Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Doctor's Appointments

+7
RobbieandLexisMommy
sanderson0705
PolloLoco75
tweetie462
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

September Doctor's Appointments - Page 2 Empty Re: September Doctor's Appointments

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Amy - Have you talked to your doctor about moving the baby? There is a procedure where they kinda smoosh and move your tummy around if your baby is breech to get him into a head down position. I'm not saying its going to be pleasant, but if you dont' want a c-section, you should talk to your doctor about it! Also, my doc told me that if you swim, it helps get the baby to move around because that way he's weightless. I dunno, I'd give it a shot just so i wouldn't have a c-section! I'm a puss when it comes to that stuff.

AFM - Had my doctor's appointment today. We heard the baby's heartbeat and it was all kinds of normal, like always ^_^. She did the strep B test, which I thought would be worse, but totally was not bad at all! Then she checked my cervix, and said I was 1 CM dilated and completely thinned out! That excited me cuz that means I'm almost there (thank god!) woohoo! I asked her about my headaches and she wanted to get some blood and my BP (which hadn't been done at the beginning like it usually is). Got my BP and it was fine, AS ALWAYS lol and the blood didn't take long. But then I was told to provide her with a 24 hour urine sample.. BLEH! So now I have to pee in this jug for 24 hours just so she can know for sure if I'm spilling protein (which I'm pretty sure I'm not but whatever). I'm really excited and I'm glad I was a centimeter dilated, cuz I would be really sad if I was all closed up. I'm just glad everything is going so good with my fist baby, so maybe it won't be as scary as I thought and maybe I won't have to have a c-section! She said next week she'll start looking at schedules to see if she can induce me at 39 weeks (if I don't go into labor b4 then) since my cervix is pretty ready. I told her that if she induces me that I wanted IV drugs 1st instead of an epidural and she liked that idea. So.. anyways, all is good and baby is doing fine. So... now I go every week for an appt and will update everyone on that as it happens.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

September Doctor's Appointments - Page 2 Empty Re: September Doctor's Appointments

Post by Kim Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Amy- I responded to you on the other site...but manual manipulation hurts like a bitch!!! To me the pain of the c-section is less, but I think they should recheck closer to your decision date, before you really decide....I am nervous I go for my growth scan tomorrow...according to BBC she should be between 5 1/4, 35 weeks and 6 pounds at 36 weeks...I will be happy for under 7lbs...I think.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:35 am

Amy,
My baby moves when DH talks to him, I’ve also heard of recording your voice and then playing it down by your belly and the baby moving itself.. I don’t know how accurate they are but my doc said she’s seen babies movie out of breach right up until so.. maybe there’s hope?
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:01 am

Just figured I would drop in and tell about the US they did yesterday.

Well it is definitely a boy I had her recheck just in case...no sense in getting boy clothes out then being surprised about it when labor day comes. And she said he looks really healthy They Approx estimate of his weight after she took measurements of different things is that he is weighing 6 lb 13 oz and she said he is going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng baby. I guess his tailbone stretches all the way up underneath my ribs( she was checking his spine and stuff at that time.) The due date they have on file is Oct 13 but she said if going according to baby's measurements the due date would come out to be Sept 25(he is measuring the same as a 37w5day baby) So I am expecting that he is gonna be at least 9lbs or so prolly a little over that. I have my reg dr appt this afternoon to check for dialation and strep b so I 'll try and get back on here later and update about that as well. As far as contractions boy oh boy last night I had bad ones for like 3-4 hours and my lower back was hurting thought for sure it could have been real thing labor but thankfully they went away.Although my back does still hurt a bit.
Oh and the technician that did US didnt get very good pictures like the other lady did last time but she did end up getting a picture of his foot and the poor lil guy is gonna have big ol feet like me because his foot is huge. Will maybe try uploading them to photobucket maybe I can get a recent picture of me also since it has been quite awhile since I posted a belly pic.

Alright till later
Joy
friendofjesus4life@yahoo.com

Ps forgot to put that the U/S lady said that he is in a head down position too...wooohooo!

EDD   Jeremiah Isaac 10-7-08(or 10-14-08) But am sure I will be induced before then as my fundal height has been consistently 6 weeks ahead since they began measuring it
DH Matt  (Married 6-29-02)
Other Children: DS Elijah 6-12-03 DD Faith 11-8-05

pregnancy
[/i]

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:33 am

We really do have some big babies in our group. I had my biophysical us and growth scan today...she has been a pain in the butt regarding the NST and bio's for movement lately...but not really sure how they expect her to move to much there is seriously no room...but I was very very pleased with my growth scan...estimating her to be 6lbs 7oz at just shy of 36 weeks, so that should mean about 8lbs for the c-section date!!!! I am just so freaking excited, I have been doing so good with my diet and my blood sugar numbers and hearing news like this makes me so proud of myself for being so good.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:18 pm

Kim - Congrats on a great DA! You have done really well with your sugars and keeping that baby a good size. That is awesome. Happy dances all around!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:41 am

Had my NST and DA this morning -- everything went well - only 9 more days to go!! yeah!! only one more ultrasound and one more NST and DA until delivery day!! i am SOOOO ready for this to happen!! On Friday, they said he was still breech, but the dr today thought he might be head down again -- not that it matters to much since I'm already scheduled to have a c/s and I don't anticpiate going into labor before than....otherwise, not much else happening -- been having some contractions but nothing that makes me call the dr about...the come and they go with no regularity
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:11 pm

Had my DA at 1:30 today, and it went very well. Came back Neg for Strep B! I got carpel tunnel syndrome day before yesterday and am now wearing a brace for it and all that (which sucks). But Doc said it should go away after the baby is born due to the fluid retention and such. She said she wouldn't check my cervix b/c I had told my nurse that i had a tiny bit of bloody discharge after DTD a couple nights ago. She said she was going to give me a break b/c it would cause a contraction and be very uncomfortable (like I didnt know). But, I told her I actually would really appreciate it if she checked me because I was really interested in knowing. so she did, happily. and I am now 2cm dilated and still fully effaced! I'm very excited and glad I am progressing quickly, or as quickly as I can figure someone can progress when they are 3 weeks shy of delivering. She said next week she'd check me again and look into an induction date if I was still progressing! I'm really excited, but still totally freaking out! She said I was way constipated and should really take some milk of magnesia to clear my system because it could cause severe hemorrhoids during active labor. So, I'm taking her advice and taking some. hopefully I will be 3cm next week and we can have little Joseph on the 29th, 30th, or the 1st! Keep your fingers crossed girls! I'm so excited!!!! >.<
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:02 pm

OooOOooO.. everyone is getting so close!

I had my Growth U/S today at 1:30 as well. It went well, placenta has moved up, baby is head down and still a boy. It looked like the head and belly measurements were about 38w3d. The legs and arms were slightly less. We could see cubby cheeks and hair, although it wasn't that clear because it wasn't 3D. The tech said he is about 7lbs 3 oz +/- 1 lb.

I won't know anything about my strep B or dialtation until Friday. I'll try to put some of u/s pics up in a little bit.. if you can even tell what they are.. Surprised)
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Congratulations ladies!!! Good doctors Appointments all around!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by eve2008 Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:58 pm

my app have changed to mondays. i had one today and everything is good. measuring 1 1/2 cm and cervix is "soft" (what ever that means)
next app
9/22
9/29
10/05
well see how far i make it.
eve2008
eve2008

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:46 am

lol EVE, I think that means its going to thin out soon. It's only a guess, but meh ^_~. Congrats on all of our good DAs this week! Keep up the progress girls!!!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:25 am

[/i]Well I went to my reg weekly dr appt yesterday. I was able to see my dr this time instead of the nurse. He weighed me and I am up to 254 1/2 lbs so almost a 15lb gain.. said that was right on track and good said that my group b came back negative woohooo! I thought he was going to check me again for dilation and such but he didn't. Said that he will have me come back next wed and will check then and also at that appt we will sit down and discuss an induction at that time because he really doesnt want me going to 38 or 39 weeks because baby is already measuring big. So looks like I may not even make it till Oct but we shall see what the dates are that he has in mind. So I am a bit excited that although inductions make contractions really really suck I will be able to plan for it and not have to worry about going into labor middle of the night or something and putting more stress on my little ones here at home. With all that said He did mention that I still could go into labor on my own before then affraid But hopefully I don't. I have been having alot of BH and also yesterday quite a bit of cramping down low and occasionally when baby moves or whatever he does I get a sharp stabbing pain down there so I am not sure how labor begins on its own since I have only been induced but I could go on my own maybe. Oh and another thing my blood pressure was a bit higher than normal but I guess still normal it was 138/72 and my fundal height is steady at 41 cm it didnt grow since last visit so dr thinks baby may have dropped down.

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Do de do de do.. I should be working, but I'm just counting the minutes until I can leave for my appointment. I'm hoping for some miracle amount of dialiation but not expecting it. Do de do de do....
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:20 pm

wow my lo is active today its like i have toes sticking out of every inch of my skin.. he's been at it since last night, guess that means he's not resting up for his big entrance huh..

If i go into labor before they get the strep test back what happens? Because my doc said that the lab takes forever...
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:12 am

update no chance of that. Kit's not due now till Oct 15th.. Blah i was all stoked to pop any day now!
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

September Doctor's Appointments - Page 2 Empty My dr appt

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Update:
Went to my weekly appt today and once again my dr was out on a call at the hospital....darn it... I guess an emergency surgery needed him. I had to see the lovely nurse practitioner. So my vitals were good BP 120/80 weight 258lb (somehow that has been creeping up the past two weeks or so not sure if its due to me retaining water or what hoping it doesnt go up too much more) ummm fundal height is still steady at 41cm has been for past 3 visits. Then she did the exam and said I am 75% thinned out(effaced is exact term) and that I am dialated to 3cm but still high up. I have been feeling like crud lately though my back is always killin me and get hot flashes every so often. Can't sleep very well pelvis hurts when I walk and when I was putting my pants back on after the visit the nurse aide knocked on the door asking me if I was alright. She said she wondered why I was taking so long to come out and I explained that I was putting my pants on seemed like a aerobic workout just doing that though.
I asked the nurse about how my dr mentioned discussing induction dates today and if she knew anything about it and she said he had it wrote down in my chart but that she couldn't really say too much and that I would just have to come back in a week for another appt to talk that over with him. So I have another appt on Oct 2. I was kinda bummed a little bit because I was excited that pains for the most part would come to end and baby would be out by this weekend but I guess other plans were in store. But my MIL doesn't think I will make it to next appt she thinks I could go in labor before then even as early as this Friday the 26th. But only time will tell huh? would be great if I had baby on the weekend then my son wouldn't have to miss school.

Anyone else ever heard of someone being dilated to 3 for quite some time and have to be induced?

Joy
friendofjesus4life@yahoo.com
[b]

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:10 pm

I just tried to look in my book from when I had DD. It doesn't say the exact day but from what I can tell it looks like when I was checked and at 3cm I went into labor 2 days later. It seems like I wrote it on the 3rd and I went into labor the night of the 5th and had her on the 6th. Maybe you will go by the weekend. Smile
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:52 am

Had my drs appt yesterday. She already bumped me up to 2 week appts, it seems early to me this time around. Everything is looking good and I told her I needed to turn in my FMLA paper work (our local HR was canned and we have to deal with one out of state now) and she said to plan on my 39th week. Sad This kinda ticked me off because if we literally go to the 39th week, it is the day after my daughter's 10th bday. I asked her if we would be able to go to 38 weeks, and she said point blank that she would rather risk me going into labor than having a premie. Does that sound right? This will be my 4th csect, the last 2 were done between 37.4 and 38 weeks to avoid going into labor.
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:18 am

That is how this one is for me...my first was at 38 weeks...this one is scheduled for 39 and she wouldn't budge, I am actually petrified of going into labor before hand and things turning into an urgent emergency situation but she says even if I do go into labor there is plenty of time...I will let you know how I feel about that if I go into labor before Thursday.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:23 pm

lol, I wanted to tell her she was on crack because I am 100% sure of my dates, and honestly I have already been told that this LO thinks "she is coming regular". Isn't 38wks considered term? Im going to be a nervous wreck lol
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:20 pm

I had my 38 week Doctor Appt today, got checked and am not even a want to be cm dialated (expected that) but she said the baby's head is down VERY low and she was suprised I am not dialated at all. whatever that means. she asked me if I think I will make it to my c-section (2 weeks from today) I was like my body never wants to let go of babies so I am sure if you didn't do anything he would never come out...lol My doctor said I could try walking and sex to help me dialate but since I am ahving a C-section not interested in teh activity as it hurts and It doesn't make a difference for me...lol But upside only 1 more appt next monday, oh and I came back negative for group B she said she is sure the baby will be in the 8 pound something range but doesn't think he will be 9 1/2 like my son was however I am having the C-section a week early so he probably would be if we waited. Ug is it just me or these last few weeks D...R...A...G...G...I...N...G on...lol
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:35 pm

yes.. dragging... it's painful..LOL

I keep praying for labor before my c-section date.. but by now I'm pretty sure as of Wed. the 8th I'll still be sitting at my stupid desk instead of at home with my LO. Sad
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:34 pm

we have the same due date now of the 15th..

It was a killer at my DA today one of the girls who was there a few weeks back brought in her little two week old baby girl.. sooooo cute i just want mine so bad right now! lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:28 pm

[i]Yay!!! HaPPY to announce that after trying to get ahold of my dr all friday then they ended up giving him the wrong number so when he called back he called wrong person at wrong number(cuz I didn't get the message) , well anyways getting off subject a bit. I called him early this morning and talked to him and was able to schedule my induction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooohoooooooooo It is scheduled for Oct 6th. I'll find out more from him when I go to my appt on Oct 2nd. So if my body continues to be stubborn and not go in labor on my own for sure I'll have my lil Jeremiah on monday.. I am so excited. I was really hoping to go into labor on my own and experience all of that but maybe its best that I can plan on the date instead of not knowing when it will happen. If I am figuring right on that date he will be about 8 lbs 8 oz,If the last U/S on 9/9/08 was correct at estimating he was 6lb 13oz then. Will check back after my appt and post anything new I find out. I do read both boards almost daily even though I only post once in awhile.

Joy
bounce Very Happy
hehe had a typo had to fix it

Last edited by joyhurt83 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next