Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help quick!!!!

4 posters

Go down

need help quick!!!! Empty need help quick!!!!

Post by Kim Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 am

For those of you who have used suppositories to help with constipation...what kind did you get and how much did you give them...everything I have read says one for ages two to 5 so I was thinking a half of one...but wasn't sure. Landree is really really sufferring. She had only smears all day yesterday and we have tried apple juice and prunes with only a tootsie roll coming out once. She is miserable and I need help!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

need help quick!!!! Empty Re: need help quick!!!!

Post by MichelleL Sun May 31, 2009 2:18 pm

I just use the glycerin childs suppositories and give Brenden 1/2 of one. Make sure you squeeze her butt cheeks after you insert it so it will go up further. She will most likely have a small stool and then a LARGE one in a few hours. I also give Mylicon to help with any cramping....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun May 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanks Michelle! The poor girl right after I gave it to her she pooped, but it was so hard and big still I had to help her with getting it out...and finally about 3 hours later she has had her first normal poop in the last few days.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun May 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Poor Landree!!!Lucas has had a tougher time pooping since we started him on solids...That I've noticed for sure!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:26 am

:-( I hate backed up poop! I've had to give Brenden several suppositories. Once he pooped just as I was inserting it....poop went everywhere! I'm glad Landree got some relief. You'll have to really watch her the next day or so to make sure she is "working" again. It's just amazing how poop can be so miserable and so stressful.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 am

we had a very good size regular poop this morning, so that it good. I am sure it will happen again but never am I letting her go that long stuggling again.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:11 am

Kim, poor Landree. I know Aubrey struggles and we have used the suppositories several times. They stay on her changing table. I just cut a sliver off of one and it helps her. There were a couple times I waited thinking I don't want to use something to help her if she doesn't need it but now I don't hesitate, if it's been too long I use it.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down