Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Showers

+9
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
Kristen
eileen bauer
ladydy
PolloLoco75
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

April Showers - Page 11 Empty Re: April Showers

Post by mythreesons Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:29 pm

LOL Yeah I know Diana...But seriously at this point it's like, one more can't make that much difference...I told her we could do a trial for a month or so and see how it goes.Like I said my big concern is Lucas and that's why I haven't done any fosters since I found out I was preggo...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi Ladies. I have been slacking so hard the past few days! lol. Well with kind of good reason. My mom fell and broke her ankle and had to have emegency surgery Sunday night. So I was there all night and all day Monday. They put a plate and screws in her ankle. It was completely moved to the other side of her leg. I have never seen my mom in pain or anything like that. That's the first time she's ever been to the hospital since I have been alive. Its just really scary. Then DS has a wonderful dentist appt yesterday. Fun fun. They talked about him having to have braces. Which just sucks. Miss Chloe got bee stung earlier today by a wasp. So I am beyond freaked out. I am highly allergic to them to the point where I have to be taken to the hospital because I can't breathe. but it's been a while and she's doing fine. The bee landed where she was playing and she picked it up! lol It stung her on her index finger. She just started screaming and I saw the bee laying there dying. I grabbed her up and started inspecting everywhere for the actual sting place until I found it on her finger. She cried for a bit and it's swollen up, but now she's fine. At the moment she is in the floor eating on my ds's xbox 360 headset. He's going to be real mad...but oh well lol. If it makes her happy. It's so funny. Before the bee stinging incident we were playing in the living room and she was pulling everything out from under the tv stand. All the dvds and games. I don't know what she was after. lol When I say she's into everything....she's into everything!

I was going to try and catch up on personals but I don't really have the time now. All i have to say is OUCH to Shannon's sun burn!!!

Hope all of ya'll are having a good day at work/home whenever you may be! Very Happy
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Diana- I was wondering about the swine flu too! Although I haven't looked anything up yet. I'm with you on the work today. I'm here, but just not into it!

Shannon- Holy crap, another animal! But I can see your point!

Jessica- How scary. I'm highly allergic to yellow jackets. I carry an epipen and need it within 3 minutes. I was just thinking about Maddie the other day and if it could be a genetic thing. It's something I want to ask the dr. Hope Miss Chloe is doing ok.
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Shannon - good for you wanting to help, but I'm with Diana - you're crazy! Smile

Jessica - hope Chloe's ok - and your mom too!

To everyone else - hope you're doing okay! and hi!! Smile

AFM: I was so annoyed - my appt was at 10:30, at 11 I went up to desk to find out how much longer. i got in within 5 min after and they're trying to explain to me how they understand that my appt was for 10:30, but they are busy today...Logan was with DH at his office - I can't leave him there for hours! Argh! But at least she said it is smaller and gave me some other stuff to put on it to help it close up.

Not much else going on - Rayna went to school in sneakers today and her boot in her backpack, so we'll see how she is when she gets home (my mom picks her up on wednesdays and keeps her for the afternoon). She wants to be able to run and play on the playground, and we told her (and the dr told her) no running with the boot! It's only for comfort anyway, so.......no phone calls, so I'm presuming everything is okay! Smile

Logan is finally back to pooping normally!! Thank goodness!! I was so tired of those loose poops with him! He's eating normally again, too, which I'm sure is helping with the poops! He finishes on the amoxocillin tomorrow.

Nothing else.....DH is having my hard drive shipped back from the recovery place so we can send it into HP and then since it's within a year of us buying the computer, they'll replace the drive so we'll have an extra one. I'm still pissed that I lost all that stuff! At some point, I have to scan in the 6 mo pictures of Logan we took. I forgot to do that before I hung them on the wall, so I'll probably only do the wallet one of the 3 since that's easier and quicker! I'm lazy today Smile

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather - it's Spring-like weather today, which is much better than summer! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm in a rush (the termite guy should be here any minute and I'm cooking) so once again no time for personals but I did read all the posts! I just wanted to stop by and tell everyone that today has gone MUCH MUCH better than yesterday! I just couldn't wait for Tuesday to end.... Hope everyone has a great evening! I wonder who will get voted off AI tonight????
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 pm

OMG MY SUNBURN IS PEELING AND ITCHY!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 am

Shannon- I swear if I got preggo on the mirena I would scream and probably hurt my doctor…lol since my other three kids are birth control babies I would absolutely die and then haunt my hubby forever for having the super sperm…lol

Joy-Glad everything worked out for your SIL

Elise- glad she got the boot atleast now she will have to not over do it. Take care fo your self you have been going through a lot lately with sickness and kiddos being hurt! Yeah for weaning also!

Amy-that is horrible about the gastric bypass gone bad!!! That is freaky and I want the surgery! OMGosh I may rethink it. Yeah for good moods!!!

MichelleL-done’ you love getting new stuff put on your house? Whether it is windows or floors it always feels so good.

Maribel- Glad you got to get away and have some girl time! Yeah for wine!!!

Kim- the aquarium sounds fun! Hope Mckenna is feeling better soon!!!

Kristen-All my kids want to go to bed at like 7pm it is crazy but it makes for me and hubby time but can’t walk unfortunately 

Diana-It is such a blessing when all the doctors and you are all on the same page and communicating! I about went mad with my little guy when we found out about his kidney reflux.

Nurse Jessica- so sorry to hear about your mom. And sorry to hear about ms chloe being stung! OMG how scary!

Sorry if I missed anyone

AFM I am trucking along with work, school and trying to get things done around my house. HAve some good news, you guys know i work at night as a corrections officer in the local jail, well sometime in teh fall probably i should get to work a day time schedule!!! I am so excited!!! keep your fingers crossed for me it should work out as long as they don't change hteir minds. I never completely believe anythign until it actually happens around here kim i am sure you can relate...lol but yeah it looks good so pray for me if you can

Daniel is coming along he cut his second tooth and still is not so interested in eating but wants bottles every 2-3 hours so he needs to eat. the boy is hungry but doesn't liek the process of eating. so he will ahve to get used to it i guess doctor wasn't concerned about it so will keep on trying. hope all is well with everyone! love you emommas!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Kristen- Miss Chloe is doing good. She sucked on her swollen finger a little last night. She would take it out and stare at it. I hate the allergy. I really hope she doesn’t develop it. My ds doesn’t have it. So hopefully not.

Elise- Thanks. Both are doing ok. I hope Rayna is doing ok with her foot!

Shannon- OUCH!!!!!!

Eileen- Thanks. It was very scary until I found where she was stung at. She can’t exactly tell me! But she’s good today. I hope you get to go to work day time. Nights are way too hard on your body. I always gave it up to the girls who go could work night at work. I wish Chloe would cut her teeth! She gets so miserable at times. Maybe that’s why Daniel won’t eat cause of his teeth. Chloe won’t take a bottle her gums bother her so bad. She wants baby food and whatever I am eating all the time!!

AFM- Like I mentioned Chloe is doing good. Her finger has went down. My ds got into a fight at school yesterday. Some boys jumped him and he fought back. He got the same punishment which I really don’t think that’s fair. He fought back to defend himself so he didn’t get the crap beat out of him. I have always told him to fight back. It may be wrong but I think it’s wrong to just to take it and be beat on! Especially by two boys at the same time!!!! Just nerve wracking.

So off topic--- I am watching Oprah. I really don’t understand how this man who was 1100 pounds and lost down to 198 pounds could really gain it all back. I don’t understand how you get to 1100 pounds in the first place! A fork lift is lifting him out of his house! I mean I have always been a big girl. I am at the highest weight I have ever been in my life. And I am miserable. I guess it’s like any other addiction and you can’t beat it.
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Eileen - yeah for days!!

Hi to everyone!

AFM: I don't know what is going on with Rayna! She's back into pullups because she's pooping in her underwear and even in the pullup without caring! And now she's complaining that her tush hurts - it's all red from being in the poop so I put balmex on it, but i don't know what's up with her! last week when she was in the hospital she was wearing a pullup because she couldn't walk on her own to the bathroom and was in pain so she didn't always realize she had to go....but she would still say she had to go potty and we'd help her and she'd go. but mon and tues at school she pooped (very loose they told me) and then again on wed, so they asked that she come to school in pullups again. and i can't blame her! and i know they hated to do it because she had been doing so well with going potty, but i don't know what to do! i asked her why she wouldn't poop in the potty and all i get is "i don't know" as an answer! and she pooped in her pullup at home 2 times today too! i'm hoping it's the antibotic she's on, which tomorrow is her last day and next week will be back to normal! and her foot is still bothering her - i almost feel like i should be keeping her home and on the couch until she can walk normally, but i know she'd drive me bananas not being in school! i just don't know what to do! and i'm so scared to take her to the orthopedist on wed 'cause i don't know what they're going to say and i have to bring Logan with me too and Alex can't come and my mom can't come either! I'm just so nervous! And if they want to repeat the bloodwork or the xray..........so, of course this is not helping the weight i want to lose, because i'm stress eating and then i get annoyed because i'm stress eating, so i start eating out of annoyance! it's a never ending battle within myself! and one that i don't think i'm ever going to win!

and we still don't know what's happening after July 17 (Alex's last day)....so that doesn't help matters either! And we have to buy a new washer/dryer which i want to do, but don't know if we should be spending a lot of money on it, but we kinda have to. i just want to run away! I told Alex that he gets to run away from all this crap every day but i don't and he just doesn't get it! And then tonight, he walks in the door at 5:50 so I told him I would take Jeremy to practice (which is at 6) and he said no, he'd do it - goes upstairs to change and then comes down, starts putting on his sneakers and then asks me if i would wanted to take him! I was like "i offered to do that when you walked in the door!" Argh! So I did take him, but why did we have to play the game? MEN!

And for some reason, Logan is not sleeping as well as he was, probably because he's picking up on my stress, which means I'm not really sleeping well and while Alex tries to help, Logan seems to only want Mommy. And he's been like that during the day too, so it's like I never get a break! I was going to go to Kohls sat morning by myself, but now we have to go washer/dryer shopping because the place we can probably get the best deal at is only open sat morning 9 - 2 and Jeremy has a game at 1 and they're not open past 6 during the week!

I just want to crawl into a corner and cry until i pass out for a month! I'm not sure I can handle all this at once! I know I have to, but it's really hard!

Ok - rant/vent over - hope everyone had a nice day and has a great night!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Elise, yes, you will get thru it but it sucks for the time being. When it rains it pours. Maybe Rayna's problem is just the meds, maybe she can't make it to the bathroom being so loose.
I completely understand about the job. It's just always in the back of your mind no matter what else is going on. Don't be too hard on yourself about the weight. Things will calm down and it will be easier to focus on that.
{{{HUGS}}}

Eilieen, that's wonderful that you should be moving to days. DH worked 2nds forever and although it was nice that he could get things done during the day it's so nice now that he's home in the eves (well not now b/c of school) but that he's on a normal work schedule.
I have been very fortunate with the dr's taking care of Aubrey. So far all have been great.

Michelle, I told DH the things you suggested and he's like 'GET A PIECE OF PAPER AND RIGHT THAT DOWN'.... already done!

Jessica, glad to hear Chloe is doing better. As for DS, absolutely he should stick up for himself. If he doesn't they'll pick on him forever. I don't think you're wrong.

Shannon, that is the worst when it starts peeling, it will drive you nuts!

AFM:It was a busy last day of the month for work and I'm so glad it's over. April is just terrible for me at work.
We are going to the lake for the weekend tomorrow morning. It's about 3 1/2 hrs away. Two of my sisters have campers there so we're taking Aubrey on her first camping trip....we're not trying the tent just yet we'll let her get a little older. last weekend was 80+ this weekend its only going to be high right around 60 and chance of rain all weekend..figures. I wanted to get away though for a weekend before DH starts his new job on Monday. It will be nice for a couple days. So, I better go finish packing up the house, at least that's how I feel.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri May 01, 2009 10:03 am

Diana- Have fun camping! My DH has never in his life been camping.His mom didn't let him do a whole lot as a kid...So we're supposed to be going next month...Enjoy!

Elise- First off {HUGS}...Now sit down and take a deep breath... Ok, better? Now seriously, my ODS gets loose stools when he's stressed and/or on antibiotics. I bet once she's off them it'll resolve itself. In the mean time try giving her a more bland diet if possible. Poor kiddo! Lucas has been the same way.Clingy...He'll happily babble and coo at anyone who talks to them(after he gives them the stare down to make sure they're ok) but the minute they try to get their hands on him, he turns into a screaming mess of baby...Its frustrating...Things will get better I promise!

Jessica- Poor Miss Chloe! Hope next time she gets stung(well hopefully there won't be a next time) she doesn't have a reaction.And I too tell my kids to fight back unless it's a girl that's being the bully and then they need to get away and get an adult. Id be the parent flipping out on the school board if it was my son.But we live in the city so unfortunately it's not uncommon for kids to get jumped. Luckily for my son though since I'm on the PTO I know everyone of influence in the school...So have you guys got any names picked out?

Eileen- Yeah I'm still tasing him about super sperm...Seriously though , if I'm not on BC and you just whisper the word "baby" near me, I end up preggo... I haven't felt the flutters since yesterday but when I feel where my uterus would be, it's soft and not hard, so I'm guessing everyhing is a-ok. Weird and a bit nerve racking though!

AFM: Yesterday our PTO hosted a "Build a Better Body Night" at the school and we had a bunch of people come to ell parents about summer programs and most of the places we talked to didn't show up which sucked but it was alot of fun. We had really neat health related prizes and I won a 1 month family membership to the YMCA!!! WOOHOO!!! I literally said to DH that I wanted it and 30 seconds later she read off the raffle ticket number which was mine! So it should be fun! My sunburn is peeling like crazy and I've been bribing my kids to scratch my back for me....LOL The weather hs been rainy here and my sinuses have been a mess since Monday but not much I can do about it...Ok gptta run, I have to head back to ODS school for a parents panel meeting or something that one of the teachers asked me to help out with.... BTW STOP HERE BECAUSE I STARTED THE NEW THREAD FOR THE MONTH!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum