Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOVEMBER ALREADY!

+11
Kristen
Tscadden
tweetie462
Mari7779
Chaycethedogs
mythreesons
RobbieandLexisMommy
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
Kim
PolloLoco75
15 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

NOVEMBER ALREADY! - Page 3 Empty Re: NOVEMBER ALREADY!

Post by Kim Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:10 pm

ummm...where the heck do you guys get this energy from...I seriously only have the energy to do the basics.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:12 pm

Hahaha running on fumes! Seriously I am shaking from no energy and all the cold meds for my sinus/chest/ear infection. Let's hope I don't get worse!

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:50 pm

I feel asleep burping Kit after a feeding and DH woke me up at six am with the baby on my shoulder by trying to take him and telling me to go to bed.. about 20 min later he comes in and goes ummh.. feed him? and there is this little curled up red faced sobbing baby in his arms so i feed him .. somehow feeding changing and such took till eight managed to get in the shower only to be cried at fed him some more and got out the door to a dr appointment around nine twenty.. i was only five min late and the dr was like i know its hard with kids you just have to start a littler earlier then usual?

like when should I have started last night?
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:57 pm

Jessi- As if doctors are ever on time!!! I can't rememenr the last time i went to a doctor and got in on time and out on time. no they leave you sitting in the waitting room until who knows when and then put you in the room for another 20-30 minutes and then some in and are gone in 30 seconds anyways...lol sorry it was a frustrating day girl!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Ok so I think I have found what works for Nate's gas! Its so exciting. Dr Brown's bottles. I have had them since before he was born but for some reason DH didnt want to use them. He thought you needed permission from your Dr. to use them. Whatever! Those mixed with the soy formula and this little one is feeling better. he has had some of what we are calling play-dough poops where they are so thick. I am thinking that is part of the problem too. A little constipation and gas on top of it. I think there maybe relief in sight. Our next move was meeting with the Dr on Monday for his weigh in and talking more remedies. Here is keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to work. All I know is he is sleeping today. He hasnt slept during the day for the past week. He has just been awake and fussy and crying cuz his belly hurts.

Cleaning the house? What is that? I do laundry and dishes and dinner everyday. I also pick up a bit. Other than that... I am useless. I am glad we have the cleaning lady come. If we didnt we would be living under a blanket of dust and dog hair. I am so not able to really clean. Like Kim - I am only able to handle the basics. Though I do occasionally get the bug and I have to completely reorganize everything.

Jessi - When I was bf-ing I was unable to stay awake during it. I would immediately pass out and so would the baby. It was so weird. Something about endorphins being released. I hear you on starting early. I cant be anywhere before 11:00 AM. No matter what I do. I have Nate starting at around 6AM and he is up until around 7:30 then I can take a shower and try to get ready - Then he will be up around 10-10:30 wanting to eat - before 11 is really hard.

Time is really flying. It is so hard to believe Nate is 4 weeks old. A whole month! I only have 8 more weeks off of work. It seems like nothing. I also cant believe Christmas is next month. This time thing is really playing tricks on me. I dont even know what day of the week it is most of the time. My birthday is next week and I had to be told that by several family members. I had no idea! LOL. I am out of touch I tell you what. Anywho I guess that is enough of me rambling. I have to go and change out the laundry before Nate wakes up. It should be anytime now.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Jessi - No kidding on the starting last night! It takes forever to get anywhere. I had fasting labs last week and didn't get there until close to 10:30...I was about to pass out before I even walked in the door. It's not good to take your high blood pressure meds 3 hours late! I can tell from my first child....the older they get and the more of a routine you develop it will get easier...but it sucks until then! Even a lunch date with a friend is an all day adventure!

Housecleaning??? It seems like all I do all day is pick stuff up. There is never any actual cleaning involved! I do make sure the kitchen is clean and the 2 bathrooms we use are clean but that's it. I need to take Amy's idea and find a house cleaner at least once a week to dust and do floors. You nester's have it going on!!! Keep it up ;-)

Amy - I never thought about switching bottles. We are using the playtex vent-air. They are crap. The bottoms come off which not only gives you two more pieces to wash but sometimes they freakin' leak. We have quite a bit of $$$ invested in them...Dr. Brown's huh? What were you using before??

AFM- Today is the best day we've had 2 date. Little dude pooped while he was asleep and it didn't even phase him. I was so shocked when I opened the diaper and the little green package was smeared everywhere. Wish us luck for 2night!!! Ya'll have a fabulous weekend!!!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:40 pm

As for the cleaning, my DH works literally 80+hours a week between his 2 jobs and if I don't do it he will.I don't want him to have to do more when he gets home...I'm used to doing 80 things at a time just sometimes they don't always happen right...I'm exausted right now and I know I really should rest when ODS is in school and Lucas is sleeping, but I can't rest when the dishes are piled high...KWIM?Besides he doesnt sleep longer than 15-2o minutes at a time unless I hold him....

Jessi-5 minutes is pretty great for a new mom with a newborn, besides when are doctors ever on time?I always keep a small diaper bag packed and refill it as I use supplies and that helps.I was like 30 minutes or more late for everything with my first and then trying to figure out how to go places wsith 2 kids, forget it, I opted to stay home unless absolutely necessary...I'm used to rushing out the door so its now to bad now...It'll all become routine for you in no time...At least you dont have to remember to bring formula Very Happy

AFM- am exausted...typing one handed with Luc on my chest because he is finally asleep.He was up ALL day except when I picked up my oldest from school...Today it was so hard not to open a can of formula and give him a bottle(sample cans I got in the mail) when he wanted to just eat all day...I know he's definetly eating well because he's peeing and pooping well so maybe its a growth spurt...ok well off to get some zzzz's-I hope...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:38 pm

How was everyone's night?

Lexi was soo restless..fighting her swaddle and inching down and down trying to suffocate herself driving me crazy. Then I couldn't sleep after she pooped and I changed her because my mind was racinggg with DH still having no job, me having to go back to work in a few weeks, and that I still can't breathe because of this cold.

She is still restless today. We are making the switch to Nutramigen for now..wish us luck.

I am contemplating taking my toddler and her up to this new Tot Place play center...either I am crazy or really need to get out. lol.

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:18 pm

Amy - those were the kind of poops Joseph was having! He had the same problem the other day, not being able to sleep at all during the day and then once we used the suppository on him, he pooped quite a bit, fell asleep (thru a feeding I might add) and didn't wake up for another 3 or 4 hours. He was so tired! I just got him back to normal baby poops and am still wondering if it will stay that way. he passes gas good, but doesn't burp enough when we burp him (he cries, so DF doesn't finish burping him and just goes back to feeding him!). But he's much better now.

Jessi - I agree with Eileen! Pediatricians are NEVER on time! It was probably just your luck that his day had been running on time like it had. No, Jessi, I think you were doing pretty good. the two or three times my LO latched, I fell asleep too. I used to fall asleep while I was pumping as well! I think you did pretty well. If the doctor is afraid you'll be late again, try making your appointment a tiny bit later? say 30 minutes? that will give you that extra time to do what you gotta do and get there early i guess. I always give myself ample time to go to the doctor. Although, you know, it's hard to keep your kid on a feeding schedule so that you don't have to feed them in the doctor's office! I think it may just be the luck of the draw, kid.

AFM - I have a wicked sinus infection. I can feel my sinuses on the left side of my face all inflamed and swollen. The pressure makes me want to kill myself. ugh, AND my throat hurts, I'm coughing, sneezing blah blah blah. I know its not anything like a cold really, because I get a sinus infection every year about this time. My sinuses are so sensitive! I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday(we're already busy on Monday as it is) to get it checked out Anyways... DF is being really sweet and taken off work early today to come home and help me. I feel so helpless when I'm sick! GRRRRRR Anyways, I hope you ladies are having a great weekend. To those of you with baby belly troubles, good luck and god speed! lol
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:39 pm

Michelle - We have tried several different kinds. I hate to say it but Nate's gas was the worst with the Playtex Vent-Air bottles. You could hear him gulping so much air when he ate. We also used the Avent bottles. They arent too bad. They are staying our back up bottles. We also used the playtex comfi bottles and the first years breast flow bottles too.

I hope everyone's weekend is a good one. I am a bit frazzled right now but hoping this glass of wine helps me out a bit. Family, dogs and babies - Oh MY!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:44 am

Amy - I was hoping you wouldn't say that!!! We have spent about $100 on those Playtex VentAir bottles! :-( I bought enough 6oz to last 24 hours and enough 8oz to last 24 hours!!! We are going to BRU today to exchange the wipe warmer....guess I'll be exchanging for new bottles! Glad Nate is doing better!

AFM - Last night was our best night yet but yesterday was HORRIBLE. Brenden was up nearly all day crying. When he was sleeping it was very restless and only about 20 min at a time. Last night he went down at 7:30 and up at 12:30 and 4:30....OMG I got like 7 hours of sleep! I feel so good today!! This morning Brenden was up when I woke up at 6am...he was just laying in the pack-n-play looking around. I took a deep breath and said "good morning monkey business" and he SMILED at me! So far it's been good today...keeping fingers crossed!

Have a good Sunday everyone! -Michelle
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:23 pm

I was in tears again last night. I just can't figure Lexi out. She is now refusing to eat/take the bottle for more than 1 1/2oz. She woke up happy this morning at 8, I gave her prevacid, then she slept on and off till 9. I tried to give her a bottle at 9 but she only would take a little - an ounce and a half. She did eat about 7 oz. overnight. She is sleeping for now. I am so worried.

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Havwe you called the doctor? If you are worried they are always the best to call adn talk to. You menitoned she has colic right? that si really tough. It si so hard seeing them so distraught and not to mention it freys your nerves and does a number on you emotionally. this may not help but when my little one does that with th eeating an ounce my doctor told me to wait until he is unconsoleable hungry and he will eat the whole bottle. I am so sorry you are ahving such a rough time.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:32 pm

I agree Eileen, I wait til my little person is kinda crying to feed him a bottle, because if I don't, not only does he not finish the bottle, but it takes him nearly an hour to eat the whole thing!

Last night Joseph went to bed around 11:30-ish and slept until 615 this morning! Never woke up once! I woke up around 3 or 4 and told DF to go check on the baby since he hadn't cried all night and I was freaking out, like maybe he choked or something. I don't know if any of you get that, but it scares the crap out of me when he sleeps so long! We've moved up to 5oz per feeding and dang is that hard to mix! You notice with formula, if you don't shake it up like super good for a long time, it gets little clumps at the bottom? For a week I was like, "Why do I have to soak these bottles after every feeding?" Turns out, if you don't shake the formula til those little balls at the bottom are gone, you get sticky formula. That's probly why Joseph hasn't been pooping very well! Okay, well gotta go, the little one is calling(crying)! have a good one girls!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:46 pm

Bekah- Yeah I freak out if I haven't heard Lucas stirring when he normally would be...At 2 weeks he slept through one night and I woke up at like 6am panicking, he was happily asleep tho...BRU also makes a formula mixer for maybe $5.DH and I bought one when we were formula feeding and it was pretty neat, also creates less foam for less spitting up(did that just sound like an infomercial?)...It was definetly worth what we paid for it...

Heather- Sorry Lexi is having such a tough time.Wish I could help you out.Hoping things get better soon for you!

AFM- So I think before I thought that AF came but now I'm thinking it didn't and that it's here now...Haven't been bleeding for about 3 weeks until yesterday...Had cramps for a few days and have been REALLY hormonal(almost preggo hormonal-scary!!!), breaking out like a teenager and just moody!Oh and I want to eat everything in sight!No will power last few days..DH made pork roast in an orange sauce stuffed with spinach(yum)and tonight I'm making manicotti and we had pigs in a blanket for lunch...Then I made sugar cookies and DH made banana bread...Ugh my stomach hurts thinking of all the food...So I go on Tuesday to my doc to find out about birth control, he's talking about the Mirena.Ok am off to fold laundry(YUCK!!!)

