Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woo Hoo - It's October!

+13
Kristen
ladydy
Chaycethedogs
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
wyo_mommy
tweetie462
eve2008
jessijennings
mythreesons
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
mnelson80
17 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 8 Empty Re: Woo Hoo - It's October!

Post by Kim Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Elise- OMG!!! That is crazy...and so sucky!!! I am so happy I could hear them say, right side tube cut and left side tube cut!...now I wonder does your insurance still get charged for the procedure...or only half price.

Michelle- I noticed a huge difference between this time and last time with the moisture...only a little bit this time and I know the steri strips were the culprits last time.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Anyone ahve info or know where to get some on siblings dealing with a new baby? my 2 1/2 year old is having an AWFUL time!!! heis great with the baby loves on him and gives him his binki and kisses him but in general is contrary and loses it which is not hie normal disposition. he is so angry and like emotionaly out of sorts he just loses it and I put him in his room until he regains control of himself. tantrums adn all which i thought we were long over. ug as if the baby not sleeping helped...lol i am getting 2 hour stints between feedings at night nad he is taking 4 hour naps during the day so working on switching that up. but this is making life VERY difficult and really triggering my crying spells as of late. any ideas or anything? we are making efforts to spend time with just him and so on but it isnt' helping.
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Bekah- Yes the jaundice showed up on either day 2 or 3 in the hospital. Before we left, they did a blood test to make sure the jaundice wasn't too high. Her pediatrician had her feeding 10 min. on each breast then 1-2 oz. of enfamil with lipil which has iron in it. Plus he had us feeding her every 3 hours, even waking her. After 3 days, the jaundice was gone and she had gained 11 oz. He had wanted her to gain a little weight too, which she did well with. Also he had us putting her in the sun a lot. We sat holding her in just her diaper on the coach with the sun shining down on her or we put her in her pack n play with the sun shining down on her.

Thanks for all of the kind words of Madison, or Maddie girl which I've started calling her for some reason. She is a little peanut, but I don't know for how much longer! She's been eating like a little pig lately.

Kim- Do you find your incision still gets moisture? I've been drying it, and blow drying it, and putting gauze on it, but it still seems a little red to me. I can't wait until it has healed, I find myself worrying about it lately.

Amy- I know what you mean about having a hard time resting. I try but it doesn't always work this way. I find I have so many things I'm trying to do, and just can't catch up sometimes.

Have a great night ladies!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:22 pm

Kim - I have no idea on the insurance...i will just have to wait and see when the EOBs come in....

Eileen - when DD was born, DS was almost 4 and very helpful and excited. Now, DD is 4, but developmentally really about 2 1/2 to 3 so she's having slight issues -- mainly her sleeping at night has been changed...she's falling asleep later at night and waking up more during the night than she was prior to Logan being born...the only advice I can give is to not reward the negative behavior -- i have found that sometimes kids act out because they want the attention and even negative attention is better than no attention in their little minds...have you tried ignoring him? i know it sounds cruel, but maybe if you tell him "once you've calmed down then we talk about it" or something along those lines and ignore him until he calms himself down...i've used that technique on my oldest (he's now 7, but i used it when he was younger too) and it works...sometimes....depends on what the problem is

we bought a cradle swing today since we sold the one we had from DD -- i love consignment shops! paid $35 for a gently used one instead of $100 for a brand new one! works for me!! Very Happy Now i just have to remember to take the stuff that i still have in the basement from DD to sell.....

okay - snack time before DH and i clean out the fridge before i go grocery shopping tomorrow...time to get of the leftovers from when I got home from the hospital....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:55 am

Kristen- Try putting some powder on it...I use a little dusting of goldbond daily and it has really kept the redness down.

Elise- I am just so curious! What a great find!!! We have a friend giving us one of those exersaucers that is a bouncer too...I like that so much better than the hanging johnny jump up. I have so much stuff to take to consignment (clothes wise) I need to get on it, I figured I would just take what they give me and get what I need for my ODD.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:14 am

I am with you kim teh johnny jumpers are bad, but i have a free stadning jumparoo that has worked great for 2 kids over 8 years gonna use it again with this one.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:23 pm

I am thinking Nate may get an exersaucer for Christmas. That may be something Santa will bring him. That and maybe a bumbo seat. Anyone used those? I have heard they work great. Anyone tried them? Thoughts?

Well DH is finishing up the closet today. I am a litle worried because it doesnt look like the space we are going to need. It may be a bit cramped but we will work it out. My mom is getting ready to leave. I am kind of relived by that. It seems things are more a mess with her here than with her at her home. Bless her heart, she does try. It was sweet she woke up this morning and kind of took over Nate because it is her last day here but she just cried and cried because she was leaving today. It was sweet and a bit funny at the same time. She lives 20 minutes away. Which in DFW 20 minutes is like next door. Everything is that far away.
Its getting a little exciting because Nate is now staying up for play time a few hours a day. He was just sleeping eating and pooping this whole past week. Its nice to have some time with him.
I should be napping right now but am just unable to relax and fall asleep. With so much going on in the house I cant relax. Oh well I guess I should get back to it. I hope you all are having great weekends.

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Amy- Those are two must haves on my list...the seat really helps them with their sitting up ability...and the exersaucer, well it is just a lifesaver for keeping them occupied. I love both!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:50 am

mythreesons wrote:Heather- Yeah I've gotten used to pulling DH's hands off me lately...Before Lucas was here I reminded him it may be awhile after he's here...So it's been a month for us...And he's annoying me...He gets out of the shower and comes in yet again saying"How you doin?" and shaking his thing at me...

Shannon

I just had to laugh at this totally sounds like something my dh would do knock on wood quick that he hasn't done that yet...but a few subtle hints have started and Jeremiah isn't even two weeks old yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:49 am

uhh out of curiosity, when should you start the whole santa thing? I mean, he's kinda young to understand that... but maybe not. Do you start right away? That is the one thing I don't know if I'll be good at. Santa...

Well FedEx called DF last week and told them they had an opening. But it was only for part time and he decided not to take it. Because, although it would be more per hour, it would only be 3 hours for 5 nights a week. How dumb? I was like, stay at walmart for the full-time hours until Southwest calls. Speaking of which, he had one of the ramp supervisors from Southwest come through his line a week or so ago and the guy said two people were leaving soon! And DF is next on the list in the hiring pool!!! I'm praying sooo hard that it will work out!

The bad news: DF got a really ugly paycheck for the week he took off to help out with the baby.
The Good news: We got a letter from Navy Federal(it's like the Navy's own bank) and cory had some money in a savings account that had been building up for quite some time. He was able to get the money transferred to his checking account. so we won't miss his car payment this month! You know, it's crazy how things pan out sometimes when you absolutely need them to!

In other news, we are going to the doctor today to get Joey checked up on. His diaper rash still isn't getting any better and I still think he's having to push WAY too hard to poop... we got some pear juice but were afraid to use it until we hear from the doctor! I also have to call Medicaid today and ask our adviser when she thinks our case will go through because he's going to need his shots next month! >.< I'm so fed up with these damn people that it makes me want to hit something! Anyways, that's all for now, will update everyone later of the DA and what she says about the rash! TTYL girls! Tootles!

Bekah
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:08 am

Bekah- Landree was like that with the bm's...we switched formula's, to Enfamil's Gentlease and it has worked wonders. We also started the Santa thing right away...for me that is the best part.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:00 am

Joy-My DH started dropping hints before I left the hospital...LOL...I told him he has a hand and if he doesn't like it then use the other one...Unfortunately he caught me in the middle of one of THOSE types of dreams and I succumbed to his, um charms.We used a condom but it BROKE!!!!OMG!!!!!What are the chances of getting preggo right away???I haven't had a period yet so am hoping its ok...

Eileen-My oldest 2 are 20 months apart...ODS had a rough time with us bringing home a new baby...He was fine with baby but started throwing temper tantrums and acting up....it lasted a month or so...You're doing all the right things but it's just gotta work itself out...Good luck...

Bekah-Start Santa early, definetly.I still believe in the magic of Christmas!Hope Joey's tush starts to feel better soon!Have you asked the doctors office if they can back bill?They may be able to do that once the insurance starts...Good luck at the doctors office!

I want an exersaucer for Lucas for Christmas too!! Kim you are so right that they are a life saver(sanity saver)!!

AFM-It was kind of an ok weekend...Nothing dreadful happened but nothing great either...Friday night I had been really frustrated with Luc(and my other 2 kids-just a combo of everything)and I passed him off to DH.I went to bed at 9pm and Lucas woke me up to eat at 6:30am the next morning...So he slept through the night but has made up for it in the nights since...Every evening from about 4pm until around 7pm is Luc's grumpy time where he just wants to be attached to me and I feel like there's not a whole lot of milk at that time because he's been nrsing off and on for 3 hours straight..I asked the LC's about it and they said it's normal and no I'm not out of milk.He's just looking for reassurance...In other news, my middle son woke up with a wicked looking rash on Saturday...It was literally everywhere but his back...I called my mom(nurse) and gave him some benadryl.She said if it went away with the benadryl then it's an allergic reaction.If it just stopped itching then it's something more like measles.No fever and not grumpy or miserable.Well the rash went away within an hour. It was gone all day and then he got 2 spots started on his back after he played in his room.Woke up yesterday and it was there again...Benadryl again and rash goes away...Now this morning as soon as he was out of bed I checked him out, no rash...But as soon as he started playing in there it came back...Anyone have any ideas?We haven't changed anything like detergents or anything...Oh and DH is soooo not helping out with my diet...He brought home donuts and cider and cookies and then baked brownies...Not very nice...So today am trying to get back on track because I'm sure that everything that I've lost I've gained back(well the 3lbs in one week anyway)...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:10 am

OMG Shannon! I hope for your sake you are in the clear. I think I would feel a little better if my DH gave me the opportunity to turn him down. Its funny we talked about it the other day and we are both looking forward to DTD again. He is just like - when are we supposed to do it and with what energy? I guess as first time parents we are still getting used to everything and its hard to find time. Give us a couple of weeks and I think we will be good to go. That and DH doesnt do well with little sleep. It doesnt affect me as much.

Bekah - I say start Santa as early as you can. At this age they dont have to have the big shabang - waking up with tons of presents. They wont remember or realize any of it. We would have probably bought the exersuacer anyway so I use Christmas as an excuse so we have a gift for him.

Today is the day of cleaning up around here. Now that mom is gone DH and I are taking things slowly room by room and just doing it little by little. Hopefully by the end of the day our house will be better. Its driving me insane.
That and I have a friend coming over tomorrow to meet Nate for the first time. So I would like to have it no so embarrassing. DH will be doing most of it but I can say I helped because I put the breast pump away.

Well I guess I should get to it. I will try and check back in later. Have a great day ladies!

TAKE CARE,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:54 am

Amy- Just curious...When you pump how much do you get out?And is yours a hand pump or an electric pump?

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:01 pm

wow Shannon that sounds awful! I would say urn his room upside down, wash everything if you can, see if maybe he brought something in from outside. There maybe something on some of his clothes maybe? I know this is morbid, but maybe check the mattress for bed bugs? You don't have to have a dirty house to have bed bugs, either BTW. It can just happen. They live in the seams, but they would be big enough to see probably. I'd say wash everything and maybe go in his room with him when he plays and see what he's playing with or where he's playing at specifically and maybe you will find the solution. I hope you find out what's bothering him so bad! Also, I'd call his doctor and maybe schedule an appointment to do a scratch test for allergies. I'll bet it would be easier to find out sooner than later if that's the case! Good luck Shannon!

In case you don't read the NEW DA's from the main page - We had our first visit to the doctor today (due to insurance problems). Joseph was 8lbs 12oz when he was born and now he is 10lbs 10oz! He's sooo big! But the doc said he was in the 90th percentile. So I think that means 90% of babies his age are that weight. So, I guess he's not stupidly big. We found out about the diaper rash! He apparently has some Thrush, which is passed to him through the birth canal(go figure). So he has the yeast infection in his diaper and we have to put towels all over the floor and let him lay naked for a while during the day to let it air out! I will also start putting corn starch in his diaper since that apparently seems to work very well. Doc prescribed us an ointment for his bottom and drops for his mouth. He said other than the thrush/yeast infection that he was a perfectly healthy baby boy! They didn't have a length measurement for him(for some ungodly reason) so I didn't find that out. But I have measuring tape here, so I might just measure him on my own. ^_~ But yeah, we're all good cept for thrush/yeast infection! YAY! ^_^

Last edited by rocknrollmommy616 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:08 pm

I can't believe I have a min to check in - Lexi has turned into Mommys Girl and constantly wants to be held - the min I walk out of the room she screams!!

DH lost his job due to the economy...I have no idea what we are going to do. I am so scared and emotional.

I feel so guilty I have no time to spend with my 2 year old. When he gets home from daycare it is time to feed Lexi and then it is her awake time and she only wants to be held. He is showing signs of jealousy and is having more and more tantrums.

Wish i had better news..
Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Here is a link to pictures of Lexi. I will try to get some on photobucket when I get a chance.

http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=818181224343128004/l=434107742/g=75218947/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Hey mommies!!! So glad I have a few minutes!!! Hubby is going into work for a late shift today so he and Brenden are asleep....so thankful for a couple of hours on my own! :-)

Bekah - starting Santa early is def the way to go! The pictures are priceless! My first DS's Christmas was spent in the NICU but we did Santa anyway...and I am so thankful! We only did a few gifts but lots and lots of pics! Of course we will do Santa this year but I think Dawson is starting to realize the idea of a man running around the country delivering gifts to EVERY child is ridiculous...DARN IT! So glad ya'll found out about Joey's rash...it should be pretty easy to get rid of now that it's identified.

