Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's for dinner?

+7
ladydy
Kim
PolloLoco75
rocknrollmommy616
mythreesons
tweetie462
MichelleL
11 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

What's for dinner? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's for dinner?

Post by tweetie462 Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:30 am

I use Bisquick mix and just add in sliced bananas. I used to make the pancakes from scratch, but these days I'm all about the quickness - and it's just that much quicker with the mix! Depending on how thick or thin you want them, you might have to add extra milk (or water) to the batter or extra mix. It all depends on how you like them.

For dinner tonight:

Saturdays are either an eat out night because we're running errands or a whatever we have left over from the week or is in the freezer type dinner. Most times it ends up being Easy Mac for the kids or Ellio's pizza.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Sat.

Whole Oven roasted chicken...preheat oven to 350, rinse whole roaster chicken, but a tiny bit of water in bottom of roasting pan, add a little Mrs Dash (I like the garlick and herb flavor) and cover with foil (helps it cook a little faster and keeps it moist) I bake it for about an hour and a half covered and then brown it for the last half hour uncovered.

Mashed potatoes, peel, cube and boil...than I drain and mash adding some milk, butter and salt and pepper.

Stove top stuffing, corn from a can...and some bisquick cheddar and garlick biscuits, love them all you have to do is add water to make them.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Michelle - was it you who asked about hamburger helper? Yes, last night we had the 4 cheese lasagna, it was actually not so good. of course it could be b/c we are all sick so it tastes different. My favorite is the tomato basil and penne. FAVORITE! lol Wink
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Well tonight I have no idea what we are having for dinner. Its the fly by the seat of your pants night - which means we will probably get take out. I am thinking Pei Wei Chinese food. Its the healthy Chinese food.

Michelle - Did y'all like the pizza? Its a favorite in this house. Its so easy to be so yummy! What did Dawson think?
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:03 am

February 8, 2009

Since DH is having a test tomorrow I'm not making anything yummy today...he is on clear liquids. So Dawson and I will have spaghetti for dinner (DH hates spaghetti), DH will have jello and applejuice, and Brenden will have squash & green beans.

Spaghetti - my sauce is easy. Brown 1 lb hamburger with some garlic, diced onion, and salt & pepper. Stir on 1T margarine, 1 can diced tomatoes and 1 jar hunts four cheese spaghetti sauce....simmer about 30 minutes.

Bekah - Aw man! DH and I used to love the Four Cheese Lasagna!! I haven't made HH in ions!

Amy - Dawson LOVED that pizza! I made it with pepperoni and mushrooms and he said it was better than Papa Johns! Thanks for the great recipe! It's now a favorite in this house too! I can't believe how easy it was! :-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:15 am

I've been spoiled for the last couple nights and DH has done all the cooking.
Friday night we had BBQ pork steaks and grilled veggies (zuchinni, squash, mushrooms onions)
Sat night we had steak, baked potato and leftover grilled veggies.
Tonight we are invited to a fish fry
Tomorrow night I'm making homemade pizza. Martha White pizza crust and then pepperoni & bacon.

Michelle, I love making baked potato with OO & kosher salt and they are really good on the grill that way. It gives them a nice crunchy skin.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:27 pm

Diana - I've never thought about putting the BP on the grill....YUMMY! I knew this thread was a good idea.....we can pass our tips and meal ideas on to eachother!! :-) I'm sure Tuesday DH is gonna be ready for some meat and potatoes so I'll some ribeyes & baked potatoes on the grill! :-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:52 pm

I have to work tonight, so I usually make something that doesn't taste to bad reheated earlier in the day so dinner is ready for DH and McKenna for whenever they want it...I made a specialty we call Hamburger, Macaroni, cheese and peas please... I brown hamburger with some mrs dash added, and boil a box of macaroni elbow, drain and add the hamburger to the macaroni, throw in a couple of cans of peas, some margarine and butter, a little milk, and cubes of velveeta cheese, warm until cheese is all melted and serve.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm making a french dip today for dinner...

3lb roast cut in half
1 can beef consomme
1 can beef broth
1 can french onion soup
2tsp beef broth granulesthrow everything together in the crockpot

Throw everything together in the crockpot for 6-8 hours. Pull meat from crockpot and shred.Put back in for a few minutes to absorb some juices..Put on italian rolls with provole cheese.This my experiment for the day...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Tonight the kids had Mac and Cheese and I made pan-fried veal chops for DH and me. Low key dinner.

Logan had squash and finished the entire container!! He was loving it! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:41 am

Hmm I had Sesame Chicken with fried rice and the veggies they give you at the chinese restaurant called Flaming Wok....We went out to eat since we were already in town after church...

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 am

Monday February 9, 2009

Well, today is my DH's colonoscopy...he thinks he will be starving for meat and potatoes this evening since he had clear liquids yesterday. I think his tummy will be upset from not being able to eat so we are having

Homemade Chicken & Noodles
Cornbread Dressing
Green Beans

I have no idea how to tell anyone to make the chicken and noodles!! I've never used a recipe and just wing it every time. I do use chicken that I've roasted the day before, the juices from the pan and frozen Reames noodles.

The dressing is PepperRidge Farms....follow the directions on the package

Greenbeans - from a can adding 1T margarine while they cook.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 am

Dinner tonight is Hearty Beef Stew with Green Beans made in my crock pot.

I prepped it last night, and put it in the fridge and then put it up this morning. I also got some bread that I hope will work as bread bowls to put it in.

Beef stew meat (about 2lbs cut into bite size pieces)
10oz Cream of mushroom soup (i use an organic kind without any dairy)
carrots (I use about 1/2 small pkg of the baby carrots)
red potatoes (about 2lbs of the small ones quartered)
1/2 c dry red wine (i use red cooking wine)
1/2 c water
1/2 tsp marjoram
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
frozen green beans
Put the meat and veggies in the crock pot. Mix the soup, wine, water, marjoram and onion soup mix in a bowl and then pour over the meat and veggies. Cook on low for 9 hours. Add green beans (my crock pot automatically goes to warm after the timer goes off so that is when i add the green beans and let him cook for about 10 min that way).

Logan will have squash again tonight.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:20 am

Elise - That sounds so good. I miss stew. DH hates stew any and all kinds. It blows my mind. Sometimes I have tried to trick him and tell him we are having soup but he doesnt like soup very much either... How does a guy not like stew?
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Amy- My DH isn't a stew man either Sad I mean that's just not right!! He says he doesn't like big chunks of meat but yet I've watched him devour a Big Mac in like 2 bites....

I think tonight we're gonna have chicken tortilla soup...

2 chicken breasts
2 cans chicken broth(14.5oz)
1 cup salsa
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 chopped onion
1TBSP lemon juice
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 can black beans

Cook garlic and chicken together until chicken is brown on both sides.Throw remaining ingredients in pot and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.Pull chicken out and shred with 2 forks. Put back in pot and stir. Take a little bit of cornstarch in a cup with cold water(sorry I never measure this part out just do it by sight)Pour into soup until it thickens. Take a small handle of corn chips and crush into the bottom of a bowl.Pour soup over the top.Place cheddar cheese and/or sour cream over the top of soup and enjoy!!!``
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Ok we are having my mom's crazy not taco - taco salad because its easy and I am tired!

Lettuce - shreaded
Tomato - chopped
Onion - chopped
Avacado - sliced up
Grated cheese
Plain Doritos or Tostitos corn chips - crushed up in the bag before opening

Thousand Island Dressing (why I dont know but its good!)

Browned hambuger and onion with some chilie powder( chilie powder optional)
Kidney beans added to browned hamburger

Toss with veggies, cheese, chips and dressing and serve. Its strangely addictive!

You can add sour cream and salsa if you want to make it more Mexican but like I said its a not taco - taco salad.

Last edited by PolloLoco75 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

I am not a stew person...and my poor DH has to go visit my family for it...I think it smells fantastic...just don't like it for some reason.

Today is another second shift work day for me so I cook during the day.

Bonless, skinless barbque chicken breast, just grill and sauce
Canned green beans
and a Box of Rice a Roni 4 cheese rice
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:46 pm

tonight: DiGiorno! Being sick makes me completely inable to make any knid of dinner. I make 3 things really well, chili, spaghetti, and meatloaf... I'm kinda sucky in the cooking area.. OH and tater tot casserole! I forgot i was good at that. ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:31 am

We had Beef and rice last night(technically since it is past midnight)

Its pretty simple actually

I use

1lb beef sirloin tip steak but you can use round since it is cheaper(You may want more meat though I use 1lb because hubby is the one who eats most of the meat in it I like the rice and sauce more)
2-3tbsp oil, for the frying of the meat
3-4 Sunbird Beef and Broccoli packets They are usually found by the chop suey soy sauce rice etc
Soy sauce(how much depends on how many packets you use)
Water(also depends on how many packets you use)
Rice,cooked(depends on how much rice you want to have per person)

Basically I just brown up the meat using the oil.....Then Follow the directions on the Beef and broccoli packets as far as making the sauce because it is done in the same pan after meat is cooked. I do not add the broccoli that it says to add or the green onion because DH is picky and just like the meat and rice.. but the broccoli does taste yummy in it.
Then when sauce is prepared serve over hot rice..

I know I didn't tell you much here as far as how to's but thats because its basically follow the directions on the package kinda meal...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:36 am

Well tonight is going to be an easy night for dinner. We will have the fend for yourself night. We have tons of Not Taco - Taco Salad left as well as some chicken cacciatore and all the frozen lean cuisine pizzas and Panini’s you can stand. That way I don’t have to go to the grocery store with the baby in a torrential down pour that we are supposed to get today.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:58 am

Joy - I make that beef and rice A LOT! We really like it! I also make a sweet sauce to go over the beef for something a little different....you just take equal parts of soy sauce and brown sugar (I use 1 cup of each) and mix it with 1T butter melted with 2cloves minced garlic....heat that up and pour over the beef after you cook it.

Amy - My hubby won't eat leftovers....so annoying. Anyway, we are seriously stuck on your pizza recipe! LOL

Tonight we are having:

Amy's Pizza (that's Dawson's name for it)
Chicken Wings

For the wings I buy a big package of fresh wings at HEB....like 30 wings because we are pigs. Anyway, I line a baking sheet with foil and spray with Pam, put the wings on the sheet, spray them with Pam and sprinkle some garlic salt. I bake at 400 for 20minutes turning atleast once. For the sauce I melt 1 stick of margarine and stir in 1 Cup Franks hot sauce. Poor over the wings and broil until the sauce turns a little crispy.

Amy posted the french bread pizza recipe.....so simple.....and so freakin' yummy. I bought some sourdough french bread for this one and we'll have pepperoni, mushroom, & onion.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 am

Tonight we're having- meatloaf, I use the recipe from the back of the lipton onion soup mix, mashed potatoes, and corn.

Maddie's having squash.
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am

tonight is a quick dinner night for us...Burgers and Fries!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am

Haven't figured out what we're having tonight yet - I was going to make a Chicken Stew in the crock pot, but didn't have the potatoes....probably will be a chicken nuggets and crispy crowns night since I don't get home with the kids until after 5. It's quick and easy. Logan will be starting a new veggie tonight - either peas or green beans.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm feeling kind crappy today, not sick necessarily, just kinda, ugh...KWIM? so we too are going to have "Amy's Pizza" LOL....

Amy- Everyone's trying your recipe! Your famous!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum