Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby's First Pedi Visit

+4
rocknrollmommy616
tweetie462
Kim
mnelson80
8 posters

Go down

Baby's First Pedi Visit Empty Baby's First Pedi Visit

Post by mnelson80 Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:15 am

Dominic will have his first Doc visit tomorrow. Just thought I'd start a thread about the Pedi visits.. since we won't be having as many now.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Baby's First Pedi Visit Empty Re: Baby's First Pedi Visit

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Jeremiah had his first appt on Oct 10th. He weighed in at 8lb 5 oz same as discharge from hospital. Was the same length and his head circ measured 14.5 which is a half inch bigger than when born but the lady said its probably because he moved while they were doing it at hospital. Everything looked good though so Jeremiah doesnt have to go back until Nov 10th.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Landree had her first one on the 9th...she still wasn't up to birth weight, she was 7lbs 6oz but the head and length were still the same. So she goes again tomorrow on the 16th to have a weight check...she also has to have her hearing screening redone as her right ear results came back invalid, it could be just a tech. difficulty but it still makes me nervous. So we are doing that at the hospital before her apt. Then she doesn't go back until the begining of November.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Logan had his first dr appt on 9/30, his second on 10/3 and his third on 10/10...at the last one, he was up to 8lbs -- he goes back on 10/24 for a weight check...with the way he's been eating he should be over his birth weight by then (8lbs 2.4oz)...speaking of...guess who's up to eat! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 pm

D had his first visit today. He's looking good. I'm not sure if the measurements at one place or another are off, but he seemed to have grown 1/2 and inch and has gained back 2oz since leaving the hospital.

The hard part is that I will have to keep pulling back his circumsision because it is reattaching poor little guy. Doc said it's because he is kind of chubby. hehe..

Other than that looking good. Glad he was gaining weight already.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:17 am

I've never heard of that, Michelle. Did they use the ring for the circ, or not? Joey's came off and hasn't tried to grow back or anything. I'm not trying to alarm you, i'm a FTM so I wouldn't know if that happens often, I'm just curious as to why that would happen?

Unfortunately because I didn't apply for medicaid til the day before I was induced(I didnt know til the day before that I was going to be either), it's taking a while for us to get the actual card for joseph. But I talked to our case adviser and she said to just find a ped. who takes medicaid and explain the we are applying but haven't gotten the card yet. He HAS to get it because he's under 1 year of age and has no medical benefits, so... I am going to call someone tomorrow. Although, we haven't even gotten the packet of info from Medicaid with the list of doctors in our area, but I think I found one. Wish us luck. He really needs to be seen about his diaper rash, his stools, and he needs to get that second newborn screening test done. Wish us luck!

Bekah
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Michelle- just so you know...that happens all the time. Honestly it is better to be working on it now than a few months from now, that would hurt him way more.

So Landree had her second apt. today. She passed her hearing test, so I think it was just a glitch the first time. And she had to go for the weight check because she wasn't at birth weight yet last week...so in this past week she gained 12 1/2 oz!!!! Ummmmm, she has now surpased her birth weight and weighs 8lbs 3oz at two weeks. All things look fantastic and we go back at one month.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:11 pm

Well Kim I am so glad Landree's hearing test came back with great results. That is wonderful news.

Nate had his first DA on Tuesday. He had to go in early because of his jaundice. They did another billie test on him and his levels havent gone up. We just have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesnt get anymore yellow. He hasnt made it back to his birth weight yet but he has a little while to get there. He is at 7 lbs 6 oz and he needs 2 more oz to be at birth weight. So we are to put him in the sunshine in open windows so that he can have some sun therapy. Yeah since the diagnosis it as gotten a bit cool and has remained overcast so we havent had any sun. That makes it a bit more difficult. Other than that we are good.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Lucas was born weighing 8lbs20z on a friday.we went home that sunday with him weighing 7lbs13oz.he had his first check-up on October 1st and he weighed in at 7lbs6oz(my milk had just started to come in).At his second checkup on 10/8 they said they were looking for him to have gained an oz a day and he did that literally.He was up to 7lbs14oz.Doc said he was looking good and would see him back on 11/24 for his first of shots and another check-up.So we're off to a good start...His jaundice is now completely gone, but it did take almost 2 weeks...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:12 pm

We had our first visit to the doctor today (due to insurance problems). Joseph was 8lbs 12oz when he was born and now he is 10lbs 10oz! He's sooo big! But the doc said he was in the 90th percentile. So I think that means 90% of babies his age are that weight. So, I guess he's not stupidly big. We found out about the diaper rash! He apparently has some Thrush, which is passed to him through the birth canal(go figure). So he has the yeast infection in his diaper and we have to put towels all over the floor and let him lay naked for a while during the day to let it air out! I will also start putting corn starch in his diaper since that apparently seems to work very well. Doc prescribed us an ointment for his bottom and drops for his mouth. He said other than the thrush/yeast infection that he was a perfectly healthy baby boy! They didn't have a length measurement for him(for some ungodly reason) so I didn't find that out. But I have measuring tape here, so I might just measure him on my own. ^_~ But yeah, we're all good cept for thrush/yeast infection! YAY! ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Bekah-Glad you found out about his butt..Glad to hear that Joey's doing really well!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:30 pm

well the twins have had several appts due to being premature but they go this friday for their 2 month check up and first set of shots. im also very curious to find out how much they weigh. at one month they both had doubled their weight.
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Michelle,
My little brothers did that too and they told them not to mess with it so later they had to go back and rip it down it was awful.. I don’t think they used the ring thing though.

Bekah
We waited to long too and the tricare office said Kit will be covered under my husband for the next 90 days but if we don’t get him on the dears by then we will have to pay all of his medical bills after that.. so we are trying to get it all done. Its impossible to do anything much though. I’m sorry your having so much trouble.. the nurse told us that what we should try for diaper rash first is just water wash his little bottom and let it air dry but we will want to put something over his pee pee because well.. it pee’s try doing that before doing the diaper rash creams because though they work they are also a pain, you have to get it allll off every time you change his diaper due to the feces and such and then reapplied and you end up wiping an wiping.. so try water.. we haven’t had any real diaper rash yet but we are washing his little bottom daily and my dh is letting it air dry while holding him on his chest in the bathroom so he doesn’t get to cold.. I’m hoping we don’t.. I heard breast fed babies get more diaper rash though.
Saw your next message about thrush , if your breast feeding you will need something for your boobs too.. they can get the yeast from his mouth and its not fun i hear..

Amy
We just put him in his car seat in the kitchen floor in front of these patio doors we have and he stretched and laid out in the sun for almost an hour (well gloom sun lol) I donno If it did any good but it was awfully cute

Kit went in today for a two day check up, the nurse who came out said he looked jaundice (however its spelled) and that he was at 5lbs 2 oz so we needed to get him in quick we got in today and they weight him said he was 5” 6oz and he was 5” 8oz at discharge so they don’t think it’s a problem.. the ped said he didn’t think he looked jaundice he personally thought he just looked a bit yellow but considering that his grandma Is a fully blood Indian .. that’s kind of normal I personally am the same shade as a rubber band but he did the heel prick and it came back pretty good so no light table or anything.
I did get the joy of breast feeding in public twice and once in the patient room so.. I guess I can handle boob baby and blanket now !
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:15 am

Jessi-Isnt that fun the first few times?I now have no shame now about where to whip out a boob now...LOL
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:28 am

Logan had his DA today -- just for a weight check..he's now up to 10lbs!! so we can cut back on the supplementing and he doesn't have to go until he's 2 months .. YEAH!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:07 pm

so kit went today for his two week check up he is 6lbs 10 oz making a gain of 1 lb .. I never knew i would be so happy over one pound. Everything else looks good with him and next visit will be shot time.
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum