Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June Buggers!

+6
Kim
nursejessicadavis
MichelleL
ladydy
tweetie462
PolloLoco75
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

June Buggers! - Page 3 Empty Re: June Buggers!

Post by Kim Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:58 pm

awww Michelle I hope you are feeling better soon!

Kristen- glad you made it back safely

Diana- that is seriously just amazing...I am in awe of the strength of your little girl...truly amazing!

AFM- I am exhausted and sunburned like crazy...put sun screen on the kids, but not me.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Diana-Thats wonderful that Aubrey has twice eaten more than before her surgery!!!!Glad shes doing so well!!!

MichelleL-Aww {{HUGS}}Im glad your starting to feel netter!!!

Kim-LOL Yea yesterday was a wacky day.I posted the "highlights" on facebook...Day started off busy.I knew I was going to meet a possible future boss so I wanted to look nice but still be comfy..I bought a cute sun dress but am very busty in it so opted not to wear it...The woman was wonderful and we got right to the topic of jobs.She wants my resume asap!The zoo was great!!All the kids behaved well.Took a pic of Dylan and Brady sitting on a faux tiger...Got home around 3:30 pm.Took a quick shower to cool off and sat down to check email...I heard my neighbors dog start barking like crazy and a kid screaming...I threw shoes on and ran outside to see what was happening... Her dogs had gotten loose and chase the kids down the street.No one was bit or injured at all... A woman 5 houses up from mine started screaming obscenities at Mary(neighbor). Calling her white trash and saying she had a loaded shotgun and she was gonna shoot her and her kids and dogs.The girls that got chased were NOT her kids.She didn't even know them. So Mary called the police because she wanted all the facts to be straight and then she went and checked on the kids that were chased.Again they were fine. 5 police cars showed up because the woman up the street was still screaming...They ended up leaving after awhile saying that she just needed to try to keep her dogs under control.No one got hurt and dogs sometimes get loose...The woman up the street still didnt stop bitching...Mary finally called the womans landlord and told him the situation...In the meantime, Mary's son and another neighborhood boy walked up the street.Caleb(mary's son) is white and the other little boy is black, now you know I'm not racise, I'm just telling this part because it's important. The woman started yelling at Leonard that she out to kick his ass for hanging out with a white boy(yes she is black) and then said that she was going to have her grandson kick both their asses.Well Mary had kept her mouth shut until then. But she wasn't about to tolerate anyone threatening her kids.She started yelling at the woman calling her a cow and then mooing at her..And since the woman called Mary white trash we decided that we're going to buy a whole herd of pink plastic flamingos and put them up in her yard(Mary's)...LOL...yes its petty but funny! Things settled down a bit and we all decided to order pizza since no one had eaten dinner.About 5 minutes later Marys daughter came out and told us that Dylan(ODS) had hit her son in the head with a stick.I was MAD!!! I grabbed him and said to apologize.He refused and tried walking away...I picked him up, threw him over my shoulder and hauled him home.He flipped over on my shoulder and grabbed me by the throat...I marched his little but to bed and told him I didn't want to talk until this morning...Everythings all good now, but yesterday was a nutsy day...

AFM-Stupid weedwacker wacked my leg...Damn thing....
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Michelle - I am sorry you arent feeling so good. I hope you start feeling better soon. How long are you supposed to wait before being able to pick up Brenden? Rest up girl. So what is this new business venture?

Diana - Aubrey is AMAZING! I am so happy to hear that she is getting to go home so early. Here is to a continued fabulous recovery!

Kristen - I am glad you are back and your trip was a safe one. I hope you get to rest up some tomorrow.

AFM - Nothing really new just a busy weekend. We had lunch with FIL today and then did laundry, DH got a hair cut (believe me that is an event) and I got a well needed pedicure. Nate has been UBER constipated I started giving him prunes and oatmeal hoping it loosens him up. Poor guy has been a little uncomfortable to say the least. I did walk 2 miles today so I am happy with myself on that one. I guess that is really it. I should get going there is a ton of laundry to fold.

Have a good night Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:39 am

Holy Moly Shannon, that was an adventure, don't you just love people who don't know when to shut up...I hope you get the job.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:58 am

Michelle - hope you're feeling better today! recovery is a pain (no pun intended), but take it easy so you don't have any issues!

Shannon - OMG! Hope your leg is okay! And hopefully you'll get the job too!!

Kristen - glad your trip went well, even though it wasn't under the best circumstances!

Diana - OMG! Aubrey is an amazing little girl! I'm so glad she's doing so well and I know you are too!

Hi everyone else!

AFM: My in-laws were in this weekend, so things were busy and crazy. FIL helped DH put in the a/c units, so now when the next heat wave arrives, we're ready to close up the windows and turn them on. DH has promised that our next house will have central air, and if it doesn't when we buy it, we're putting it in! We shall see!

Rayna has been doing very well with making it to the potty. On Friday, she actually said she had to go at her afternoon school and she went and pooped!!!! Yeah!!!!!! Hopefully she'll start pooping at her morning school in the potty too!

Not much else going on - Logan's favorite new thing is to blow raspberries all the time -even when you're trying to feed him, so it makes eating a new experience! That, and he is starting to try to clap his hands. It's so cute! I'll have to take pictures of it.

I can't believe the school year is almost over! Next week is the end of the year for both kids! This year has flown by so fast....

Not much else is going on with me - just the same ol' same ol' nonsense. Hope everyone has a good Monday!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:42 am

Diana- I knew Aubrey was an amazingly strong girl!!! That is so awesome that she is being released way early. I bet you are relieved as well as I know myself I don not care to stay in a hospital any longer than absolutely necessary...

Michelle- I am glad you had everything taken care of... I d hope your recovery goes quickly though that way you can get back to holding your little guy.. but I do agree with the other mommas on relaxing as much as possible like you are supposed to that way you do not hinder your recovery at all.. I know its hard to do when you are used to being on top of everything as far as household stuff goes but all that will still be there right now just focus on healing up girl.

Shannon- Wow is all I can think of to say to all that.... But on a better note I'll cross fingers for you for the job offer going through..

Amy- I hope the prunes speed things along for Nate..constipation is bad stuff to go through

Elise- That is awesome that Rayna is doing great on potty training I hope it all continues to go well..

AFM- Well the party for Elijah went really well although it started a bit later than planned....He had a great time...afterwards we ended up going to a carnival a few towns over and he used birthday money to get a bracelet to ride all the rides. The cake turned out really well despite the fact that I was not able to to the whipped topping on the top like planned because I did not want to risk it not freezing up completely..but it was yummy.. I made way too much so I sent some home with a few of the guests.. The main thing was is Elijah had fin and LOVED the cake...Jeremiah is crawling all over all the time constantly..he ending up getting another tooth in so this makes 5.And his is really lovable recently he is always giving kisses...it is so cute... Elijah has his tonsils and adenoids removed tomorrow. I have to be at childrens hosp at 9am and surgery is at 1030 am it will last 1.5hours then he will be moved to recovery for an hour then they want to keep him for an additional 2.5 hours then he will be released so we are figuring about 5 hours we will be there...so we probably wont get back home till after 5pm... I am really nervous but in the same sense relieved that he will be able to breath so much better after this all..So if you all can pray for Elijah that everything goes as planned and nothing comes up otherwise..Originally Matt was gonna stay home with the younger two but decided recently that he wants to go also...because this is surgery...so we will just have to keep the kids occupied during all the waiting periods...I will let you all know later on how it all went if I get the chance....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:06 am

well guys for those of you who don't have facebook...here is the status that I posted there this morning...it was an entertaining night at my house last night to say the least...

" so what happens when your 2 1/2 year old goes to bed but is not tired yet... you go in to check on her later cause she is telling you that sissy is making noise...you find her covered in diaper rash cream...yup she painted herself with Desitin! And you couldn't help but laugh at her...although I am sure she won't be happy with how many times she is going to have to have her hair washed to finally get it all out."

Yup that was my night...I have never laughed so hard in my life...it is seriously hard to reprimand your kid when you are laughing so hard you are crying. I will be sure to post a picture because of course we got the camera. I am working my double today so that will have to wait till tomorrow. The only thing that sucked is having to wash her bedding, and some of her stuffed animals that "needed cream too, Mommy". That and my mom is gonna have to wash her hair several times today...and speaking of which anyone have any tips on getting the greasy hair to go away?
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Joy glad the party went well!

Diana- yeah for aubrey!

Michelle- so glad it went okay hope you are feeling even better now! how scary! be sure to take your pain meds

Kim-hope the baby shower went well

anyone else i will ketch you later sorry if i missed you!

I am cleaning house today and working tonight. I am so happy my husband is finally going to see someone for smoe emotional stuff he has been dealing with for years he finally i guess it bothered him enough that he is going to see someone and he is going to my doc so i konw he is going to a good one. what a reliefe it is part of the reason we have had some stress in our relationship lately he takes it out on me just lovely but his appt is the 19 next friday so i can't wait and he is kind of excited to move forward. so hopefully things will get back on track.

hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Eileen- that is wonderful...from experience I know that we automatically lash out at those we love the most, because deep down we know they will "forgive" us but it takes a toll...I hope he will have the same relief I have found with therapy...it is so nice to just be able to unload your burdens.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Hey chicas,

Kim, I'm looking fwd to the pictures! I so need to get updated on my Facebook account. I've had it for a few years but never really used it and now more & more peeps are using it.

Eileen, that is wonderful...hope all goes well and things get better.

Michelle, how are u?? I hope u're feeling better.

Joy, I hope everything went well today...you were all in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy, Aubrey has always had poo issues, maybe that will change. But I started making her cereal with prune juice instead of formula and giving her yogurt and one or the other or the combo really helped. She wouldn't eat prunes.

Elise, YAY!! for Rayna, sounds like she's moving right along.

Shannon, holy smokes...man my life is boring!!! haha

Kristen, sorry to hear about u'r grandpa, i know i'm behind i hope u'r doing well.

Hey to anyone I missed....I feel like I been gone forever.

AFM:I'm just hanging with Aubrey this week. I told my boss I was not even going to work from home. I was planning on being at the hospital all week anyway. It's so nice. I can't wait for DH to graduate and hopefully he can find a job that will allow me to be a SAHM. I never thought I wanted to do that but I definitely could.
I ordered Aubrey some new bedding....she's just too much of a princess to be in a jungle room. I probably shouldn't have spent the money but oh well she's worth it. I'll post a pic of it on the pic thread.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi Ladies.

Kristen- Chloe has been in her walker since she was around 5 months old. She loves it. She never liked the jumper. She goes all over the house in her walker. She follows me everywhere!!! It’s so great peeing and your kid hitting you with the walker! Lol

Diana- I am so happy Aubrey is doing wonderful!!

Michelle- I hope you are feeling better today, and all this pain you are enduring is so you don’t have to hurt anymore once you heal!

Shannon- Wow what a day!!

Joy- I hope everything went well with Elijah’s surgery! The party sounded great! I can’t believe Jeremiah has so many teeth. I am so jealous. We still have none! Just swollen sore gums!

Kim- holy cow! I tried not to laugh when reading it, cause I know it wasn’t funny, but you can look back one day and laugh….just not soon! Lol

Eileen- Hope everything goes good with your hubby and the doc!

AFM- We took Chloe swimming for the first time today. She did great. I was going to get a pic of her in her baby float, but there were so many people there, we just concentrated on swimming. The only pics I could get was when we sat down to eat. I’ll post them over in the pic thread. I’m glad she didn’t burn. I rubbed her down in sunblock so many times today trying to ensure that didn’t happen.
She has been really into blowing kisses the past few days. You kiss at her and she will smack those lips and kiss back and just smile from ear to ear. She is so funny. My doc appt went good the other day. I go for my wonderful glucose test on July 1st.So looking forward to that! Worst part of pregnancy is that test to me!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:50 am

Kim- That was hilarious about the Desitin..I am sure you may have gotten rid of the greasies in her hair already but just in case You could try regular dish soap... I know my father in law strictly uses that to wash his hair because of its grease fighting ingredients..and it works too.. just does not smell as great as the many varieties of shampoos out there..

To all the momma who remembered Elijah going into surgery yesterday and prayed thank you so much... I cannot think of each one individually at the moment...

So on to updates from my end...Ok well as you know Elijah's surgery was yesterday morning was supposed to be at 1030am but the hosp got a bit off schedule so he ended up not going into surgery until 1130 am I was able to stand in the room with him and do the countdown till the meds knocked him out..let me tell you it is hard to have your child talking one min and the next they are completely silent and motionless I mean he did not fight having the mask on or anything but he said I feel really weird and then was out..I got all teary eyed...when the meds took hold of course because I did not want to let Elijah see me crying or anything...So the surgery lasted until 1239pm they came and let me know he was out or surgery and that every thing went extremely well and he was in recovery..so at about 2pm they finally came to get me so I could go in and be with him in the "Wake Up" room.. he was still for the most part in and out of it though but he knew I was there with him as he opened his eyes every so often to look around to see if I was there..They monitored him for 2 1/2 hours and he was given the ok to be released at about 4 pm or so..He pretty much slept all day afterwards though..and he is definitely not him self due to being in pain...but I can say one thing my little man is strong the only time he whimpers a bit is when it is time for meds he hates meds and esp the tylenol with codeine they gave to manage pain..But the good news it that he does not snore hardly at all now and it is no where near as loud and he is actually able to breath so much better now..the nurse said he will probably snore for the next few day just a tiny bit because his throat is swollen but after that it will go away.. And I am not sure if I mentioned it before but when I initially went to the ENT he graded his tonsil size as a +4 and today when I inquired what that meant he said that that is the largest they can get to that normally the tonsils measure about 1 maybe 2 on the scale but that Elijahs were on the highest end of the scale..so that is pretty crazy stuff... I have picture I can post of his tonsils that I took right before he went into surgery...they are huge.. I will probably post it tomorrow or something.. On another note Jeremiah cut his tooth on the top right side of the middle two.. I noticed that it broke through sometime yesterday...so that makes 6 teeth....and he absolutely LOVES the Gerber Crunchies all flavors...hecan go through a can of them within a day if I let him....he likes graham crackers too...and regular mashed potatoes

Oh and Jessica don't worry Chloe will get her teeth in soon I think Faith was like 8 or 9 months old before she got her first one in...unlike Elijah he had his first in the day before he turned 6 months old...I actually thought she may end up toothless for awhile because I did not see any teeth..but I guess girls just cut their teeth later than boys which is really weird considering that girls mature faster than guys

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:06 am

Joy - so glad everything went well! it took Rayna about a week to feel like herself again, but it was worth it!

Kim - OMG! So glad it wasn't me! Smile

Michelle - sorry your incision is causing problems! i so feel your pain!! Smile

Hi everyone else!

AFM: today rayna has (hopefully) her last orthopedic appt. she still ocassionally pops her foot up, but she is pretty much back to normal. and she is still pooping on the potty! hopefully it will continue without any regression.

i registered her yesterday for the pre-k program at the new magnet school they are building in town. this way she'll be at one school where she will receive her speech plus whatever else she needs. she'll be bussed (yes!) so i don't have to drag Logan back and forth. as much as i love the other program she's in, it's just as well - we'll save a lot of money because this is FREE!! and with alex not having a job lined up, every penny counts!

Logan's favorite new thing is to blow raspberries while eating, so i get some nice "showers" while feeding him. it's cute, but annoying after the first couple of times. he also is trying to clap his hands - almost has it! still no interest in crawling - he rolls and wants to stand up while holding your hands.

school is done one week from today....and then i have all 3 home for a week before the older 2 start their camp activities. it will be a very long week, but at least now that rayna is pooping in the potty there is a chance that i'll take them to the pool club. we shall see!

hope everyone has a decent wednesday!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 am

Joy- glad he did well...my husband's were huge when they removed his (as an adult which is 100 times worse, poor guy) they were the size of golf balls, the ENT said he hadn't seen ones that big.

Elise- so glad that Rayna seems to be keeping with it, I know how frustrating it was getting for you...and yay for free schools and programs! Landree has done that a couple of times while eating and you're right...it is funny but annoying at the same time.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:53 am

OMG! So many things to catch up on!

Joy - I am so glad Elijah's surgery is over with! He is going to feel sooooo much better when he gets past the recovery! I was sure thinking about him!

Jessica - Brenden likes the pool too! I won't be able to take them for a while but atleast I know he likes it! Chloe seems so squirly and on the go anyway....I can imagine what she was like in that water! LOL!

Diana - I am so glad to hear about Aubrey's progress...and even more ecstatic that she is HOME!!! WooHoo! Her poop issues should certainly get better. I noticed with Dawson (and still do) as long as I keep him "flowing" its all good but once he gets backed up I have to alleviate it immediately with some Enulouse or an enema....and that rarely happens these days. I just can't tell you how much I've been thinking about your little girl....

Shannon - You have some of the most jaw dropping days of anyone I have ever known! And BTW, I didn't get my tomatoes in the mail....

Kim - Reading McKenna's Desitin bath on facebook nearly put me into a laughing stroke! LMAO! I can only imagine the look on your face when you saw her......

Elise - Sounds like the new school is going to be so much better for Rayna and for your entire family! All of that driving had to be annoying!

Amy - That pic of Nate you are using as your profile pic is mesmerizing! His eyes are so cute! I'm not sure if you are using it on here or facebook or both but that pic is worthy of framing and hanging in a special place. And where did I see the grass story? That was hilarious and so fitting! LOL!

AFM - I am so sorry I've been absent. I've been on and off the computer but just can't sit for very long. This surgery has just been a nightmare. My belly button came open again Monday and when I called the dr on Tuesday she said I'm going to have to keep it clean and dry and let it heal on it's own. Now I'm on antibiotics for the next week. I am so freakin' pissed. Tony jsut got back to work today and then he leaves for school on Sunday for TWO WEEKS. I am so scared. I am just not up to par. That deep stomach pain you feel (like after a c-section) is still lingering and the pain meds make me pass out. My bellybutton looks like a volcano and when I checked my other two incisions the larger one has a long thick scab on it. So appearantly in all of the belly button fiasco my that one had come open too but is now healing. Shit. And can I just say this morning I found out a little friend by the name of Mr. Hemmerhoid has come to visit. The giant one that I had after Brenden has shown his ugly face....can you believe it? Of all things.... Anyway, I am done complaining about this nightmare. Thank you all so much for listening. I can not believe it has turned out like this!!! So to top this all off my mom is moving to Houston....tomorrow. She has been struggling with work since the economy took a turn for the worse and has ran out of money. Her truck was repossessed and she has only worked about 4 days in the last few months. My sister is going to pick her up and bring her here. She is going to be living with us for about a month until my sister can get into a bigger apartment and then my mom will go and live with her. I should be excited but my mom is of absolutely no help. I don't know if ya'll remember but she came down for Brenden's birth and then left the day after I got home from the hospital....just when I needed her help the most. I am more of the parent in our relationship. It's really frustrating but atleast she will be here where my sister and I can keep an eye on her. She is getting ready to turn 60 and just in overall medicore health. Anyway, Dawson is ecstatic because he LOVES my mom sooooo much so I am going to happy about all of this....I promise. LOL! Have a good Wednesday emomma's!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:54 am

Michelle, sorry to hear your recovery is slow. i know you had more than u'r tubes tied but i remember when my sister had that done her recovery was hard. i'll be thinking about you and praying for an improvement.
i hope things aren't too stressful with your mom and maybe she'll be some help with DH gone.
i wanted to ask how long before Dawson went to solid food after his surgery, do you remember? i gave aubrey yogurt the other day and she wanted it but the next bottle she puked. this morning i gave her a little bit of cereal and she gagged and puked BUT that is something she would have done pre-op. i thought maybe i'll just put some cereal in her bottles to help get her back on track

Joy, glad to hear everything went so well for Elijah.

hey to all the mommas, hope everyone has a good day.

AFM:a friend is coming over this morning and we're going for a walk. our subdivision backs to a great county maintained walking/biking trail then we're off for some lunch. it's beautiful here, but supposed to have spot storms, and i want to get aubrey out in the sunshine.
saturday we're walking the race for the cure komen walk.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Oh my goodness I have so much to get caught up on. I have been coming in and reading and everytime I go to post something happens. Ok so here goes...

Shannon - I cant believe I didnt comment on this but OMG what a day you had. I swear you sure do have an event filled life. It makes for great stories! Hang in there girl I hope it gets better and let us know if you hear anything on that job. I am hoping you get it!

Elise - Yeah for everything going on with Rayna! Her going in the potty and her last ortho appointment and a new school. That all sounds great!
I have had a few food raspberry showers myself. Good times!

Joyann - I am so glad Elija's surgery went as planned and everything is looking good, even if it was a little later than scheduled. Hospitals always seem to get behind a bit. I am glad you didnt have to wait too long. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery for him. I was thinking about y'all.

Jessica - Good Luck on the Glucose test. I hated that thing and the 3 hour one too. Bleck! I loved seeing Chloe and those fries in her little swim suit. You can just see her personallity in her photos. She is too much and I love it!

MichelleL - I am so sorry you are feeling bad. I hope it gets better soon. Try not to worry too much right now about your DH going out of town just concintrate on resting. Then you can panic when his car backs out of the driveway... Shocked Surprised Hopefully your mother will be able to help some even if she isnt much of a help and is more of a hinderance. Ha! I just noticed your DH's name was Tony... So is mine! Or Anthony... Whatev - look at us with simillarities!

Diana - It sounds like Aubrey is progressing. That is great. A day out and about will probably do you both some good. Have fun today! I wish I was doing all that stuff instead of sitting here at my desk calculating invoices. YUCK!

Hello to all the others out there that I might have missed!

AFM - I have just been really busy and tired. I almost thought I was pregnant - but no. I have been that tired. I just cant get enough sleep. I am not sure what is going on. I still need to go to the doctor. My DH has forgotten about it so he isnt harrassing me just yet but I know it is coming. We have been working on eating healthy and getting more activity in and it seems to be helping with everyone's (Dh & I) outlook and general well being. So it will continue. We love our walks in the evening and we get in 1-2 miles so that isnt bad. Other than that we have just been trying to work out a plan for repairing a bunch of stuff this summer. We will see how it goes. Our next big project to tackle (or have someone else tackle) is the tree in our yard. I guess that is it for now and I should get back to it.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Diana - I don't remember exactly how many days post-op for food but I do remember that it took him atleast 3 or 4 before his bowels started passing stool and waking up so it couldn't have been too much longer. He did have to be able to eat, drink, pee & poop before we left and it took a couple of days for all that to happen. Since he was older (2 1/2yrs) that part was a little different. The first surgery he was only 5 weeks old and came out with a feeding tube surgically placed so that's no help either. I imagine she is going to be ultra sensitive until her intestines get their "juices" back to full speed. The bottles with cereal sound like a great idea...especially with oatmeal so she doesn't get backed up! Maybe comfort foods that she liked before that are easy to settle the tummy and digest. Did she eat things like toast, goldfish soup, or anything before the surgery? I can't remember back to baby food.....Brenden ate a good part of an Arby's kids meal the other day....baby food is long gone for us! LOL! Dawson is asking for your address....he made something for Aubrey and would like to know if he could send it to her. He thinks it's awesome that they've had the same surgery......
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Michelle, she had to do that too and she did by Saturday that's why they let us leave on Sunday. I am glad to have her home but it also makes me a little anxious/nervous that it's so soon. She seems to be in absolutely no pain. She didn't eat much before hand other than normal cereal, fruit, veggie, meat #2 foods and she usually puked at least 1 meal a day. She has this unbelievable gag reflex that I'm SO hoping goes away.
That is SOOO sweet of Dawson. I sent a private message w/ the info.

Amy, we have a list of things to do this summer hopefully 1/2 of them will get finished.
I told myself for this week that I was going to go thru all my clothes and sort out what I wanted and not and I still have maternity mixed in but I haven't touched them. We also bought this huge picture collage to put on the wall that leads down to our basement and I haven't even moved it from where we put it when we bought it 3 weeks ago.
It's all with good intentions and then time just flys by.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi Ladies.

Joy- I think it might be a thing with boys and girls. Austin got his really early, like before 6 months. Then here we are, 8 ½ months, no teeth!!!
I am so happy everything went good with Elijah’s surgery. Chloe is the same way with those crunchies. She can finish off a can in no time. She doesn’t really like the mum mums anymore. It’s all about the crunchies and yogurt melts. I haven’t tried the tomato flavored on her yet, might get those tomorrow. Oh and she loves the puffs…especially sweet potato flavored.

Elise- Yay for finding a good program and a free one! Hopefully something will line up on the job front soon.

Michelle- I’m sorry you are going through so much. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. You just need to tell your mom she’s gotta help you. Cause you need it!
Yeah Chloe was something else in the water. Splashing us like crazy! Giggling away!!

Amy-wow on the pregnancy scare. What kind of BC are you on? I just kept telling myself this time that I was tired b/c I was working and had an almost 3 month old baby, then when I was supposed to get my period, instead of period cramps there were butterflies in my stomach.
I had the 3-hour glucose test last time. Hopefully not this time. YAY for getting out and being active. I wish I could. I think it’s where I am not working, but walking a little ways about kills me.

Diana- Glad to hear Aubrey is doing good. She did recover quicker. When DS had the bowel surgeries we were in for a week at a time! She is moving right along.

AFM- nothing much on this front. Chloe has been really into kissing today. She will scream momma then blow me a kiss. I kiss back and she just giggles. She is funny. We got some KFC for dinner tonight and she ate mashed potatoes like they were going to run away if she didn’t eat them quicker. We tore up some pieces of chicken that she munched on also. Other than that, it’s been a pretty boring day.

Hope all of ya’ll are having a pretty good day.
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:48 pm

Just had to drop by and tell ya'll that my large incision came open....don't know how it happened but I had to rush to the doctor and get cleaned and steri-stripped. It was a bloody mess. My doctor looked horrified when she looked "down there". She said I have a lot of bruising and my skin is so sensitive that it is just not healing well.....and I'm just looking at her....she did my c-section and I didn't have these issues so I don't know what's up. I didn't start holding Brenden until yesterday afternoon and I didn't pick him up until last night. He kept crying when I layed him in his bed this afternoon and the rail was pressing against my stomach when I bent over but I don't htink that could cause all of this.....walking is more traumatic. All the dang bleeding was better than this mess...........................
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:15 am

Hi Ladies.

First off…Michelle-- Girl you shouldn’t have to be going through all of this. You might want to consider a different doc. You shouldn’t have that much problem healing if they knew what they were doing. That’s so scary. I hope what they did today helps.

AFM- I forgot in my last post about what happened this morning. When I woke up to Chloe being awake this morning, she was standing up in her crib, and pulling on the sides of it laughing. She had been pulling up, but not in her crib. We have to lower her mattress tonight. so after my last post I put Chloe’s Activity table together we got her today. She pulled up and started playing with it right away. Then she held onto it and walked around it, playing with it. She is so funny. She would take one hand off the table like she was going to walk toward me, and then her legs would get a little wobbly and she would grab back onto the table. She’s just ready to walk and go, that’s for sure. She stood up and played with that table for 20mins before daddy walked by and she wanted to go with him. I said thanks a lot!! Lol She has become such a daddy’s girl here lately. Here’s a couple of pics of her checking out the table.

Thinking about going...
June Buggers! - Page 3 100_0639-1

Yeah, I like it!
June Buggers! - Page 3 100_0638
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:59 am

Michelle- I just wanna comment that is so sweet that Dawson is wanting to send Aubrey something..kids are the coolest ever..

Jessica- Yeah he likes the puffs too the banana ones or sweet potatoe...He has not really been into the mum mums lately either which stinks because I just went and bought a new box about a week or so ago and it has barely been touched..Jeremiah is able to stand up for quite awhile next to stuff but has not pulled himself up yet we have to stand him next to it... sometimes though he gets distracted and tries to lean one way or another and wobbles a bit...that is so crazy Chloe is just about to the walking stage already.. I get she figures she better get mobile and independent on her own two feet cause mamma is gonna be a busy one in a few months...I'm sure you are dreading that she is getting so advanced already....it sucks when our babies seem to grow full speed ahead before we get the chance to blink an eye...about the crib I just had the same thoughts a week or two ago about lowering the mattress height for Jeremiahs bed even though he is not pulling up yet...just in case..I have not done so yet but I think in light of Chloe pulling up I just may have to really soon..

I cannot remember any other posts right this second...

AFM- Not too much new today...Although Jeremiah has learned how to clap his hands esp when I say pat a cake pat a cake he will clap his hands a few times and smile the whole time..I thought for a second that I heard him jibber off something that sounded close to pat a cake but he only did it once so I cannot be sure...Elijah he was awake more today than what he was yesterday..he still is not talking..and still not himself totally..It is a bit of a challenge getting him to drink something every so often..not too much other than that though.. I'll try to check in again tomorrow..

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:51 am

morning,

michelle, girl, u need some good vibes your way. hopefully it will be history soon. [[[hugs]]]

jessica, chloe's going to take off on you here soon. did she even crawl or is she going straight to the walk?

joy, i bet that is cute. aubrey loves for you to clap and put her hands in the middle but when u try to make her clap she cluthes her hands and moves them back and forth in and out of her chest. i think that's her clapping right now. it's cute though.

afm: i think i'm going to take aubrey to my mom's today and do all my running. it's raining and messy or i would take her with me besides my mom not watching her this week has her in withdrawls. i took her there last night and was there for about an hour. i was getting ready to run to walmart and all kinds of severe storm warnings started coming so i just packed aubrey and came home. i'm so tired of rain!!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi Ladies.

Joy- I do hate she is growing up so quick. My DH made the comment the other day to her to slow down. She is just wide open all the time. I know I have a whole box of mum mums looking at me. She just doesn’t care for them. She likes something with some texture on it. So I have been feeding her fruit a lot. I have been cutting it up in pieces and she does great with it. She likes bananas and peaches. Eating thing she can pick up and eat works for her. I got her some of those Gerber wheels last night, I am going to try those on her today. Yeah that was freaky seeing her standing up in the crib. She usually sleeps with us, the crib is in our room, and sometimes if I’m lucky I can sneak her in there. We lowed the mattress last night. She holds onto the coffee table and the couch and walks around them. She gets frustrated when she tries to pull up, but she ends up getting it. Now if we can just get teeth!

Diana- I am with you on being tired of the rain. As it pours now. She crawled first. She crawls everywhere and off the bed. She has come off our bed twice now! Very scary. She crawled over my dh one night and hit the floor, I never knew she was up. She’s sneaky.

AFM- Chloe woke up with a cough and sneeze this morning. This is the first time she’s been sick. I don’t know what’s going on with her. She is acting fine, playing all over the place, just sneezing and coughing. If she doesn’t get better by tomorrow I will take her to the doc. Other than that, I gotta get to town and do some bill paying…fun fun fun. I am thinking of moving to another town and a bigger house. It’s going to cost us more, but it would be worth it for the room. But it’s in town. I am use to living out in the country, where I don’t have to worry about how loud we are, or much of anything else. I don’t know. We’ll see.
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum