Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Lions and Lambs

+9
jessijennings
ladydy
Kristen
PolloLoco75
MichelleL
rocknrollmommy616
tweetie462
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

March Lions and Lambs - Page 8 Empty Re: March Lions and Lambs

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:39 am

Morning Ladies,

I am working on my post and will try and come back around lunchtime to get something up here. I hate being this busy! Busy is good... Head exploding busy - not so much.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Holy posting Batman! I have been reading, just haven't had a chance to post. Now that Logan will jump away in the jumperoo, it gives me more time to catch up on stuff at my desk!! And allows me to type with two hands instead of one finger (which takes forever, btw).

Things here are getting better, or at least I'm dealing with the stuff better. Not happy that DH is off to Texas this week for 3 nights (grr) for a business trip, but that's life! At least he'll be home all day Wed before he leaves that evening. Which is why I scheduled my Wound Clinic follow up and the OB follow up for that morning! Means I don't have to take Logan with me. Speaking of the wound care - it appears that this stuff they gave me is working pretty well. DH has to help me change it 'cause it's really hard to do it on my own, and he says it's looking like it's healing (finally). Hopefully it will be done before we fly to Chicago in a few weeks.

Thankfully we got our tax refund so hopefully I'll be able to pay off the bills we've been carrying these last two months and then hopefully we'll be able to at least stay on top if not get ahead!

Ok - long enough post -- sorry no personals - can't remember all that stuff that has been going on! Sad

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying Spring, even though the weather today is NOT spring-like (35degrees!!!)
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Just wanted to stop in for a moment and let ya'll know I had my follow up appointment for the ultra sound I had done a few weeks ago. I don't know what I saw on that screen labeled Fibroid 1, Fibroid 2, and Fibroid 3 but appearantly even though it had my name on it....they are not my fibroids. WTH? Anyway, I have been diagnosed with severe unexplained interuterine bleeding and I am making an appointment to have a ablation done. They will go in and burn out the lining of my uterus which will cure all of this horrible bleeding I have been experiencing. I will also have my tubes tied when they do this. Once the ablation has been done pregnancy is not recommended. Since we are finished having our family it works fine for me! I'm a little freaked but atleast it's not nearly as drastic as I was preparing myself for!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:47 pm

My mom had that done, just be prepared to feel a little uncomfortable and crampy. She thought she was going through menapause as she hadn't had a period for a while. Almost a year went by and all of a sudden she started bleeding and bleeding...(needed 6 units of blood just to stabilize her) anyway they did a D&C and then the ablation and she hasn't had any issues since. I think they sent her home with some vic and ib 800. I am glad it wasn't anything more extreme, although diagnosis's with the word unexplained are never 100% comforting. Let us know when your procedure is going to be.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:00 am

Kim- Glad you were able to have some fun this weekend with the girls and dh..That's too cute about diego and Mckenna..

Elise- Yay for tax refunds...We did not get but only a few hundred back as dh did not pay in enough(due to no job) for us to get the child tax credit on the 3 kids and my younger sister who stayed with us so that kinda sucked..

Michelle-That's awesome news that the fibroids were not yours...the ablation will suck but at least you will finally be free of the horrid bleeding....

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:26 am

just a quick stop to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!!!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:55 am

Happy Birthday Shannon!!!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:34 am

Morning Ladies,

Happy Birthday Shannon! Happy B-day to you, Happy B-day to you! Happy B-day dear Shaaaannnnooooonnnnnnn Happy B-day to you!

MichelleL - I cant wait to try your brownie recipe! DH's b-day is April 8th and he actually out of the blue mentioned that he would like brownies (AWESOME!) So I even ordered a new brownie pan. I am so excited. I am glad you found out about your bleeding. Hopefully the ablation wont be too intense and you can get back on your feet qucikly and with little pain. Oh and yeah that the bleeding will stop!

Elise - I am glad your incision is gettting better. Here is hoping for good news from the wound clinic tomorrow.

Kim - I never even thought of having to take the furniture out. Wow... Things to look forward to. I am glad your parties were fun.

Diana - I hope you had a good visit with your sister. I am glad your trivia night was fun and I hope that horrid headache is gone.

Hi Everyone else! I am sorry if I missed you.

AFM: Well DH leaves for San Francisco today and wont be back until Friday. This is his first business trip since Nate was born. We went ahead and took our dogs to puppy camp. It is just one less stresser for me. Our dogs are really high maintenance. So I am a bit nervous and already anxious for him to get back.
Work is still as busy as ever. We are having a meeting this morning to go over everything I am doing and hopefully give a couple of responsabilities to other people. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Nate is doing better. His breathing treatments seem to really help him. He hates them but ususally gives in and is only a little fussy while getting them. He actually slept all night last night. This is the first time in over a week that he has. His eating has been really off. Like he only wants to eat one ounce then 3 hours later he wants 3 oz then an hour later he wants another 1 oz. etc. So crazy. He started eating really good again last night so hopefully he is almost well. We do the breathing treatments until Friday so DH got to give his last one this morning. I get to be the bad guy for the rest of the week.
I guess that is about it for now. I am off to start working working working.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 am

Happy Birthday Shannon!!!!!

I just had a quick minute to stop in and complain.... I'm so friggin annoyed. I was given a highchair, great condition it's just missing all of the straps, but spotless and works perfectly. I've been emailing Graco for over a week trying to get the straps and today I got an email that they don't make them anymore so they'll send me a $10 coupon for a new one...OH THANKS!!! So the straps may cost me $20 but instead I'll spend $100 on a new chair.
I suppose I'm off to Once Upon A Child for a new one..ewww, I'm so aggravated b/c the chair is perfect.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:45 am

Happy Birthday Shannon!!!! :-))) We are having lollipop day here as it is Brenden's 6 month birthday! I'm making his lollipop tree as soon as we get home from his 6 month well check.....I'm hoping the lollipop will make him forget about the shots!

I'll be back later for more personals. Got to get this kiddo to the dr. Just wanted to wish Shannon a happy b-day! Wish I could make ya' some brownies! ;-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:12 am

MichelleL - good luck with the dr appt! Logan goes for his 6mo appt on monday, although he's officially 6mo tomorrow! Smile

Kim - that dinner sounds yummy! it's always good to have something yummy and comforting after something sad. And about the high chair issue - too bad you can't make straps! We didn't even get a new high chair this time - we just got the booster that reclines so it can be used from like 3mo to toddler. We got ours as a gift, but I don't think they are that expensive! Ours is a safety 1st one, but i saw at BJs first years makes one too! Might be worth looking into!

Amy - I remember when Jeremy (my oldest) was about 2 1/2 and we had only been back in our new house a couple of months and he had to go to the NJ office for a week - I was freaking out!! Now, he's off to Texas for 3 days and I have 3 to deal with! It will be okay - it'll be some good bonding time for you and Nate. And then when he's back, you can have your DH deal with him most of the weekend! Smile

AFM: Things here are going okay. This is a crazy week for me, but otherwise, all seems calm (said very quietly and slowly so no one gets any ideas!). Hope everyone has a good day!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:17 am

Happy Birthday Shannon- Have a great day!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:38 am

Amy & Elise, Hope your week goes well with DH's off on business.

Kim, that is so cute about Diego, glad you had a good weekend.

Michelle, Glad to hear they have it figured out and all will be taken care of.

Shannon, again Happy Birthday!!!

Hello to anyone I missed.

AFM:not much going on here..DH started school last night. I'm so excited for him but it's 4 nights a week so I have to get use to not being able to run around in the eve's.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Hey Ladies!
It's been quite a few days so I'm not even going to attempt catching up! Sorry! I'm wiped out! I honestly can't wait for April vacation! Report cards were due last Thursday and next Thursday are parent teacher conferences. There is just so much to prepare for! Plus Maddie has been doing horribly with sleeping! She used to sleep through the night and hasn't in over a month now. She has nights where she sleeps from 8:30 until 4:30 without a peep and then will go back to sleep until about 7, but those are rare! Last night she was up 6 times from 11-2:30 when we finally pulled her into bed with us. She slept better but then let out random cries from 4-5. It was horrible then I have to come and teach 18 7 year olds, there's just not much down time and I'm so tired! Luckily my parents have been taking her over night on Saturdays the last few weeks. I just don't know what to do! She eats her "foods" three times a day and gets 4 bottles a day- most people say that babies sleep better when they start solids. Not mine!! Last night she was sooo tired too, so I thought there was no doubt she would sleep! I just pray this gets better!! Sorry for the complaining after not talking in a few days!
Hope everyone else is having a great day!!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 pm

I had to share this...this is a horrific story...it was in our local paper but happened in MI. Fair warning...literally, I can not believe I read this or the sentences of the parents.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/184D4A58856000138625758300584911?OpenDocument
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Kristen- you poor girl...has she been in to see the Dr. lately? I was wondering about her ears...or maybe even teething, what about trying a dose of tylenol before bed. I hope you get some better rest soon...only a couple of more weeks until vaca. I was hoping to maybe get together then if you want.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Diana- I just read that article...OMG, seriously the mother's charges are a freaking joke. I can't believe the prosecution is going so lightly on this and what a horrific horrific thing.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Kim- She saw the dr. about two weeks ago because she wasn't eating much. He said it was a combo of teething and a cold. Dh noticed last night she pulled a couple of times at her ear. So, we're keeping an eye on that. There is a white bump on her gums but nothing has broken through yet. The horrible thing is some nights I have given her tylenol because she cried for a little and I thought her teeth were bothering her. I thought for sure those nights she would sleep better and it helped for like 3 hours and she was up again. It's just so frustrating! She goes back to the dr. on Good Friday so unless I see her pulling at her ear more, I will talk to him about it then- if I can last that long! I would love to get together during April vacation!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Kristen - I hope Maddie start feeling better and sleeping better. Poor little one - and poor Mamma too!

Well here I am, sitting on my couch - Nate is asleep. I have made bottles and gotten everything ready for tomorrow. My house is clean, my DH is gone... What does a person do with this kind of time. Usually my DH is here so I have chores and stuff because I would have to clean up after dinner. Since dinner was a cheese sandwich on a paper towel there was only a knife used and bam! Its clean. I am catching up on all my back episodes of the Ellen Degeneres show and Oprah.... Hmmm I feel like I should be productive. I just thought I would check in with my ladies and I hope you are all having a good night.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Wow to the story about the thing in MI...thats just disgusting I so wonder why these types are even blessed with being able to have children....

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:09 am

Amy- Sorry to hear about nates bronchitis! How did your meeting go?

Michelle-The space center sounds fun! Laundry and Cleaning are we ever in a place where there is not laundry and cleaning to be done?...lol yeah for figuring out what is wrong! Glad not having anymore kids works for you guys! Still the procedure sounds invasive I will be praying for you that it goes well. And recovery is speedy

Kim-Glad to hear the appt went well! I am just now switching Daniels 0-3 months out for his 3-6 months…lol he is such a little guy but also almost a month early than landree. We take out the coffee table too when the kids are learning to walk it is just too crowded with them falling all over the place…lol

Diana- unfortunately the fever mine does get. The thing to watch out for is the procedure may cause a UTI. If the fever doesn’t go away in 24 hours or comes back with a vengeance call. But the up side is on the antibiotics she should be pretty good. My son’s is a phase 2 so no surgery as I was when I was a kid. So sorry to hear that. The VCUG is so difficult also I think it is harder on us to watch! My son has rarely been sick on the antibiotics which is nice. I will be praying for Aubrey and you guys, man isn’t there some way to rig the chair?!?!?! Oh how frustrating good luck on finding a good cheap one!

Elise- glad logan is giving you some free time! Hope your appt’s go well that will be nice to not have to take logan with you a nice little break.

Shannon-Happy Birthday!!! Your 21 right?...lol

Kristen- sorry for lack of sleep! Have you talked to her doctor at all? It could be reflux or something not agreeing with her maybe? That is rough for you! I am with kim on trying the Tylenol before bed. Good luck!

Sorry if I missed anyone! That story was awful those people need to be locked up and treated like those poor kids how terrible and my friends are going thorough hell to try to adopt and freaks like that just keep popping out kids to ruin forever. Sad Sad Sad.

AFM I had the best day Monday I went to the shooting range and shot for a while and then went and got a manicure and pedicure for the first time in like 8 years. I loved it! Anyways off to bed hope you all have a great day!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:33 am

Kristen - I agree with everyone else - tyenol does help for teething before bed. We do that for Logan sometimes.

Eileen - glad you had a nice day off! Manis and pedis are always fun.

AFM: my incision is almost 1/2 the size it was last week so yeah!! i go back to the wound care clinic in about 2 1/2 weeks for another check but don't have to go see the ob again since it is healing. now i need to go get the laundry done before DH leaves Sad That way he can bring it all upstairs for me to deal with. Hope everyone as a happy Wednesday - the weather here is finally heading in the right direction - we're supposed to be in 50s for the rest of the week! Whoo Hoo!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:46 am

Eileen - Glad to see you back. I am happy you had a good day. I so want a manacure / pedicure. Maybe when DH gets back. I need a hair cut too like nobodys business. My last hair / nail / eyebrow wax was the day before Nate was born. Needless to say - I need some work done! LOL!

Oh my meeting went ok. My superiors were surprised that I was actually handeling so much stuff. I dont know where they expected all of this stuff to go.... They had to take a day and "think on it" to figure out what the best course of action would be. They just didnt want to take anymore work themselves so it is time to think on what to do cuz there is no one else to give sutff to anymore.

Elise - I am so glad your incision is healing up. I hear you on being sad your DH is gone. I have gotten through one day - only 3 more to go! I hope my DH enjoys Geek Fest 2009! LOL!

AFM - Just trucking along. Last night went ok. Nate was really good. We had a cold snap here that I didnt know we were getting so I had the A/C on and Nate woke up around 4 AM FREEZING. It was only like 63 in his room. Poor baby! I turned on the heater, gave him a bottle and he was out. It was a struggle to wake him this morning. He slept through a diaper change, he slept and ate at the same time and even slept through a breathing treatment. He was tired! LOL! Hopefully tonight goes just as well.
I guess that is it for now. I am off to work some more.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Eileen- glad you got some me time! I haven't had a mani/pedi since I was married...LOL

Elise- glad to hear that you are healing well. Doesn't laundry feel like it is never ending!

Amy- glad your bosses are now realizing how big your work load has gotten...hope they figure out a solution soon.

afm- nothing exciting today, just work and then home. Landree has been a drooling machine, which has caused her poor chin to get so red and chapped. Vasoline has become her friend.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Kim - Logan has that problem too! I put some on his chin before bed almost every night.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next