Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Showers

+9
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
Kristen
eileen bauer
ladydy
PolloLoco75
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April Showers - Page 3 Empty Re: April Showers

Post by MichelleL Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:59 pm

OMG! Brenden has a tooth breaking thru! It's his bottom right one....it's above the gum! The left one is close....I can feel the rough top part just underneath the gum! I wonder if it will be "seeable" before their pics tomorrow????? I had forgotten how exciting the first teefer is!!!!!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:48 am

Yay for Brendan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woohooo on that lil tooth!!!!! It is so exciting. I feel like I am going to dig for a goldmine every day I check my lil mans top teeth to see if they have made it through the surface yet.. they are so so so very close.. it will be within the next 2-3 days I am sure of it.
And dh went to the dr in detroit...he explained the weird feelings etc the dr did a manual exam of the shunt then told him that he wanted him to go down in the hosp and have xrays and cat scans done because he(the dr) thought there could be a shunt malfunction(tube separation to be exact.) happening... dh went down there and because we have deductable medicaid (him and I do the kids have full medicaid) they refused him!!! Can you believe it? It is so messed up knowing how serious it could be with the shunt malfunctioning or something and they refused to do the tests. so he had to drive 60 miles back towards home to Port Huron to the same hosp I went to for the UTI.. and they did the scans and xrays....and the drs there looked at them and said they could not see anything that looked like a separation of the tubing.. so they gave him the scans and xrays and said he could take them back to his dr in Detroit within the next few days or so to see if he has the same findings. So thus far it seems nothing is wrong with the Dh...Which I thank God for .... we don't need anymore stressors right now. Then tomorrow is Jeremiah's 6 month checkup and also I am taking Elijah so the ped can check out his tonsils and listen to the video clip I got of him snoring...So I ll probably check in later on tomorrow..

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:23 am

Good Morning Ladies!

Well today is my Friday and i am so excited! My work is closed tomorrow so that is just one extra play day for me.

MichelleL - I LOVED THE BROWNIES! They are different than any other brownie I have had. The cake part is sproingy (if you know what I mean) and since that part isnt so sweet it goes well with the really sweet glaze. I wanted one so bad for breakfast, but I didnt have one. I am sticking with my cream of wheat. Oh how do you wrap those things up. I put a foil tent over them and part of the foil stuck to the glaze and took it off. What are your suggestions?

Joy - I am glad things are looking good for your DH. That can be so scary. Here is hoping all goes well with your kiddos appointments today.

Eileen - I am happy you got a week of daytime work in. I hope it helps you and your DH.

Shannon - I hope your family stays well and you dont stress yourself out with spring/summer activities and their schedules!

Diana - I hope you are having a good morning.

Kristen - I hope you are doing well and that things are winding up for you do go on vacation!

Kim - I hope you are getting back into the swing of things ok. I still cant wait to see the pics of the girls room.

Bekah, Michelle (mnelson), Jessica, Jessie - Where are you ladies?

Hope I didnt forget anyone but if I did - I am sorry and I hope you are doing good.

AFM - We had a great night last night. DH at 1/2 of a 16" pizza. That is 4 huge slices. I had 1 1/2 and I thought my stomach was going to burst! We then got Nate to bed and had brownies and milk for dessert. YUM! We also relaxed a bit and watched Iron Man. It was one of DH's gifts from Nate. :-)

Today is the Spring Festival at Nate's daycare. There is going to be an Easter Egg Hunt, Egg decorating contest, food, the Easter Bunny, face painting, some live animals, etc etc etc. I am looking forward to it. Then tomorrow I am off work but DH isnt so Nate is going to go to day care and I am having a Me day. I will get a pedicure and do a little shopping. Maybe have lunch with friends. Then, I will go and get Nate early and we can hang out for a while before DH gets home. I am really looking forward to it.
I guess that is it for now. I am off to get some coffee and start working.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:59 am

Amy- I'm excited for you to get to have a "me" day!! I need one of those! I'm looking forward to all the stuff my kids will be doing this summer.The first few weeks can be rough getting settled in a routine again.

Joy- Good luck at the ped today. Can't wait to hear how big Mr.Jeremiah has gotten!

MichelleL- WOOHOO TO TEEFERS!!! That's so exciting! I'm hoping we soon get to be a part of the teefer club but so far our application has been denied. Oh BTW yeah I think my hubby looks nice(HOT) too with his hair cut.He's not impressed with it but he'll get over it.

Kim- How're things with the girls room?

Eileen- Yup I remember telling you that.And it's true. We all need time for ourselves. Sometimes just an hour is enough to get my sanity back.Tonight I am going with another scout mother to do some training.I will be gone for about 2 hours. So even though I'm doing something to benefit my kids, it's still some me time.How're things going with your DH?

AFM: Well today is the first day it hasn't snowed all week The sun is out and I plan to get my kids outside today so they sleep good at night. Knock on wood but we've been healthy for a week now.WOOHOO!!! I have some serious spring fever and want to be outside.Some of the seeds I've got planted inside to start them, are coming up so that helps a bit. One of my favorite activities bfore I had Lucas was reading.But it seems the minute I get a book in my hands, I'm in zzzz land.So I took up a hobby I used to have...Cross stitching...I'm working on one now and if I ever manage to finish it I will post pics....Later Ladies!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:26 am

just an update have had 2 nights of putting the kiddos to bed early since i am home and it has been so nice got to jsut sit adn talk to dh adn cuddle and so on. realized we ahven't been making time for eachother at all so going to make a better effort for it from now on even if he or i are not in teh mood on my days off which is sunday adn monday night the kiddos are goign to bed early! and yeah working htenights is a major part of it so praying i am first on teh list for days btu no openings right now so we shall see.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:49 am

An FYI- I'm not into kid pagents, but I think there are several babies on here that would be gorgeous on magazine covers etc.Not to say that anyones babies are less cute than others, but some just seem to shine for the camera...Anyway, I got this website in my email awhile ago and although I haven't signed Lucas up, I figured I'd at least pass on the info. There's a website called www.thecutekid.com and they are forever sending me info about which company is looking for baby models. Like today I got one that TLC, Nascar, and PetSmart are all looking for a baby model....So anyway, check it out, or don't either way I passed the info along!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:41 pm

hey girls, i can't do personals today, I'm very sorry.

we went to the therapist and she told cory how to handle me in bad situations. Then she made a really good observation about me expecting people to abandon me and me pushing cory away b/c I think it's inevitable that I'll be abandoned b/c of my mom and dad(a separate story). That really showed me how all my past has really come back to bite me in the ass, but we go again this monday.

My other news is actually bad. My grandmother is not doing to well in the nursing home. This morning she was too weak to feed herself(so they did it) and her blood pressure has dropped and her breathing is shallow. I am pretty sure this is it, so I had to ask DH to take off work for today and I am going to go out there here in a bit and try to stay as long as I can, even if she IS only sleeping the whole time. She's DNR, so it would be pointless to put her in the hospital and pay for the expenses if it's her time to go anyway. So, I probably won't be on again for a week or so b/c I am really close to my grandmother and if she dies today, I will slip into a social coma for a week or so probably.

But in advance, thank you girls for all of your help and support and I really appreciate all of the help I get here. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you guys.

Thanks. Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Bekah - I'm praying for you honey! Know that we are all here for you!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Wow you guys have been busy today!!!

Amy- i totally forgot to tell you, I love your hair cut.

Bekah- Hang in there, thinkinf of you and your family.

AFM- I took some pictures of the room, but they deffinitly doen't do it justice...I will try to download them tonight. We had Landree's 6mo apt today. I put her stats in the apt. thread. The only thing I forgot to add there is they want me to put her in the pack and play more often during the day, she is not developmentally delayed or anything, we just think with McKenna always all over her she doesn't get the chance to sit up or try to sit up like she should, so hopefully giving her her own space will work.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:16 pm

bekah- i am so sorry hun will be pryaing for you! but yeah for the therepy appt!

kim- i am having the same issues with daniel he isn't even beginning to sit up and he just never gets the chance with the other two all over him. we are working on it.

AFM-We had cecilia my 8 yr olds appt today with the therepist and we brought daddy this time and it was major breakthrough talked about daddy's past and how that is affecting his parenting and his anxiety and maybe he should talk to his doctor about some medication for his anxiety and stress and so on. stuff that i say all the time but it means something form the therepist. him and cecilia just have this bad dynamic they get into it all the time and we talked about and looked at that today. very good stuff!!! anyways

I totaly messed up tonight is a easter egg hunt for my church group and i totaly forgot was suppoed to have 12 eggs per kid ready to go stuffed with candy and a box of confetti eggs and i totlay missed it adn forgot so we aren't going and kiddos are upset adn dh is like why didn't you remember but i jsut forgot ohwell. we're having a egg hunt sunday at in laws so they will get one Easter to me isn't abotu the eggs anyways but for the kiddos it is. I feel bad but ohwell i forgot with my schedule being all different this week. i go back to work tonight ohwell bad mommy...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:56 am

Amy- In regards of how to store the brownies so the glaze does not come off I put mine in the fridge during the cool time of 30 min and store them there too that keeps the glaze intact and if you like a warm brownie just nuke it for a few seconds then it will be all ooey gooey again. And even if you eat em straight outta the fridge they taste superb that way also. Thats awesome you will be getting a "Me" day. You deserve one for a busy as you have been lately.. Enjoy it!! About the DH appetite...I know what you mean my dh sometimes eats a whole lot and it makes me cringe just at the sight of what he packs back... Shocked

Shannon- Yay for a 1 week of good health!!!! I hope it continues for you your LO'S need a long break from the icks.

Eileen- That's great you were able to have some couple time together. I am sure the dh enjoyed the time spent. I'll pray you get days really soon. About the easter hunt at church well dh should totally understand why it may have slipped your mind with as busy as you are and so much on your mind its not hard to forget something like that.

Bekah- Awww I'm sorry your grandma is not doing too good. You know even if she is sleeping I am sure she can sense if someone is there with her or not and your presence there probably means more to her than a hundred conversations.

AFM- Not much new here really. I posted the kids appt on that thread..Jeremiah is a bit cranky and fussy tonight and is still up I am sure it is due to his shots and stuff today though( the reason of his crankiness at least)..

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:43 am

Bekah- Hey girl! I'll be thinking about you and your grandma. We're always here for you.

Sorry girls having a shitty day and its only 9am. I'm frustrated with bills, and my kids, and my new idiot neighbors(and their landlord as well), and the scouts program.Idiot kids next door were using a golf club to hit rocks down the hill and when I told them that wasn't a wise idea they decided to change their target to the house across the street(no one lives there currently).Seriously just because we live in the city doesn't mean people need to act like morons.The city is only as bad as the people living there and they could chose to make it nice but they don't.Argh!!! Ok I'll stop venting cause right now I doubt I could stop.....
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:05 am

Morning Ladies,

Bekah - I am thinking of you, your family and your grandmother. My heart is with you through all of this.

Eileen - It is amazing what hearing something your SO said from the mouth of a stranger. Then its like - Oh maybe my SO isnt just nagging me.... Interesting how it works. I am glad there is progress in your house. Baby steps I always say!

Joy - I am glad ODS was referred to an ENT and everything is looking good with Jeremiah.

Shannon - Oh goodness Hang in there Girl! I hate it when people just dont have any sense. I hope you day gets better.

Kim - Hopefully the pack n play will do the trick. Landree probably just needs a little space to do her own thing.

AFM - Right now I am the only one at my house - So WEIRD! DH took Nate to school and its just me now. I am so excited. I am about to go and take a shower and start my day.
We had such a big evening with the festival at daycare and then home stuff. Nate was so tired last night he couldnt eat dinner. He just cried. He wanted a bottle that way he didnt have to slightly chew I guess. Then we had bath time and he passed out! Poor little tuckered out baby.
We are dealing with some hazy days around here due to the wildfires in the state and OK. Yesterday being outside really took a toll on us since we are still recovering from bronchitis. My DH went to the doctor yesterday and was put on antibiotics for bronchitis and then they decided to go ahead and put him on blood pressure medicine. I think that will be easier for him he wont have to watch his foods so closely.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a great Passover / Easter weekend.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:07 am

Holy postings! I haven't been on since Wednesday, and I just finished reading!

Bekah - sorry to hear about your grandma, put like PP said, just being there is nice.

Amy - love the hair cut (don't remember if I said that earlier).

Shannon - glad things are finally getting better for you and the kids - hopefully spring has really come to stay!

Eileen - i totally understand trying to find time to be together it's really hard with 3 kids and different schedules!

Joy - glad you got an appt for ODS - Rayna had her tonsils out last year because they were so big and she was 3!

Kim - I thought Logan was behind on stuff, but the dr said he wasn't....he just spends so much of the day in and out of the car!

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone...if I did, HI!!!

AFM: We're still in Chicago - going home late Sunday night. It's nice being here and spending time with my sister and her kids, but I kinda wish we had booked to go back tomorrow night - I'm tired of dealing with kids not sleeping and not being able to find anything! DH has spent the last 2 days meeting with recruiters, which is good, but a job offer would be better! Tomorrow we're meeting up with some friends at the zoo, and hopefully it won't be as cold and windy as it was today! If they didn't charge so freaking much to change your ticket, I probably would have changed us to coming back sat night since my parents are now leaving sat evening instead of sun (they're driving). oh well - it's definitely harder traveling with 3 kids instead of just the 2! Takes a lot longer and I'm so worn out! Thankfully, we go home to vacation week, except I have to go for my wound care check for my incision monday morning. I had to make it for that day because DH took Monday off and the rest of the week I have 3 kids home all day! And we have friends coming up next weekend - I don't know what I was thinking to agreeing to that! My house is insane now and will only get worse!

Ok - I really need to get to sleep before someone wakes up screaming.....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:56 am

Elise- I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip...and travel safely on your way back...did they get any of the snow that Michigan got last weekend?

AFM- I am working till 3pm, and then going home to hopefully finally download my pictures. I took a personal day for tomorrow so I don't have to work. I have to make two pies for my mom's house and stuff the Easter baskets.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:41 pm

well happy easter girls! Me and my sis were gunna go see my grandma but she is in the friggin emergency room getting stitches and whatnot. She fell out of her wheel chair. Jesus christ(sorry...), how hard is it for them to watch an old lady that can't walk? I mean for freakin serious! >.< a 15 yr old could do this job! All they do is change her diaper(since she can't walk) and feed her, and maybe put on the TV.... She's easier to take care of than my son! although, I'd wager changing a fully grown person's diaper would be much more difficult than a baby's... BUT SERIOUSLY. sorry girls. i needed to rant, but i gotta run now.

Again, Happy Easter ladies!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Aww Sorry about the workers there Bekah..sometimes those places do not keep an eye on the elderly nor take care of them the way they should. Its good that they got he straight to the ER to take care of her and stitch her up...Hope you have a happy Easter also..

Ladies Happy Easter to you All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Happy Easter everyone!!!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Hoppy Easter mommas and kiddos!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:56 am

There is so much to catch up on! Wow! Regretfully, I don't have time right now. I have an appointment with a specialist today regarding my excessive bleeding. I was up half the night praying there is a solution, whatever that may be. I'll let ya'll know what happens when I get back.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:17 am

Hey Ladies!
Hope everyone had a great Easter! Our day was really busy! Hope to post a little more often this week, sorry I don't have time for personals. Going to look for a baptism dress for Maddie. Hers is going to be on May 24th. But with this week off, I'm hoping to get her invitations done and her outfit set.
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:35 am

Morning Ladies!

I hope you all had a very Happy Easter / Passover.

Elise - I hope you all made it home safe and sound and your kiddos are able to sleep normally again.

Bekah - I am sorry things were neglected. Hopefully the ER will get her taken care of and she will heal quickly.

MichelleL - I hope they find something out soon and get you taken care of. Let us know how it goes. I will be thinking of you.

Kristen - Good luck on finding the dress and invitations.

AFM - We had a whrilwind weekend. Friday I did some crazy shopping and bought a bunch of stuff. Clearance racks everywhere have my name on them I swear! Saturday we did around the house stuff. DH wanted to get caught up on his movie watching.... so we did that. Then Sunday was Easter Madness! LOL! We did lunch and the Easter Bunny left Nate a basket that he loved. I will post pics later on the fun pic thread. Then it was rush to get ready for the week. I need another day off I think... Oh and we have Nate's 6 month appointment this afternoon at 1:30 so I will post on how that goes on the Doctor Appointments thread. I guess I should get to work. The lady who was on maternity leave came back today. She is so excited to be back at work. I am glad she is back to take some of the work off of me. \

Oh Yeah and Nate is teething hard core. He has 4 stinking teeth comming in right now (top middle two one next to them and one on the bottom next to the middle 2) and he is fit to be tied. He woke up 6 times last night in pain. Poor baby!

I will be back later!
Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:29 am

Morning ladies

I missed alot since last week...sorry if I miss any personals.

Michelle & Elise, good luck today with your appts.

Bekah, you & your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know it can be rough watching the people you love deteriorate right in front of your eyes and when they aren't getting the attention they deserve, it's even harder.

Amy, HOLY SMOKES!! That boy is on a fast track! Good luck at the appt today.

Kim, We had 6mo appt on Friday. I will post on the appt thread but we are having some of the same issues. They told me Aubrey wasn't delayed, which I'm so glad I really thought she was, and she's strong but she needs some toning, she's a little floppy so we have to work with her more.

Hello to all the other momma's I missed.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! It was crazy here. We had both families at our house for dinner yesterday so 18 people and 4 kiddos. I'll have to post pics... have a great day!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:02 pm

i know! Nate is gunna have a full set of teeth before he hits 1! >.<
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Glad everyone had nice Easters!!!!
Ours was busy and crazy!!!!

Elise- I hope you made it back okay!
Diana- I am glad I am not the only one...it is hard for me, because I can't help but compare her to McKenna who was doing more at this stage and feel like she is "behind"

AFM- I entered both girls in a local cutest baby contest for our local newspaper. The voting doesn't start till May 10th though...when it does, you can vote daily, I will be sure to aggravate you all for votes then!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum