Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burning Questions!!!

+8
sanderson0705
mnelson80
daisiesforu
eileen bauer
tweetie462
rocknrollmommy616
PolloLoco75
Kim
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Burning Questions!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Burning Questions!!!

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:32 pm

So, honestly I have a question, has anyone else been having SEVERE headaches? Like almost migraine-ish, but in your sinus area? I don't have a sinus infection, that's just always where I get my headaches, is in the front of my forehead. But for the past few days my head has hurt really bad. I just cut out a LOT of carbs from my diet and my SIL says it could be that, but I just don't see it. So, am I the only one, or no?

P.S. I think this was discussed on the BBC October board, but wow.. I'm really sick of the nurse practitioner and my doc telling me that all I can take is Tylenol. I KNOW they can prescribe something else... big jerks... They tell me not to take it a lot, but if that's the ONLY thing that's supposed to fix it... what am I supposed to do when it doesn't work????!!! anyways, rant over heh
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:32 am

ummh.. my doc said with all the extra blood prego nose's actually grow, like widen during and often get nosebleeds and tension there and such.. I don't know if thats it or if you knew that but.. thats all i can add lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:31 pm

Ok so last night I was up again with pain. This time it wasn't the tightening contractions, but major cramping like bad period cramping and pressure - I was up for about 2 hours trying to get comfortable...and almost called the Dr. but then I was able to fall asleep. So obviously I wasn't in true labor, but c'mon how can this be normal? How am I supposed to function for another 5 weeks?

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Bekah...I have been having them too, really really bad last weekend, like wanted to die. They were the precurser for the nasty cold I have now, which is in my chest, my I am still getting the headaches daily...I am taking Tylenol severe head congestion formula which my OB said was fine.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Kim - After you mowed the lawn, and you could tell you "did too much" how specifically did you feel?

Or anyone else..

I went to the Inner Space Caverns yesterday and did a fair amount of walking and had a lot of BH while I was there. Now, last night and today I feel really icky.. headachy, cramps in my back and under my ribs (more like menstrual or gas than BH) tenderness all over belly and breasts and a little nauseous. And not so much today but yesterday baby was going CRAZY.. and he's been pretty mellow for the last month and a half or so.

Should I be concerned? Call Doc? or just try to take it easy?
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Michelle-I would give it a day...my whole body was sore, like belly hurt like a son of a gun, and back killed me, I could just about walk when it came to be bed time. I always get nausea when I over do things...in fact I have had it off and on for the last few days, I really think it is because I have no room in my belly and sometimes that makes me feel sick.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:45 am

eileen bauer wrote:tweetie- I was the opposite! after vaginal birth I was horrible and it was like 6 months until I could think about it. my episiotimy tore all the way back though. Interestingly enough I was told I was tighter after that.
After the c section with my second I had sex 2 weeks after, my doctor told me in front of my husband I could ahve sex. i could of killed her but everything worked well.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />

Um just curious since I have never had a c section........ do you bleed for 6 weeks afterwards like with a vaginal delivery? LOL I feel so dumb and prolly could ve thought to ask my sister she has had two c sections but not the kinda thing ya just pop up on someone...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:50 am

Joy-

You do still bleed for a few weeks but after a couple of weeks for me it was down to more like a discharge amount verses bleeding heavy. I think how long you bleed depends on your body. I was down to not even wearing pads after 2 weeks but I have friends who wore them for the whole 6 weeks you still have to go through that part with a C-section

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:56 am

[i] Lol..... heheheh I still feel like a dork but honestly didn't know so had to ask I never bled whole 6 weeks either but was just wondering if you got to miss that lucky perk of c section.. thank you for answering :-)

EDD   Jeremiah Isaac 10-7-08(or 10-14-08) But am sure I will be induced before then as my fundal height has been consistently 6 weeks ahead since they began measuring it
DH Matt  (Married 6-29-02)
Other Children: DS Elijah 6-12-03 DD Faith 11-8-05

pregnancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:36 am

Joy- I agree with Eileen, I really think it more depends on your body...I have known people that still bled forever with a c-section...I was lucky and hoping that I am that lucky again, but I only bleed for a week!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:18 pm

I think I only bleed for a week or two as well with my c-section.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 pm

i don't remember how long, but I know it was less with the c-section than with the vaginal birth....a lot depends on how long you give yourself to rest as well...
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:48 pm

My doc told me that with csec alot depends on how well they "clean you out", there will be the standard time, but it can be prolonged if they don't take extra time to empty you lol
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:57 am

Has anyone else noticed that they cant really get close to anything? And I don’t mean because the belly is in the way .. well maby I do but its like so sore.. if DH flops around on the bed im grabing my stomic and trying to make sure he doesn’t hit it. Rolling over at night brings me to tears and if I end up on my back its like my spine is going to snap in two.. I know we all seem to be aching and paining its just unreal that this is the norm? I hate saying anything to anyone (besides you girls) everyone in real life is like ooh you just wait its going to get worse “oh really why thank you go f yourself too!” gerrh

I have a friend who found out she cant have babies she’s 20 and been married since 18 and its now kind of strained I’ve been trying to read up on all that what not to say things to her and so I haven’t been complaining about my pregnancy or anything but I’m just at a loss most the time on what to say I want to chew out all the people I see saying the stupid things to her like oh your young.. yeah she’s young so she has like the next 80 years of not being a mommy to live though good for her… the worst I think is the everything happens for a reason.. she’s a really sweet person and has a great marriage from what I’ve seen is awesome with kids so its like are you saying she isn’t ment to be a mom? What reason are you eluding to? I donno I’ve been sending her recipes so lame but I’ve made sure she knows she can talk to me about it and then I tried to say anything to her.. so I end up sending her baking recipes because I don’t know what else to say to her and I don’t want to say nothing and leave her in silence..
I just wish I knew what to do, but I suppose there really isn’t anything that can be done..
I just feel so annoyed and achy all the time its like pms with baby gut…

jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:55 am

I have a simialr issue jessi, in our church group there are 6 couples adn 4 of us are preggo 2 have already ahd their babies well teh 5th couple misscarreid about a month ago. So not only does this lady with 2 kids already lose ehr abby but she is surrounded by us who are either preggo or just having their babies. I am at a loss too. She doesn't talk about it I didn't even know she was preggo So kind of at a loss I am not that close to her so I am kind of on teh outside of it.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:49 am

Jessi - I am also so sore. My belly is anyway as well as my right hip and down the inside of my right thigh. The belly thing is like there are some days it feels like every organ is being squished. They probably are but it hurts. No matter how I sit if I roll over I have to wait a minute and cringe in pain until everything gets settled again. Same thing going from sitting to standing. I have to wait until everything finds its place and it hurts the whole time I am waiting.
I also have the belly sticking out problem. Last night cooking dinner I had to stand sideways at the stove so my belly wasnt over the heat. Only 5 1/2 more weeks!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:29 am

My belly is getting really sore too. I was ok up until this week. Now everything kind of just aches. No position is comfortable, although once I fall asleep I seem to be ok. My DD is always trying to hug my belly and although it's really cute.. it actually hurts. I try to grin and bear it for a minute because it's near impossible to keep her back. But geeze.. I'm really feeling done about now. 28 days til c-section.. still sounds a long ways away
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:37 pm

the belly gets in the way all the time -- especially since my arms are short too! i just tell DH he gets to make dinner most nights since the belly gets in the way Very Happy
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:48 pm

I have to be careful what i do. I have lost all sense of how big my tummy has actually gotten. I have to do the butt-out hug with my DF because my belly is so big and i can't hug like normal. So I have to bend over to hug him with my butt all out like a crazy person. Then i bump into everything.

Amy - I has to stand all funny in front of the stove so my belly didn't overheat too! My tummy got really close to the burner and I freaked out and was like, "ahh! My big belly!" Sad not to mention i just like run into thing constantly. I have to sense of my belly anymore. it got too big too fast lol
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:21 pm

So, I know what contractions are SUPPOSED to feel like, but I just don't think I have them. Or at least if I do, not that often. The only thing I have been experienced (and this may be TMI) is a lot of gas cramps. And I know they are gas cramps b/c I am "letting go" of them and then my cramps are gone. Plus they last like 5 or 10 minutes and I know contractions are only supposed to last a minute or so. I know my mom said her real labor with my brother felt like she had to go potty, but she would go to the toilet and... nothing lol. Has anyone ever felt like this? Any first time moms feel the same? How can you be having contractions and not feel them? I'm baffled. Sad
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:55 pm

rocknrollmommy616 wrote:So, honestly I have a question, has anyone else been having SEVERE headaches? Like almost migraine-ish, but in your sinus area?

you just HAD to say that I've felt like i had a hang over allll day.. felt a little better after eating but my head still feels like its in a vice...
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:09 pm

I get headaches that feel like my sinus are infected but they aren't. It really sucks because Tylenol just doesn't do much for me. Also, I have been getting random bloody noses
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:20 am

Okay, this keeps happening.
I’ll be sleeping and wake up wet, my chest that is. I’ve tried wearing bra’s and such my shirt ends up soaked my pillow.. its like I’m drooling out of my chest!
Is this normal? I thought they weren’t suppose to turn the food on till the baby came and I still have like two-three weeks..
Can I do something about this? Like do they make a nipple stopper or something?

jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:13 am

it is quite common and normal to leak before hand...there is no way to stop it and don't try, it might mess with it coming in fully...just start using breast pads with your bra's to sleep at night.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:25 am

Jessio there are disposable adn washable "nursing pads" or breast pads in teh baby section of your local walmart, they are like name brand $10 or so a box. Atleast mine are. you are compltely normal, i leaked like that with my first but not my second or this one. but I am ready incase I do...lol I am more freaked about leaking from my boobs then my water breaking...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next