Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brag on your Baby!

+9
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
Chaycethedogs
jessijennings
tweetie462
mythreesons
rocknrollmommy616
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brag on your Baby! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brag on your Baby!

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Well, I have a new brag! When we put Joey in his playmat(or any flat surface actually), he starts to roll to one side. He hasn't perfected it to a full on roll over(he is too busy chewing on those hands to use them to push on to his tummy), but i think he may be getting there soon!

Hope to hear some new brags soon! ^_~
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:37 am

Jeremiah is attempting the roll too Bekah but alike with Joey he loves his fists too much to stop chewing long enough to finish the roll over....he does try and use his leg to push off the floor but like I said with a fist in mouth and arm in the way its a no go so far...shoot he loves chewing his fist he'd rather do that when having tummy time than to raise his head and look around....well ok sometimes his lifts his head up but mostly just fist chewing...glad its not thumb sucking though...I am sure Joey will accomplish the roll over first though as he is older...

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:15 pm

The new thing I love is Nate REALLY wants to talk. So he babbles all the time well he found out he could make his voice go pretty high and it makes him laugh. We will be talking to each other and we will go back and forth making our voices go high and then all of a sudden he will laugh and almost curl up he finds it so funny. I love it. He really knows how to make me smile. Very Happy
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Brenden has also found his "voice"! It's so cute! He just goes on and on cooing and babbling! Sometimes it turns to a high pitched scream and he startles himself....then looks around like "what was that?" LOL He has also decided that he prefers to sit up on the couch like everyone else and watch tv. It's hilarious! I sit him in the corner so he doesn't fall over and he'll watch and entire 30 minute episode of Star Wars The Clone Wars with Dawson!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:13 pm

OMGosh...Aubrey LOVES to talk (as we call it). My whole family is cracking up saying it won't be long and we'll be saying 'ok Aubrey, take a breath'...lol! She has startled herself too, which I think is hilarious.
She smiles so big and she's so happy but she has only laughed outloud once so far and I can't wait to hear it again it was SO adorable!
She also loves her jungle mat and has started to grab only the parrot I think b/c he has crunchy wings. I just love to see her making any kind of progress.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Joey gets to talking and he'll make "buh" sounds and "muh" sounds. One day he was so upset from being in his bouncy seat(wanted to be held), that he said. MAH! I was like, "whoa there buddy, you're halfway to saying mama!" ^_^ I know... my brags always seem to be further along. Its just cuz Joey is quite a few weeks older than some of our babies. The big booger.. got borned in september instead of october!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:09 pm

I'm with ya' on the September thing Bekah! Brenden was born 9-24 and it seems so long ago but also like yesterday!

We had a guy from Window World come out this evening to price out new windows for our house and we all got to talking and about 6:30 Brenden started getting really fussy and we were like "what? we just fed him!" and I was actually holding him nearly the entire appointment. So after the guy leaves I get dinner ready quick (taco salads) and pour Brenden some green beans into a bowl and we all set down to eat. As soon as that kid hit his bouncy (we were eating in front of the tv) he shut right up and starting kicking and waving....excited like! So I gave him a spoonful and he started coo'ing! OMG! He already knows when dinner is late! We normally eat at 6pm. LOL
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:08 am

that's too cute Michelle....

I spoon fed Jeremiah some rice cereal at dinnertime because he was fussing...DH thought I was crazy because he had just been given a bottle maybe 30 min to an hour beforehand and him only being 3 months old it was too early but it seems like everytime he smells our food he fusses like he wants something..so I tried and he ate it everytime I would get the spoon up by his mouth he would open wide fully knowing it was there...and I told hubby a few timers to look and watch that he was eating it not spitting it out and was no longer fussy.....You think this being our third child I would know the signs that they are wanting "real"(other than a bottle) food but dh thought I was crazy for even attempting to feed him cereal with a spoon.....hah I showed him....

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:03 pm

I spoon fed Aubrey some rice cereal and even added a little prune juice...I took that from Michelle...b/c everything constipates her.
She did GREAT from the spoon, other than I wasn't fast enuf, BUT it still constipated her so I'm just going back to formula until next month like the Dr suggested.
She just eats so little that I was trying something but I'm going to go to the next level of nipple and see if that doesn't help her increase her intake.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Ok so Lucas is growing up WAY TO FAST!!!! He too is a September baby(9/26/08).I put him on his belly in his crib to play with some toys and I went in a minute later because he shrieked.Little stinker was on his back smiling and laughing at me! So I started crying Laughing .I'm such a dork but he's probably my last baby and it made me a little bit sad that he's rolling already.I put him back on his belly and he shrieked again and promptly rolled over again then looked at me like"Look Ma at what I can do!".This time I laughed at him...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Diana - that just stinks about the rice cereal constipating her so bad! When I give Brenden cereal like that I also have a 2oz bottle standing by with 1/2 water and 1/2 prune juice to wash the cereal down and help with a nice big poo later on. Rice is so freakin' constipating! Sorry the cereal didn't work for you! :-(
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Hmmm...I'll have to tell DH about that...we're such ametuers for being so old. DH was young when his daughter was born and he can't remember what he and his ex did.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Diana- Did you mean that everything constipates her or just from the Cereal feeding? I know Dark Karo Syrup is what my grandma,my mom and myself use to get the baby's poo a movin and it works quite well. And its easily mixed in with formula. Just a suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Joy - I've heard about the dark karo quite a bit but don't really know exactly what to do. Do you give it daily or just when constipated? How much do you put in the bottle and how many bottles do you put it in? The prune juice works really well but only if you give it them regularly. Atleast that is the case with Brenden.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 am

Michelle- I normally just give it as needed with my kids. You use about 2 tbsp in their bottle of formula or if you use cereal in a bottle you could add it to that as well. That's how my mom told me to do it. My kids never had ongoing poop issues but I am sure if needed you could add it every other bottle or so to keep baby regular its something with the molasses I think that gets things moving....I am sure once all our LO's get going on more veggies and stuff our poop issues will be a thing of the past.. I know one of the ladies on here found a website that talked about using Karo Syrup to keep baby bowels moving.... Lemme go through the old threads to find it....grr I couldn't find it ...maybe someone will see this post and remember the link I am talking about lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:38 am

Joy, the cereal constipates her but I think poor lil girl just has poo issues. We tried to go to generic formula and it constipated her...I'm looking forward to her getting some veggies.

We tried the prune juice in the cereal thinking it would be better for her than Karo b/c it's natural but she still clogged up.
My doctor actually suggested Karo for constipation. I used Karo one time yesterday in a bottle and things started moving a little so I used it again last night.
My dr suggested a teaspoon every 4 oz every other bottle while necessary.

We decided to just hold off til next month on the solids. Yesterday I did change her nipples to a level 3 and twice she took right under 4 oz she's usually closer to 3 sometime even a little less. Hopefully this will help her increase.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 am

A brag....Logan has discovered peek-a-boo! DH and the kids were playing with him last night and they were playing peek-a-boo and Logan was just smiling and laughing! It was great!! Too bad the camera was downstairs and we were upstairs.......
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Elise-Aww thats soo cute!

Lucas rolled over for the first time yesterday!I posted yesterday about it.Broke my heart that he's growing up so fast...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:11 pm

Elise, i bet that is so sweet....i can't wait for laughs to come with her smiles.

Shannon, i read on the other thread about Lucas, that's so exciting but it does seem to all go so fast.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:59 am

For some reason I never noticed this thread! It's a great idea.
So I have a brag:

At Madison's 2 month appt. (She turned 3 months on Jan 1st) the doctor told me she was developmentally at 4 months old, he had done the checklist for a 4 month old during the appt. She was holding her head up really well, had been rolling over from her tummy since she was 2 months, 4 days, was cooing and smiling a lot and had just started to play with her hands.
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Kristen(sp?) - that is soooo great! For a while, joey was ahead of the game. now he's just where he needs to be. I am so proud of Madison! WTG Maddie! ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks Bekah! It's funny because she's always been very strong and alert. I was pretty proud of her too! Being just where they need to be is great too! By the way, I love your family pic!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm not sure when they are supposed to do what...but Aubrey is great with her head. It gets heavy for her sometimes but she holds it up so well. I'm going to pick up the Bumbo from my SIL on Sunday she seems to want to be upright more.
She also has played with her hands for weeks and she's totally mesmerized by mine and DH's hands. Yesterday I was snapping to music and she loved it.

Kristen, I can't believe Madison has been rolling over all this time...that is so awesome. I bet it was funny to watch her being so little rolling over.

Bekah, your pic is so good!!

Like I said, I'm not sure when things are suppose to be happening. I just get excited no matter what she does!! LOL!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:21 pm

It's so exciting seeing all of our babies meet milestones...

I have an older child brag...I was trying to get some cleaning done and it seemed like within 5 minutes of putting Lucas down, he'd cry...So I let him cry a few minutes while I was finishing what I was doing and he started escalating his crying.So I hurried that much faster too...Then all of a sudden he stopped and I poked my head around the corner to see what was going on.DS#2 was singing to him.He was singing the ABC's(only song he remembers the words to)and Lucas was soo happy.It brought tears to my eyes it was so sweet...It's times like that, it makes everything worthwhile... Smile
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Diana- I'm not sure when everything is supposed to happen either. I was surprised when the dr. said she was that far ahead! That is great she is holding her head up so well. Isn't it funny watching her play with her hands or be so amused with someone else's hand!

Shannon- How sweet! Your story brought a smile to my face!!

Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next