Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woo Hoo - It's October!

+13
Kristen
ladydy
Chaycethedogs
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
wyo_mommy
tweetie462
eve2008
jessijennings
mythreesons
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
mnelson80
17 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 3 Empty Re: Woo Hoo - It's October!

Post by Kim Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:38 am

Kristen- Congrats!!!!! How exciting!!! I remember you were a surprise Momma...how was that when they told you what she was for the first time? Best feeling ever wasn't it? I truly think there is a reason for everything, and so happy that your LO made it here safely...our girls are a day apart!!!! I hope your recovery goes well.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:35 am

Kristen - congrats! even though it didn't go exactly as you had hoped, you had the end result you wanted - a beautiful baby! Very Happy

AFM: Last night was one of the worst nights....Logan had a very fussy night, which means little to no sleep for me! and DH is back at work this week...thankfully, my mom is taking DD to pre-school this morning, so I don't have to worry about it....my goal is to drive her on Friday..I'm off the percoset, so I should be able to...it's just the soreness around the middle that is a PIA right now. But, I know it only takes time and although I'm now getting a bit stir crazy, I know if I try to do too much too soon I'll regret it and end up in agony. But I'm feeling better, so I want to start getting stuff done around the house that needs to get done...like putting away the gifts from DD's b-day party (which was Sunday) and getting more laundry done, because no matter how much is done there is always more to do...but I know I have to limit my trips up and down the stairs so I don't hurt the healing of my incision....it's just frustrating!!! Ok - 'nough ranting now...time to get DD ready and then maybe I'll be able to snooze before Logan's up for feeding again -- at least he naps in the pack-n-play during the day...he doesn't like the bassinet we have for upstairs, so we're getting a snuggle nest so he can safely be in bed with us....maybe that will help us all get a decent night's sleep!

Hope everyone is doing well....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:05 am

Elise- tell me please about this snuggle nest.Lucas sleeps fine during the day in his bassinet but wont at night and so he's been in bed with me sxo i get NO sleep because i'm nervous about him being there...i've never let/had my kids sleep with me for more than a night and not as infants....my room is cold and he likes to snuggle and be warm....ideas?

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:26 am

Diana - Good luck with your induction tomorrow. Here is hoping everything goes the way you want it to.

Kristen - Congrats on your little girl and even though plans had to change it was for the best. Now she is here and healthy. I cant wait to see pics!

Elise and Shannon - Oh my I dont know what I am going to do if Nate doesnt sleep in the pack n play bassinet at night. DH is really against having the LO in the bed with us. Poor guy had night mares that he feel asleep with the baby on his chest, rolled over and smothered it. He was really upset for a long time over them and is totally against having the baby in the bed with us at night.

AFM - Well I have a DA this morning at 9:15 to see how big this little guy is and to see if he is still breech. So I am excited about that. Then we have the cleaning people coming today. That is also VERY exciting. I cant wait to go home and see the house. Our plans for the rest of the week are to relax. My DH is too funny - talking about relaxing and he acted like he had never heard that word and didnt know what it meant. Silly guy.

I guess that is all for now. I will check back in after my DA.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:04 am

Kristen- COnratulations!!!

AMy- Neither of my other 2 did this...I've always been agaisnt them sleeping in my bed because my DH rolls around alot...If other people do it, doesn't bother me...KWIM?JUst with my DH I worry...My oldest liked to be on the cooler side while he slept...My second liked to be warm but not hot or cold and Lucas likes to be more warm than anything...9 times out of 10, if he's being fussy and he has a clean butt and a full belly then I know he's tired and not warm enough for him to comfortably sleep and he HATES being swaddled...So I will pull him closer to me so that no one but me can see his face and put a certain blanket over him so that it touches the back of his head right down to his feet and just cuddle with him for a few minutes...He snuggles right up and goes to sleep...Then I can set him carefully in his bassinet and he is content...Last night DH didn't know what to do with him because he was fussy and I had him lay him on my chest while we watched tv and he went right to sleep...It does make me nervous with him in our bed tho...Not something I would do generally but my room is soo cold because it's over the garage and the people who owned the house never insulated the floor over the garage...I sleep great but DH and Lucas don't seem too crazy about the cold.This weekend we will be vacuuming vents so we can turn the heat on...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:38 am

Congrats on yet another new baby - what a fun time of the year!! I'm glad your c-section went well, eventhough it was a bit of a disappointment at first. I get nervous about that too. My DD wouldn't drop and they thought I was going to have to have one, too. I'm hoping this go-round will be different and all goes smoothly Just a few more hours til my DA -- man my tummy is nervous!!!!

Who was it that said they lived in their nightgown??? That has become common for me too - SO much more comfy! Very Happy Good call.

For those who asked, my bday was nice and fairly mellow. Went to dinner (had some family come down) and my DD (4yr old) went to the store and picked out a cake for mommy --wouldn't you know it was a Disney Princess cake - but was perfect! Very Happy Other than that, I hobbled around a lot but had a nice fairly-uneventful day. Thought I was having some contractions, but I'm not sure (they're in my lower back on the left side and then sometimes more toward the front where my ovaries are).

I can't BELIEVE how much I had to go potty yesterday!!!! I'm REALLY hoping this LO has decided to drop a little. And MAN I feel stretched out "down there" (if ya'll know what I mean) - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is SOME dialation and doc says ok its time for this big kiddo to come out!!! Very Happy Being a supposed 7lbs and measuring 38 weeks when I was 36 weeks preggo makes me a BIT nervous, esp since my DD was 8lb 13oz at birth! YIKES!
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 am

Shannon - we're getting the Supreme Snuggle Nest with Incline
by: Baby Delight from Babies R Us -- hopefully it will get here soon...it's a small bed that gives the baby a safe place to be while in bed with you. I just hope it will fit in our bed - we have a queen, so hopefully.....

My DS didn't like the bassinet either, but he was the first and was not a c/s so I was abl to move him to his crib in his own room sooner and we had a futon in his room so I would spend a lot of nights in there....with DD, she loved the bassinet so it wasn't as big of a deal. This one, does not like to be in the bassinet for more than 5 minutes on a regula basis...occasionally we get a couple of hours when we first put him in, but once he's up, he won't go back in there for any period of time. So I end up with him cuddled in my arm (I have to sleep on my back right now with a bunch of pillows because of the pain from the incision area), so he's pretty well protected and I have my body pillow between me and DH and that's where my arm is so Logan is pretty safe from being rolled on...but....i don't want to tempt fate too much which is why we're getting the snuggle nest.

Okay - I'm going to try to take a short snooze before Logan's up to eat again.....hopefully short will be like an hour instead of 5 min! Very Happy
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:21 am

Oh my goodness.. new babies, big appointments, sleeping arrangements. It's getting exciting around here now. Congrats on the two new little ones. (Kristen & Tera).

I never thought I would let my little one sleep with me either. I had the same fears about rolling over on them. But you really kind of half sleep for those first couple of weeks anyway, so I found it wasn't that big of a deal. Plus, luckily I'm pretty short, so I actually just scooted down on my end and put her sideways above my head. It seemed to work out alright.

Well.. I'll probably be back, I have a ton of stuff today as tomorrow is my last day of work. YAY!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:46 am

Well I am back from my DA. Baby is still breech so we are on for monday - if not Thursday of this week! My fluid levels are a bit low. I have another DA Thursday morning and if they are any lower than they are now its baby time. If the levels are still ok then we will be having this baby on Monday. CRAZY EXCITING and a little nerve wracking. So either the 9 th or the 13th. My head is swimming! Good thing we pretty much have everything done!

I guess that is all for now.
Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:51 am

Kristen, congrats!!!

Amy, good luck, may only be 2 days away, isn't that such a trip, that's how i feel, like it surreal.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Kristen- congratulations!!! you have to post some pics when you get a chance!

Elise- I am so sorry about teh sleeping and lack of!!!

Amy- we will be in teh same day if you go monday! how cool is that!

AFM- the pharmacy has nto called abotu my daughters medicine, and my car is in the shop. So praying to get the car back by today but they haven't called either so we shall see. Tomorrow I ahve people coming to build a wall in our upstairs loft so we wil have 4 bedrooms (looks like I wil egt to finaly build a nursery in feb when my mom moves out.) so wed-fri my house wil eb tore up adn this is supposed to be my week off of work with no kidds!...lol ohwell it will all work out i guess. I am so beat today sorry if my posts are "low energy" hope all you ladies are having a great day!
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Hey Ladies,
Thanks for all the kind words!
Kim- That is so neat our little girls are only 1 day apart. I totally agree with you that everything happens for a reason. I thank God we followed our guts! I am looking forward to getting our girls together when they get a little bigger. I am so glad we were surprised, it was so neat and surreal finally finding out!

Amy- Good luck, I know it's hard, but try not to worry. How exciting your little one will be here before you know it!!

To all the other ladies I didn't get to respond to, hope all is going well!
Madison is doing good but is a little jaundice, so the dr. has me breastfeeding and then formula feeding to flush her out. We go back on Friday and I'm hoping she will be all set.

Have to get going feeding time!
Have a great day!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Elise-my insicion isn't hurting as so much the inside...I don't know but I sat up real quick last night with out thinking and it felt like something ripping, I know it was scar tissue but does this happen to you? I can not go from a flat lying position to a sitting position with out a lot of side rolling.

Landree sleeps in the bassinet, but she has to be swaddled and has to have fallen asleep first...I do nap with her next to me though because I like the cuddling.

Amy- how exciting...will you be able to get word to us on Thursday if it happens? Do you have text messaging on your cell phone? If so if you want, email me and I will give you my cell number and then you can send me a text and I will let all the ladies know.

Kristen- I can't wait to get together.

AFM- I am throwing in the towel with the breast feeding. I talked to the lactation consultant today and we have concluded that I just don't produce milk Crying or Very sad Especially because this time we started out taking extra measures with the pumping and the script for increasing your milk supply from the get go. I said I would be okay with it, either way, but man it mentally just sucks, I still feel like such a failure and feel like I am missing out on so much. I am returning the pump on Thursday though, I just need it out of my house even though I had to pay a month's rental fee.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Oh kim I am so sorry but you tried looks like it just isn't going to happen. You are not a failure though you gave it a very good hard honest try and should be proud of trying. On the upside you can eat what you want when you want, and have a drink too! Not to mention your DD can feed the baby, and hubby too. Just trying to give you some positive thoughts. I know it is hard. I was so bummed when it wouldn't work for me with my last one. I felt like my body had betrayed me and I was not a real woman. Ofcourse the lactation consultant didnt' help me she was awful but ohwell. You do what you can and then leave it at that ya know. I am so sorry though {{{HUGS}}}
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Kim - I was more like that last week -- I missed to hospital bed at night because i could sit up and lie back down without having to move...now i have to slide up and down and it's better than it was, but still hurts a bit. Sorry about the bfing too--i've had to supplement with all 3 kids, so while I've been able to produce milk for them, just not enough so I kinda understand the mental letdown...you don't understand why your body isn't doing what it's supposed to know how to do! But, trying is better than not trying and you do what you have to do!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Ok, wel it is now official. My last day of work is going to be tomorrow! I start my maternity leave on Thursday even if I dont have this little guy that day it just means I have 2 extra days off to rest before he gets here. I am so freaking excited!

Kim- I do have your email and I also have txt messaging. I will shoot you an email here soon and will get your cell. Dont feel like a failure because your body isnt producing milk. It happens and there is formula out there for these little ones. I know you really wanted to but if you cant you cant. Keep your head up - you will have a healthy well fed little girl who wont know the difference. I am so sorry it didnt work out.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:05 pm

Wow I dont post for a few hours and i miss lots!!!

Amy- OMG thats so exciting that your LO will be here so soon!Its a good thing you have everything ready!!!!I cant wait to see pics!!

Kim- I'm sorry it didnt work how you wanted it to with breastfeeding...At least you made an honest effort and did everything you could think of...So please don't feel like a failure. Landree will love you no matter what!

drat gotta run be back later
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Kim - I know the feeling. Joseph won't latch so I have to basically just pump and its such hard work. Sad I'm really sorry it didn't work out, but we are here for you. You're not a bad mom. Your body couldn't produce milk, but you tried your hardest to get it to. Don't blame yourself, it is nothing you could control. Keep your head up, hun, everything will be alright. you'll see Smile

Amy - I am totally coming by in the middle of the night and stealing that stuff from you! lol DF and I are moving in November and we need a couple of things lol. But you know what, the salvation Army needs that kind of stuff especially after Ike. Don't be jealous hun! You are going to see your little one soon!!!! Plus, its kinda hard on you when you can no longer sleep eight consecutive hours or take naps whenever you please(I so miss that).

Shannon - My LO HATES his bassinet too! We sleep with him in the bed occasionally as well, but we put the swing in our room and he sleeps pretty well in that. But you know, I wouldn't want to sleep in a big white box either! How boring and scary! I mean I was thinking about it from his point of view yesterday and it's like being in a coffin almost(not that he'd know what that was lol)! But My Lac. Consult. told me that babies that sleep with you in bed are actually less likely to get SIDS than babies sleeping by themselves in a bassinet or crib where no one can see them. Also, I heard on the news today that fans can decrease the risk of SIDS for babies who sleep on their stomachs because it gives them fresh air to breathe. Also, my LC said sleeping with them was actually better because it teaches them to breathe right. Anyways, that's my two cents. I'm trying to keep Joseph out of the bed, but sometimes I just have to give in in order to get some friggin sleep(he sleeps longer when he's in bed with us)!

AFM - Joseph is just being joseph. He likes to smile in his sleep and he stares at us a lot more often, which is awesome. We can tell now that he's got his daddy's eyes and eyelashes and his mommy' hair color. Gave him a bath today, and he was pretty good. I have to say, having a boy is difficult. He pees like 90% of the time when we change him. I've gotten to the point where I lay a towel beneath him so that I have something to deflect the pee. DF was cupping his hand in front of the stream so it wouldn't get all over the room! I was like EWWWWW! So I put a towel underneath him now when we change him. Plus, sometimes he likes to poop as we are switching out diapers... he's such a little booger! My Lac. Consult. says if I am exclusively pumping, I have to pump 8 times a day. I'm about to totally give up on that. I am not producing a whole heck of a lot of milk, and I get too tired too easily. I guess I'm just too lazy. But, it's rough when I'm the only one at home all day and that baby needs stuff. I can't just be sitting around pumping all the time! It just SOUNDS stressful. But now I feel like a total jerk because there are some people here who REALLY want to breastfeed and would be content with just pumping if they could. But me, I'm a brat and just give up so easy! *sigh* I think I've got a tiny case of the baby blues. Sometimes I just get so frustrated. It's like, "how can you need so much?!" But other times I look at him and cry because I am so thankful for him. Joseph means so much to me and I can't ever believe I get resentful towards him. Does this make me a mean mom? I don't like feeling that way. One night I broke down in tears because he wouldn't stop crying and DF wouldn't wake up to help out (he wasn't being a jerk). But now I feel mean because on DF's days off, I've been sooo lazy and basically made him do all the work. He changed and fed the baby like ALL day today, and I just bathed him and maybe fed him once. I feel like such a jerk. Sad Well sorry for the novel, I just had to get some stuff out. Thanks for letting me vent. Have a good night girls.

Bekah
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:51 am

Morning ladies,

Well, DH an I are off to the hospital for the 6am induction..hopefully I'll be home with pics to post by the weekend.

Amy, GL tomorrow or Monday and to anyone else that may deliver while I'm offline.

Have a great week!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:16 am

Good luck Diana!!!

Amy- woohoo if you don't have the baby thursday we can have a pajama day...lol an entire day in PJ's...lol God luck and take it easy!

Bekah- what you are feeling is normal. Your body not only has a hormonal dump when you have the baby but especially for a first time mommy, it is a culture and body shock! don't feel bad for getting stressed out. Just remember sometimes a break is neded. Don't feel bad about letting daddy do work on his day off. I personally even with my second had to put him in his crib and go outside for a few minutes. Made sure he wasn't dirty or wet or needing a bottle and no he was just crying so I had to put him in the crib and go sit outside for a few. you would be suprised at how that few moments changed things. I relaxed and the baby relaxed because they feed off of our tension at any age but it seems especailly at this young new stage. If you start feeling really down talk to your doctor there is no shame in having a case of the baby blues or even some depression. It doesn't sound like what you have said is seriouse depression but normal but only you know you and do not be afraid or ashamed by any means to talk to your doctor about it. Women have suffered enough over the centuries with it and now a days there is no reason to have to suffer through it.

AFM- not too much just got contractor and workers coming to wall in our loft to make a bedroom. they will be done friday. My car is in the shop, and the pharmacy is still reviewing tapes so still waitting on medicine for my daughter (posted prior about pharmacy messing up perscription) I have 2 more old pills and then we will be medication free which is bad for my daughter. I would have to keep her home and her ADHD is pretty moderate so it will be rough going if I have to do that. So praying to have this all figured out. Ug the medicine is thre biggest issue right now. Hope al you ladies are egtting some sleep! I can't seem to sleep now that I am off work I wake up at teh time I would normaly get up...lol So I do my schol work and then I nap later after everyone leaves. Everything is scheduled for Monday Little Daniel wil be here!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:10 am

Good Morning Ladies!

Good Luck Diana! I cant wait to hear your birth story and see pics!

Bekah - Dont beat yourself up for your feelings. Your hormones are trying to reestablish themselves and its a big change becomming a FTM. So baby blues are very common. I was told at one of my baby classes that if you start feeling blue to give yourself 14 days. If you are still feeling the blues after that mention it to your doctor. Sometimes it just takes 14 days for things to right themselves. Try not to beat yourself up and just give yourself a break now and then. Its ok to have your SO baby work on his day off. It is his baby too. Head up girl! Surprised

Eileen - PJ day it is! I am hoping that we get to wait until Monday. I was looking forward to having a last weekend with DH hanging out and doing whatever. Maybe a movie and dinner out etc. If it is tomorrow so be it. It will be a wonderful day for a birthday. I will be happy with whatever.

AFM - I am at work for my last day here. Its very exciting. They are having a goodbye lunch for me today. I thought that was really nice. We are having chinese food for lunch. I am just finishing up a few odds and ends and I will be done. Its hard to believe this baby coulld be here tomorrow. Very surreal. I am going to get my nails done after work so I dont have to worry about that. DH will be working late tonight to finish somethings up just in case and then we can relax.
My house is so clean I feel like I could eat off my baseboards! Very Happy I am just mad at my dogs. When I got home the maids were finishing up. So we waited until they left to let the dogs out. Well, one was so mad at me he went outside then came in ran straight to our office and peed on the floor! My dogs have NEVER peed in the house. Not since they were very little puppies being trained. Oh i could have KILLED him. DH cleaned it up but I swear that dog has a death wish. So I guess everything is pretty much done. Its hard to believe. I feel like I am forgetting something. I even bought snacks for the hospital. I dont know if we will need them, but I have them.

I guess that is all for now. I will try and check in a bit later.

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Amy, mmm chinese food i may have to go find some!...lol my dog when i brought home my second chikld insisted on peeing on teh floor of teh baby's room. weird animals i guess. I have been told they know what babies are all about and they get funny too. But how nice to have your house all clean! have a great last day girl!

Update on me- my car is going to cost $1000 to fix!!! yikes not expecting that!!! so the money we would of spent at the hospital for my insurance will go to that since the car is undrivable and not easily fixed. The hospital will just have to bill us which is fine I wil get my short term disability and can pay it in a few weeks. I need a new ignition system thingy. the pharmacy "meant to call yesturday" but they can't figure out who messed up but they will give me another perscripotion but i have to go get a new perscription paper from my doctor which is 45 minutes one way so going to be driving all afternoon again. I don't know how you moms do this taxi thing i hate it! But the 2 major stressors are over, now the contractors that are suposed to be here have not shown up so waitting on that. But things are slowly gettign solved one way or anohter...lol ug shannon i think your crazy life bug has come to central texas!...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:20 pm

can't the doc fax it over?
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Kim
I am very pro breast feeding it a huge part of my culture and a huge part of my wish for my child but you know what.. there are tons of formula fed babys who do just fine. You are still nurising and feeding your child, you still grew that little baby and you are still doing everything you can for her. I’m sorry that you weren’t able to but please don’t beat yourself up you did your absolute best and yes there is a ton of hipe about breast milk but what’s more important then what you put in the tummy is the love you give them and you know you’re an amazing mommy so please don’t stress the formula.
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:31 pm

Just wanted to post in here that I had my lil Jeremiah on Oct 6th via induction. He was born at 12:16pm and was 8lbs 7 oz 21 inches long. I will post a thing in the announcement thread and the birth story on that thread. Gonna try and get pics uploaded to photobucket also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next