Amy - Be careful with cleaning, ect. I think I over did it when my BFF was visiting (well, I cleaned before she got here) and I think I feel a hernia on my left side...CRAP!

Kim - we started with Enfamil then switched to the Gentlease...I've heard so many raves about it. We saw some improvement but not enough. We have since switched to Similac Sensitive and it seems to be doing the trick. BTW, are you still checking your BS? I haven't checked but I definately do not feel the high's and low's anymore...so nice to eat what I want! LOL

Shannon - you crack me up! If my hubby did that I think I would roll my eyes and remind him "no dessert until he visits the snippy doctor!". There will be no more BFP's for me!!! LOL I have no advice for the rash....it's crazy the way kids "find" things....sounds like something my 1st DS would get...an unknown rash from a room. Let us know what you find out, if anything!

Heather - So sorry to hear about your hubby's job. The economy so sucks right now. I hope he finds something else soon. I'll keep ya'll in my prayers.

AFM - We are just truckin' along. I'm starting a schedule for Brenden today. It's just too hard letting him rule the roost. I've devised something that he has already started so it won't mess him up too much. I remember starting the schedule with Dawson and the first week was so hard but life was so much easier after that...for him and us. We all always (well, most always) knew what to expect. He is on his way to 11lbs...he's already outgrown NB diapers and all of his NB clothes....he's definately a little chunky monkey! Hope ya'll have a great Monday!!! -Michelle
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm

Shannon - I use an electric pump and I get MAYBE 1 oz every time I pump. It is so not really worth it. I have kind of stopped pumping as of yesterday. DH hasnt mentioned it and I dont plan to either. He is the one all over me to do it and I just cant anymore. Not for the results I am getting. Its very disappointing. We even bought the pump so now I have a great pump that I will store until the next baby comes along. Ugh - that is something I cry in the shower about.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:51 pm

Amy- I was on the verge of quitting pumping until I read this article...it was after i posted my question to you...I'm only pumping about 2-3oz total combined and I only pump in the morning after I get up and I try to pump a second time as well but it seems like I only get a decent amount in the morning...I'm frustrated with breastfeeding right now as well but not quite ready to throw the towel in yet...anyway check this link out... http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/pumping_decrease.html

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey Ladies!

Kim- Thanks for the suggestion I was nervous to put anything on the incision for fear of infection. I will def. try that.

Heather- I'm so sorry to hear about your dh's job. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Bekah- I'm so glad to hear you were able to get Joey to the dr. and you were given some stuff for the rash! Hopefully it clears up for you shortly.

Well, gotta get going! Maddie has been fussy today, barely sleeping unless she is being held. What have I created?! Hopefully she'll sleep good tonight!!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Bekah- the percentile thing goes like this...my ODD was in the 5%, that means that only 5% of kids her age were smaller than her, and 95% are bigger...Landree was in the 75% so that means that 75% of kids her age are smaller than her and 25% bigger...so Joey being in the 90% means that 90% of kids his age are smaller than him...it really doesn't mean all that much unless your kiddo's fall into the top 5% (95% or higher) or especially the lower, like ODD was...she was diagnosed failure to thrive for a while because she was not gaining weight appropriately. Finally at two she reached the 10% and when I weighed her today she weighed a whopping 24lbs...the size of many 1year olds...sigh. I am glad that his little bum is going to get better now.

Heather- I am so sorry...this economy really sucks and it makes me nervous every day.

AFM: I am just trying to get through and desperately waiting for these sleepless night to end. I am just so tired...I don't think I slept for more than two hours last night, Landree decided to fuss all night.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Kim-I think Landree and Lucas must have chatted about the fussing...I finally got him to sleep and my dog threw up on the floor...Fun times...

Heather- So sorry your DH lost his job...{{HUGS}}

AFM- Ok so am thinking maybe DS's rash is coming from some stuffed animals...(Checked for the bugs Bekah-thanks for the suggestion)Not definite but will know more tomorrow if he doesn't get the rash(I took them out-they were really old, mine when I was a kid, but clean I thought since we've washed them)...

QOTD- Has anyone gotten a visit from AF yet?

Geez I'm on here alot, basically whenever Luc eats during the day I just plop down in front of the computer...Sigh...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:05 pm

Oh and Michelle- I haven't been testing and feel great...I do have to do another diabetes test before my 6 week follow up, what about you?
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Kim- The dr didn't say anything about testing again. I keep telling myself I'm gonna check a FBS but I've already put my meter away and to get it out again makes me cringe! Sad It's probably a good idea to check though....GIVE ME STRENGTH SISTER! LOL
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next