Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

+14
Kristen
nursejessicadavis
mythreesons
ladydy
Mari7779
jessijennings
Kim
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
eve2008
tweetie462
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
rocknrollmommy616
18 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 13 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by Kim Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Congrats Jessica...she is beautiful!!! Are they still monitoring your blood pressure? I know with my DD I had to be put on BP meds for about a month after delivery before it went back to normal.

Shannon- seriously, your luck was supposed to turn with your delivery!!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 13 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by ladydy Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:11 pm

Jessica, she's beautiful. Big brother is a handsome guy too!! CONGRATS!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:55 pm

I like the pic with her looking at you in the little play pen or whatever it is shes so pretty
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:28 pm

CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!! SHE IS SO ADORABLE!
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Kim- Yeah, I thought so...But when I pulled out my key and it was bent at a 90 degree angle all I could do was laugh...When I tried to use the lock to straighten it is when it broke in half...Good luck tomorrow!Can't wait to see pics of Miss Landree!!!Are you nervous?

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:22 pm

Good Luck Kim!! Looks like it's going to be a big couple of weeks around here. I had my last OB appointment today. I was praying for 3 or 4 cm or somthing just do I could get it over with. I knew it wouldn't happen though..and it didn't. Same ole 1 cm, Super High and thick. I think my babies head is just too darn big to move down and do any effacing. Guess it's a good thing I got the section scheduled. My doc already has 5 next week.. two on the day I deliver. I'll be having mine at 8:30am and she has another at noon. She also reasured me that I'd probably be glad to have the section since he seems so big.

Hot button topic to follow... ( This may have been had on the other board, but I missed it)
We are having a lot of little boys around here.. are you ladies opting for circumsision or not? We didn't really talk about it together as a family (what's new) but I figured we just would. My OB said she would do it on Friday the 10th if we wanted it done.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:30 pm

Ok so I know I'm a December Mommy but I have a boy!! Smile We opted for circimsission. It was a very scary experience because we were not allowed in the room. He was almost a month old (he was in nicu for a week and by then the hospital wouldn't do it) they put a little "cap on him" and "tied it off" all we could hear was him screaming from the novicain, then when that wore off, he was very sore (it takes 24 hours for him to lose total feeling) after that first day he was fine, no problems, healed beautifully. Just very gut wrenching to know they are crying because of something you chose to do is crappy Embarassed
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:34 pm

Michelle, if we have a boy we ARE opting for circumcision.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Oh good. For some reason that actually makes me feel a little bit better. It seems like everyone is soooo overly PC now, making a huge deal out of it, how it's cosmetic, no reason to do it, sensitivity issues and on and on.. I just always figured it's all I've ever known, it's how his dad is.. we would just do it. I started to second guess myself with all the "issues" and I'm glad to see others who are still choosing it.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:17 pm

let me say this as a mother of a 2 yr old boy, it was heart wrenching and hubby about passed out from the look of it the first time after, but when it comes to cleaning little ones especially boys those parts tend to be pretty hard to clean! I am opting for the circumcision for cleanliness adn the fact that boys iwth circumcision have less infections meaining bladder infections. Since kidney issues run in my family bladder infections can be VERY dangerouse so i am all for it. ofcourse I am probably the most un-PC person you will ever meet mind you. I am a bottle feeding, boy circumsizing, putting rice cereal in the bottle full time working kind of mom I call it reality parenting...lol have no issues with people who do it differently or think otherwise I just do what works for me. Also whne youa re potty trainning my friends little boy keeps having the foreskin come over the hole where the pee comes out so he is splashing all over himself without meaning to. Mine just likes to wave his around and be cute but he doesn't have the skin to get in the way and cause problems. but that is my 2 more like 5 cents...lol

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:08 pm

Love it! I too am of the bottle feeding, rice giving, full time working variety.. so I hear ya all the way. There just hasn't been a little boy in my imediate family.. well ever. My cousin has a 5 year old little boy, that I've met maybe 4 times and other than that the last boy born in our family was 23 years ago. I know NOTHING about little boys.. LOL I'm sure I'm in for it.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Jessica -- congrats on the new arrival. What a sweetheart!!!! (Boy I am dreading labor and delivery but can't wait to hold that little one!!!!) Very Happy

Kim - GOOD luck tomorrow. Happy baby vibes to you. Thanks for your input.

AFM - Thanks for your input on my situation. It's so nice you're not alone! Now if I could just figure out doc's mumblings lol. I swear he said 3cm, but still thick and high. Is that possible? It's like I lost all my baby knowledge when I had my DD 4 yrs ago. (I also wish I understood what his babbling about a week and a half was about - he's a goofy man, but I like him!)
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:52 am

Circumcision
I didn’t want it, Dh did. The nurse who came to our house a few weeks back actually was against it I think and my dad was like why do it ? but my husband feels very strongly on the subject.. every guy I have talked to (I have a lot of guy friends and artist are ummh free about that sort of thing to say the least) say its completely what they want. A few of my friends didn’t have it done and had to go get it later in life. One for religious reasons one because he was very self continues about it..
I just keep thinking that if it where mine I would want the decision to be mine to make. So I would prefer if someone didn’t go and take my bits off but.. every single guy I’ve talked to has had it done or wants to have it done.. I have a cousin who doesn’t have it due to health problems when he was born and as soon as he turns 18 he is getting it done..
on a really probably not funny to you guys but to me it is note it has helped him remain a virgin because his mom wont let him get it done and he just “knows” that girls would think he is deformed..
(he is 16)
One of my little brothers had a problem with his but my step mom didn’t take care of it right they didn’t keep pulling the skin back and so on so it grew up and over then they had to go and well I suppose rip it is the best way to describe it. So My only cents is to just make sure you know what to do with it as far as care afterwards and don’t neglect doing it..
Although with those little caps they put on now I hear its very hard for things to go wrong…
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:33 am

Jessica - I feel you on passing the clots and the bad cramping. I was passing some pretty good clots there for the first week, but now my (TMI) urine is clot-free!!! Not to mention, my hemorrhoids are pretty much gone! woohoo! But I was cramping so horribly one day that I had to call in another script for hydrocodone. I hope you don't pass too big of clots. Apparently THAT is a bad sign!

Michelle - Our doctor did it the day after he was born! We opted for circumcision because DF and I think it is more sanitary. Also.. lol It's prettier that way hahaha. No, but seriously, it's easier to clean and you get less of a risk of infection and lower their risk of catching an STD later in life. I just think its more sanitary that way. Plus, DF is circumcised, so it made sense. It didn't hurt our DS. They put lidocaine on it and let that sit for an hour, then took him to the nursery and he came back just as calm and asleep as he had been before he left. He was just fine. The little cap came off just yesterday and it's healthy and clean and he's just fine! No pain at all. Plus, it's not like they'll remember it and I think they would feel weird if they had the foreskin(later in life), where other boys did not. Not to mention, there is a passage in the bible that talks about circumcision and all that. I think it's in the old testament. Anyways, there are my reasons. HTH ^_^

AFM - Things haven't changed much around here. We spend our days feeding and changing and staring into the eyes of our little Joey. I finally have gotten a good deal of breast milk in, but I still can't get him to latch on. They said he has a high pallet and my nipples are so big, its near impossible to fit the darn things in his little mouth! So, I'm sticking with the pump. OH MY GOSH! We bought the cutest little costumey thing at Walmart today! I wanted DS to have a costume for Halloween (even though we won't be trick or treating) and my sister told me about these footy pajamas at Walmart. Well we got these ones that looked like a Dalmatian and it has a little tail on it and a hood with little black ears! It's SOOOOO cute! I'm going to take eyeliner and put a little black nose on him and put little dots on his cheeks for whiskers! He will be so precious!!! ^_^ Well, I'm glad us girls are finally having our babies, even if they are a little early. ^_~ Keep it up ladies! I want to see more of them little boogers on here VERY soon!!!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:01 am

It is just about 4 am and I can't sleep!!! I have to get up in an hour anyway...it is going to be a long day...I just can't wait!!!!

But I did want to say this...even though we are having another girl, if we had had a boy, we would have circumcized. I have family members that are and aren't...and I so don't care if we were doing it for selfish reasons or whatever, I would have wanted my son to look like his dad...Honestly the non circ fad reminds to much of the non vac fad which in opinion is scary and dangerous.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:06 am

Good luck kim {{{Good surgery vibes}}} we will miss your posts while you are in the hospital!!!

well I am at work adn after deceiding this is my last week I only have today, tomorrow and saturday woohoo! I feel so uncomfortable and have so much pressure. I am a baby, my last 2 kiddos were so high i swear they were kicking my ribs and lungs! this one is very low and has been the whole time. anyways only 3 more days counting today!!! Then i
am free to sleep in, relax and do as much schol work as I can! hope everyone is having a great morning!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Everyone!

Kim - Good Luck on your delivery today. You are in my thoughts. In fact by now (8:12 AM central time) you have welcomed Landree Kate into this world. I am so happy for you and am sending woderful delivery and healthy baby and mom vibes your way!

Shannon - Ok Girl - now I said I wanted a drama free delivery but that doesnt mean that when you get home from the hospital it should start back up again! LOL You poor thing. I can see you standing there staring at your key with your DS just calling your DH to let you in. My goodness it does make for a funny visual.

Michelle - We are having a boy and we are having himi circ-ed. There was never really a question for us. I have even already signed the consent forms at my OBs office. He will be like daddy, its more attractive, its cleaner, I think its better for self esteem - going through puberty - locker rooms - girls... It may be a bit uncomfortable for him but that only lasts a very short while and he will never remember it. I just avoided all the debates on the Oct BBC thread. They would get crazy! I am not PC either and I dont consider it genital mutilation.

Bekah - Your costume sounds so cute! I tell you what we will have to start a newborn Halloween costume photo thread when it gets closer. I want to see everyones LOs in their costumes. We already have 3 outfits for Halloween.... Too much? We have a going out outfit - pants and a shirt, a ghost sleep sack & a penguin costume. There will be so many photos! You must post a couple.

AFM - Just got to work and dont care about our dress code anymore. We have casual fridays where we can wear jeans. Yeah - I am wearing jeans today. Screw it! I wanted to be comfy... in my mind I did my hair and make up and came into work. They can forgive the jeans. If not - I will go home no questions asked. Cool

I set up the lady to come and clean my house on Tuesday. I cant tell you how excited I am. Now I have to clean my house so she can clean my house. Rolling Eyes Funny how that works.

I guess that is all for now. I should go and get some work done since I have been here for a 1/2 hour and have done nothing but play on the internet!

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:35 am

Part of shannons post a few pages ago ...

Diana-I'd love to give advice on breastfeeding but still dont really know what im doing...lol but I bet Lucas can give you some tips!I just point the boob and he does all the work Smile Seriously tho if you have a question and I can I answer I'll be glad to.

Girl your lack of sleep doesn't take away from your humor at all....absolutely loved the "just point the boob" part... lol!

And about the whole circumcision thing..... I had it done with my firstborn and though he was in pain for a bit all was well... Plan on having it done with lil Jeremiah also...I personally would rather him be in a bit of pain now then have issues to deal with later because it wasn't done.. More power to those who refuse it for whatever reasons though

Also I have a DA later so will try and post again if anything has changed since last visit... am hoping for more dilation since I have been feeling alot of pains and cramping the past week. Will find out though at 4 when I go to dr.

Last edited by joyhurt83 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to add info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:37 am

[b]Oh yeah I think I posted this on announcements already but WTG and congrats on lil baby Chloe glad to see things all went well for you although a bit longer of labor no complications.. and wooohoooo for no tearing or cutting this time!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBirdie Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:50 am

Ladies, I think I finally figured out how to post here! Yeah! Now I need to catch up on all the stuff I missed.

I will post later.

JayBirdie

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:01 am

I know I said I'd post my birth story over here and just haven't done it so I cut and pasted it from BBC..I can't believe it's so hard to get into now...SO here's the details...Other than I didn't put in there that there was no tearing the resident that was there made a comment on how long the umbilical cord was and he said it was so long that he could jump rope with it.I told him where to go jump...LOL...After re-reading it I can tell just how tired I've been...So here ya go!
Mommy's Name/Screen Name: Shannon/Dylanbradyandbeansmom
Baby's Name: Lucas Kenneth Philip
Baby's Gender: Boy
Date of Birth: September 26,2008 5:05pm

EDD: October 9, 2008 38weeks 1 day
Statistics: 8lbs2oz, 21inches(my smallest baby)
Birth Story (Optional):

At my 37+ week checkup(on Tuesday) my doc came in and asked me how I was feeling.I shot him a dirty look and said, tired but fine...He told me that I had urine in my protein and despite how my whole pregnancy had gone, I hadn't had protein until then...So they sent me to L&D where I hung out for 2 hours and got to go home and do a 24hour urine catch...Because it was started so late in the afternoon, when I dropped it off the next day they told me it would be later that night that they called with results.They checked my cervix and said I was starting to dialate.Well by 10pm that night they hadn't called.So I called first thing on Thursday morning to get my results.My doc called me himself within a half hour himself.He never calls people...He said that prelilinary testing showed that I was heading towards pre-e so even though we were planning to induce on 10/2, he felt it would be much better for me to be induced the next day.I've had a rough pregnancy health wise.I was also on blood thinners and had just gotten over the worst part of pneumonia(caused my staph).I had a fancy award dinner to go to that night with my mom so that worked out well for me...Friday(9/26)at 7am we went to the hospital to be induced...Did the paperwork, and got hooked up to iv's.Nurse taped me to the bed with my iv...It was funny.Got pitocin at 9:15am and developed the 2-4 minute pattern immediately but didnt feel them until about 10:30-11am...My favorite nurse was working and she was there for me the whole day!I was her only patient, well supposed to be but apparently it got very busy and there was a premie born as well and about 11 other women delivered that day.Around 1:30pm I was given some painkillers thru my iv...Nubain I believe...I was loopier than anything and it helped for awhile...By around 4pm I couldn't sit through my contrax anymore and was using DH to hang on...I wanted to go all natural and ended up getting an epidural...LOL...It helped that last 45 minutes..I was able to get enough relief that when I started pusing at 4:55(my doc was leaving at 5pm and a doc that I HATE was on call)I had some energy back.Lucas was born at 5:05pm after 10 minutes of pushing...He had the cord wrapped around his throat twice and a full knot in his cord(I'd been telling docs that he'd not been as busy moving lately) but was absolutely beautiful!He weighed 8lbs2oz and was 21 inches long(doesn't even seem that big).He's a very sweet baby and we're learning to breastfeed together, which has been quite the project but soooo worth it...If it hadn't been for DH and my favorite nurse it would have been a terrible day...But I have my sweet boy and it makes everything worthwhile...Off to wake him up to eat...
October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 13 Mrwgo7cmovrwc434jnsw43tforucaudinfwgs4d4heztamrthf6hy October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 13 Bg895463
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:20 am

Kim-WELCOME TO THE WORLD LITTLE LANDREE KATE!!! LUCAS SAYS HI !!!
Eileen-Woohoo to only 3 more days of work!!! I actually kind of miss working and interacting with adults...Now when I get around any adults I just ramble on because I'm so excited to talk about anything other than Spongebob or Wonderpets.See there I go again...LOL

Amy- It's definetly a good thing to avoid some of those debate boards about to circ or not to circ...I've contributed to a few of them and they get downright nasty...Bottom line is everyone is entitled to their own belief but not everyone can let things go at that, KWIM? My last few weeks at work before they closed my branch, I wore what I wanted ...I figured what are they gonna do, fire me?I mean at that point I only had khaki's and maternity shorts for the summer anyway so it's not like I was a slob but we to could only wear jeans on friday...

Joy- Gotta laugh in life otherwise what's the point? It's cpompletely true tho if you think about it with the breastfeeding...I point, he sucks Laughing Good luck at your d/a!

So far nothing new here...Well am having some definate hormone issues these last few days...Not depressed or anything just random tears..I looked in my fridge last night and saw that we were out of milk...Tears... Broke my key to the house..stared then laughed hysterically...Ugh...can't wait till those are all gone...I feel like a walking lunatic sometimes.I think I may have missed a few back posts somewhere so will check them out and post again later.

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:42 am

Ok so seems I missed the circumcision discussion...Looks like I may be the only one on here that is not for having it done.It's a delicate subject so I will try to tread lightly but it is something that DH and both do feel strongly about.None of my boys are circ'd but my DH is.SInce the skin doesn't retract until 3-4 years of age cleanliness is not an issue.Leaving the forsekin intact actual protects the penis from alot of irritants especially during the diaper years and doesn't require any extra cleaning.After that it's a matter of teaching good hygene, basically like teaching a little girl to wipe front to back and not the other way around.When we found out we were having a boy the first time I was preggo, DH said we're getting him circ'd.I never assumed anything either way.Within a week DH had decided that he definetly did not want to put our son through that.He'd done alot of research online about it and started sending me links of videos to watch and all kinds of facts...He was overseas for 5 months doing a degree requirement for his major in school, so that's why he emailed me links..Because he felt so strongly about this considering he is circ'd I decided to do my own research...The thing is, you can't really say you're doing it so he looks like his daddy because no 2 penises look alike.Even if they're both circ'd they will look much differently.There is also a high chance to botch the job. Basically in the end we figured that is was put there for a reason, so it's not our decision to remove it. Again, this is just how DH and I feel...I'm not one to judge what other people do or don't do. So there's a whole new opinion for ya Smile Ok off to shower while Luc is sleeping.

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:50 pm

Hey ladies. Thanks for all the congrats. I have not had the time or the energy to get on. I am so sick of the iron pills. My blood levels were low when I left and they put me on iron, but I am still so weak. My legs are swelling sooo bad, as are my feet. They look awful. My blood pressure was completely fine during labor and after, so no b/p checks. No more clots...YAY and I am barely bleeding at all. Its almost like the last day of a period. So my DH thinks that means we are going to be getting busy sooner...i said ummm NO! lol He also tells everyone the birth story over and over again. He makes sure he tells everyone that he was the first to see the head coming out! lol

Kim, I know it's too late, but I hope everything went well and you and your baby are doing great!

And I hope everyone else is doing great, I am going to try and get some rest!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 pm

I know Kim is out and having her baby, but I'm going to have to agree with her on the non vac fad. I think it's ridiculous that moms aren't getting their kids vaccinated because of "autism" when clearly there is no evidence either way and plenty of people get their vaccinations and turn out just fine. Which brings me to Jenny McCarthy. Although I VERY much applaud her efforts towards curing autism or even preventing it, I think her son was misdiagnosed. If you watch her most recent interviews that involve her son, he seems like a normal kid to me. I think maybe he was just a little slow going, KWIM. Again, I am not hating on Jenny McCarthy because I think it's great that an actor like herself is going so far to do so much for autistic children and their families. But the truth is, the kid seems like a normal kid to me. She claims she cured him with a healthy diet... I hardly believe that. Anyways, What's everyone else's view on the subject?
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next