Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Sparklers

+4
PolloLoco75
ladydy
tweetie462
eileen bauer
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

July Sparklers - Page 2 Empty Re: July Sparklers

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Kim - sorry you're having a rough time at work! Sad it just sucks when your job can beat you down like that.

Logan is doing pretty well with regular food - he's able to pick up the cheerios and get them in his mouth, most of the time. He still won't drink from the sippy cup or even a straw. He can, he just doesn't seem to be thirsty. I'll give him a bottle until he's one, and then bye bye bottles and hello cups. He has started army crawling, on occassion but still mostly either scoots on his back or rolls to get places.

We finally got to the pool this weekend. He LOVED being in the water! Smile Too bad I forgot to put sunscreen on myself, so now I have a wonderful sunburn on my shoulders and back! Sad oh well.

Alrighty - time to chill before running out to pick up Jeremy. We've had 3 days in a row without rain....I can't believe it!! Whoo HOO!!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Kim- don't worry i am struggling with smoking too, i started smoking when i drink on my nights off but it has blossomed to when i get home in teh morning and everynow and then, i found myslef drinking so i could smoke...lol hubby is pissed at me but man i jsut ug need it.

As for work i think i mentioned it on facebook girl i ehar ya my new supervisors are terible and don't back you up and a whole mess of stuff. I swear it is a plague where we work in law enforcment stupid people in charge. they can read books and laws but they can't be real and relate to people under them.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Kim - Sorry work sucks like that. It is so hard when things go downhill at work. Try and hang in there! Sounds like the next little bit is going to be busy but fun. Enjoy your time off. Try not to worry about the cavity too much.

Elise - I havent tried Cheerios with Nate yet. We had these puffs but they are smaller in size than the Gerber wagon wheel shaped crackers. Nate has a hard time holding them and biting them because of the way he picks things up right now. I should buy a small box and give it a try.

Eileen - It is hard dont beat yourself up. You do what you can do.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Hey chicas,

Aubrey had her appt yesterday and she only weighed 13-13 with diaper only. It totally bummed me out but the dr didn't seem concerned. He gave me a referral for OT/PT evaluation but he truly thinks she will grow out of the puking and that she's going to be little. Oh and he did change her meds from zantac to prilosec.
Since we have a cardio checkup (hopefully the last one) in 2 weeks. I'm going to give her a couple weeks at the sitter's house with the other kids to see what effect it has on her and I'm trying my own thing for her eating. My niece's LO is 18 months and at 12 mon she wouldn't put any food in her mouth so she was told to get a baby toothbrush and brush the insides of the mouth and tongue to desensitize her mouth to the different textures. So, I'm trying that with Aubrey and the pedi is fine with it. We've been doing that since Sunday and she has still gagged some but no puking.

We've also been back on the Dr Brown sippy's since Sunday and she seems ok so far and the pedi was ok with that too....just one thing less to break later.

I spent the afternoon watching the MJ memorial. I wasn't intending on doing that but once I turned it on I couldn't stop.

have a great eve!!! I'm still hoping to get some pics onto FB
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:37 am

Morning ladies, so miss Landree had her 9mo apt yesterday, and well she is bigger than Miss Aubrey but not much. She weighed in at 15lbs 15oz and mind you I had just fed her an 8oz bottle and 4oz cup of yo baby yogurt right before we went. So I am guessing a more accurate weight is 15lb 8z. They put her on a medication to hopefully help her poop. I have to put a tablespoon and a half in her morning bottle everyday. But other than that she is perfect.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:40 am

Kim, I guess we just have petite LO's, that's ok with me as long as they are all healthy.
I did want to ask u, when u went thru all the testing with McKenna did they check her for a gluten allergy? I forgot to ask the pedi about it yesterday but I know that a couple of the symptoms are being little and poop issues(constipation or diarrhea), which Aubrey battles constipation.

hope everyone is doing well.... have a great day mommas!

Michelle, I don't know if u check this really anymore but I'm at work today so can't get on FB. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and I'm glad she's physically ok (hopefully). It's SO unfair that you can't feel safe in your own home and it doesn't matter what kind of neighborhood u live in, there are mean, terrible people everywhere.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Things around here have once again been crazy. Nate has had a virus that causes fever, vomiting and throat blisters (Good Times) His fever is finally gone and now he is just trying to recover. He passed out at 7 pm and has been sleeping on the couch ever since. I have to get him up, give him a bath, feed him and get him to bed. It would be easier if my DH was home tonight. Its his beer night with the boys so he is out kicking up his heels.

Kim and Diana - You have such petite little flowers! Our 9 mth appt is on Friday. Last time he was weight he was 20.8lbs so it will be interesting to see where we are now. I am glad everything is looking good for them.

I hope all you other mommas are hanging in there and having a good week.

MichelleL - I just heard (had to go back to FB) about your sister. I am so sorry she had to go through something so traumatic and I am glad she is ok. I hope she gets through all of this ok.

I guess that is about it for now. I now have to figure out how to get everything ready with Nate sleeping on the couch. Which means I have to move him and he will wake up and be unhappy. So I guess I should get to it.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Amy, poor Nate....I hope he's feeling better.

Hey mommas, hope everyone is having a good day.

AFM:Today is 9mo bday...for a few on here I know so I'm going to try to get some pics if ms Aubrey isn't too wiped out from the sitter's today. Hopefully I'll get everything posted on FB tomorrow.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Diana- I can't wait to see the pics! Luc goes for his 9 month appointment on Monday!

AFM: Tomorrow we go to court for the meeting of creditors.I'm terrified!!Please keep your fingers crossed for me!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:37 pm

TMI Question.....

AF has reared her ugly head once again - the first real visit since I stopped nursing - I don't remember the flow being this heavy! Has anyone else experienced a heavy flow for the first after baby? I'm using the super plus tampons and needing to change them at least every 2 hours because they are soaked thru plus onto the pad......I can't remember the last time I had this heavy a flow! I hope it eases up tomorrow!

I know it's a TMI thing, but you're the only ones I can talk to about this!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:20 am

UG i jsut wrote this big old long thing and it dissappeared! basiclly i am looking into the bariatric surgery and need feedback from you guys. my husband thinks it is giving up and taking the easy way out but i seriously don't think i can do it lose 150 pounds i am gainning weight and working out 3-5 days a week eating pretty ehalthy my weight is just out of control. i am scared and worried about my job since it is starting to affect my job performance being a corrections officer. since i make more than my husband this is a big deal so need feedback i am scared and frustrated and my hubby is like you are taking the easy way out and you need to work harder he doesn't get it. he is a twig without any working out so he really does not get it.

TMI QUESTION...i was like that after i ahd daniel at 6 weeks AF returned and i soaked through tampons after an hour. i was liek that for 5 days until they put my IUD ina dn now i haven't had a periode since thank God becasue i was crippled in my house bleeding like that. I am so sorry you are having this but the best i can say is get some heavy duty almost like depends and hang on it will pass! with my toher children i was like that and the periodes after that one were not as bad it was just that one.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:05 am

Eileen - thanks for the support - it's horrible! i don't think it's been this heavy since before i went on the pill!! which would be high school! have you looked into the lapband? i've heard good things about it and it's supposed to be better than the others.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:14 pm

Well i looked into the lapband but the thign with that is if you eat too much it jsut stretches and I don't htink i can control myslef. with teh gastric you can't you get sick so you have no choice. so I am thinking for me the gastroc is better does that make sense?
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Well heard from the insurance company today they do not cover it so looks like it isn't an option anyways.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Elise, sorry u'r dealing with that. AF seems to be a litle heavier than I remember pre-pg but nothing like that. Maybe it will go back to normal after this first time.

Eileen, sorry to hear you can't get what u want...they won't even cover it if your doc says it's medically necessary?
i've had one close friend that had the surgery and in my very limited opinion b/c she's the only person I've seen closely live thru it, I wouldn't do it. Yeah, she's smaller (not thin) but she loves to eat, that's why she was overweight and there are many things she likes that she can't eat at all...not even a little b/c the sugar or the fat will make her sick. I've watched her chew up something and spit it out wanting it to bad she had to have the taste.
It's personal choice for sure and you have to do what will work best for you. Did you ask the insurance about lapband? It can be adjusted so if for some reason you would stretch, couldn't you get it adjusted??? I don't know much about the lapband.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:35 am

unfortunately my insurance has a clause for bariatric surgery in general so no coverage for anythign and i don't have the $23,000 laying around so no surgery for me. But on a lighter note I ahve checked out the joy fit club on msn today show and it shows women who ahve lsot 100+ pounds with jsut diet and excersize and it was uplifting. I am my heaviest right now but i am determined to not always be the "fat girl" I am a 24/26 right now and I am determined to be atleast a size 18/20 ideally i want to be a 14 but haven't seen that size since high school. it is such an emotional thing weight. I have always been the big girl and have come to terms with always being a bigger girl but not this big and not that i think people aren't beautiful big or bigger than me i am jsut not healthy and am unhappy with me. I am unfortuantely beginning to replace eating with smoking which in my mind is jsut as unhealthy and atleast i would not be eating to comfort but my husband doesn't konw i am smoking again and will definately be pissed. I need to suck it up and stop smoking what little i ahve been and get through this and keep plugging away at my work outs. my job could eventually be on the line since i am a corrections officer and i will ahve to do an obstacle course yearly starting next year to keep my job. my job and my health depend on me gettign healthy adn losing weight. my weight is running my life instead of me running it and i hate it. sorry to write a book but you can see how big a deal this is nad people try to explain it away saying "work harder" and it is frustrating. thanks for listening!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:56 am

Eileen - i totally get it! i am very similar - i eat when i'm upset/overwhelemed/depressed - which makes me upset and depressed, which then causes me to eat......the never ending cycle! I have tried dieting and right now I can't really exercise because of my incision still being open, which is just frustrating! Whenever I try to do "normal" stuff, then the incision starts to open a bit more than it was before I did anything. If I could just lie in bed for a week or 2, it would probably be completely closed! It's closer than it has been, and last night DH said that he thinks we might finally have some skin closure, but we'll see! I have accepted being overweight, but I hate it! My hubby is okay with it, he says he still loves me and finds me attractive and stuff, but it bothers me! My brother-in-law just had lapband, that's why i suggested it to you. I don't know if I'm at that point where I feel I have no options left but surgery. Once this incision heals, then I'll feel more comfortable trying to get more exercise in and I'm trying to watch what I eat and do a high protein/low carb (like the GD diet) diet. Of course, DH not having another job lined up doesn't help either! But he has had a couple of bites and one place wants to set up an interview with him. The job is a third shift (11pm to 7am), but I told him that as long as he realizes what it means, we can make it work. Okay - enough rambling. I started this to support Eileen and made it into my own book! LOL
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:52 am

thanks! i needed to hear that someone else feel slike me sometimes! as for hubby working third shift jsut make sure you realize what you are getting into with his night shift. he will need to sleep from like 9-5 basiclly or like me i sleep 9-3 then 7-9 and head into work. which leaves you no help with the kiddos and stuff. with me working night shift my hubby has had to pick up A LOT of the slack with hose cleaning and caring for the children. I didn't raelize how bad it would effect him me working nights so jsut be sure you are ready for it as well as him. I hate it personally but what can ya do need money must work...lol thanks again.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:59 am

Eileen, i have always been the 'big girl' too, even all thru school, never a size 14 here, 16 at the smallest and I wish I could just get back to that. I keep telling myself that I don't want to be the fat mom and I don't want to hold Aubrey back from doing things b/c I won't or can't. I grew up with a mom that was overweight and over the top religious so she had shame b/c of weight and b/c everything with the body was a sin.
My problem is...I absolutly love food. It's not even attached to emotion, I love to eat! I look forward to eating. I was raised to love it and eat like every meal was u'r last meal. That is truly something I have worked hard to try to stop. When DH and I do get a chance to go out I have to remind myself I don't have to eat every morsel, I can get this again.

I'm glad u'r feeling better about the battle. Try to do it a little at a time. I know it's so overwhelming when u think 100#, try to think of it in small hurdles and reach those one at a time.... now maybe i can take my own advice....lol.

Elise, my DH use to work 3-11 and I think I would rather have 11-7. 3-11 we never had an evening together. at least on 11-7 u'r DH can have dinner with the family and sometimes miss a little sleep and have some day time with you all. I can't imagine doing it like Eileen being the mom to try to get sleep and have mom duties would be hard!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:40 am

I've already told him that if he gets this job, don't expect to come and sleep for 8 hours. I told him that he'd come home, have breakfast, take a nap and then after the kids go to bed he would take another nap and I'd wake him to get ready and go to work. It would be a hard adjustment, but it's better than no job!

AFM: AF has FINALLY slowed down! I was really getting worried and annoyed by it! Like I don't have enough to deal with! Hopefully it won't be like that going forward! It was horrible!! Otherwise, things are going okay. Time to get onto the day's crap (I mean stuff).
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:36 am

Elise- yeah for AF stopping I konw i was so excited when i got over it. it can be so crippling! I hate feeling trapped by my own body especially AF. it shouldn't be that bad again hopefuly! how is the incision?

Thanks diana for the workds of encouragment too youa re right baotu making smaller goals for myself one day at a time i think should be my new mantra...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 am

HEY LADIES!!
I'm so sorry I've been MIA. My school gives all the teachers laptops and that is what I use at home. I never hooked up my home computer. Well they took all of the laptops the last day of school to update them. So I have to use my parents computer and I couldn't find the site!! I should be getting my laptop back in the next day or so.

Otherwise things have been good but really busy! I'll check in as soon as I get my laptop- I just wanted to say hi!

Hope you all are doing great!!!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:08 am

Eileen - the incision appears (according to my DH) to be finally closing. I go tomorrow for my wound care appt, so we'll see what they say. Thank goodness AF eased up after the first day! I was almost in tears!

Kristen - welcome back! Smile I know the feeling about not being able to find the place - whenever I'm away and I want to check in, I always have to google it to find it again! Smile Most times we're all on Facebook anyway.

AFM: Things here are going okay - DH is still looking for a new job - so we don't know where that will take us, but otherwise things are ok. Rayna is getting OT now for sensory stuff so now we get to fight with the school system to make sure that she continues to receive therapy once school starts in Sept. DH called the person we were dealing with yesterday, but all he got was VM so we'll have to wait and see.

Not much else - i should be getting stuff ready because I want to take the kids to the pool after we pick up Rayna, as insane as it is - taking all 3 by myself!! Ahh!! But the chlorine will make it all worthwhile! Smile

Hope everyone has a nice day!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:11 am

Elise you are a wonder woman...lol i don't dare take all three of mine. my three yr old is a handful at the pool he runs all over the place and goes back and forth in the big pool and the kid pool and if i had the baby i worry that he would fall in the big pool and i would have the baby to hold and get him! my 9 yr old can go off and do her own thing she swims. she hates that we do not go to the pool very much now that she has brothers. It is so not relaxing when I ahve hte three yr old with me ever! I coudl so skip 2-4 seriously!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:28 pm

hey ladies,

Elise, how was u'r appt? i hope u'r healing.

AFM:not much going on. i'm completely exhausted b/c aubrey is a terrible sleeper. she wakes up whining every 2-3 hrs all night long, sometimes i feed her sometimes she's not hungry. how long can this last??? i made an appt today with an ENT to make sure her tonsils and adnois (sp?) are all the correct size. the pedi said yes but that was just with a quick glance. i'm to a point of just searching for answers, grasping at straws for all the not sleeping/not eating issues. she will go back to sleep but why would she wake up all night long. unfortunately the appt isn't until Sept 2nd but i don't care. i also put in an appt request with children's hosp for her ot/pt evaluation. i was going to take a break with dr's but screw it, i just want to get it all done.
i'm in a total funk, don't know why, it's very rare this happens and i hate it. i find myself having a hard time not being crabby with aubrey b/c she's whiny and waking up and i feel horrible for that, she can't help it ...maybe she doesn't feel well but i gave her tylenol last night and it didn't help at all.

i'm at a loss but i'm sure i'll be fine tomorrow, i don't have to work and i'll be home with her... actually we're going to grant's farm a little farm owned by Anheusher-Busch kind of like a small zoo. i was debating on that or our zoo b/c we have a wonderful zoo too and it's free but it's only going to be 80 tomorrow so it will be packed, so will grant's farm but on a smaller scale.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum