Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Month Checkups and Shots

+3
rocknrollmommy616
tweetie462
mythreesons
7 posters

Go down

2 Month Checkups and Shots Empty 2 Month Checkups and Shots

Post by mythreesons Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Lucas is 22 1/2 inches and weighs in at a whopping 12lb7oz!!He had 3 shots and got a liquid shot(I guess that's how to describe it) to protect against rota virus...He's doing very well...I absolutely love his doctor..We are on the same page about everything so far...I just can't believe that he's 2 months old already...When we go back in 2 months he will get more shots...He actually did very well!He screamed for a minute and then did the whole, waa, life sucks, waa...kind of cry...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

2 Month Checkups and Shots Empty Re: 2 Month Checkups and Shots

Post by tweetie462 Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Logan goes tomorrow - hopefully he'll do just as well!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:17 pm

Good luck Logan and Elise!!!Can't wait to see how much he weighs now!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Jeremiah doesn't go until Dec 8 for 2 month and shots....am wondering how much he'll weigh then....I am thinking he may be getting ready to go up to 5-6 oz instead of just 4oz...because sometimes after eating 4 he still cries like his is hungry and does the tongue and mouth movements so I mix up another 2 oz and sometimes he drinks it all and other times just 1 oz of it....Amazing how much and oz or so can do....

Last edited by joyhurt83 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:06 am

Just got back from Logan's 2mo checkup - he weighs 12lbs and is 23in long. He got his 3 shots (not happily) but otherwise was happy for his checkup. He doesn't have to go back until he's 4 mo. Yeah!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Yeah Logan!!!Good job little man! Hey Elise I can't remember(surprise surprise)are you EBF or FF?
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:51 pm

both
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Joseph went to his new doc today to get shots and a checkup. I wasn't too happy with the doc b/c she kept kind of talking over us and would somewhat dismiss our comments a little bit. That's okay, we only went to her because she took basic medicaid until we get our AmeriGroup card. Anyways, he weighs a hefty 13lbs and is 23 inches long with a 16inch head circumference. They didn't tell me in what percentile he was in, but I looked it up on Baby Center, and he's pretty good. She said overall he's pretty healthy. He has a little bit of eczema, which she attributed to his pacifier(even though it wasn't just on his cheeks, it was way up on his forehead and eyes) and told us to get an outward facing pacifier(his is the traditional kind that has the plastic facing inward). We asked her about the constipation, and then she asked what kind of formula we were on. We are on Similac Isomil and she said Similac almost ALWAYS causes constipation. She said that Enfamil would be better, but since we'd need a prescription she said just keep up the pear juice and water regimen and if that didn't work, buy a ready-made bottle of the Similac or Enfamil and give that to him for one feeding a day. He started crying before he got his shots(and the liquid one), because she didn't try to heat up her stethoscope and her hands were cold and she was pokin around in his ears, nose, and mouth(not literally). So he was wailing before he got the shots (which actually was not as traumatic as I thought it would be). He cried a little more but I put him back in his clothes and held him close and he stopped. Then we put him in his carrier/car seat and he fell right asleep(thank god for that Tylenol b4 hand). He's home now and back asleep. He was awake for a bit, but now he's back to being passed out lol. poor little thing.

Hey you guys, let us know if your baby has a reaction to the shot. I kinda want to know what to expect.

Didn't get the Hib vaccine which apparently prevents epiglottis(swelling of the airways), a certain kind of pneumonia, and bacterial meningitis. I think this is kind of an important vaccine to be having a shortage for! >.< It's not supposed to be back on the market til like mid 09!!!! I hope my kid doesn't get anything psycho like that! Sad
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:05 pm

Well even though Dominic is two months on Thursday, I thought I could get an appointment for the 12th since I have to be off that day anyway. But they can't get him in until the 16th at 9:30. I'll be totally shocked if he's under 14lbs.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Landree just had her two month apt today!!! I thought she would be a little bigger than what she was, she weighs 10lbs 7oz...and that puts her in the 50% and she is 22 1/4in and also the 50%...basically the Dr. said she was sickingly perfect...LOL, nice head shape, nice face shape...we were laughing about the fact that she has extra hair in the back where most babies loose it but it thining on the top. The only thing we have to keep an eye on his her eye...it is always "wet" so there may be a tear duct issue beyond the common blocked duct. We will recheck at 4mo. And the ped said she is eating plenty and to let her eat when she wants, even if it is 6-8 hours apart.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Joey is the same way. He has that patch on his head on the back thats really long, but the top of his head is actually way short. We got the eczema under control. He has cradle cap on his head though... we thought we got rid of it. but now we're going to have to try to get rid of it again. shouldn't be so bad.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Kim - yeah for Landree! Glad she's doing okay.

Bekah - cradle cap never goes completely away!! i'm convinced of this!! my ODS (who will be 8 soon) still has bits of it!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Bekah- with all of that hair back there, I have a feeling she is going to have a baby mullett!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Elise-My middle ds still has a touch of it(cradle cap)
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Kim - me too! lol He's already got a little one! hahaha, but he's also got this halo of no hair that's in the middle of the back of his head and wraps all the way around to the front. You can't tell unless he's on his tummy, but it looks funny lol And we're trying to fix the flat-headed problem. How is Landree's Eczema? We got some cream for Joseph and its almost all gone! No more ugly spots on his face! Smile hooray!

elise - They say it helps if you use a baby brush when you shampoo their hair and work it in circles. It worked for the front of his head when he had it there, but now he's got it on top! We'll have to do it again. But it did work for some of it. Joey seems to react to medication and remedies really well. When he had the yeast infection we used corn starch and a cream the doctor prescribed for him and now his eczema cream and that is about cleared up. I'm so happy to have a low-maintenance baby. Well, compared to some at least.

how did shots go for everyone? Joey slept for the longest time after the shots, but now he's on a normal schedule again.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Jeremiah had his 2 month check up today. Dr said everything looks good,Got 3 pokes and the liquid vaccine for rotavirus too. Jeremiah didn't like the shots very much and cried a bit.....not too bad though what a trooper he was. He's been pretty much sleeping since 4pm woke up to eat a bit ago but only ate 2 oz. He weighs 12lbs 8 oz is 23 inches long and head circ is 16. The dr said he is in the 75th percentile. So he doesn't have to go back until Feb 2009.

[color=blue]About cradle cap-I used baby oil on Elijah's head when he had a touch of it and then used the baby comb or brush to gently brush over it... and the scaly patches came off...I am guessing the baby oil moisturizes and softens it so it can be removed[/color]

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Daniel went for his 2 month check up adn shots and did great! he cried for the shots but not for too long. he blead out of one spot where he got a shot but i guess that happens. he didn't run a fever but was definately fussier than normal. did't sleep through the night that night either. but he is 12 lbs 7oz and 23 inches long. growing boy! said he is 75th percentile for weight and 25 percentile for heigth so short adn stocky it is...lol he was a trooper though.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 pm

All of your 12 lb baby posts......my little dude was 16lbs at his 2 month check! I'm scared for his 4 month visit.....
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:48 pm

At 12 weeks Lucas weighed in at 14lbs1oz...only reason I know that is because of when we took him to the pediatrician last week before we went to the hospital...Didn't do a height check since it wasn't a regularly scheduled appointment...

Michelle-Don't feel bad.My Middle DS was that way.He was 20lbs by 6 months but then he stayed that weight for another year so he evened out.
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down