Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mother of octuplets

+3
Kim
mythreesons
rocknrollmommy616
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

mother of octuplets - Page 2 Empty Re: mother of octuplets

Post by Kim Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 pm

that cost is just as outrageous...I think they are going to do a couple of more tries with the IUI, and maybe start looking into adoption, as he is adopted so they are not against it.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm

adoption is awesome, so many kids need homes here in the u.s. and in other countries too. i know most people would rather have a baby of their blood, but adopting is not so bad. you know, if we don't get a girl on the second try i am going to try and convince DH that we should adopt a little girl. Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Kim - my sister is in the same boat as your friend. She is 31 and has no children because of endometrisos. Her scare tissue actually caused a tubal pregancy in 1994 and she hasn't been pregnant since. I know it's hard....and IUI doesn't seem to work very often. Maybe she'll have a suprise out of the blue like we did with Brenden!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:00 pm

MichelleL-Maybe having Dawson got the goop out of the plumbing so to speak for you so you could have Brenden.LOL
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 pm

It would have been nice if I could have gotten cleaned out about 5 freakin' years ago!!! LOL Actually, I started taking meds for my PCOS a few years back and when my periods came back it never even dawned on me that I could get pregnant..... I know....I'm an idiot!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:44 pm

I've always heard that once you have one it can kick start everything.

No, I didn't conceive Aubrey thru IUI...it was a year long process of fertility treatments (we had tried for 2 years on our own) that ended in complete emotional exhaustion and having to deal with the fact that I was NOT going to conceive. We had signed our final home study for adoption thru our state CFS and 4 days later I found out I was pregnant.

Michelle, my SIL who is older also 37 at the time of conception conceived on her 1st cycle of injectibles with IUI, TWINS! But it seems I've heard more unsuccessful stories.

Feel free to ask anything or email me at ladydy68@sbcglobal.net
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:29 pm

wow that is amazing! I am sure when she gets older she will be proud to hear that story. she was a blessing from god! ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Diana - that is so awesome about your SIL!! Unfortunately I hear more unsuccessful IUI stories than positive one's too! I didn't do injectables with the IUI...just clomid which did nothing. At that time we didn't have a fertility benefit on our insurance so after going for months we were running out of cash. We called DH's HR rep and asked about fertility....she said we could petition the group and ask for the benefit, so we did. Thankfully it was written into the policy effective the next year and we were in the Reproductive Endo's office on Jan 6, 1999. We only had a $10k benefit so it was only one shot with IVF (we had to supply the other $15k). We were so thankful to be able to go into the very next cycle and Dawson was transferred into my cervix on May 24, 1999....he was 4 cells. It was an awesome experience but one I knew I would NEVER go thru again....even if we hit the lottery. It's amazing how things follow suite and you just never know what tomorrow will bring! Aubrey will treasure the memories you share with her when she is older! Dawson knows exactly how he came about, the story of his NICU stay, and not only how hard it was to get him but how hard it was to keep him here. He's a 9year old boy and he will tell you he is thankful we didn't stop trying! He just amazes me!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:24 pm

aww, michelle that is just too sweet. ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:32 pm

He'll cherish that story forever.

Now that I have one miracle, I would never go thru that process again just b/c it's so exhausting.
We didn't/don't have fertility benefits and that is why we never went any further than injectibles/IUI. Fortunately, DH's insurance did pay for the meds and the actual wash/IUI was only $350 each try.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2