Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep...or the lack there of

+5
mythreesons
Kim
PolloLoco75
tweetie462
MichelleL
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sleep...or the lack there of - Page 2 Empty Re: Sleep...or the lack there of

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:18 pm

today i changed joey into a really soft fleece footie pajama outfit and he fell asleep in the living room with me and i picked him up and put a pacifier in his mouth put him in his crib. He opened his eyes or a second, but went back to sleep. he slept in his crib(unswaddled) for about 30-45 minutes! YAY!!! ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:45 pm

yeah!! good start....hopefully he'll continue!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:05 pm

he's been having really quick naps, like 10 or 15 minutes today(but i wasn't here) in the crib. last night, he still slept in the swing, but unswaddled. THAT was horrible. He woke up every 2 or 3 hours and fussed for a second or two, then fell back asleep. But it was unnerving b/c DH and I thought he was really awake. He went down at 11:30pm(maybe 12), and woke up for a feeding at 6am and then took a morning nap til about 9. He is still in the swing at ngiht 4 now, til he gets used to sleeping in the crib. we are napping in the crib during the day. hopefully it will help.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Bekah - are you putting something in the crib to prop Joey's head up??? He might like sitting up a little even more than the motion of the swing....just a thought. Sounds like he is doing okay...it might take awhile but be consistant with him so he doesn't get confused and frustrated! I wish I had put Brenden in his crib from the git-go...you would think I would have learned the first time but I had forgotten how hard it is to transition them!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:36 pm

i actually had joey in the crib for a while, but then he got to a point where he wouldn't sleep anywhere but his swing and we were to tired to do this putting him in the crib(where he doesn't sleep for very long) during the night. It is pretty tough...
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm

I had my first night back in the crib last night too. I had let Dominic start sleeping with us when I went back to work because he was staying awake too long at night for feedings. So co-sleeping was just way easier because he wouldn't fully wake up, nurse and right back to sleep in like ten minutes. Well SO has really started to complain about the lack of affection in our relationship and though him sleeping in there is a huge problem. I was scared to start back the transition, because normally if I put him in there he wakes up within 10 of 15 minutes.. well last night we cuddled and I put him there, he woke up instantly and I prepared myself for the long night ahead. I gave him his pacifier and walked out.. and much to my surprise he went to sleep.. and slept from about 11 or 11:30 til 3am! I nursed him and same thing happend again.. woke up, pacifier.. sleep.. till 6am! Yay!! That's acutally less than he was waking up sleeping with us. He would sleep until like 3am, and then be up almost every hour trying to nurse. Well this way I actually slept much better since I could roll around. (We only have a Queen Size bed) and Tatzeanna stayed in her room as well.. I'm not going to count my blessings just yet. But it was nice.. although I REALLY missed him snuggling. When he got up at 6 SO was getting ready for work.. he ate and we went back to sleep in the bed..hehehe
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:48 pm

you are so lucky. because we swaddled joseph for so long, he has no idea how to self soothe, so we can't put him in his crib to sleep for more than 15 minutes. We have been putting him in his swing(in our room) unswaddled, but we keep waking up every 1-2 hours because he'll cry real loud, then go right back to sleep. then i have this sleep apnea problem and can't sleep too well. anyways, we were up alll night last night. :'(
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 pm

okay im so proud! i have to tell you guys this!

So we gave Joey a bath and watched a little TV(he really likes the TV, i can't get him to stop staring at it!), then he started getting fussy, so we put him down at 10:25pm in his crib(unswaddled but in very comfy fleece footy pajamas). He slept for about 35 minutes(11) and then he started crying. So i heated up a bottle and he passed out mid-bottle about 11:35pm and i put him in his crib(unswaddled again) with a pacifier in his mouth and i didn't hear a peep til 4am! I'm so proud! DH took him and fed him and said they slept in the living room together(i don't know why he wouldn't put him back in his crib and come back to bed!) from 5:30-ish to around 8:15am! I'm kinda peeved that DH didn't put him back in his crib, but he did need his sleep(DH did). but I'm so proud you guys!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:17 pm

That's so great Bekah! I hope it keeps getting better! You don't realize how important sleep is until you're lacking it Smile I know that was the case for me!!!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Bekah - YEAH!!! Just keep being consistent! great picture btw! You guys look like a very happy family! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Woohoo Joey!!!Good job little man for sleeping in your own bed!!!

Bekah-Love the pic of your family.You guys all look so happy together!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 am

Yay Bekah that is an awesome start.... WTG Joey for sleeping in your crib and givin your momma( and daddy) some much needed rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:31 pm

that is cool bekah and i love your pic you and hubby look so happy and joey looks so cute.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:37 pm

thanks you guys! I am going to frame it and keep it. we have some 4x6s that we're giving to his family out on the east coast, since they don't get to see us very often.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Ok....sleep is sparse around here again!!! All weekend Brenden has only cat napped during the day...no longer than 30minutes at a time. Granted he is taking about 6 naps but there is no way he is getting any real rest. Then at night...OMG....it's awful. He has been going to bed at his usual time with no problems but he'll be up again by 9 and I can just gently rock him to sleep on the side of my bed...takes 2 or 3 mins. Then up at 11 wanting a bottle. Then up at 1 or 2 wanting a bottle but wakes about 30mins-1 hour after laying down. So I gently rock him again. He might be up 2 or 3 more times before he wants a bottle at 5am. Then he's up at 6am. Dude is waking 7 or 8 times a night. DH and I have been taking turns for the most part but neither of us can function like this. Friday night I got so frustrated I just let him lay there and he cried for like 5 minutes...HARD then wimpered....the was completely silent. So I looked over the side of the pak-n-play and he started whaling again....then puked. What in the holy hell are we suppose to do? I don't know if CIO will help him...not only is he STUBBORN but his reflux is pretty bad. That is the second time I tried CIO and the second time he has puked. And it is a clothes changing, bed changing puke...not just spit up. hhhhhhhheeeellllllpppp!!!!!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum