Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Already???

+9
eileen bauer
Kim
tweetie462
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
ladydy
PolloLoco75
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

January Already??? - Page 4 Empty Re: January Already???

Post by Kim Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Eileen- I know exactly what you mean...did it stay that way? I made the mistake of asking if it has been "Q" when I came in today...I think I set myself up to be screwed...especially with the snow storm coming this evening. I work until 11pm tonight and then have to be back in for 7am tomorrow. This is the only part I hate about my shift...we work a 4 day rotation and I do two 3-11pm and then two 7am to 3pm's....but that second into a first is a killer. (and of course as I was typing this the 911 phone rang)

needless to say I am at work...waiting for the snow to fall. My older DD is doing fabulous with potty training, I have to say I am just so impressed. She has been going pee all day and only needing a pull up for nap, although she has kept it dry, and for at night. She has yet to poop in the potty but I figure that will happen soon. (at least she waits to have a pull up on first, but I am worried her belly is going to start hurting) Landree is just wonderful...she is cooing and gagaing with huge smiles all the time...she is really just so laid back and easy going.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Thanks for the advice ladies....Aubrey does have her own 3hr mostly 4hr eating schedule but I'm not putting her down for naps and getting her ready for bed at any particular times. As for naps she pretty much just sleeps where she drops.
I found out yesterday that she has more of a schedule that I realized. We had alot of running to do so I woke her up from a mid-morning nap and off we went. We left at 11am and didn't get home til almost 9pm. She was overly tired and you could tell....I thought she would just drop but she was too exhausted and it took a little bit to get her settled for bed.

Kim, glad PT is going so well for McKenna.

Elise, I hope you get your bday dinner.

Bekah, We had to put Aubrey in her bed at 2months b/c she just wasn't sleeping well in the basinett. Fortunately she took to it very well. Maybe start by trying his naps in the bed. It would be hard to give up those long nights of sleep he's giving you. Try elevating one side of his bed too, either by putting something under one end of the mattress or one end of the legs.

AFM:(KNOCK ON WOOD) Aubrey has not had one screaming fit ever. I feel so fortunate that she never gets upset. At tummy time when she's done, she gets mad and will cry a little but as soon as I roll her over she's quiet.
I know this can't last forever so I'm cherishing every minute.

I hope all you Eastern ladies don't get hit too hard tonight/tomorrow.
Have a great weekend!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:01 pm

omg AMY - my mom says it gunna be in the teens the night of my friggin birthday party! ooohhh so cold! >.<

Thanks girls for all of the advice. I will try to start doing some thing differently. He has a little light show thing DH's parents gave him, but it needs C batteries, so we've kind of been putting it off to get new ones. *sigh* Then his little crib soother thing(like shannon's fisher price aquarium light up music deal), is going out too. UGH! The one thing i hate about baby toys... you use them so much... they wear out so quickly and it seems like you spend more money on the batteries to keep the crap running constantly than you did on the toy in the first place!!! >.< It makes me WAY happy that joey's swing(a hand me down), has a plug AND a battery thing... i don't know if we could buy enough batteries in the world to keep that thing going since joey is in it like ALL the time!

OK, gunna go. sorry about no personals... I've got some cleaning to do. You know how it is. lol peace deuce holla. lol bye yall!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Kim - I'm so jealous that McKenna is doing so well!! Just when I think Rayna (DD) is headed in the right direction, she stalls out. Not sure what is going on with her....

AFM: even though it already started snowing, we still went out for dinner tonight. i'm still stuffed! they're predicting 5-10 in by the time the storm is over tomorrow - i hope it ends earlier!! it's only jan and i'm already done with winter!! i just hope Logan doesn't outgrow the infant car seat before the end of winter....but i doubt i'll get that lucky!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Elise- Its snowing pretty good here already(upstate NY)...I went in to Wegmans and it wasn't snowing...Came out like 20minutes later and my car was completely covered.Stay warm momma!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:12 am

Elise- Glad that you got to go out...our weather turned to an ice slush layer in the middle of the night, so now the roads just totally suck... I am hoping because it is Sunday morning people just stay home. I too am done with this winter....one or two snow storms are nice, but now they are becoming weekly and they suck!!!! Did you see we are supposed to have an Artic Freeze later in the week...with high's in the single digits and the overnight lows in the negatives!!!! Sorry that Rayna is being so stubborn with the potty training...the only thing I can tell you is I have never seen a college student not potty trained...so she will get there eventually but I can imagine your frustration....she has a very beautiful name!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:18 am

Just wanted to post a quick - OMG!!

Logan slept the ENITRE night!!! He went to bed about 7:45/8:00pm and didn't peep until 6am!!! I woke up a 5am to pee and woke up DH because I couldn't believe that Logan hadn't stirred!! I know it was probably a fluke, but I'll take it!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:47 am

Kim - THAT IS CRAZY!!!! I can say, living in Houston, I definately miss the snow but not like what ya'll are getting! WOW! When it gets cold like that do ya'll usually lose power? Around here it would be gone with first snowflake.

Elise - That is so awesome!!! Send some zzzz's our way so Brenden will sleep like that! LOL

Shannon- How's the weather where you are?? I hope you aren't snowed in!

Bekah - How are your changes working?

AFM- last night was a good one! Brenden passed out at about 7:15 and didn't get up until 1am for a bottle of course. He ate it so fast DH woke me up to tell me how fast he ate it! Then he was up at 5am for a bottle and I put him in bed with us because it was FREEZING in here. He slept until 8am. We just finished watching Kung FU Panda and Brenden is asleep in his swing. He is in such a good mood. The lack of sleep and not enough Zantac was really getting to him! Dawson and I made homemade donuts this morning and I htought Brenden was gonna have a heart attack when he saw them...his eyes got so big! LOL I told him his applesauce/rice cereal mixture was donuts and he seemed content! LOL Does anyone else have a LO that watches tv? Brenden loves football and star wars the clone wars. He'll watch until he falls asleep or it's over. Well, DH has to work this afternoon so I'm going to get as much done around the house as possible before he leaves. Today is laundry, cooking, and putting my furniture back since he cleaned carpets yesterday. I hope ya'll have a great Sunday! -Michelle
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 am

Yay for sleep!!!! I am glad you got some rest Elise.

No...we usually don't loose power unless there is a lot of ice, because ice is heavy and brings down powerlines and trees. I can't believe how cold it is going to get next week...we haven't had cold like that here in a long time.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Kim- Hope you don't get too much bad weather!

MichelleL-We got about 8 inches last night...Luckily we have a snowblower this year so it's not been bad...I love snowstorms!DH thinks I'm crazy.Only problem is that I hate the cold.LOL...My kids like star wars the clone wars too...If I turn it on my 3 boys and DH are glues to the tv.Great thing to do if I want some "me"time!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:17 pm

yay! it's a big day for us today! We are going to get pictures taken of the whole family today. Me, DH, Joey, my sister, her two boys, my brother, and his wife! It should be fun and cute! I'll see if I can post them on here b4 my sister runs off with them. ^_~ ciao girls!!!

P.S. if i could get a hold of my friggin husband(working)!!!! UGH I told him to try to get off at 3! we'll never make it if the appointment is at 520. My sis told us to be there at 5... if we are gunna be there on time(thank god I've done my hair and make-up already), we have to leave at 4:30!!! AGH!!!!!!! He'll never get home in time to shower and change! I'm freaking out!!!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Kim - I don't know about you, but they're predicting single digits by the weekend here! And more snow on Tuesday and Thursday!! Enough already!!!

Michelle - I think we just literally wore him out. He didn't nap really well yesterday or today, so maybe that's the key?? I don't know! I'm not holding my breath that it'll happen again, but you know I'll be loving it if it does! Smile

AFM: We went to BRU today and got Logan a bouncy/rocker thing - he seemed to like it -- another place to put him since he's kinda against the pack-n-play for whatever reason!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:38 am

Jeremiah watches tv for short time periods nothing too long though and he gets bored with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:02 am

Elise- Yup...same here...Friday it is supposed to be 1...yes, one freaking degrees!!!! I am so sick of winter it isn't even funny.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Hey ladies,

We're suppose to have the artic freeze here in the Midwest also but not the precip...thank goodness.

Elise, that's awesome on the sleep, hopefully it will continue. I'll never get a full night sleep until Aubrey ups her food...she just eats so little but she's growing so the Dr doesn't seem concerned. BTW...I also love DD's name, very pretty.

Bekah, hopefully you can share your pics..that's such a great idea. Once Aubrey's a little bit bigger I'm hoping to get the twin nieces together with her for a picture....G'ma will love it!

AFM:We are going to go up a level on the bottle nipples to hopefully increase Aubrey's intake. I went to 4 stores yesterday looking for Dr Brown level 3.... all were out!! That was so annoying. I'm going to try Target today.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Elise - Congrats on the all night sleep! That is always wonderful when it happens. Its few and far between these days for us.

Michelle (Chayce)- Nate tries to watch TV sometimes. DH and I are trying to prevent it for the most part. DH read in a book we have that babies shouldnt watch TV until they are at least 2 years old. So, even though we watch tv we try to prevent Nate from watching if we can. Its not always easy. The other night I caught him watching DH play video games (Rock Band - nothing violent) and when I prevented him from seeing the TV he fussed and cried then if I stepped out of the way he was fine. So I had to take him to his room for some play time and we read books. Cuz DH had to finish his set! LOL! Other wise he wouldnt get a promotions girl to help his band out - WHATEVER!

Bekah - I hope you made it to your pictures on time and that they turned out great! I cant wait to see them. Hopfully getting there on time wasnt too stressful!

I hope all you ladies expecting snow storms arent getting hit too hard. I hear that you guys are ready for winter to be over... Here I am begging for it to stay around longer. I really need the comfort and hiding ability of sweaters right now! LOL! That and winter here fluxuates from in the teens to in the 80s. All in one week! Its so all over the place. We are going to have a cold snap so the high will be in the 40s here in a few days. Today we get up to the 60s so PLEASE let winter stay around in North Texas for a while longer. I dont want to wear short sleevees and flimsy garments yet!

AFM - Well I am back at work just plugging away. Today I am going to try and not go see Nate at lunch. I am the only mom that goes and they allow it for the first few days and then discourage you coming to visit. Just because it becomes hard on the kids to have mom there for a little while and then left with out her for the rest of the day. Its to prevent seperation anxiety. Which I understand I just wish I could have him around and do my job all at the same time. OH well...

Nate has his first case of the sniffles. He is SO congested and is unable to breathe very well and is having drainage that is making him choke/caugh. So we are going to try doing the saline treatments tonight. Hopefully those help. Luckilly there is no fever so its just congestion.

I guess that is about it for now. Take Care Ladies I will try and check in later.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Bekah- Yes Madison did have a diaper rash but it came near the end of her thrush. The dr. said it wasn't a yeast infection. I had to bring her back after the first ten days didn't clear the thrush up. As for the crib, Maddie was sleeping through the night in her bassinet. We moved her to the crib and she began waking up a lot at night. Now she is waking up for a bottle around 1 am, so I'm going to try a little solid food right before bed time along with her bottle with cereal in it. I think she's just growing, at least I hope that 's it!

Kim- We def. have to get together, I can't wait to see you and your los in person and have them meet Maddie!

Amy- I know it stinks not being able to be with your lo all day, I miss Maddie a lot. Then I get so busy and I realize it's almost time to go home. Madison was stuffy and the saline stuff worked for her I give it to her in the morning and right before bed. It took a few days though.

Well, no time to post more, I have to bring the kids to the bus, I had a quick 5 min. lull.

Have a great night!!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:35 pm

we got there successfully(not without a nice big ugly fight with DH), and took some REALLY cute pics for my mom and we also got one of us three(me, dh, and joey). Today I went to Social security administration and got my name changed , then got my driver's license changed to my new name(I am officially a Ward... awww so sad!!) Also, we have to get a temp. medicaid card for joey b/c his regular(i.d.) one didn't come in the mail for this month. Well i got up there and obviously it is PACKED with people and their misbehaving kids who cry and are loud(I know, someday that will be me, but it isn't now...) and they tell me that I am going to have to wait 2 hours for something that would probably take like 10 minutes! I was so angry I just left. I am going to get up REALLY early tomorrow(My b-day Sad ) about 7am and leave the house at 7:30am(they open at 8am) so i can get there SUPER early and not have to wait FOREVER for a tiny thing like this card. Also, I have to call this place and get the catalytic converter changed on my truck so we can keep it up to date now.... *sigh* such a busy couple of days! Sad
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Bekah, hopefully you'll get in and out of there so you can enjoy the rest of your bday....HAPPY 21st!!!! WOOHOO cheers
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Bekah- Happy(early)Birthday to you!Happy(early)Birthday to you! Happy(early)Birthday dear Bekah, Happy(early)Birthday to you!!! Be safe chica!!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:38 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEKAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:33 am

Hapy Birthday Bekah!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:40 am

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY BEKAH!!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:55 am

Happy 21st Bekah!! I hope you have a wonderful day!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 am

Happy Birthday Bekah!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum