New show coming on TLC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New show coming on TLC

Post by Kim on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:42 pm

it is called Toddlers and Tiara's...am I the only one who is completely repulsed by this concept? I just find it wrong on so many levels. In the previews they were showing babies that can't even walk on their own yet in pagents. And we wonder why we have so many self image issues with girls and women in this country.
Kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New show coming on TLC

Post by MichelleL on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:11 pm

You are definately not the only one repulsed! I just don't understand people how any mother thinks her child is getting enjoyment out of it....
MichelleL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:50 pm

I think that's a terrible show.It's one thing to have a teenager do it who can say yes I want to do it or no i don't.But to have a baby who can't even say her own name do it is just twisted!JMO
mythreesons

View user profile http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:18 pm

i think it's probably showing how ridiculous those moms are and how they live vicariously through their little girls. Just because YOU weren't miss beauitful, doesn't mean your little girl needs to be subjected to that crap. It makes me sick.... I would have much more to say if I wasn't trying to get a hold of DH to get home right now so we can go get our pics taken... UGH!
rocknrollmommy616

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Bekah that is what I thought at first...that it was a show showing how wrong this is...but nope, all the previews encourage and glorify it.
Kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:40 pm

It just goes to show that they'll put anything on TV! How horrible!
tweetie462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 am

That type of stuff is disgusting......I don't like it at all......It makes the other kids who didn't make first place feel so horrible and when they get older they go to extreme lengths to try and be the best of the best ie extreme dieting,bulimia,anorexia the list goes on and on.....Parents who subject their children to that type of situation should be punished... Mad not to mention how they cake makeup all over them little girls and make them look like street walkers....so horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am

I swear I get angrier and angrier the more and more I think about this program. I am going to boycott TLC, I will miss Moving Up and some others, but I just can't watch a network that would glorify something like this
Kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Just so you know several of my other mom friends and I have started spreading the word and plan to boycott and are also emailing TLC with our concerns regarding this program...I would love it if any of you would join us and also pass the word on to other mom's who feel the way we do.
Kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Yeah I think this is rediculous! How can someone do this to a baby? I know we all love our babies and think they are the cutest things ever but I would never put my child in a compation to prove to SOMEONE that my kid is cute. Its repulsive and only focuses on the superficial. Its who you are that counts folks!
I have no problem in boycotting. I only watched a couple of shows on there in my spare (ha whats that) time anyway.
PolloLoco75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:18 pm

I will definitely jump in on this one....it P's me off so badly...how can someone be so ignorant to even think this is ok.
Those poor inocent babies.
ladydy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 pm

I sent them an angry email too...and a few other people I know have also...I have posted my feelings on my myspace, facebook and other mommy forums...maybe they will cancel the series if they get enough complaints.
Kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:13 pm

I hope they do...It's really sad to do that to poor babies...It's different than having them get pics taken for catalogs(some of those mommas get a bit too crazy too tho)...It's the mom's obsession more than anything...They need some serious therapy!
mythreesons

View user profile http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:40 pm

it is way way way different than child modeling...I would maybe consider doing that but that is because the magazines and such are looking for kids...who look, well like kids, so some minature pinup.
Kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:11 pm

i change my mind about the post i wrote jsut now. I took a quick look at it on youtube and saw that it WAS glorifying this crap... I am so appalled. Those mothers should be ashamed of themselves.... this kind of crap should be outlawed. Not only are they giving pedophiles something to look at, they are setting up their daughters for a tragic lifestyle. One day they are going to think that they can make in the world just based on looks and they are going to act accordingly(the way most "beautiful people" act, like a snob). And somebody will either call them out on their crap, or let them know how the world REALLY works, but not in a very pleasant way. Being conceded is not an attribute most people consider... well, good. It's mostly something we view as being bad. And you are correct, these girls will grow up with SEVERE eating disorders because of their mothers feeling that they have to live vicariously through these little girls because they didn't win pageants or something. I'm just so disgusted...

Last edited by rocknrollmommy616 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:19 pm

And they wonder why child molesters are the way they are! When you make a child look like an adult with all of that make up and everything you are exposing them to only God knows who with any kind of mind! I had (notice the word HAD) a friend who let her kids (ages 4 and 2) run around outside (in the front yard) naked thru the sprinkler. Her neighbors sued her and her husband because they said their naked kids were putting their (the neighbors) kids in danger by attracting child molesters to the neighborhood. At first I had no idea what she was doing and I would let Dawson go over and play. Her daughter and him were in the same pre-k class. Anyway, I went to pick him up early from a playdate one day and there he was.....all of his boy parts hangin' out for the world to see....running thru the sprinkler IN THE FRONT YARD with her daughters. Talk about PISSED! I didn't even dress him or get his clothes! I just put him in the van and drove away. I never confronted her either....I was afraid I would seriously hurt her. You just can't parade kids and not expect something won't happen. It's insane. I'm writing an angry email to TLC also! Morons!
MichelleL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:28 pm

how did u guys write to TLC?
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:38 am

I went on their web site and at the very bottom in small letters there is a link that says viewers realtions...click on that and it will take you to a form to fill out. I picked network/programing...than it gives you a pick list of shows, this show isn't on there yet as it hasn't aired...so I just picked the first show and then bitched about this show.
Kim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top