Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woo Hoo - It's October!

+13
Kristen
ladydy
Chaycethedogs
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
wyo_mommy
tweetie462
eve2008
jessijennings
mythreesons
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
mnelson80
17 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 4 Empty Re: Woo Hoo - It's October!

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:25 pm

wow joy, I think those were my exact measurements when I was born! ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Eileen-Just swat my crazy life bug..It's such a nuisance anyway Laughing Yuck!!$1000 to fix your car..that stinks worse than a dirty diaper! Just what you need right now...Hope things settle down for you soon.

Amy- Happy last day to you, Happy last day to you, Happy last day dear Amy, Happy last day to you(now sing that to the happy birthday song)Can't wait to find out if you get to meet your LO tomorrow!!!Chinese food sounds soo yummy but I just found out that my triglycerides are high so I have to work on lowering them Sad ...Either way good luck!!!!

Bekah-Dont feel bad about ever asking your DF for help...Its his child too and even though he may not do things your way, your little man will still be well taken care of...Baby blues are normal but can easily get out if hand.Make sure you talk to someone about it, like your doctor.Its alot of work having a new baby...Fun times too but it is tough because you have a rough idea of what is going to happen.{{HUGS GIRL}} wait until you see that first smile...sooo worth it!!!

Shannon

PS I got peed on today for the first time in years...it was a sneak attack....little stinker....
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Beautiful! Congrats!!!

I have breasts (sorry if its TMI) that are not the most perky of things and make actual breast feeding very akward. I am an exclusive pumper. It takes a lot of work, and I have no problem keeping up my supply. It takes a lot of dedication, my oldest DD was formula due to an infection I developed, my body took fighting that as a priority over producing milk. But with my other dd and ds I would pump while feeding them expressed milk.

I have a Medela double pump that is fantastic. It takes some getting used to and what I do, since I can't hold the baby, bottle and pump at the same time, is place the baby right next to me so they touch my leg (bare leg for skin to skin) and hold the bottle with one hand while I am pumping. The biggest challenge (after getting into the swing of it) is pumping at night (lugging the damn pump out, washing and storing everything aftwards) and pumping at work.

I think, just as typical breast feeding would, that it just takes getting used to. I know the pump itself has a lot to do with it, the one I have is a 1 step down from hospital grade and it wasn't cheap, almost $300.

But remember, even if it doesn't work out for you, there is NOTHING WRONG with that. Even just a drop of breast milk is better than nothing at all, and like Jessie said, its the feeding with love that counts. Your body is so out of wack right now, remember to breathe.. sunny

I can't wait until my LO is here!! Smile
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Wowza.. sooo glad work is over. I feel like I've done three months of work in the last week. Tomorrow is the big day.. I feel so out of wack.. I think I'll have to come back and re-read everything so I can remember what I was going to say..LOL
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:23 pm

To everyone who responded to my post - thank you very much for your concern. I really appreciate the support I get here and I'm glad it carried over from baby center. Today was a good day with Joseph. I think it's only occasionally that I get kinda down, but I smiled at him and talked to him a little today and it was nice to look into those big blue eyes(I can't wait til the real color comes in!). But honestly, I know if I need an ear, you guys are always here for me. DF said he didn't mind at all taking care of joey while i napped because he knew i wouldnt get a lot of sleep and he didnt need as much. He's been really sweet. But yeah, I think its only every now and again and I'm not really mad at him or anything, I'm just frustrated because I don't have as much energy as I used to. Although here's a plus, I dont feel sick every time I dont eat, so skipping a meal won't kill me now. Not that that is healthy, but you know, I won't need food as immediately as I did while I was pregnant lol. Anyways, thanks for listening girls, I appreciate the support, I really do. ^_^

Bekah
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Bekah-We're always here for ya chica!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:01 pm

WOW! Lots of reading I'll have to catch up on when I'm not so distracted! Smile Congrats to yet another baby, Joy! What a sweetheart!!!!

Had my DA yesterday and am HUGELY disappointed!!!!! Doc gave me the impression that we would probably be inducing toward the end of this week or early next (he had mumbled something about a week and a half, at last week's appointment). BUT he has decided to let me go to my due date (Oct 23). He says that because baby measured 6lb 15 oz at 36 weeks does not mean i'm going to have a huge baby and with his 'research' said that it's about a half a pound difference. So if we waited til my due date, the most baby *should* be is 9-9.5 lbs. "I'm like GAWD - you're a MAN - you don't have endure this, mister!!!!" (Of course I only thought that and didn't say it!) Wink He thought maybe baby had dropped and when he checked me I was 50% effaced and maybe 1-2 cm dialated - AND baby hadn't dropped, still floating around in here.I guess that's a teeeeeny bit of progress from last week. BUTTTTTT...the weird thing is is that last week (and the week before) I measured at 38 weeks...when he measured me yesterday he said i measured at 34 weeks. How the HECK is that possible if baby hasn't dropped?!?!?! I'm SO confused? He said it might be that baby has been stretched out until now and is curled up tight now -- but one of my friends says that shouldn't make a difference because its the UTERUS he's measuring not the baby. I'm REALLY confused about this and am worried sick!
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:28 am

Hello!

Wyo - I am sorry your doc is worrying you like that. I might mention something to him about it. How you are really worried and some reassurance would be nice. I dont know why they dont get that. Since they do this stuff all day long they just think everyone feels as flippant about it as they do. It drives me a little bonkers sometimes.

Well - I am about to head out to my DA. DH is in the shower now getting ready. Its kind of exciting. We may or may not have this baby today. I will let you guys know. I will be back if we arent but if we are I will let Kim know and she can pass on the news. I guess that is about it for now. I should go and dry my hair and put my make up on. Gotta look good for possible photos! Very Happy

Oh and here is hoping everything went wonderful with Diana's induction yesterday!

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:56 am

{{{Hugs}}} good luck amy!!!

wyo- ug how frustrating!!! is your doctor a little greek man?...lol sorry to bring up that story again...lol but really I am so sorry it is so frustrating when they just spout off stuff and you are liek hello I am here adn a living breathing person not a preggo blob!!! I am really sorry hun.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:11 pm

eilleen-LOL...got your reference!!! LOL

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:19 pm

Thanks ladies! I appreciate your support and sympathy. What a rollercoaster!!! Have any of you heard of measuring LOWER as you go along? I sooooo don't get that.
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Wyo - huh, have you lost any weight? maybe he doesn't know how to measure our fluff? He may be doing the math wrong or something. who knows. I wouldn't be tooo terribly worried. I bet you anything the next time you go in it will be normal again. Don't fret hun, you will be alright, I jsut know it! I bet you'll go into labor b4 baby gets to 9.5 lbs, i mean, look how dilated and effaced you are already! It won't be too long I'll bet. Chin up hun, everything will turn out just fine, I'm sure of it. ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:36 am

Thanks! I hope you're right. I keep thinking I'm having little tiny contractions that are HOPEFULLY doing something they should be doing! Very Happy Nothing big yet, but i was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor and walking yesterday so....we'll see. Very Happy
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:40 am

So today's my first trip out on my own...i have to take DD to school and then Logan to the dr's for his 2 week checkup.....should be VERY interesting...i haven't gone anywhere really for 2 weeks let alone by myself! There goes the little one -- i'll try to post later to let you know how my morning went...
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:29 am

Hi there!

I am just popping in for a second. We had our little boy yesterday. Yes Nathaniel Levi Hinton is here! We couldnt be happier. I posted my story over on the birth story board. I just wanted to give you the update.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:35 am

I am sorry I didn't get back here yesterday...we were running around wishing Grandparent's a happy birthday...it was my mom's and my FIL's birthday today...and my original due date.

Anyway- i got an update from Amy...she was being induced yesterday!!!!! So she will be back when she can to let us know how it all went!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:08 am

This board has been so busy! I swear I am the last one to go have my baby!...lol good sleep, and speedy recovery wishes to all!!! Oh and God bless the man who created vicodin I know I will be singing his praises monday after my C-section!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:31 am

So I survived my first outing alone, except now I'm a bit sore again so my mom is picking up DD from pre-school...no need to push it....Logan's DA went well - he's up to 8lbs!! So we still have to supplement, but since i had to with the other 2, i'm not surprised at all.....

Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys all the new little ones that are arriving!! Very Happy
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:03 am

Hehe - nope, you're not the last one to have your baby (at least I don't think). I think I probably am! BooOOOooO! Apparently there's a full moon coming up, and we're supposed to get snow today (and there's a change in barometric pressure) - so according to wives' tales, that is supposed to make a difference LOL. We'll see! Very Happy

SOoooo... how hard IS it really with more than one kiddo?!
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:16 am

I have 2 kiddos and the third in a few days. My oldest is 8 then I have a 2 yr old, so my oldes is mommy's helper. this third one and my son will be 2 3/4 yrs apart and i think that will be harder. haven't gotten the 2 3/4 yr old out of pull ups yet so gonna have 2 kids in diapers but hopefuly not for long! It wasn't hard with my second, this one I wil be relying some on my daughter for help with teh 2 yr old she can take him potty, watch him in teh back yard, and make his a sandwhich. VERY helpful!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:18 pm

yeah eileen I'm still packin baby too and your due befor me. But who knows wanna race Razz lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Well my C-section is monday so I wil make it jsut getting a little jealouse with all these babies...lol I think my husband is nesting, he is calling me every hour almost with something like "don't forget the camera, oh and pack me my electric razor," and so on. Like I didn't think of all that...lol it is cute.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:42 pm

you would have to pay my husband to shave on his day off.. He nearly had to be tied to a chair to get him shaved for our wedding..

But who knows I'm doing the natural thing I may go into labor and beat ya to it Razz

prob not though lol your gonna have your lovely baby and I'm still gonna be sitting here like a prego frog or something..
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:50 pm

Jessi - I'll probably be sitting not too far behind you then!

I *was* having contractions of some sort tonite tho -- started at 5:45 and went on for a couple hours every 5 mins or so. They were more like menstrual cramps than anything so I don't know if they were a big deal or not. I was induced with DD, so I've forgotten what the whole 'early stage' is like... and certainly am clueless as to what a natural labor is like. Not sure whether to call up to OB and ask or just let it be and see what happens. Still haven't lost the mucus plug and haven't had my water break, so i'm sure its a long ways off! Fooey!
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:39 am

Wyo - you don't necessarily have to lose either. I wasn't sure if I'd actually lost my plug a week b4 I was induced. But I don't think you necessarily have to lose the plug b4 you go into labor, or I think I heard that somewhere. If you take a warm bath or change position and they go away, then you know you're not in active labor, but if you have tried to get rid of them and you still have them, call your doc. 5 hours is a long time to be having contractions that close together I think might be a sign, but like you, I was induced, so I wouldn't know. But I'm sure if they are menstrual-like cramps it could be! I mean, I know on the pitocin I had SEVERE menstrual cramps, so who knows?!

Hey, speaking of which, if you had BAD menstrual cramps before you had a baby, are they less horrible afterward? Just wondering, maybe something good other than having the baby itself will have come out of the pregnancy. lol ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next