065356934378_AV_500X500.

Dominic is getting some clothes, a little train rattle type of thing. a squishy bathtime book. This Soothe and Glow Sea Horse
christmas gifts for your newborns 416n-lUZ5oL._AA280_And this play mat christmas gifts for your newborns 0002708426640_AV3_500X500

Then I got Web Cams for us and my Parents in WI so that we can see each other more often.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Lets see...I have some ideas of what I'd like to get my kids but won't know until Friday if I can or not(our Xmas depends on DH's bonus)...

ODS- Some learning workbooks, the leap frog learn to read thing(they move the pen over the words and it says them)a game for his leapfrog hand held and some art supplies, crayons, pencils, paper, etc...

Middle DS-A game for his leap frog hand held game, some learning workbooks, some matchbox cars and some action figures, maybe a wii game for him(he likes electronic stuff more than ODS)

Lucas-He's getting a bumbo,a baby einstein musical motion activity jumper, a few outfits and a few small hand holdable toys...

So just keep your fingers crossed that DH's bonus comes through!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:00 pm

I wanted to get that Leap Frog Tag Reading Pen thing too! I thought I'd wait since EVERYTHING she sees on TV she wants.. well that commercial came on a couple of times and she never said she wanted it.. so I hated to spend $50 on it, plus $15 per book to have it sit in a corner somewhere.. Maybe she's not quite old enough yet. There is always Birthday and next year.. but I though that thing was the coolest. I was playing with it in Walmart..hahaha
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:30 pm

I saw at the Walmart online that they have a starter pack with it and it includes a few books...If it doesn't include a few books I'm probably going to skip it...lol!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:39 am

we haven't bought Christopher anything and im a bit bummed i haven't actually bought anyone anything. We were trying to decide what to get my parents since we are actual spending christmas there and my mom has mentioned quite a few times that they are buying andy things i assume it would be rude to not get them anything. But I was going to get them one of those Kodak easy share docks for there camera so they could print photos at home but jcpennys doesn't have it and I'll be honest this will be a credit christmas... Dh is going TDY and we have to pay for it out of pocket and then they "reimburse" us later which really means they pay for stuff they think he actually needed if and only if he really harrases them for months on end so like hotel stay they will pay for cheapest room even if that room wasn't open and he had to stay (on base still) in a slightly more expensive room... meals they have decided 120 dollars is appropriate food money for four days and nights in California.. he will probably have to rent a car unless one of the other guys does its really annoying this close to christmas and with so little forewarning.

So any gift ideas for parents from JcPennys let me know! lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:44 am

Awww Jessi I am sorry your hubby has to go away for a few days and esp so close to holidays they could ve done it at another time I am sure...But hopefully the days will go by fast and he will be back home with you and Kit..Don't feel bad about not buying anything for Christmas yet.. I highly doubt we will be doing any shopping for Christmas this year since the unemployment he just got recertified for is going to have to go to rent and bill that we got behind on for Nov and now Dec. And on top of that our van needs a bearing on the passenger side which could cost 200-400 to fix...it needs to be done quick though because the roaring noise it makes has went from like a hum to a constant roar and I am sure that isnt a good thing. So sad to say kiddos will be getting presents from aunts uncles Nana and Grandpa and maybe a few places around the area that sponsors low income families around Christmas time.... Maybe next year will be better I am hoping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:46 am

Jessi - I am giving my mom and my IL's the pictures that we took...in frames I got 50% off at Michaels.

Joy - I am sorry ya'll are having such a hard time. My mom is going thru pretty much the same thing except she has a job...they just don't have any hours for her to work. So she can't even get unemployment because she still has a job...so ridiculous! My parents divorced when I was 13 and my dad used to try and get back at my mom by not paying his child support in December....then she couldn't buy us anything for Christmas. She did something better though. She used to make us things really cool crafts. My sister has one of hers in her living room to this day....mom cut out some snowflakes from colored construction paper and made this really cool collage (spell?) with all of the different colors and shapes. A few years ago I stole it out of her chest and had it framed for her because it is so beautiful. I can't describe it but all of us have the things mom made for us that year! She drew me a picture of a little girl playing with her puppy....it now hangs in my bedroom. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that as a kid we had our most memorable Christmas with absolutely no money.
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:43 pm

awww michelle that is wonderful! Maybe you will pass that on to your little ones someday? ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:08 pm

Awe.. that's such a sweet story Michelle. Most of my Family are getting pictures too.. This is a really scaled down Christmas for me.. but it actually feels pretty good.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:29 am

yeah Michelle(s) (lol) I am giving these really nice pictures of Joey to my family for their christmas gifts Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:39 pm

we're a hannukah family, but we got logan a couple of bibs (i love my big brother and i'm the little brother) and that's about it. he really doesn't need much. ODS is getting a didj and we got DD a leapster (courtsey of my grandmother's very generous hannukah checks). and then i got them both slippers and some workbooks (math for ODS and letters for DD). ODS's b-day is monday, so we got him a ben 10 game for the wii and a couple of action figures from power rangers and ben 10. we pretty much asked for gift cards for the kids 'cause our house is swimming with toys already. i even found a box of infant toys that we had saved, so i'll have some for logan.

we're getting pix done of all 3 kids dec 29, so once we get those back we'll give those out as belated gifts, but we only get for my grandmother and our parents these days. costs too much otherwise.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:56 am

OOOooOOOooOO Jeremiah has that sooth seahorse(stuffed animal) music thing he just doesn't know it yet.... :-P

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Bekah- Yeah I hate how the bouncy chair doesnt last very long with the vibrations. It sucks cuz Nate will just get to sleep and the vibrations will stop and he is up again.

Nate is getting an Exersaucer and a bumbo chair. DH being the engineer got him a "My first laptop" but it is either 3+ mths or 6+ mths. He also got a little book and for his stocking he has a rattle, teething rings, plastic keys and an Eeyore (sp) blanket buddy. Oh and I found these socks called Johnny Socks and they look like Tennis Shoes in all different colors. That is all for this year. I am sure with the Grandparents he is going to be plenty spoiled even though he doesnt know it.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:11 pm

well we werent going to get the twins much only cause my family has been soo good to us since they were born. my sister did ask what to get them and i told her if anyone asks DIAPERS/WIPES....LOL So we just got them some pjs and clothes..we want to ge them a jumper but after xmas we just dont have the space since we have one swing, two bouncers, two double strollers, and two car seats invading the house..so space is limted..

as for my 3 yearold well she has been spoiled everyday with gifts from my sister...from us she is getting shoes, clothes, and leapster w/games, bike, and disney princess stuff. rendeer
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum