Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for the Texas Mommies

+5
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
PolloLoco75
Kim
tweetie462
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question for the Texas Mommies - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for the Texas Mommies

Post by Kim Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:44 pm

and they pay what we pay starting out...now I make more than that now cause I have been there 7 years, I make $20 an hour, but when you factor in a lower cost of living I bet I would be making out...I wonder if I could convince DH to leave our familes(both of our familes are here)
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Question for the Texas Mommies - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for the Texas Mommies

Post by mnelson80 Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:53 pm

I thought the pay seemed a little low, but it does seem like it's for low woman on the totem pole. You know, I love TX but if I had to do it all over again, I'm not sure I would leave my family. I always thought "oh, I can just go back home if I want." but I never really considered what would happen if I got into a relationship and had kids. Now I would LOVE to see my family more and be around my cousins having kids and such. Plus I would have so much more support. But it's hard to think about uprooting the kids and heading back up there. Not to mention getting re-acclimated to the snow!!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:31 pm

We ditched our families 6 years ago to move here and we are NEVER going back to Oklahoma! My kids have so many opportunities here! Now, I'm not saying we will never leave Texas, but where our families live will not be a factor on where we raise ours. Yes, it would be fantastic to have our mom's around to help us out but we have always found a way to not need that. Dawson hasn't spend one minute of his life in daycare. Brenden will, but that's because I've got to get out of this house and do something! Anyway, when DH & I look on line for jobs for him (since he now our primary bread winner) we definately check the cost of living vs salaries in that particular area. We have it great here.... and I know this for certain when I read your east coast posts! I think everyone should move down here....Michelle (admin) get on the ball and find jobs for all our friends! :-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Michelle- I live near Kim. My husband and I make about 85 k a year and we just bought a house about 1 1/2 ago that is 1000 sq. feet finished and an unfinished basement and cost 215,000. That's just because the house market was getting bad. A year prior the house was on the market for 250, 000. It's nuts up here! I would love a bigger house but it looks like dh and I will build on to get it!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:45 am

I just want a big4 bdrm house to own Sad I am sure eventually though I will get one............hopefully

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:05 am

ha ha kim you konw you can dispatch anywhere...lol APD pays $15 for starting and no experience in austin...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2