Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any Canadian moms on here?

3 posters

Go down

Are there any Canadian moms on here? Empty Are there any Canadian moms on here?

Post by redheadmommy Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:23 pm

It's nice to find a site dedicated to plus sized motherhood. It's not just the skinny minnies that make great moms you know!! Just wondering if anyone else is from Canada on here. I am!
redheadmommy
redheadmommy

Back to top Go down

Are there any Canadian moms on here? Empty Re: Are there any Canadian moms on here?

Post by mnelson80 Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:39 pm

I could be wrong, but I don't think any of us are from canada. I do knowa lady on a different board that is canadian. Of course your still welcome to join us.. we love having new moms. And I'm sure we will all tell you that we are jealous of the Maternity leave your cournty has!!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Are there any Canadian moms on here? Empty Re: Are there any Canadian moms on here?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:09 am

I am close to Canada...LOL I live in Michigan

Back to top Go down

Post by redheadmommy Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:17 am

So I'm the only Canadian EH!! lol. That's Ok though, I just like to be able to talk to other moms, no matter where they are from. And we are really lucky here for the Maternity leave. I've been back to work for 2 months now after taking 10 months off at 75% of my pay, LUCKy!! Our healthcare system isn't the greatest, but we do have lots of other great advantages!
So how are things affecting you all with the economy crisis and everything? I hope everyone is doing OK.
redheadmommy
redheadmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:49 pm

The economy crisis stinks. My DH factory closed down 4/2007 he was in training for truck driving but after getting his CDL-A now he cannot find work unless its over the road meaning he would be gone weeks at a time then only home for 36 hours then gone again. No local unless you have experience. And most recently he has been trying to just find work anywhere and everywhere stores factories and nothing has came up thus far. Luckily when his shop closed they gave severance pay paid for schooling and also allowed unemployment benefits.Right now though he is on his last unemployment extension and only has like 2 months or so left then those will stop. So I am totally hoping he can find something before then because if he loses that and finds no work we lose our apt that we rent and will have to move with His mother. I hated living there with just one child. But now we have 3 Elijah who will be 6 in June Faith who just recently in Nov turned 3 and The youngest Jeremiah who was born Oct 6th 2008 and is 4 months old.

So a basic summary It sucks...LOL Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by redheadmommy Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 am

to joyhurt83: I'm SO sorry about all that you're having to go through right now. It's affectig us too here in Canada, just not as badly yet though. Luckily me or my DH haven't been affected by it yet, but that doesn't mean it won't affect us in the future! I can't even stand watching the news anymore because I get all stressed out. I will pray that you're DH can find a job and very soon. I would hate to have to move back in with the parents. I know if it's necessary you do what you have to do, but I will be praying for you guys and everyone that has been touched by the darn economy crisis.
redheadmommy
redheadmommy

Back to top Go down

Are there any Canadian moms on here? Empty Im a canuck as well!!!!

Post by toshymod Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Hey ... Im Canadian too. But... Im living in Atlanta Georgia. I married a American . Im from a town called Cobourg Ontario when I lived in Canada. Laughing

toshymod

Back to top Go down

Post by redheadmommy Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:45 am

I actually live in Quebec in Canada, but I'm 100% Canadian, not like some of the quebecers around here that are total a-holes!! LOL. I'm from a small town called Richmond. Very Happy
redheadmommy
redheadmommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum