Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February Valentines!

+9
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
MichelleL
Kristen
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
tweetie462
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

February Valentines! - Page 14 Empty Re: February Valentines!

Post by Kim Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:16 pm

ugh...enough already, so now our dog is having issues. Possibly serious ones and we deffinitly don't have the funds for anything major. The girls love him and I would hate to put him down but depending on what the problem is that may be our only choice. I took him out at 12:30 today, he peed and pooped but wasn't his normal self and he did vomit slightly. He didn't really want to come in so I carried him in, not thinking to much of it. My mom noticed at 4:30 that he wasn't getting around but she didn't call me or anything. Dh called me when he got home and Oscar (our dashund) isn't using his back legs at all and can't walk or get up. I called my Aunt who is a vet and she has seen dogs who have severe abdominal pain refuse to walk or use there back legs. For now she is having me give him a low dose baby asprin, some pepto and an antacid for his stomach. If he hasn't improved by the morning I am bringing him to the vet (she is in MI).
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:50 am

kim- try a pumpkin puree' for upset dog bellies.Not the one with the spices.Sounds crazy but it works.my dane had some nasty belly issues for awhile(that got messy!!!)and in the rescues they use pumpkin puree'. it's even milder than pepto. whenever we bring in a new foster dog we always give pumpkin with the food for a few days because usually they're bellies are a mess from stress and poor diet...good luck girl!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:10 am

Good morning,

Kim, sorry to hear about u'r dog, hope he gets better.

Shannon, never heard of pumpkin puree. i'm going to have to pass that on to my sister her dog is 16 and he sometimes has issues.

Michelle, I'm an ironing freak BUT I don't iron for DH. I would and I have but he would and has for me too. He was raised by a little old German woman so he's great when it comes to all household chores and I take advantage when I can. Very Happy

Eileen, hope you feel better.

Elise, EWWW, paying the bills. It takes all of 15-20 mins online and I hate every minute of it, don't know why but I just dread it.

AFM:We have a meeting this morning with the financial guy to redirect DH's monies from his employer (fun,fun) then Aubrey an I are off to my sisters for the night. We'll be back Saturday afternoon/eve so I'll be checking in Sat night or Sun, I'm sure I'll have plenty to catch up on.
Have a great weekend!!!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:44 am

I don't know if it is from abdominal pain, he doesn't act like he is in extreme pain, his back legs just aren't working. I know dashund can be prone to back injuries but I didn't see him do anything. I am waiting for the vets office to open at 9am and then calling to take him in.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am

Kim- Poor guy. Yeah corgis and doxies are prone to back problems. We used to have a corgi and he was AWESOME! But we thought we were moving and so we found him a home and it turned out we didn't have to move. So we lost Turbo...I'm hoping everything turns out ok!!!

Diana- Yup pumpkin works or a small spoonful of plain yogurt.I don't like to do the yogurt but the acidophillus thats in it works great so I usually get acidophillus in chewable tab form at the pharmacy and slip it in a pb sandwich.Works everytime...I have tips and tricks for just about anything and everything when it comes to dogs.Other than my brainless Dane...My family calls me the original dog whisperer...LOL..
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 am

TGIF!!! WaHoo Its Friday!

Shannon - I am sorry you didnt get your nap. That is a bummer. I will seriously log that pumpkin puree tip in my head. With 2 big doggies that will come in handy I am sure. Oh and the top of nates tooth has broken through. You can see just the tip of it past his gums. He is feeling much better too. Sleeping good again - fingers crossed it lasts.

MichelleL - No real pain to speak of. I have had bouts of nausea and a genereal not feeling well thing going for a while now but I have been attributing it to catching what ever Nate is picking up from daycare. I really don think its linked. Oh and YEAH for sleeping through the night! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Kim - I am SO sorry to hear about your dog. Keep us posted. I hope its something that is treatable and that you dont have to put your puppy down. Let us know how it goes at the vet.

Diana - Enjoy your trip. I hope you have a great time.

AFM - Well I am at work just plugging along. I am really hoping today flies by. Nate was so cute and sweet this morning I really hated having to come to work. I tell you what I am ready for the weekend. We dont have any plans or anything - YEAH! I just want to relax and get all the laundry plus all the linnens cleaned.
Oh here is something. The lady at my office who had her baby back in January... Ok she does and says somethings that blow my mind sometimes. Like she posted a picture of her baby's genitals on facebook. Now not just a whole body but from belly button down focusing directly on the junk. Ok - well she sent out an email today to everyone saying she has been so frustrated she feels like sending the baby back sometimes. That and she cant wait to get back to work so she can have a vacation from her new 24/7 job. Does this sound normal to anyone? Is it just me? I think she may have some post pardum oh and I dont think she is very maternal. The pic that always makes me curious is one where her husband is in the recliner holding their dog in his lap and the baby is on the floor in the bouncy chair next to the recliner. The Daddy cant even see the baby from where he is sitting and the dog has more importance than the baby... Its so strange to me. Anywho enough of me rambling about a co worker... Can you tell I had a starbucks energy drink? They make me a bit rambly.

Oh well.. Off to work. Have a great Friday ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:29 pm

I only have a couple of minutes but I wanted to ya' Kim that the pumpkin works really well. My akita/shepard, which I had from 10 weeks, had horrible back issues and would get an stomach upset. I think the leg/back issues caused the stomach problems because he had a horrible time getting up as he got older and he would rather lay there than go out and poop. I'd give him about a cup of pumpkin puree (he weighed about 80lbs) and he would finally go. He was hit by a car when he was a year old and had been on Rimadyl most of his life. As he got older he developed hip dysplasia and required more Rimadyl (an anti-inflammitory for dogs). He lived a good life but at the age of 14 I had to have him put down. He just couldn't get around and looked so horribly miserable. Anyway, I tell you this to hopefully help with your dog. Maxx was like my child, I had him before I even knew my husband or gave birth to Dawson. I miss him horribly.....so I have to pay tribute in this post to his life and the joy he brought to mine. He was a great friend and loyal companion for 14 years!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm

thanks for your thoughts guys...so it is a disk issue and not a tummy issue. He has no reflexes in the rear legs, but still does respond slightly to the painful stimuli when proded in the pads. Financially we can only afford to try the anti-inflamatory treatment (doxi-something) he got two injections today, and he will take it orally a full pill twice tomorrow, a half pill twice on Sunday, than a half on Mon, Wed and Fri. Then we check to see if there is any improvement and decided from there. My Aunt has had some dogs respond and some not, so it is a crap shoot. If he is still not peeing and pooping by Monday though, I refuse to let him suffer and we will do what we need to do. So right now, he is comfortable in his little room, eating a bland diet (he did eat some cottage cheese this afternoon so that was encouraging)...if we bring him out to sit with us, we can put a diaper on him if he is on the couch as he might not know when he has to go to the bathroom or not. This morning was the most heartbreaking though. McKenna could realize that he couldn't walk, so she went in his room, sat next to him and just petted him. It just really sucks, and I feel like I have had this black cloud hanging over my head this past week.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Kim-Hugs!!! I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you and your family and the little guy. I;m sure you will make the best decision for everyone.

MuchelleL- That's a pretty ripe old age for a big dog!! I'm sorry you had to put him down but its good he didn't suffer.My mom had to put down our greyhound a few years ago and i was preggo with ODS.She had a tumor in her shoulder that we didn't know about and she went outside to run and broke her shoulder clean through.It was cancerous and there was no way she would have healed from it.She was 10 years old.Jessie used to curl up her nose at me and bare her teeth in a smile.I was the only one she did that for...I still miss her too...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Kim - My thoughts are with you guys! I had a feeling it was a back or leg issue. Maxx went thru the same thing. Hopefully yours will respond to the anti-inflammitories. If not, atleast you can help him not suffer.

Shannon - It was really hard to lose my Maxx. I had just come back from a family emergency in Oklahoma. Dawson and I had been gone for a week and DH had come for about three days. During the three days a friend of ours came to the house to take care of Maxx....but he wasn't doing well. I knew before I left but I had to go....my sisters husband had just been killed. When I got home he was urinating himself and pooping himself. He just looked miserable. I layed down with him and had a long talk and I could see in his eyes he just couldn't go on not being able to control his bodily fluids. It was not only embarressing to him but he was in serious pain that the meds just were not taking care of. I called the vet and she came to my house and that was it. It was really hard to let him go....and I still tear up thinking about that day nearly 3 years ago. But you know, I feel extremely grateful that he did not have to suffer.

I'm taking Dawson to a birthday party! Yea! I can sit and visit! DH is staying home with the baby. He has been really good today. He refused his morning nap but slept for 3 hours this afternoon! :-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:09 am

Kim-so sorry abotu your dog girl. That is so hard. We have an old dog and I konw one of these days she will go down hill and get sick or something. I am praying for you

MichelleL-yeah for socialization!!!

AFM just sitting here working the crazy post tonight the psych post. hope everyone has a nice night and good morning!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 am

Well Good Morning and Happy Saturday to you all!

We had a good Friday night that consisted of lots of baby playing and bath and bed and dinner for the adults and some relaxing TV watching.

Today we will go to Target and maybe the Grocery store and we have already started doing the laundry. We are party animals that cant be stopped! Smile We really dont have plans this weekend so that is a first for us in a long time. So DH is playing computer games, Nate is taking his morning nap and I am here. I am just about to go and get into the shower and get cleaned up. Its kind of nice not having to rush.

Kim - I am really thinking about your family and your puppy. I really hope the anti-inflammatory works for him. Keep us posted.

I guess that is it for now. Off to go and bathe!

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:30 am

I feel like crap today...I really think I am getting the girl's cold. Oscar is at least peeing now...even though it is every where and even on us when we pick him up but who cares, hopefully he will poop today. If he does that gives us a little longer time frame to see how he responds to the anti-inflamatories. Still no improvement with his legs, but my Aunt said to just look for little improvements, and she considers his ability to now pee an improvement.

Amy- weekends like that are great and needed, I hope you feel relaxed and refreshed after this weekend.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Eileen - I hope you made it thru the psycho shift! LOL

Amy - I, too, love weekends where there isn't anything to really "do". It's nice being able to relax and even stay in your jammies if ya' want! :-) Hope the weekend is just what you need....

Kim - I've been thinking about you guys today! And yes, your dog peeing is definately an improvement! Did the vet give him a shot of steriods?

AFM - Today has been so hard! Dawson and I were out past 10pm last night! LOL Brenden woke twice last night but DH didn't wake me.....which is shocking! It was 11 before I got to bed and next thing I know I"m looking at the clock and it's 7am! Anyway, we just cleaned house and went to our usual Saturday lunch....Pei Wei.....so yummy! Then I hit the grocery store. I swear I am going to stop shopping at Walmart! They were out of half the things on my list. HEB very rarely has empty shelves but Walmart is just getting so bad....I'm just gonna buy cleaning supplies and toiletries at Target and food at HEB....Walmart just isn't worth it anymore! Well, Brenden is in bed and we are gonna make popcorn and watch a movie! Hope ya'll have a good evening!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:02 am

Kim- I am sorry about your dog. I am glad they have a direct cause and treatment in mind. I hope he continues to improve and you do not have to put him down.

Amy- How exciting Nate's tooth popping through. I don't think it will be but maybe another week or so and Jeremiah will have his first tooth in on the bottom right because it is like right there. I bet you are glad to finally be getting some much needed rest.Yay for sleep..Who knew that a full nights sleep could make one happy...That only happens in a mommies world I think. About your coworker that stuff is just weird weird weird. There is definitely something wrong with her and by the sounds of it it may be more than postpartum depression. That's really messed up her focusing on the "junk" in the picture. I mean I have taken pictures of all my kids in bath or after bath in their b day suit just to have as memories and to put in their baby books and such but never with the focus and full intent being on their genitals thats not right at all and then to post about it. Totally a gross lady.. Mad Also glad to hear your weekend has been nice and you are able to relax and catch up on things.

Michelle- I totally agree about Walmart being out of stuff or not having enough variety of things. I was there a few days ago with sis in law and she was trying to find spongebob themed things for her son's 1st b day party coming up they had no invites no goodie bags and no favors tablecloths or napkins there in spongebob. Matter of fact they did not have much variety of anything for party planning stuff. Then she tried to see if they had any things for babys first birthday there was none except one hanger for the invites in which there we out of...so disappointing. Then I was there just last night trying to see if they had any princess candy decor for cakes they had none no crowns wands castles nothing like that. So then I tried maybe finding something that I could use in the crafts section maybe like stickers or individual princess themed stuff and there was nothing. Made me very upset. My other sister in law is due in April and has a baby shower coming up and I am making a party favor for it and need princess themed items to use and walmart had none of what I needed..so I ll have to look elsewhere when I get chance to and kids and hubby are not being crabby in the stores. Sorry I went off on a vent there lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:56 am

Happy sunday morning ladies!!! Hope everyone has a great last day of the weekend. I am doind a sleep study tonight so i will get almost a vascation I get to go sleep in a hotel like room with a hotel like bed and a nice big tv to watch...lol never mind the electrodes that will be stuck to me...lol Hey I take what I can get...lol But I think it will be a nice break but unfortuantely it is a night away from my hubby and I only get 2 nights a week to be with him normaly. so that part sucks but ohwell they are seeing if I have sleep appnea. So not sure if I want that to be what is wrong or not...lol here's to hoping they get good results whatever that is.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:16 am

Eileen- My Dh has severe sleep apnea, he had a sugery that removed his tonsils and expanded his upper palate, removed that dangly thing in the back of your throat too. Unfortunately because he is overweight, it didn't help the apnea, but it did stop his obnoxious snoring. He actually is going back next week to do a sleep study with the cpap machine to see if he is comfortable wearing it in order to help with the apnea. As a spouse it is a scary thing, especially now that he doesn't snore anymore, I catch myself poking him in the middle of the night to make sure he is still alive.

AFM- I am sick as hell, I got what the girls had. The dog hasn't made any further improvements, and yes Michelle, on Friday he got two shots of the steriods, and then in pill form since then. He is making one hell of a mess because he doesn't really have control over his bladder and bowels, so unfortunately we have no other choice but to keep him confined in the laundry room as it makes it easier to clean up his messes. And we are under a weather advisory, right now it is lightly snowing and just flurries for today (thank god it is my last day on, I get out at 3pm and then am off till Thursday) but from tonight through tomorrow night they are expecting lots of snow...possibly 6 to 12 inches!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14