Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did your newborn son react to his circumcision?

+3
Chaycethedogs
eileen bauer
celjla212
7 posters

Go down

How did your newborn son react to his circumcision? Empty How did your newborn son react to his circumcision?

Post by celjla212 Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:13 am

HI girls, I was on the other forum but I lost my internet and I haven't been on too much. But, I had my son on 10-10.

My question for you is this:

I am supposed to have my son circumcised tomorrow, he will be 12 days old. I really want to do it but I am scared of causing him a lot of pain. I just want to know how other babies did when they were circumcised.

I don't really need to hear from people who are against it, because I am in the process of doing the research myself. PLease help me with an answer if you can, as I am supposed to have this done this afternoon.

Thanks.

celjla212

Back to top Go down

How did your newborn son react to his circumcision? Empty Re: How did your newborn son react to his circumcision?

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:48 am

They numb it and it is sore afterwards but I think overall for me anyways it was worth it. I kwno the big thing right nowe is to not get it done but my reasons were I have a 2 yr old and to keep him clean would be impossible if he was not let em tell you! so that is my main thing. But both my sons are circumsized adn both made it through jsut follow teh instructions for care and know it will look bad or painful but it is numbed.
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

How did your newborn son react to his circumcision? Empty Re: How did your newborn son react to his circumcision?

Post by Chaycethedogs Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:23 am

Both of my sons are circumsized. Dawson had his done before he left the NICU at 2 1/2 months old and Brenden had his done 3 days after his birth. Both boys were numbed with a cream, however, the hospital Brenden was delivered at had an INGENIOUS idea...they put the cream in a bottle nipple and put it over his penis then put the diaper back on. The cream has to stay on for like an hour or somehting. With Dawson the cream was a mess, like putting a bandaid on the tip of your finger. Anyway, both healed quick and look good! We applied vaseline gauze for about a week after the procedure and that was it. I'm not sure how much it bothered either of them...they just kept eating, sleeping, & pooping! LOL
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:05 am

My son was done when he was almost a month old (he had been in nicu) they didn't use any type of cream. We were not allowed in the room. From my understanding...they gave him novicane (sp?) injections all around it (very painful if you've ever had them other than your mouth) then pulled the foreskin back, placed a "cap" on him and put the skin back in place, they then "tied" it around the cap. Essentially, instead of cutting, they caused the circulation of the skin to be cut off, that area "dies and heals at the same time" and the "cap" fell off (like a belly button) in about a week.

He was in a lot of pain for the first 24 hours. It was swollen (all of which I was told was normal) then after that it didn't really seem to bother him. I am sure it was painful, the dr said the circulation doesn't fully get cut off for about 24 hours. He healed perfect.

All in all, I would do it again, it is just hard because I know he was hurting. And not being able to be there with him made it worse.
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:11 am

My DS had his circ at 2 days old. I wasnt there when they did it but they numbed the area a bit and gave him children's tylenol. They did the circ and brougt him back to us where he slept for like 2 days. Only waking up long enough to eat and pass back out. It is a bit traumatic but now at 13 days old he is almost completely healed. We have to keep gauze with Vaseline on his penis to protect it from diaper messes but it also keeps it moist so it can heal properly. He seems to be doing great. The first week it was a bit sore but now he doesn't seem to notice it. He is more bothered by cold baby wipes.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:47 pm

my DS had his done the day after he was born. he wasnt even alive for a whole day before they did his! So, I'm not sure how a circ done this late in the game would be, but I know with my DS they numbed his penis for about an hour with lidocain i think, then they put a ring on it. Is yours actually getting snipped? With the ring it doesn't hurt them at all, it just falls off around the same time as the umbilical stump, and then there it is! heh. Anyways, I don't know how helpful that will be if yours is actually getting cut, not using the ring. But, as far as I am concerned, they are too little to remember the pain when you clean it as long as you snuggle them real close afterward. I agree with Amy. I think he was more bothered by his changings just in general (being naked and kinda cold) than anything!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:02 pm

They did it on Kit the day after he was born, we weren’t allowed in the room but we could see from the window of the nursery, they used a local and then used that little ring thing on it its doing really well so far but it was a little swollen after we use warm bath water on it just squeeze it over his thingy and let it clean him he seems to enjoy it . HE honestly didn’t even seem to notice or be bothered by it he came back to the room crying I fed him he was content. He hates having his diaper changed but he screamed about that before we ever let them lop off his foreskin.
We where told we can use a bit of peroxide on it but not to use any Neosporin or anything till the ring falls off.. it has some yellow crusty stuff on it but not a lot and im seriously surprised at how well it seems to be doing..
I really didn’t want to do it it seemed awful to do something like that to a little baby but im kinda glad we did now. All of the guys I know have said either there glad it was done to them or they wished it was or they are going to get it done and wish there parents had don’t it when they where a baby so they didn’t have to pay for it and go though the recovery.. But it was awful standing there worrying about my baby..
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by celjla212 Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:38 am

Well, after much thought, my husband and I decided not to go through with it. The clincher was calling the doc to find out more about the process, and they told us they use NO anesthesia or pain killer AT ALL. The woman said, "They don't have any nerves in there." Yeah, i find that impossible to believe. Why would they scream then? So even though hubby and all the guys on both sides of our families are snipped, my son will not be. I thought everyone would argue against us but I showed my mom some stuff and now she agrees with me. The only thing is, I hope he doesn't get mad at us for not doing it when he gets older. But, all in all, we decided we couldn't but our baby though all that.

celjla212

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:33 am

you coudl ahve your pediatritian do it not the hhospital and they mioght use something. Or change pediatritians

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 am

I agree with Eileen. If you originally thought it was a good idea, I'd just see about a pediatrician doing it. I'm not being hateful, but someday he's gunna ask his daddy why his doesn't look the same. I hate to say this, but honestly, since they aren't going to remember it, I think its better just to get it over and done with. I think the pros outweigh the cons personally. I'm just saying. He wont' remember it, and it will only hurt for a week or so, i think that's better than the weirdness that you will have to go through when he has questions some day. That's just me.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:50 pm

my question is how many boys actually see there father on like a size based scale and say hey dad why doesn't it look the same? I would think they would notice the size more than the extra skin? you know i mean its not going to look the same even if it is snipped and by the time it does they wont be seeing there dad's thing..

also its not hard to explain well every boy has a different looking ... i mean its true and it helps with the whole skin color girl boy conversation..
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:22 pm

I agree with talking to your pediatrician. Surely they will use some numbing cream if you ask for it....it doesn't change what they have to do so why do they care if you want the area numbed??? Also, they probably don't have any nerves down there yet, the babies cry when strapped to the pappoose board and don't stop until they are picked up but who wants to take that chance? You can't exactly ask a newborn baby if they felt "that".
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:15 pm

I had both my son's circumcised and they ended up actually snipping the skin off not just capping it or whatever the other method is called. They did well both times they were numbed with lidocaine cream before the procedure. The recovery time was about a week or so before it was completely healed. And all I had to do while it was healing was use vaseline in his diaper so he wouldn't stick. As far as the soreness based on his reactions when I would put a diaper back on it was only really red for 4-5 days,after that it didn't bother him at all. Am with one of the other pp about the cold baby wipes getting to him more than the circumcision.

Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:22 am

what is the skin color boy girl conversation thing?
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:33 am

rocknrollmommy616 wrote:what is the skin color boy girl conversation thing?

Whatcha mean Bekah? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:21 am

rocknrollmommy616 wrote:what is the skin color boy girl conversation thing?

well in my family we have quite a few races and I'll never forget going out with my cousins and hearing little kids going "why is that man so black mommy why is he so black" and so on even still I hear comments about my skin and I'm pretty white but some one inevitable asks me "are you oriental or what?"

the boy girl thing is noticing boy parts verses girl parts. I just would think that when accepting all the differences in humanity from female to male antinomy size shape and color that looking at daddy as circumcised and baby as a much smaller version and uncircumcised no hair and so on they probably aren't going to be that concerned with a little extra skin in the long run there probably going to go daddy's is bigger harrier and possibly a different color and mommy doesn't have one at all..

just my thoughts but I think that it most likely wouldn't cause that much anxiety considering all the other things we ask children to accept.
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum