Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So..........

+5
jessijennings
eileen bauer
mnelson80
Kim
sanderson0705
9 posters

Go down

So.......... Empty So..........

Post by sanderson0705 Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:09 pm

So why does it seem like we have lost our "thunder"? We all seemed to excited to be here and now there is very little going on LOL

The other board doesn't seem to have anyone interested, I guess they must have conformed Twisted Evil

Nah just playin, have a good night!~!
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

So.......... Empty Re: So..........

Post by Kim Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:47 pm

there appears to be a lot of people signed up but not a ton posting...I really hope they get posting!!!! Sigh...we just have to wait and see...but I refuse to conform, the new BBC is worse than myspace.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:36 pm

I was thinking this exact same thing. Hopefully they start posting.. otherwise maybe just us few will get really close.. that would be ok with me too. Smile
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:52 pm

I think all of us are a little beat down too with the births approaching and all teh craziness of getting prepared and so on. I know I am beat if it weren't for work and having to sit at my desk I would not post as much. I still post on BBC a lot though and usually just copy and paste over here. That will change when we can't post at BBC anymore.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:47 am

I don't even know where the new bbc board is..

with my advancing age comes computer stupidity....
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by daisiesforu Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 am

sorry i will give my lame excuse for not posting...though on the old forum i posted alot but now i feel as if i am the only one on here...
i am only 13 weeks along. i feel like i am in left field and everybody else is batting. i have been reading every bodies post just not posting...
i hope everybody is well.
daisiesforu
daisiesforu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:38 am

daisies...post anyway...especially if you have any questions!!!! And are you going to find out what you are having? We get all of your fun times to look forward to...those of us who are almost there, really have nothing left but to complain about how miserable we are...LOL!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by daisiesforu Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:02 pm

thanks...this is my 3rd child so nothing really shocks me...i am the one my friends go to when they have the "embarrassing" questions..since i am blunt and hide nothing...
we do plan on finding out the babies sex. i am pretty sure it is a boy. i have been right the other 2 times so we shall see...
i do have a question...what do you do when you can't agree on a name...i have my name and i say no matter what i am not budging this time...and my hubby says NO...
daisiesforu
daisiesforu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:12 pm

LOL...good question, but I am really no help...as I picked the name, really gave no other options for the girl's name and somehow made him come around to my way of thinking...but in his defense he was adamantly against the name with the middle name I had originally choosen so when I agreed to change that and he helped, he began to really like the name...I have to admit, I love her name now, more than I did the original combo which was Landree Lynn.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 pm

I would be ok with just being small and close Smile I know how it feels I am (i think?) the only dec mom on here. The name thing, my DF and I went through it. He wanted Danera Ashlee Rose ((BARFFFFF))) I told him I wanted something neither had in our corner, then it was Willow Rose. Decent but hippie. So I was like look, I really want Sophia you give me that, I'll give you Ashlee Rose, but we have to spell it AshleeRose so its not 2 middle names. He caved Wink
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:54 pm

We can't agree on a name either. I don't particularly care anymore. I'm not even consulting..hehe I'm just going to sign the papers with Dominic Riley and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to sign after me. HA!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 pm

We went round and round and finally deceided on Daniel but now the middle name is still up for grabs can't deceide between my husbands name or his grqandpa that just passed aways name so Daniel Jeffrey or Daniel Edgar neither are exactly perfect sounding but it will get deceided at some point. I had some friends that brought the baby home wihtout a name they still couldn't deceid!..lol they had to go thourhg all sorts of issues with gettign the birth certificate thought becasue they didn't do it at the hospital. So definately make a decision at the hospital or the paper work quadrupels!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:55 pm

My DH and I went round and round on names. I wanted Levi as the first name. Its a family name and I just love it. DH however didnt want his kid named after blue jeans. PuH-Leeze. The mans name was Levi Strouse. Anywho, DH said it was ok for a midldle name but not the first. He goes along more traditional name lines and I go along slightly more modern name lines. The only name we both liked was Nathaniel and that took months to agree on. So many lists of names we went through. I am going to see if I can get away with callng him Levi after he is born but I dont think its going to fly. Keep your head up - a middleground can be found.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 am

We had Christopher Druke Jennings then DH changed his mind round and round from scott to johnathan (I always wanted Christopher Andrew Jennings but.. he hates that) now it looks like its going to be Christopher Charles Jennings..

Amy
I still remember this kid from like elementary school named levi he was SOOO cute all the girls wanted him come middle school.. I transfer to another high school but ooh he was hot.. big blue eyes and freckles but in the most attractive way I have ever known..
It’s a pretty awesome name for a guy every levi I have known has been really attractive..
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 am

Amy- Levi was at the top of my list for boys names too...as I wanted an L name to boot...but DH knixed it for the same your's did and that is when I fell in love with Landon...but I got a Landree instead.

Michelle- You go girl...I seriously would have done the same if DH hadn't caved...I knew I sure wasn't.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:23 am

We were originally going to name ours after DF. But I kept getting kinda goofy looks at that, especially from my b*tch of an SIL who also had the NERVE to ask me if I was going to give him my DF's last name. BTW I was like WTF? What kind of question is that? I'm marrying him, and the child is his... why wouldn't I? Okay, back to the subject at hand. So, we got to talking one day and my DF was REALLY loving the name Joseph. It was his grandfather's name, and he LOVES his mom's side of the family. I didn't mind it, but I told him he had to have a good middle name to accompany it. DF was totally stumped. So I said, why not take your middle name (Jon) and extend it to Jonathan? Now he has a really strong like "going-to-be-a-CEO-of-a-major-company-someday" name lol. Joseph Jonathan Ward. It just has a regal sound to it! And for a girl we had agreed on Autumn Jean Denise. Autumn is just so pretty, Jean was his mother's middle name(i couldn't handle carol, it didnt fit right), and he wanted to add my middle name, which I was not going to fight him about lol.

I know that wasn't helpful, but once you both find a name you like, you will oth be glad you picked it. Maybe keep syphering through names? You'll come up with a compromise either way. Eileen's right, you don't want to have to go through all that! lol so, chin up, and see if you can't compromise on a name together. ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:45 am

Denise is my middle name too Razz
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by eve2008 Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:42 am

on my end i got the name Isabela from my brother, he was throwing names in the air after we found out the sex, and i loved that one. plus my moms name is orbelia (and old name i know) and everyone calls her bela, so its perfect. so i told dh that i had found the 1st name and he got to pick the middle name. b/c ds2 has his first name and we both picked his middle name. so he decided on Lidia (after his grandmother who raised him and passed away last year) anyway everyone tells us it sounds better the other way around (Lidia Isabela) but i really want Isabela first!!!!! Very Happy
a couple of days ago he asked if we could flip the name!!! and i didnt answer b/c we had already agreed. but im not sure what will happen at the end.
eve2008
eve2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum