Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+10
mythreesons
jessijennings
rocknrollmommy616
Tscadden
mnelson80
tweetie462
Chaycethedogs
PolloLoco75
Kim
eileen bauer
14 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:20 am

Yes thats my thoughts too Eileen it is definitely not working out with her here I really hope the judge sees my side of the story and recommends that guardianship be terminated as I wish. Yay for the Christmas Present...icky about the lice I had that when I was about 10 years old and it was not fun at all. It leads to a huge mess when you think of having to wash and spray everything down and on top of it do the treatments on a head full(or several head fulls) of hair too with them darn combs.

Back to top Go down

December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: December is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mythreesons Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:10 am

hi all-headed to the doc with Luc this morning...he's miserable and running a high fever(103.1)Will let you all know how he does
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:49 pm

has anyone else had babies with sleep issues lately? It's real recent, but Joey hasn't been sleeping through the night like he was before. Used to be we could put him in his swing and he's sleep from 1:30AM to about 7:30am... well now he's up half the night like he's a newborn all over again. I'm making it worse right now by letting him eat and just putting him right back to sleep but I am so terribly tired I don't even know what to do with myself. I'm thinking I might start on a bedtime routine this evening and see how that goes. Then maybe try to let him cry it out. but if its for more than like 10 minutes, I'm goin in! Anyways, I'm sooo tired and i feel bad because my sister-in-law's friend wants me to babysit again and I have to tell her no b/c I am just not getting any sleep and and she's got a 2 and 3 year old and I'm a FTM! So.. I'm going to call her here in a sec and tell her what's up. I'm soooo sleeeeepy. talk to you girls later! *snore* lol
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Bekah I'm with ya'! I don't know what's going on....but I can't stand it! Brenden usually sleeps about 30 minutes in the morning and then several hours in the afternoon and then about 1 1/2 hours in the evening before going to bed about 8pm or so. He was still getting up but only between 2am-3am and then not again until about 7am. The past couple of days have been awful! He'll only take his morning nap in his swing, which is when I normally take my shower but I am not leaving him in the swing for that so I ahve to listen to him scream in his bouncy outside the shower curtain. And the afternoon nap has been nothing but fussy and waking every 20minutes. And let's talk about the night....last night DH worked until midnight and had to be back at 7am so I wasn't asking for help...I just dealt with it. Brenden didn't go to bed until 9pm then he was up at midnight for a bottle, up again at 1am for no real reason, again at 2am which I then put him in bed with us, then again at 4am for a bottle, and yet again at 6am for another bottle but only drank 2oz. Now when he's awake he's perfectly fine until he gets tired. There is no yawn to say I'm tired or anything just shreaking and screaming and fighting me the whole way! He actually head butted me AND IT HURT! Please tell me this will stop.....I am so freakin' tired but I have so much to do there is no way I can lay down and nap....maybe his mind is racing like mine is????
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Dominic has been having bad sleep issues the last couple of nights too! Maybe it's this wacky TX weather we are having?? I think last night was because he got his shots yesterday, but the other night or two were for NO reason. I'll update on Dr. Appt thread, but my little chunker is 14.5 lbs.. 100% weight and only 25% height..LOL Little butterball.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:06 pm

I am wondering if it is a growth spurt contributing to the sleeping issues, Landree has done this also for the last couple of days...they say that when your baby is "fussy" they tend to have a developmental milestone shortly following the fussy period.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:16 pm

well the other thing is, he isn't finishing his bottles like he used to. We switched from a fast flowing nipple to a slower one because the other one was TOO fast, he was gulping and trying to breathe and we were finally like, "this isn't right." Luckily we have the vent-airs and they have drop ins for the nipple so yay! But now he won't finish a bottle, he'll leave like 1 or 2 ounces in there. I didn't think that was a huge issue but if they are going through a growth spurt, shouldn't he be eating more?
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:38 pm

not sure if this applies but daniel has problems when i am home on my nights off, and on the nights i work and hubby has him he sleeps through the night. but daniel is a few weeks behind most of you guys in age so maybe he will get worse?
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Kim - glad you're doing better!

Joy - sorry to hear about all the legal problems. hopefully everything will get resolved properly next week at the hearing. i'm glad you talked with a lawyer -- hopefully you'll be able to have a legal rep with you at the hearing.

Shannon - hope Luc is okay!

AFM: There must be something in the air! Logan has been VERy fussy these last few days.....he'll be fine, and then he'll scream bloody murder for about an hour and then finally settle. The other night he would not stay asleep unless I was holding him and standing up. If I sat down, he started screaming. Finally, he feel asleep long enough and I was able to sit down with him. Of course, this was at like 1am, so I was really not a happy camper. And then I ended up falling asleep with him in my arms for about another hour and then he woke up about an hour after I put him down to eat! It was a VERY long night. Last night was okay, so hopefully we've turned the corner. Days haven't been too great either - he's been very clingy during the day too. Not quite sure why, but kids are crazy that way!

We had a meeting with DD's pre-school teacher this morning - she's still having problems sitting for a story so now we have to bug the school system to get her tested to make sure that she's not having any other problems. My BIL (DH's bro) had (and maybe still does?) ADD, so I don't know if that is the problem, if she has other developmental issues or what is going on, but there is no way she will be able to function in a pre-K class next year like this!!

Nothing in my life right now seems to be working out these days...okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but it's like all the walls are crumbling down and I can't patch them fast enough to prevent a collapse. I know we have our health, our kids are healthy, DH still has a job (for now), but I don't know how much more stresses I can take! Which of course doesn't help Logan 'cause babies pick up on our moods and act/react accordingly, so as much as you try to keep calm sometimes it just doesn't work!

Okay - enough of a super-long post. guess that's what happens when i don't get a chance to do more than read in a few days!!

hopefully these babies of ours will turn the corner and go back to their wonderful sleep patterns that they all had previously! Smile

Here's to good dreams and sleeping children. *happy thoughts*
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Elise - my son was the same way in preschool. He would actually get up and run around the room or start making loud noises. He had a fabulous teacher who happened to have 3 boys of her own and she said he was most likely getting bored and he wasn't "mature" enough to deal with it. He acted the same way in Pre-K but the teacher wasn't nearly as understanding. And we actually went thru it again in Kindergarten which is when he entered the public school system. He just wouldn't cooperate with the teacher and wanted to play when they were suppose to be working. Then all of a sudden it just stopped. It was really rough once he entered K because they expected far more from him than the private school did and even told us he would most likely be held back. He wasn't....and he did straighten up. I really think it was the "maturity" issue his preschool teacher spoke of. Anyway, jsut wanted to let you know that you are not alone....
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:53 am

I too am up at this hour with Jeremiah and he has been up already for a few hours hoping he'll clonk out soon. He is wide awake swinging in his swing as I type. And My eyes are burning from being up since oh about 7 30 am or so. Oh yeah had my appt at the health dept(would have put it on dr appts but wasn't really with a dr LOL) things went alright appt was for 1pm and they didn't get me in until like 2 which I still don't understand because it was not super busy or nothing. So we talk discussed methods etc etc weight was 238lb Woo hoo 2 lbs lighter than I thought and height 5'8 so I have not shrunk lol and she prescribed 3 months worth of pill and I go back in 3 months to get the other 7 packets. She wants to make sure I am doing alright on these one I guess....
And baby Jeremiah is finally sleepin... gonna go read the other new posts from last sign in then try and get some sleep maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:46 am

{{{good sleep vibes}}} to you all as i am sitting here at work...lol I hope all of your little ones get a good night sleep and you do too mommies!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am

Last night was the worst night EVER....I'm so tired and upset I can't even explain. Also, I am going with my sister to her GYN today...her pap came back positive for HPV....please send a prayer or two her way if you get a chance. -Michelle
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Michelle- I hope you get a break today...and I will say a prayer for your sister.

Where are your babies sleeping?

Landree is still in the bassinet next to our bed in our room, she has been doing fairly well with sleeping through the night for the past couple of weeks. With only a few day spurt when she was waking up. She is getting big and long and I feel like she needs to transition to the crib. The only thing stopping me is she will be sharing a room with her sister. I am so scared of one or the other waking the other. Do any of you have LO's that share a room...and is your Oct. baby going to be sharing a room with a sibling? When are you planning to move your Oct. baby to the crib if they aren't already there? I am thinking that starting Christmas night, we might move Landree to the crib...this is my plan, we will put McKenna down at her normal bedtime of 7:30pm (she is usually asleep by 8pm) and keep Landree in with us until her last bottle, sometime between 9:30-10:30, and then bring her in...they both have been getting up at 7am so that is no biggie. I don't work the two days after Christmas so I figured this would be a good time to allow for resting if the first couple of nights are stressful...what do you all think?
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Kim - we have started the slow transition for Logan to his crib. I've put him to sleep there a couple of times when we went to bed - last night he slept in his crib for 4 hours!! I put him in there at about 11:30ish and he slept until 3:30. I fed him in his room, and I was going to try to have him sleep in there the rest of the night, but his room seemed very cool to me, so I brought him back and he spent the rest of the night in the snuggle nest in our bed. We're going to work on him spending the night in his crib starting next week because the other 2 kids will be home on vacation, so if it's a long night, i don't have to be anywhere first thing in the am and DH will be home that whole time too so we can tag team if need be. We're lucky enough that we have 4 bedrooms, so everyone is in their own room.

Michelle (Chayce) - sorry it was a bad night. hopefully it will get better soon!

AFM: i'm doing okay - just paid the bills so that was VERY depressing...otherwise, today has been a calm day. which is good, 'cause we're supposed to get a storm starting tomorrow afternoon. grrr..... time to get my stuff together to run a couple more errands before i have to pick up DD.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:30 pm

Kim - I think that sounds like a great plan. I can't believe how early McKenna goes to sleep.. L-U-C-K-E-Y.. I was estatic last night when I got Tatzeanna to sleep before 11PM. She is just so terrible with bed times and I admit I'm part of the problem.. well NO MORE. It just hasn't worked for so long because her dad always underminds me.. to bad.. anyway.

Dominic mostly sleeps in his crib. After his cold cleared up I started putting him back in there. He doesn't really like his bassinet anymore. I think he's just too big for it. If he really won't go back to sleep I bring him in the room with us, but usually he sleeps all night in his crib. They are not sharing rooms so I don't know much about that, but if Landree is sleeping through the night, I wouldn't think it would be too big of a deal.

Michelle- Sorry to hear about your sister. My best friend got that too.. it was really scary at first, but after about 2 years of check ups, it cleared on it's own. She's back to having normal paps, and never really had any troubles. So let's hope that's how it goes for her too.

Ok.. should get some work done.. Although I've been thinking about some of missing ladies.. Shay, Heather, Mandy, Maribel, Diana.. Hope everyone is doing well and geering up for the holidays.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been away so long again. I just seem to be running non stop from the time I wake up and the time I go to bed.

Kim - I am glad your surgery went well. I hope you recover and dont have any more issues with your arm. Nate is sleeping in the bassinet part of the pack n play in our room still. We will be transitioning him over to his crib within the next couple of weeks that way when I go back to work in January he will be in his room and our alarm clocks wont disturb him and give us a chance to get ready in the morning. He is napping in his crib these days when DH isnt home. He hates to have him in the other room and insists he naps in his bouncy chair. He is such a softy that he doesnt want to be away from him.

Michelle - I will keep your sis in my thoughts. My BFF was diagnosed with HPV. Her turned out to be the really bad kind so she has to go to her GYN several times a year to keep an eye on things. So far so good so here is hoping your sis has a better diagnosis.

I have heard that infants start sleeping through the night and then they revert back to getting up once a night for a while. I am just getting into the sleeping through the night part but do expect him to start getting back up any day now.
Here is hoping all you ladies have LOs that go back to sleeping through.

I am done with my shopping and very happy about that. I am now 1/2 way done with wrapping. I go back to my evil foot doctor today. Here is hoping he doesnt decide to cut my toes off with out pain killers. He is into stuff like that. My dogs have started really acting out. I dont know if its a phase of the moon, if they have had it with not getting enough attention or what. One is refusing to eat his food while the other is getting into and destroying as much stuff as he possibly can. I dont know what to do. Everyday I tell DH "Here is hoping that when you get home you have as many dogs as you do now". Its so hard dealing with their issues and with Nate at the same time. I love them so much but they are killing me!
Anywho, I guess that is all for now and as always I will try to be by more.

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:30 pm

Michelle - I'm sorry your night was awful, I'm totally there with you tho if it has anything to do with little boys not wanting to sleep! I know your sister will be okay. I was positive for HPV but they said it can come and go and that in 6 months I could have gone back and it would be gone. also, if it was just on the PAP and not a biopsy, sometimes you can get false positives, especially if you have a yeast infection. This is at least what my doc told me. But I never got to go back for the gardisil shots b/c I got pregnant lol. I hate to say this, but HPV is not as horrid as it seems. I think I read that there are only like 7 kinds that cause cervical cancer(i don't know out of how many..) and the gardisil shot only protects you against 4 of them. Anyways, I hope your sis is okay, but I promise it's not as bad as it seems. She'll be otay, you'll see. ^_~

Kim - Joey REFUSES to sleep anywhere but his swing. I really am trying to change that problem. I may put him in there to nap today. I tried yesterday a couple of times and actually he was doing okay til he woke up like 10 or 15 minutes later. But we found out why exactly it was that he kept waking up, in the crib OR the swing. I know its a nasty habit for him to sleep in the swing all the time, but my mom said my sister would only sleep in her swing forever until one day she just didn't anymore. So, I'm guessing its not toooo terribly bad.

AFM - had a rough night last night. Joseph wouldn't sleep AT ALL yesterday and so last night we set him down at like 1230 and then he woke up at 1245 screaming. Well I didn't know if he was just really tired or what so we let him cry for about 10 or 15 minutes and then he was screaming bloody murder so we changed him into a onesie and changed his diaper and then fed him b/c that's all we could think to do. So turns out he was really hungry. So we stopped using this swaddler blanket thats got velcro b/c we think its too tight. So about 2 or so we swaddled him in his receiving blanket and he fell asleep in his swing at 230. He didn't wake up to eat til 830 and then DH took him and fed him and they fell asleep in the living room together and then DH left for work at 1030, joseph was asleep in his swing again swaddled and everything. So i think we have the sleeping situation under control. anyways, gotta go talk to you girls later. Tootles!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:33 pm

Michelle- Thanks...that was one rule DH and I wholeheartedly agreed on, a structured bedtime routine and time, we needed it as much for her as us. we really just need our own down time before we have to go to sleep. We do push back her bedtime to 8-8:30 at the latest in the summer time. I am thinking they will do okay together as McKenna doesn't even stir when I check on her when I get home from working a second shift...and Landree doesn't even stir after my alarm clock has gone off three times (I love the snooze button) on the mornings I work day shift.

Elise- how much are they forcasting for you? We are expecting 4-8inches. I am just hoping I get out of here at 3pm...as Sat and Sun. are my days off this rotation so I won't have to deal with all the crazy calls. I have to go to BJ's as soon as I get out of work today though to get everything I need, diapers, formula...and of course Milk and bread.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Kim - they keep changing their minds (typical new england weather). earlier this morning, they were saying the snow would start around 12/12:30pm tomorrow. Now, they're saying between 9am and noon. Probably by the 11pm news it'll be something else! i've heard predictions of 4-7in, 6-8in and 6-12in. In other words, they have no idea!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Well we are in the hospital.I took Lucas to the doctor and they sent us to the emergency room...Lucas has meningitis.We're waiting on the cultures to find out if it's viral or bacterial.If it's viral he should just get over it on his own and just will need to be kept comfortable...If it's bacterial that s a different course of action and more serious...As of right now we were told that there is no bacteria growing so that's good...His fevers aren't going away and he's miserable...So please just keep us in your thoughts.
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Shannon - OMG!! My heart goes out to you and your family and I will be thinking of you. I hope that it is viral and he will be okay soon! Make sure you take care of yourself too!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:04 pm

Shannon - I am so sorry to hear Luc is so sick. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is viral.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Shannon - OMG! You see! If they'd effing had that HiB vaccine he wouldn't have that! Damnit! I really am prayer for you guys and little Lucas. I'm so sorry. I am about to cry. If they hadn't had a shortage of the vaccine, maybe he wouldn't have gotten it... i'm so scared for you. seriously, keep us updated! Give little Luc a kiss and hug for me.

On another crappy note, they may have to treat you and your other kids and your DH for meningitis. It's highly contagious. I wonder how he got it... Well I really am praying for you Shannon, please, give lucas my love! *huggles*
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:51 pm

i created a myspace page..

myspace.com/tweetie462
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next