Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February Valentines!

+9
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
MichelleL
Kristen
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
tweetie462
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

February Valentines! - Page 7 Empty Re: February Valentines!

Post by Kim Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Michelle- Landree is the same way, she will eat some, but rather have a bottle. So we are only doing cereal or other solid once a day....the calories in the formula are too needed for me to fight with her over it.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 pm

Shannon - you're not a bad mom! There's nothing wrong with starting them at 4months, unless there are problems that are preventing it. Logan has cereal in the morning and a veggie at night. He's not too keen on the cereal, but I think i'll start a fruit with him next week and mix that into the cereal and he'll enjoy it more.

Amy - welcome to the addiction club! LOL Smile

Michelle - I hear ya - I don't always get to post because normally I'm reading while holding/feeding Logan, and it takes a long time to post when typing with one finger!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey Ladies,
Sorry no time for personals. I just wanted to check in and say hi. I'm trying to get my stuff ready to go home, it's Feb. vacation week next week! I'm so excited to spend the week with Maddie and dh is taking a day off and will have Monday off too so it should be nice! I probably won't be on much! I hope everyone has a great Valentine's day!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Shannon - you are not a bad mommy for feeding your baby....it even sounds weird to type it! How could that be bad? At this point cereal, veggies, & fruits don't take away from their much needed BM/Formula. I hoped it would for Brenden....but it didn't. He can now go 4 hours inbetween bottles but he is still eating away my monthly shopping money! LOL Now, that sounds bad!

So Brenden woke up while I was typing and now Dawson is about to get off the bus so I have to go. It's another late night for DH so I don't know if I'll be back. The creep has to work tomorrow too so I'm sure I'll be going insane with the baby wanting to play peek a boo and Dawson wanting to leave the house and do something fun.....at this age difference they just don't share the same interests! LOL
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Well I have 8 minutes of work left (not that I am counting... Wink )

I was just wondering what everyone was doing for Valentine's day - if anything at all. We are keeping it low key this year. My mom is going to come and baby sit Nate and we are going to go see a production of "Zombie Dearest" a mellow drama play at the pocket sandwich theater here in dallas. Its a small neighborhood theater that serves food. Its an inexpensive night out but it should be fun because you can trow popcorn and interact with the performers. That and DH loves the Zombies! LOL!

So what do you have planned?
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:58 pm

Tomorrow after we get up and have breakfast, we will be packing up my kids and heading out to my MIL's house. We'll be eating a very early dinner there and then DH Lucas and I will be heading back here.I'm gonna bet that DH will fall asleep o n the way back so the it'll be just me and Luc hanging out tomorrow night...Sigh...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:10 pm

DH has to work. So he'll be gone most of the day (2:30 - ???). Dawson and I are making a chocolate brownie cake this evening and then I'm making coconut shrimp and baked potatoes for lunch tomorrow. We aren't really going anywhere as our evenings are taken up with baby routine....otherwise Dawson and I would hit the movies. Next weekend is our 11th anniversary....I have no idea how that's gonna work.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Hey ladies,

Well I enjoyed my night out last night...too much! I've been hanging low all day..thankfully Aubrey slept til 7am this morn and then she was kind of snoozy all day. I guess my mood rubbed off on her or something.

Aubrey started on room temp formula so now I make up a shaker and keep it in the frig and then I just warm her bottle in a cup of hot water so it's room temp.

Shannon, I thought 4 months was when you could start solids?
Sorry you have to make that trip tomorrow.

Elise/Michelle, I think DH will be scheduling the V here soon. We really need to decide soon and with him being laid off I'm not sure that it would be best to try again.

Amy, enjoy your night out tomorrow. We are staying in making crab legs and haven't decided what else to go with it.

Have a great weekend ladies!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Oh and Shannon I got the storage cups...they came in about 3 days. I haven't froze any food yet. I made a sweet potato but I bought green beans and peas. That website www.wholesomebabyfood.com said that its harder to get the skins of the GB & peas to puree.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:35 am

Well a few personals from what I can remember reading
Elise- I totally understand feeding baby while trying to read and post here one handed typed leads to lots of typos which can be time consuming to try and correct one handed also... I tend to have to type one handed alot because I am usually the one feeding Jeremiah and am the one up late with him long after DH goes to bed which is usually when I get chance to jump on here..

Shannon- You are not a bad momma...esp given the fact that Luc loved the sweet taters. As long as he does good eating them I don't see what the dr issues are with them starting solids at 4 months. Sorry MIL suckered you into going...the plus side is you will have early dinner which means you will leave sooner than if you had a late dinner...Razz

Michelle- That sucks DH has to work... Hopefully You will be able to better celebrate your anniversary without interruptions such as work...

AFM: I would like to just officially announce I am a Addict to mommies like us forum as well I post and recheck and post here more than anywhere else...

I catch my self like Amy does constantly refreshing page and checking to see if there is new posts to read and comment on...that mostly how my internet time is spent...And Ya'll are basically my only friends because I don't get out much by choice I'd just rather be home with kids and DH than go out and about.. Most people think I should get out more but I just don't feel that way about it I am happy and content the way I am...and much more so since I found you group of ladies to talk to and vent about DH when he drives me nuts
As far as Valentines Day we are going to a thing they are having at our church for couples they are hosting a dinner there and going to have a guest speaker as well....

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:46 am

This is a bittersweet day for me! I'm am about to clock my DH. So, I think I've said this before but we put Brenden in his own room last week. We also moved the guest bed back into his room so one of us can be up there until he gets used to it and until he can sleep better. Anyway....he has been doing pretty good. Last night DH got home about 6:30 and Brenden was so excited to see his daddy we thought we'd move his bedtime routine back an hour so they could spend some time together. So instead of starting at 6:30 for 7:00 bedtime, I started his bath ect at 7:30 for 8:00 bed time. DH always takes the first shift (bed time until 1am) because that's what HE CHOOSES. Anyway, I was gonna just sleep up there all night myself and let Tony get some sleep because it's been such a hard week. He says no and about 9:30 we both hit the sack....him upstairs and me in our bed. I finished watching the 20/20 episode I was watching about Kentucky hillbilly's (so interesting) and pass out at 10pm which is way late for me these days. Next thing I know I am being shaken by DH who is right in my face and says "he hasn't woke up yet but it's 1:30 so switch with me". MY BABY SLEPT UNTIL 4AM WITHOUT WAKING and I had to get up after 3.5 hours because it was past the 1am mark and DH wanted to get in our bed! That would have been BOTH of ours first night to sleep more than 4 hours at one time and the asshole wakes me up at 1:30.....nothing about the baby! I grabbed my pillow and mumbled a few words to him on my way up the stairs but I can honestly say I wish that pillow had been a damn baseball bat.....or atleast a stick. I'm still furious and he just can't understand why! Even Dawson was like "DAD! Bubby was letting you guys sleep and you woke mom up because it was past 1 o'clock??? You could have slept in dude". DH took BOTH boys (to my suprise) shopping this morning so Dawson could by Valentine gifts....I told DH to not even bother getting me anything...he took what I've learned to value a lot more lately.....MY FREAKING SLEEP! Asshole. I do feel better since I typed this though. I guess I could have put it in vents but it's staying here since I'm so mad my hands are shaking! I can't believe my baby slept for EIGHT solid hours....and I'm still tired!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:58 am

Happy V-day ladies!

Michelle, sorry u'r good nights sleep was ruined. They say that women kind of get loopy after a baby but I too sometimes wonder where my Dh's common sense has gone.

AFM: I guess I'm an addict too , here I am on Vday checking the board. Well, we're off to run errands. Have a good day!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Diana- Yes you can start them at 4 months.But because I'm nursing I thought I should wait longer, thats all.Oh and since I've started him on baby foods, he spits up barely anything compared to losing his whole lunch.Thinks for the tip with the GB and peas.I can see how they'd be hard to get off.

Ok well we're heading out soon. Will check in later! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MOMMAS!!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Happy Valentines Day Ladies!!!! We were pretty low key this year as I am working a double shift...2nd and 3rd, and DH worked 8-5. So when he woke up this morning McKenna brought him his gifts...it was so cute, we got Landree a many kisses Elmo (McKenna loves to show her how it works) and McKenna a book and some M&M's in a heart.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Happy valentines Day girls! Joey is with my sister tongiht and tomorrow a little. I am so sad he's not here... now I'm all alone. When he's here he's like my buddy. But i can't deny I feel good that I don't have to really worry about him all night. Not really celebrating V-Day with DH cuz he doesn't get off til like 830(wont b home til 9), but it is a nice v-day present from my sis that DH and I can have a night alone and sleep in some. Not to mention my sister just LOVES Joey. she made fun of him being pasty(he is pretty white lol). Razz Anyways, stupid forecast said it was going to be sunny today. We weren't even supposed to get rain til Tuesday and then BAM! I am playing rocket mania and pause it b/c it sounds like the humidifier is on, no... it's RAIN! It's POURING outside for like 10 minutes! what the heck? Somebody is getting reamed at the TV stations for THAT little mistake lol. anyways, i liked it for the 10 minutes it rained like cats and dogs. well I will talk to you girls later

P.S. If it makes it here in time, I'm getting my hair done(cut and colored) monday with our tax return. Then DH and I are going to a movie, then dinner. His parents are taking Joey for a little while that night. I'm so excited! yippeee!!!!!! ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:46 am

Well, it sounds like everyone had a good Valentine's Day!! DH got called into work early (and it was last minute) so it put a damper on things but we still had a nice morning. My sister stopped by and brought the cutest stuffed bears for the boys and she always gets Dawson the biggest bag of Starburst she can find! LOL Dawson and I worked together and made a big chocolate brownie cake while Brenden watched from his high chair. I gave him a rubber spatula to play with and of course it went straight to his mouth! LOL I'm glad some of you got a childless evening....we don't have anyone to watch our boys, my sister doesn't take care of baby's. One of the neighbor girls (she's 18 ) who's watched Dawson a few times is dying to get her hands on Brenden so we might ask her to watch them next weekend for our anniversary. I'm still on the fence about it. Hope ya'll have a great Sunday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Happy Sunday Ladies - Well we had a good VD. We woke up and hung out on the couch with Nate in our jammies for a while. Then we took showers and got dressed and went to Babies R Us. We love going there. We had to get a humidifier for Nate and of course we found 2 outfits and some more baby spoons. You know stuff that you just didnt know you really needed. ;-)

We then went to the grocery store and got stuff to make my grown up mac and cheese for my mom. It was her request. Its really good so I will post it over on the recipe site. So I thought I was going to get out of cooking but no such luck. I was a bit grumpy about cooking but how grumpy could I be? My mom was coming over to watch Nate so we could go out on our first real date since he was born. We did go to my office Christmas party but I dont consider that a real date. That was a work function. So she got here and I did the first time mom here is everything you need to know whril wind tour of the house. I didnt think it would end up being that way but I forget about all of the meds he is on and special feeding stuff etc. Its just all up in my head.
So we went out and watched a local mellow drama play. It was so fun. We ate dinner there before the show and had a bottle of wine. Then we were given popcorn and you can throw popcorn at the actors and people in the audience during the show. It was so much fun and a funny show to boot. We were home by 10:15pm. We were joking that we were up and out late and it was 9:30PM. We used to not leave the house until 9:30. Oh how babies change you.

I guess that is about it for now. Nate is taking a nap, DH is in the shower and I have to go and do my hair and make up while I have the chance. My FIL is coming over in a little bit for Sunday lunch. I dont know where we are going yet. Hopefully it will be someplace good.

Have a great day!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Amy- that sounds like such fun!!! seriously I hear you and understand the feeling that 9:30 is now considered late where before that was when the fun just started. Working third shift last night had me wondering how the heck I ever did it before....wether it was working or for fun. Eileen I give you credit because that shift is to much for me.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Kim...the new siggy is gorgeous!!! two dolls
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:42 pm

thank you...I can't give the ladies at pixel perfect enough credit, they do a fabulous job....they do them for free so if anyone is interested, you just have to read and follow the directions and rules, but here is the web site

www.pixelperfectsignatures.com
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:36 pm

amy - ewww VD lol okay sorry i just had to do that hahaha Wink I had to do the same thing with my sister when i took joey over there. Luckily i didn't have to bring all his crap b/c she has a good friend that runs a daycare at her house and she lent my sister a swing and a play yard. I was all, "Well this is what I do, but you can do it however you want, but he needs this much formula in his bottle for night feedings and he eats solids during the day.... i just blabbered on til i couldn't think of anything else she needed to know... i think i was just stalling in leaving. lol

Michelle - Joey is the same way, give him anything and it goes in his mouth. i guess its just how they are right now lol!

AFM - Joey is home and my sister is such a pain. You know how with formula you mix bottles in advance and store them in the fridge til the next feeding(at least that's what we do), well she just puts formula in the bottle (that has some spots of water in it) and waits til he's hungry and then fixes a bottle. Okay NOT good. When i went to put water in the bottle, the formula was CAKED on the inside of the bottle. I know it's been 8 years since she had a baby, but c'mon, use common sense! not to mention, she also did not go ahead and make some bottles for me to have on hand when i went home! so I went home with all empty bottles! so he gets home and he's starving and i have to make him a friggin bottle! UGH anyways, i did appreciate her watching him, but next time I will have to be clear about the bottle thing... Well anyways, he is home now and he's been really cute and smiley and giggles and everything.

Does anybody notice that their baby is having more(and more different) BMs since they started eating solids? Joey is having more frequent BMs and now they are looking more like normal baby poops. He had one of his harder ones, then a softer(more splattery lol) light brown one right after it. I'm kind of excited that maybe he will have a more regular BM schedule and one that doesn't smell so god awful(seriously, what died in there? lol). His have always smelled the same and they are horrible... just the most rank thing. it really does smell like something died in there. EWW anyways, thought i would ask.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:42 pm

Bekah - yes, the poop will change as they eat. you can sometimes tell what they ate based on the color - like green if they had peas or green beans, more orange after sweet potatoes, etc. just wait until Joey starts on table food and has stuff like tomatoes and there's red in the poop - talk about freak out! Smile Also, when Logan is having a bottle I make as needed. Sometimes I'll premake the formula, but I've noticed he doesn't like it straight from the fridge so it's just easier and a bit quicker to make as needed.

AFM: this weekend was okay. last night DH and I watched Mama Mia - it was an interesting movie....not much else happened - just lots of errands. Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day with their SOs....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:01 am

Bekah - Yip, their poop changes as they eat solids. I think it's even more gross now! LOL And what Elise said about the tomatoes ect....I remember Dawson's first poop with corn in it....the kernels were nearly whole and I was on the phone calling for help! Turns out it was completely normal but it still freaked me out for awhile. As for the bottles....I buy premade formula. It seems to be what Brenden can tolerate....atleast when he was younger. I could probably switch now but I'm not riskin' it. Anyway, I make his bottles for the day in the morning. Even when I mixed powder formula....I mixed it in a screw top rubbermaid 32oz container and poured all of the bottles in the morning. I think it helps with gas to mix in a container and then pour into the bottle. I also microwave each one for just a few seconds to get the chill off. That's just how I do it....it's easier for me with all of the bottle ready.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:28 am

oh yeah, i heat the bottles up when i get them out of the fridge(10sec X # of ounces - 5). i knew when i left my sister's i had forgotten something! lol >.<
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:00 am

Bekah - I, too, have always microwaved bottles. Neither one of my boys could stand to wait while I used a warmer or hot water. I think you run a risk of burning them if you are trying to make really warm formula in the microwave but just to get the ice cold chill off....seriously. Glad to know I'm not the only microwave mom! LOL

Amy - that mac & cheese you posted sounds so good! I'm gonna have to try it. I always make homemade mac & cheese and Dawson and Tony both complain if it's not the same but maybe I can sneak yours in....I'll just tell Dawson it's "Amy's mac & cheese" and maybe he'll go for it! LOL

Kim - I'm with Diana on your new siggy....so precious!!!!

AFM - Today is a no school day. I got suckered into picking up two of Dawson's friends for lunch today and going to McDonalds to eat and play. He invited one friend who couldn't come so he invited someone else and then the first one called back and said she could come.....they all better be good or we are leaving! LOL We are trying meats again with Brenden. He didn't care for any of it a few weeks ago. Last night he had 1/2 jar of beef and veg and actually seemed to like it so I'm going to offer it again tonight. He's like Dawson with the mixed foods....he's not so keen on them. I can't wait until he can just have what we are having! Hope ya'll have a good Monday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next