Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woo Hoo - It's October!

+13
Kristen
ladydy
Chaycethedogs
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
wyo_mommy
tweetie462
eve2008
jessijennings
mythreesons
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
mnelson80
17 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 7 Empty Re: Woo Hoo - It's October!

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:31 am

WoW Holy Posts! We must be all settling into some kind of routine..

I have no time for a lot of personals but wanted to comment on 2:

Michelle/Chayce - My DS has "silent" reflux too - when I told DD's new ped he looked at me like I was crazy - I had to go on to explain allllllllll of his symptoms and the ones I was starting to see in Lexi. We went through HELL trying to get Robbie diagnosed and 2 years later he is still on Prevacid. The PED wouldn't give me a script for anything until Lexi's symptoms are "severe" and she is in obvious pain....grrrrr
So I am just keeping a close eye on her and I am scared to death we will have a repeat child - I know what you are going through! She did however, projectile vomit yesterday and the day before but I think she overate - she is Miss Piggy.

Rashes - I feel soooo bad for Lexi! She too has developed her first rash and it was bleeding raw yesterday. i broke down in tears while changing her because she was screaming in pain/fear. So I stopped using the wipes and now am soaking her tushy in the sink with warm water then air drying her. Then I put on A & D. It looks a little better this morning.

Anyone's DH ALLL OVER THEM? I cannot get him to leave me alone - i know that sounds awful but right now I am still sore, feel totally unattractive and have no energy to deal with him right now! For some reason he can't keep his paws off me! He wouldn't even come near me when I was pregnant...

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I will still try to get those pics up today.

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:28 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Well last night was a crazy night for us. I have been drinking that Mother's Milk Tea to try and improve my milk supply. Well I just stated on it yesterday and last night we were up with a screaming baby for hours from 3 AM to 6 AM nothing but screaming. I really think the tea gave him an upset stomach. So no more tea for me. It just broke my heart that I caused him so much pain I was crying right along with him. He finally fell asleep on DH's chest around 6:30 AM. What a hard night. So today is a pump and dump day. I dont know how long I need to dump to get this out of my system but I guess I will dump all day today and start back tomorrow with him.

Other than that i am happy to be enjoying a big cup of coffee this morning. I really need it. Sun therapy seems to be going well and Nate is looking less jaundice everyday.

I guess that is all for now... I will try and check in with y'all later.

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:34 am

Heather- Yeah I've gotten used to pulling DH's hands off me lately...Before Lucas was here I reminded him it may be awhile after he's here...So it's been a month for us...And he's annoying me...He gets out of the shower and comes in yet again saying"How you doin?" and shaking his thing at me...After having the other 2 kids I would have totally had sex by now...I have no interest at all...Just not interested in getting pregnant again anytime soon...Not that i'd trade any of my kids but can't go through it again for a LONG time if ever again...

Bekah- How's your little man's tush doing today?Any better?

Kim- LOVE the pic thing with your little girls!!!So very cute...

AFM- DS#1 was not happy when I showed up yesterday to pick him up...He told me that he doesn't think his grandpa loves him because he sees Brady all the time(second DS) and never sees him...I felt so bad for him...Lately I just feel like a bad mom...Just short with my kids and not giving them some much needed attention...My house is a disaster and poor DH(read that sarcastically) thinks he's never going to get some action again, not to mention my dogs havent really gotten to go out and play much...Does no one remember I just had a baby...Geesh!!!I need a clone or something...Anyone see the movie "Multiplicity"?Yeah that needs to be me...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:19 pm

OMG Heather - RIGHT? My DF will not leave me the heck alone. i'm like, "BABY! I'm not supposed to be doing anything like that until my postpartum checkup at the OB! Leave me alone!" UGH it's so frustrating. It's like, once you've had that baby, it's back to the baby makin game, right? lol except, probably well protected! I'm not havin another one for a long time!!! Which is why I don't even want to think about sex until after I my doc checks to see if its okay to put in the IUC!

Shannon - I think I know how you feel. Except I am being that way with family and friends mostly. I don't really talk to people much anymore and rarely go so anyone(mostly because its SUCH a chore) and I don't even return calls anymore barely. I have been getting such few hours of sleep that I'll turn my phone on silent and my cousin will call me a thousand times just to talk to me. I should call her back today Sad

AFM - we are taking Joseph to his first real Dr's appt since he was in the hospital. He's got an appt monday at 11:30. My mom is helping us to pay out-of-pocket because we are having issues with doctors who accept medicaid (don't even get me started) because our coverage hasn't started yet! Anyway, he's doing pretty good. I have to start realizing that sometimes now he is going to just cry for no reason and I have to let him cry and go outside for a bit. Also, is anyone else like this? He'll cough and I will run from any room in the house to see if he's okay! On the more positive side, he makes THE cutest noises sometimes! I swear to god I can't wait til he starts cooing ALL the time! Anyways, baby's makin a fuss in the other room. gotta go check on him! TTYL girls!

Bekah
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Hey Ladies! Hope all is well!

Kim- Adorable pictures!! My hole is on the left side (if I'm looking down). That is funny that a lot of us have one. It actually makes me feel better, I was a nervous wreck about it at first.

Amy- Sorry you had such a bad night! Nights have been rough here too! Madison is a snuggler and wants to be held. Plus, I don't think she likes the bassinett. Today I tried putting her in it and she screamed bloody murder for close to 10 minutes when I couldn't take it any more. Then she fell right asleep in my arms. I really don't want her getting used to that so I've been trying the swing and other things, just sometimes I'm too exhausted, it's just easier to hold her.

Shannon- Sorry to hear your ds was so sad. I know what you mean about feeling like you're snapping. My poor mom has been helping me during the days and she gets the brunt of my hormones!

Bekah- Good luck with finding a dr. who takes medicaid that just seems ridiculous that you are having such a hard time finding someone!

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone, if I did, sorry.
Have a good one ladies!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Kristen- I hear you...Landree sleeps pretty well in her basinett, but won't go in it unless she is asleep. So sometimes in the middle of the night she ends up sleeping with me for a bit because that is the only way I can get some sleep. I hate it as I think I am creating a bad habit, but keeping my sanity has to count for something.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:03 pm

okay here are some pictures wish me luck!

[img]Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 7 All3kids[/img]
[img]Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 7 Wholefamily[/img]
[img]Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 7 Danielsleeping[/img]

finally i figured out how to do pics...lol i will post my beofre and after pics of my belly (not a huge difference ofcourse!) I still lost like 10 pounds from teh total beofre and after birth. Ug a girl can't win for nothing...lol but ohwell I have my little boy. Very Happy

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Today has been crazy...everytime I get a minute to pop on, by the time I finished reading Logan was up so I never got a chance to post!

My incision hole is in the middle, but I have seepage from the left and right sides too...not too bad...i have found that if I clean it frequently with a warm washcloth it doesn't bother me too badly.

Last night was a good night...i was so tired I handed off the baby to DH around 9:30pm and went up to bed - I slept until 3am!! DH came up with the baby around 11:30ish, and he went right into the snuggle nest (i LOVE that thing) and slept for 3 hrs!! I was so excited Very Happy

Kristen -- don't worry about spoiling your LO at this point...all you need to worry about is getting her and you to sleep...have you tried making sure a blanket is under her when you're holding her and then transferring her? i know that my DD (and this one too) didn't like going from a warm body to a cool surface...if I held them with a blanket between me and them, then when I put them down they were still in the warm blanket instead of directly on the cool sheet...

For those who were saying their DHs were all over them---i told mine that since the tubal didn't work, there would be no action until he went to his dr and got himself taken care of....we'll see how fast that happens! lol!

Ok - time to figure out dinner since DH is working late tonight (so not happy about that one).
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Elise what do you mean your tubal didn't work??? Did you just decide not to do it?...you are scarying me!!!

Kristen- Elise has a good point, we swaddle Landree...with arms out, she hates it anyway and cuddle with her that way and then just put her into the bassinet when she is out cold.

Eileen-He is just so cute!!! and I just love your daughter's haircut...so cute!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Eileen- Great pics. You have a beautiful family!

Elise and Kim- Thanks for the suggestions! I have been swaddling her, but she is a thumb sucker and hates her arms swaddled. Usually she fights one arm out and wakes herself up. So I thought I'd try the sleep sack tonight. That is a great idea about a blanket under her. I have a really thin swaddler, and I think it might help to have a blanket under her body because you're right, the sheet is probably cold on her. I too feel like I don't want to be getting her into a bad habit, but sometimes I'm just too tired to care and end up holding her for a couple of hours. I just am not sure how long it can go on before it is a bad habit. I love the fact that she likes to cuddle, but I also need my hands free at times.

Thanks for listening and offering suggestions!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Hey Ladies,
I'm trying to post my first pics. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, so please bare with me. I wanted to post a family one too but it's taking forever to show up on photobucket. So, instead here's two of Madison in the hospital.

Kristen
[url=Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 7 Madisonpictures220-1]Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 7 Madisonpictures220-1[/url]
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Wow, sorry they're so big, how do you make them smaller for future reference? Plus I just realized I sent the same pic. twice. Oops!! She was a little jaundice, this was the first day we noticed it.
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:28 pm

She is beautiful...in photobucket, right above the picture you want to post should be something that says to edit, click on that, and it will bring you to a new screen at the top will be an option to resize, click on that, and then click on the preset sizes...don't go to small...I usually choose the medium size option. HTH
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:45 pm

Kim- thanks I cut her hair...lol she likes it to her chin so it is easy but she will ahve to go to a professional at some point becuase mommy just isn't...lol

Kristen-I love your pics!!!

Everyone- thanks for the info on photobucket! it made it so much easier thank you a million times over!!!

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:03 am

Kristen - what are they doing about the jaundice? Did it not show up in the hospital? Your baby is precious! so little! >.<

Hey, should my 4 week old be hungry every two hours if I'm feeding him 4 ounces? I am going to bring this up to the doctor when we go monday, but I was just wondering if anyone else had every had this problem. I upped it to 4 because he was eating so often i thought he was more hungry but maybe he should still just be drinking 3 every 2 hours instead of 4 every two hours if he's eating every two hours anyways.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy77 Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:32 am

Bekah - I understand about the whole they cough and you go running to make sure everything is alright. I was so nervous being a new mom and young when I had my DD I slept with my hand on her all night for the first 2 weeks. I was so afraid of SIDS, or just not hearing her. I hope I can be a little less high strung with this one ( but I doubt it Wink )

Kim - thanks for the info on where to go for the picture you did of your girls I really want to look into it. Oh and I think sanity counts for EVERYTHING!!!

Eileen - You have beautiful kids. You look so happy in your picture, one big happy family. It's adorable. Daniel looks so perfect I actually had to do a double take because I almost thought he was a china doll. He's handsome.

Elise - What is a snuggle nest? Sounds like it could be helpful. It's been so long since I had a baby around I feel like I should be becoming a grandma not a mother to a newborn. I'm so out of touch with what new and wonderful things they have now for babies. and I am with Kim what do you mean your tubal didn't take? I have never heard of that happening.

Kristen - Madison is soo tiny and soo beautiful. I love that picture of her.

everyone - anything that you have seen really help with the new little ones, can you let me know what it is. Like I said I am just out of touch and have a feeling I can use all the help I can get.
mandy77
mandy77

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:37 am

Amanda - My little one LOVES his swing! Instead of putting him in the bassinet, we put him in his swing because he likes the little mobile above it and seems so enjoy the music too! That's all I got tho, I'm still learning too! lol
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:25 am

Thank AManda, your little lillian wil be too you know!

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Holy moly.. somehow I missed everything.. LOL

I can relate to so many of the posts. Dominc has good nights and bad. Sometimes I wonder if it's somthing I'm eating, I think Shannon has brought that up. I haven't had anything too crazy but you never know what can upset there little stomachs.

If almost feels weird to be a nursing mom. Granted I'm supplimenting too, but Tatzeanna never really nursed outside of the hospital. I also am getting much better production this time.

I wish I could see my insicion to inspect like some of you. I have so many steri-strips on it I can't see it at all. I have no idea when they are supposed to come off and they've pushed my 1 week post-appt all the way until the 27th. ugh.

I'm so happy to see some new pictures from some of you! Excellent! Madison looks so tiny compaired to my big chunker..hehe. and Eileen it's great to finally put a face with the name. You have a beautiful family.

For the first time SO watched DS for a little while this morning so I could sleep. Woo Hoo.. He's pretty much maintained the same routine, coming home past 10 and what not so it's been a little exausting. I'm will be joinging the "snappy" crowd as my poor DD has been acting out a little so we are working on that but I totally have a short fuse.

My MIL watched DS for a little while yesterday so I could finally get some groceries. It felt good to leave the house. I didn't take any meds since I new I would be driving and by the time I was done with all my running around I was definitely a little sore.

I suppose that's about all for now. I think I'll start a new thread for post-bellies and weight loss since I think it will be a hot topic in the weeks to come. I'm so jealous of those of you who have lost. I think I'll be on a longer track than that!!! LOL
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi!

Shannon - That is so sad with DS. Did you tell grandpa about the way he feels? It may be time for DS to have a day with grandpa and have him all to his self. Its so hard dealing with that kind of disappointment.

Bekah - I am so glad you are getting to take Joey to the pediatrician. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with Medicaid. I found a great Pedi at Spring Creek and Custer if you are interested. I dont know if she takes Medicaid or not. You can email me at amychinton@gmail.com if you want the info. Oh and I have started calling Nate Squeekers because of the cute noises he makes. DH calls him Mr Wiggles. Too Cute! Oh and Nate is also eating 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours. His schedule is wake up, change diaper, eat, maybe play if he stays awake (this has only happened twice) and back to sleep he goes.

Kristen- Madison is just lovely! She has beautiful big eyes. What a looker she is! Nate always falls alseep while we are feeding him. We have never had the chance to just lay him down to go to sleep. I dont know how that will go with him. Usually he falls asleep. We swaddle him and then lay him in the pack n play. I hope it gets better for you with the sleeping.

Eileen- You have such a beautiful family. Daniel is a handsome boy! What a lucky lady you are!

AFM - Today DH is tearing out our master closet to put in the new closet system. What a project he is taking on. Mom and I are hanging with Nate. We had a much better night last night since he didnt have any breastmilk yesterday. I am back to pumping and giving it to him with his formula today. I have had myself an emotional breakdown last night. I was just so overwhelmed. My DH and Mom are helping out so much that I started to resent it a little. Strange I know. It was just that they are taking all the baby fun away and I ended up cooking dinner, doing laundry, putting everything away, cleaning the kitchen etc. They got to feed, play, burp and have fun baby time and I didnt. I thought that is what the mommy was supposed to do. I just felt a bit left out. I am better today. Just a hormonal moment. Well baby is waking up so I must go.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:20 pm

Amy - OMG! Is it that Dr. Marcy Berry or something? That's the one we're seeing! >.< Amy, we have got to get together when you are feeling better. I think you and I could be really awesome friends and would benefit from each other's presence. I know we will be going through some of the same things. I will e-mail you with my number and address and all that my email is mutantx_matom@yahoo.com so that you know who it is. ^_~ I know how you feel about people taking away mommy fun time. Sometimes I feel like DS is so good for everyone else and when he's good for them, that's when I want to spend time with him most! I get jealous bad. heh

Shannon - Thanks for asking. His little bottom is not getting any better. We are going to the doctor monday and we are definitely going to bring it up! It really worries me. I want to give it more air time, but at the expense of damaging my moms brand new furniture and carpet? eek I may try to keep it as dry as possible. DF got a really crappy paycheck this week so we haven't been able to get the cornstarch. My mom is going to help us out with groceries (she's such a saint). Anyways, that's how THAT is going.. Sad

AFM - My mom told me today that my grandmother is getting worse in the hospital. She's been in the hospital for over a year now and didn't even know I was pregnant. We got pregnant out of wedlock and I knew I'd get a come-to-jesus talk from her about how we should have been married first but whatever. Anyways, now she's got cancer in her rectum, fluid in her buttocks, and her abscess is back in her abdomen. They can't do any surgery so they are basically pumping her with drugs. What kills me is that they wouldn't have even known about this if she hadn't fallen out of her wheelchair and busted her head open(don't ask its a long story)! So we have to see her Tuesday. I hope she waits til then. We don't know how long she's had the abscess or cancer, so it may not be long before we lose her. I want her to at least SEE Joseph even if she can't hold him or anything. Anyways, it kind of bummed me out. I gotta go take care of the little person now, so.. Have a good weekend girls!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Michelle- Anytime they start to feel loose, you can pull them off...I pulled mine off like a day or so after getting home last time, this time they left my staples in for a week so I didn't need the strips, last time I stayed in the hospital longer so I had my staples out after 4 days...anyway, get them nice and wet in the shower and they will come off easier. I think they suck because they trap moisture easier.

Amy- Such cute nicknames!!!!! Ummm, and someone who is recovering from a c-section, not to be mean or anything, because I am sure they mean well...but the help you should be getting is with all the things that you are doing, and you should be doing what they are doing....it sounds like things are backwards there. All the lifting and standing for dinner is going to prolong your recovery...my dr. told me I wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier than the baby for at least two weeks...of course it has been impossible, but my recovery is taking longer because I can't follow directions.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Kim - I ended up only having half a tubal which is the same as no tubal - they tied my left tube but when they went to tie the right one, it was too close to a blood vessel so they couldn't do it. Hence, the tubal didn't take....

Amanda - the snuggle nest is a co-sleeper that you have in bed with you. it's a safe place for the baby to me while in bed with you -- we got ours at babies r us - so totally worth it!

Time to go veg on the couch since we spent the morning gets pictures taken of DD and then running errands.....i'm wiped out!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks for the strips tips Kim.. I just got out of the shower too.. dang it. I do think they trap the moisture. I'll need to get them off soon I think. I had staples last time so I had to wait like a week and a half or so to get them out.

Is anyone else's belly really itchy?? Unfortunately I've been scratching so much I have tiny little scratch scabs all over. I've tried to stop and put cortizone on it, but it really doesn't help. Err..

Oh.. I missed the nicknames, will have to go back for that. I call Dominic, Mister.. or Mister Moo..because he always seems hungry. One of SO's friends called him K3 before he knew we didn't name him junior, but I thought it was cute.. and wouldn't mind if they called him that. Tatzeanna just calls him brother..hehe
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:51 pm

Bekah - YES! That is my Pediatrician. I LOVE HER! I am glad you are going to see her. You will love her and her nurses. Her office is the cutest too. The rooms are all done in different themes. Let me know how it goes and what you think of her. I am also sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Kim - I know what you mean. My mom started out great with helping and somewhere it went to hanging out and making bigger messes. I dont know how that happened. So I feel like I have to clean up after everyone. Today is her last day here and I am ok with that. I also want her to have some good Grandma time too. So I think after she leaves and we get things rolling more smoothly. DH and her are also the ones making me rest. I am no good at it and I even laid on the couch for an hour today and never fell asleep. I tried though.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next