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:55 pm

well kit got to go to church today! first time and he went to walmart with me for the first time he did really well but he should be waking up any time now.. He was a little damp and smelled like he had wet though his diaper this morning so i kinda threw him in the shower with dh Razz nothing to wake you up faster then having an infant naked presented to you when your in the shower. lol

well off to feed change and cuddle the wee beasty Smile

happy Sunday all!
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:49 pm

Right on Jessi Congratulations on getting out and about and it going well!

I had a sunday from hell so far! I got no sleep last night thanks to hubby being up and down throwing up and being sick, and the baby waking up because of him, david my 2 yr old was just lovely today (that is sarcastic, I think he only told me "no!" every other word) and cecilia my 8 yr old was sassy as can be. I swear can they just sense when mommy is on edge? and would it kill them to just not take full advantage? Not to mention I am behind on my school work and having a very hard time with that and have my papers all due in the next few days. Ug. Went to church and we serve first service working with the 0-3 yr olds and it was a Stressful day. My little one Daniel started fussing and I fed him and he was still fussing He had some gas and was constipatred so I knew he wasn't going to stop fussing so I was like alright I give up I am going home after first service and not going to service. I was about in tears the first time I venture out with all three of them and I leave early! So I woke up hubby adn asked if I could buy myself some shirts (been needing them) so I got myself 4 shirts from penny's and that made me feel a little better...lol hubby and baby are asleep adn the other two kiddos are playing outside so I can't sleep yet but pretty soon I will be putting the 2 yr old down and the 8 yr old will have to at least go to her room because mommy needs a sanity break and some seriouse sleep. Ofcourse about that time the baby will wake up and be ready to play my luck today ug...lol but man today just bad day ohwell tomorrow will be better!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Eileen - sorry to hear you're having such a rough day. At least it's almost over so there's hope that tomorrow will be better!

AFM: Today is just not a good day....i think the baby blues are appearing...i've just been very blah and spent some time crying for no reason other than the tears kept flowing. i think i'm getting overwhelmed at trying to get the house together, let alone keep it cleaned, stay on top of the laundry and dealing with the day-to-day stuff of having 3 kids, getting little to no sleep and trying to find money to pay bills that keep coming. DH hasn't been giving his 90-day notice yet, but it could come at any day. In theory, he should be getting a finalized job offer from this place that he was negotiating with a couple of months ago, but until it's arrived and all parties have signed it and it's a done deal, there's always the chance of it not happening, him getting his 90-days notice and no job in sight. And even if he does get this new job, it means he's commute doubles until we move which will take almost a year if not more because we have to get stuff fixed up in the house to be able to put it on the market and then try to find a new house closer to the new job and then pack and move everything and settle into a new house etc.

In any case, time to get DD into the bath so we can bathe Logan too and then get at least the older 2 into bed so they're not too crabby in the morning....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:38 pm

Elise sounds like you and me are in similar situations. Similar meaning we have alot of stress going on and it is overwhelming us and getting to us. Not so sure it is baby blues verses life just being too much but either way i am tearing up right there with ya girl!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:22 am

omg, Joseph has just been crying almost all day! I tried everything to cheer him up! I always made sure he was fed and changed and he has just been crying like I left him alone in a dark room for hours! I was hoping that DF coming home would help, but he just keeps crying! What the heck? He isn't colicky and I don't think he has acid reflux. I have been feeding him 5oz every 3 hours, and i keep him pretty warm... I just don't know what's wrong?! I jsut had to vent... I'm so confused...
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:40 am

Hey Bekah - Sometimes these little guys just cry...and nothing we do seems to work. IMO if he had reflux you would have known by now. He is most likely just having a "day"....they all do and it is frustrating and heartbreaking. However, if he continues start looking back at the events of the hours before. Did he sleep well meaning long & restful? Has he pooped? Is the poop "normal" for him? Is his urine different than before? It's really just going down the line looking for the culprit...but sometimes there isn't any. Sometimes they are crying out of frustration or boredom or simply have worked it out before we have a chance to figure out what's up! Hang in there mama! :-)
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:44 am

Thanks Eileen...it's nice to know there are others going thru the same stuff! I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but 5 straight hours of sleep will do that to you!! Very Happy

Here's to everyone having a good (or at least tolerable) day!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:19 am

Eileen - I am so sorry you had a stressful day - I really hope today is better for you! *HUGS*

Elise - I am right there with you with the blues/stress...My DH not having a job as well. It is so scary and I am on the edge of a nervous breakdown - especially with Lexi not eating now. I will pray his job offer goes through and everything starts to turn around for you.

Bekah - Don't you wish we had magic crystal balls to tell us what to do? Its like we have to be psychic to know what our poor little babies need! The only thing that is getting me through is that I am trying to remember that for 9 months all Lexi had to do was float around in my tummy and kick me and now she is here and expected to eat, sleep, poop, play, grow...it must be stressful for a baby too! Sometimes I just run out of ideas..but I keep trying to find what soothes her. She always HAS to be moving - bouncy, rocking, swaying, being patted. If I put her down just to "play" she won't have it! I have NO IDEA what my daycare person is going to do because she is so demanding.

AFM - Lexi is still not eating much, and only woke up at 3 last night that is why I am actually up and typing. I am going to call the Dr. again today. She is still pooping and peeing, but only had 13 oz total yesterday and that was forced. I tried dreamfeeding too - didn't work. Going to try the concentrate formula because I think she hates the powder today. Then I have to make tons of phone calls to try to figure out how we are going to afford this formula - it is 10$ a day.

I REALLY hope everyone has a good day!~ *HUGE HUGS*

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 am

Daniel went down at midnight, then ate at 3 and then 4 and fussed until 5 so I am a bit tired got the kiddos ready for school will get to go back to bed soon. He ate an hour apart I was floored. Hubby is bugging me to put the rice cereal in the bottles like we did with the other 2 to reguilate them and let Daniel sleep longer at night. I was waitting until daniel was on a shcedule at night like always eating 1 time at night or 2 times or whatever but a set schedule like my other two were. Daniel is all over the place one night 4 hour stints, the next 3 then 2 then 3 then 4 it is all over the place. But last night nearly did me in I am sick and doing everything at night and stuff so it kicked my be-hind him fussing for 2 hours so gonna get some rice cereal today see if that works and if it doesn't I will cry...lol

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:19 am

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are having a good Monday. I am sorry to hear about those of you with LO problems. I hope Lexi starts eating and getting her reflux under control, Joseph stops crying, Logan and Daniel start sleeping and Brenden does a combo of the above. ;-).

AFM - We have a weight check DA today. Nate is also sounding snarky. Like he is really stuffy in his nose so I dont know what I can do about that. Those suction balls dont fit in his nostrils yet. He is also eating in strange patterns. Like he will eat 5 oz and then 3-4 hours later he will eat 1 oz then 3-4 hours later he will wake up STARVING and eat 6 oz only to sleep some more and wake up and eat 1/2 oz. Now if he is not hungry and is eating enough then thats ok but we are also wasting so much formula. I dont know how to determine how much he will want to eat at a sitting so we always make a 6 oz bottle because if we have to make more in the middle of a feeding he gets pretty fussy. Its just so wasteful.
I also have to go to the Doctor's today because I hurt my toe and have to have it looked at. Whee. It will be nice to be able to wear closed toed shoes. It is a bit chilly outside but my toe wont let me put on regular shoes. Its like I went from being pregnant with huge feet to not pregnant with a huge toe. I know shoes will be in my future somewhere.

I guess that is all for now. I hope you ladies have an ok Monday at least.

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum