Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woo Hoo - It's October!

+13
Kristen
ladydy
Chaycethedogs
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
wyo_mommy
tweetie462
eve2008
jessijennings
mythreesons
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
mnelson80
17 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 9 Empty Re: Woo Hoo - It's October!

Post by eileen bauer Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:04 pm

Heather- so sorry! as far as the 2 yr old i am with you there mine is having the same issues and all i can think of is to make sure i get some specific quality time with him during the evening. so sorry it is so hard on you right now. i would be an an emotional wreck...oh wait i am already you are a tough woman even if you don't feel like it and you will make it through this.
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Sounds like we are all going through the same thing. Dominic will sleep 4-5 hours during the day about 1 1/2 -2 at night.. ugh. I did a ton of erands today even though I should have been focusing on keeping him awake. I just let him sleep and took him all over town.

I am also have the tantrum syndrome over here. Tatzeanna has really started to talk back and just plain not listen. It's really agravating. She loves her brother but acts up for us. Hopefully we get back into the swing of things rather quickly.

Heather - So sorry about hubby's job. I'm watching my company go down the tubes as well. Last Wed they called and I had to sign some paperwork that stated everyone in the company was taking a hour cut back to 32 hours a week. Effectivly giving up all a 20% pay cut.. which sucks because I was already cut to 75% while on leave.. so I guess that means I've been cut to 55%. Ouch!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Bekah- as far as little Joey having pooping issues, I learned an old trick to helping that from my mom and used it with my other two children when they had troubles even as newborns, use a little bit of Dark Karo syrup and put it into their bottle with the formula. It should help to get his BM moving a bit better, always worked with mine.

Shannon- YIKES!!! I hope there wasn't an egg in waiting already. Hopefully you are not preggie again LOL. although it is not uncommon to end up pregnant quickly after just giving birth. Let us know how that turns out.. Darn condoms should come with reinforced latex to prevent breakage.

Amy- I am so with you on the whole hubby not doing well on lack of sleep..my hubby doesn't do well either thats why I have to get up with baby every two hours when he wants to eat and also why I have to get DS up and ready and off to school because hubby just wants to sleep. matter of fact he is napping right now too lucky him

Heather- I am with you on not being sure about finances I dunno what we are gonna do either rent and car payment is due in like 2 weeks and hubby has been collecting unemployment(our only income source) up till now and that has paid bills and car payment but he just got his last check last week so I am worried how we will make our bill now. hoping we don't have to move to my mil I hate it there.... and with 3 kids now plus her daughter her hubby and baby living there I do not think it would work. Hoping God has a miracle in store for us though. He has been job hunting but as you probably know michigan sucks in that aspect...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Wow ladies can I relate to the lack of sleep. I came on to the site because I was feeling bad thinking that I didn't want Madison to grow too quickly but I couldn't wait until we had more of a schedule. Sleeping better and being able to just sit and not be held so much! She didn't sleep great last night and fussed most of today. I am beyond exhausted!!

Hope your nights go better tonight!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Is 8pm too early for bed?For me?

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 pm

no shannon 7pm was mine until the baby woke me up for his bottle...lol maybe if i just slept all day and was up all night with the baby life would be better?...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 am

This is gonna sound horrible but it's nice to know I'm not the only one with sleep issues. Brenden slept in 3 hour intervals yesterday...during the day. Last night hubby worked a late shift (4pm-1am) and I was nervous at first but the evening went so smoothly. I woke Brenden up at 7:30 and gave him a bath while Dawson was in the shower. When they were both done we sat and watched one of Dawson's cartoons. Brenden and I both took Dawson upstairs to bed and I also took Brenden in his room to watch his mobile. Everything was so good...I should have known it was about to go sour. I gave Brenden his bottle at 9pm and he went down at 9:30. I thought this is gonna be OK. I got the house ready for the night and made bottles....I was in bed by 9:45. Then it started! He was up at 10:30, 12:30, 1:45, 3:30, 5:00 & 6:30. Each time eating between 3 and 4 ounces which takes like 30 minutes to feed and burp so by the time I got back to bed I was only able to sleep a few minutes and he was up again. At 6:30 hubby got up with him even though he has to be back at work at 9 this morning. I have to get 1st DS to school by 7:15 for Chess Club....what the hell is up with this waking all hours of the night and eating so much????? I feel like I am over feeding him but the little dude is STARVING all of the time!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:03 am

Last night was much better for us...I am hoping for a trend, but I am feeling that isn't going to happen...and for my sanity sake DH took the 3:30 feeding so I could sleep more....we have been going to bed by 9-9:30 ourselves.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:40 am

I actually did go to bed by about 8:30 last night..I think both of my older boys were still awake in their room when I hit the pillow...I slept until 2:30am and Luc woke up for breakfast(or lunch or dinner?)and I fed him and pumped and was back asleep by 3:30am and then he woke up at 7am...That's how it is most nights with him...My friend made a suggestion about increasing my water intake to increase my milk...Not sure if that's what did it but I've pumped twice today(at 2:30am and again at 7am) and have managed to pump about 5oz with still enough to feed Lucas.So will try again same thing today.I have milk with breakfast lunch and dinner then drink water all day in between...

Rash Mystery Possibly Solved- I took out all the stuffed animals and no rash today for Brady!!! I wanted to really know what caused the rash so I didn't clean everything because then I wouldn't be able to narrow it down.I figured if the stuffed animals didn't do it then today something else would get pulled out as well...So far so good! Keep your fingers crossed girls!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 am

you're so scientific Shannon! I probably would have done the same thing! I'm that way, I want to know what it is that's actually causing it. Maybe he played outside one day and brought in whatever was on his clothes and it rubbed off on a teddy bear or something? who knows?! good luck finding out what cause it, hun!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 am

We ahd the best night so far!!! We got 9-1am sleep and fussed till 2 then went to sleep until 5, then slept again until 9am!!! OMG I am so tired still but i ahve no reason to be!!! I think the new formula is causing daniel to have less gas so he is sleeping mroe that and I am keeping him awake during the day in teh afternoon. Sorry I konw we are all ahving bad nights and don't want to make anyone feel down but there is hope!!! there is hope and promise ina good nights sleep and it will come!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 am

Shannon - That is so great that so far so good today. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you have found the culprit.

Eileen - Yeah for a good nights sleep. Its amazing once you get them. I am happy with my 3 hour spurts at the moment. I am hoping once he starts eating more they last longer.

AFM - I was up early today. I stayed up after Nate's 6:30 AM feeding. I had some chores to do around the house before my friend comes over at 10 this morning. Now all is done except bathing Nate and getting him dressed. I actually am wearing street clothes today. I am out of my PJs and my hair is done and I have make up on. That is crazyness for me these days. I am sure my DH is happy to see me not looking like hammered poo. We are also leaving the house for the first time (other than the Dr's office) today. We are going to the grocery store! Whee! We may even get adventurous and go to the Best Buy to get something to watch in the middle of the night. We have already gone through all of our series.
Oh and I was wondering - is anyone else's little one a noisy sleeper? Nate makes so many noises while sleeping. He laughs, crys, squeeks, babbles everything. I didnt know if this was a normal thing. Just curious. Well, he seems to be waking up. I gotta get him ready.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:19 am

Don't mind me just playing with pics...I just figured out how to add them on here...LOL..Yes I'm a bit slow with stuff like this...It took me months to figure out on OBBC.Thats a pic of my oldest DS, Dylan, and DH, Brian, and Lucas.
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:08 pm

Amy- Yes...Landree is a squeaky sleeper and it drives me nuts. ODD wasn't like this, and every little thing wakes me up. Funny thing is she doesn't make a peep if she is asleep on you...and I am trying my hardest not to get into that habit.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:18 pm

argh i keep trying to get caught up and it just seems impossible no matter what im doing its like i should be doing something else..

all this kid does is eat! and when he's not eating i need to be sleeping but its like .. im selfish i want to LIVE IN SUN lol I feel like smelly vampire mommy..

my husband and me actually found ourself awake alive and alert at the same time in the house today while the baby was asleep and we where like wow.. what now?
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone had a good day! I actually got out of the house for about 2 hours to go to the store and my mom watched Maddie. It felt weird, but nice to get a little fresh air and me time.

Shannon- My obgyn told me if I was able to to try to pump one breast at the same time as feeding on the other breast. It sounds hard, but she said something about the baby sucking brings in a good milk supply and you get your best pumping that way. I don't know if that makes sense, but that is what she has suggested. I'm still waiting for my pump to come in, I'm really looking forward to it! She also said to drink a ton of water because you need it for you and the baby.

Michelle- Madison is eating like that too. It seems like when she is done, she wants to eat again. Her dr. said around 2 and 6 weeks they go through growth spurts and might be hungry a lot more.

Kim- I so know what you mean about not wanting to get the little one in the habit of sleeping with you. Madison loves it, and it's hard not to just grab her when I'm on a lack of sleep.

Amy- Maddie squeaks and grunts a lot in her sleep. She also does some major twitching, almost like quick little convulsions. The first night I saw it, I called the dr. and she said it was fine. Then I mentioned it to her dr. at her appt. I know babies jerk their bodies, but I've never seen a baby twitch like this! It freaks me out. The drs. say it's perfectly normal as long as it's for a few seconds and she stops, which she does. Having a newborn is def. scary!

Have a great night ladies!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:00 pm

Kristen- I actually do pump at the same as Luc eats...Its a challenge but I think your doc is right.

Does anyone's LO have a day where all they do is sleep?

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:40 pm

So I am feeling like the worst mommy ever. I have spent the whole evening in tears just feeling like how dare I become a mom. First failing at BF-ing and pumping. I know he will be fine on formula. I even know siblings - one breast fed one formula fed and the formula fed baby was a much healthier baby than the breast fed one. I just wanted to and my son is the one who rejected me on it - how bad does that make a person feel... My DH also informed me he goes back to work on Thursday when this whole time I thought he would be going back to work on Monday and I am just not prepared for him to go back 2 days early. Then I was talking with a friend this morning about child care and she refered me to her kids day care and it looks like an awesome place. My kid would be lucky to go there. I just cried and cried reading the website. Just knowing I was going to have to give him up to other people. I mean, I just got him and now I am planning to give him away. It just breaks my heart. That and they will be teaching him things I want to be teaching him. They will probably do a much better job than I would because they are trained professionals but i still want to be a part of it. Not that I wont have any part, but I am going to miss so much that I dont want to. Its just so hard. I have no choice. I have to go back to work. Like I said I am just feeling so bummed about it. I thought I would share. My DH doesnt really understand. He thinks I am being more hormonal than anything. Partly true I am sure but they are based on true feelings. Ugh... enough of my rambling I just had to share with someone.

Have a good night ladies - I hope they are restful ones!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:38 pm

Amy and Kim - I agree! My DS squeaks and growls in his sleep as well as coughs and laughs. I spend almost every waking moment making sure he's okay. I can barely ever get sleep for fear that the one time I'm asleep and he coughs, it'll be THAT ONE TIME and he'll be gone! I freak out so bad!

Gotta go, baby woke up. he's such a hungry little monster! TTYL ladies!

Amy - I swear, If I wasn't moving or a helpless FTM I would totally take your baby in and take care of him with mine! But.. since I have very little experience with babies, I can't. I wish I could help you out. I know how scary it seems to put your baby's life in the hands of someone else. But that is why you should REALLY look for a place that has high security and positive staff members. My sister takes her boys to KinderCare and they have really intense security so that kids don't wander off or get picked up by a stranger. You have to have a door code, a code for your children than you have to enter in a sign-in, sign-out computer, and if you have someone else pick them up, you have to call them in advance and that person has to provide their driver's license so that they can make a copy of it! It's way hardcore and I think pretty cheap. My sister is strapped for cash and she still keeps them there, so it must be pretty cheap and still fantastic! But look around, you'll find someone you trust to watch your LO when you head back to work. When does your Maternity Leave end again? Also, just know that no one is better at taking care of your baby than you! You are doing what you have to do to keep food in his stomach, clothes on his back, and a roof over his head! Just spend as much time as you can with him when u get home and believe me, it will be just fine. He will thank you someday for all the effort you made to keep him alive and in good spirits! Keep your chin up Amy, and if you ever need me, give me a call. I'm going to send you my phone number in a PM okay? Call me ANY time! ^_^ We plano girls gotta stick together! Wink

Last edited by rocknrollmommy616 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy77 Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:56 am

Jessi - I know your world is just turned upside down, and it feels like you just can't do it. Keep your head up!! You'll all be on a good schedule soon and you'll feel much better. You are doing great!!

Amy - I know it hurts to have to take your baby to someone else to take care of him instead of you. It is heart breaking. That's not hormones that is just reality. No one wants to miss time with their kids. You feel like you have let them down somehow and that you are doing something wrong. It doesn't feel fair, and it's not fair that we have to work away from our children. I have been a single mom for 12 years and I know how hard it is, especially the first year, and the first time, you have to go back to work. It will get better, I promise. Those caregivers at the day care will be spending time with your LO. They will be doing things with them while you are away, but they are not taking your place. They can never take the place of a loving and caring mother, and don't worry about them teaching him things. You are the one that is going to have to do that. Even at the best daycare, they rarely have enough one on one time to teach a baby new things. You will do most of the teaching one on one with him at home. Try not to be so down on yourself. Chin up dear. Think of how happy you are going to be to see him everyday after work.
mandy77
mandy77

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:36 am

Amy - I completely understand how you feel. With my first DS I had a daycare all picked out but when he was born so early with congenital defects I decided I would stay at home and take care of him myself. Afterall, my profession was nursing. We did the cut the income in half thing and struggled for over a year when I went back to work PT. I don't know if I would have actually stayed home if he hadn't been so sick....mommy's need their own life also. When I found out I was preggo with Brenden I had just started a bakery/catering company and was really taking off. I had spent the past 3 years working on this business and it was a tough decision...what do I do? Well, it just so happened that someone made an offer on my shop while I was tossing around the idea of closing up or finding daycare. I sold the shop. I miss it dearly...but am so thankful I was given the opportunity to stay home with my second child. I guess my point it...everything works itself out. You have to follow your heart and decide what is best for your family. It's amazing the amount of money we "think" we need and the new things we "think" we have to have and it's also amazing how our children respond to caregivers and always having someone to play with in a daycare setting. Don't feel horrible...you are raising a kid in the 21st century!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 am

Amy - i understand where you are coming from, but don't feel like you don't deserve to be a mom - you are doing what you have to do to give your child the best life you can, and that's what counts! even though i am able to bf (and did for the other 2), i don't produce enough so i have to supplement (and did with the other 2) with formula...at times, i wonder if it's worth doing both, but i know that i do it because it's what my child(ren) need(ed). You will have days where nothing seems to go right and all your DH can do is hold you while you fall apart which is the hardest thing for them to do because most men want to fix the problem and there's nothing that they can fix -- i know that's how my DH was when i was a FTM...whenever i had a meltdown (which at times seemed daily) instead of holdig me and listening he immediately tried to fix it which made it worse. He learned, and so by the time #2 came 'round he knew to hold and listen until i asked for him to fix something and now with #3, he tries to fix it before i realize he's fixing it! just hang in there and know that we are here for you!

AFM: i so need sleep! I was excited about the snuggle nest -- especially when it appeared that Logan liked it...that was short lived....he doesn't stay in it longer than about 5-10 minutes so the last couple of nights i've been sleeping with him on me in my rocking chair because that's the only way i can get him to go to sleep! he's liking the swing, so i'm thinking of having DH bring it upstairs at night so we can put in there, but then he has to remember to bring it back down in the morning so i can use it during the day, so i don't know if he'd always remember (mornings are so chaotic these days)......i just know that I NEED SLEEP!! DD doesn't have pre-school today, but thankfully my mom is going to come pick her up for the day so maybe i'll get to snooze on the couch for a bit. I was going to do laundry today, but my body is rebelling on me and going up and down the basement stairs is just asking for problems...if Logan wasn't up so much during the night I would think about moving him into his room but i'm still so sore when i have to get up with him at night that i'm trying to limit my walking around...but i'm starting to go insane from the lack of sleep...i don't even think this post is making much sense...i feel like i'm rambling on and on, so i think i'm going to stop now and go check on DD - it's WAY too quiet (usually a bad sign)...i'll try to check in again later....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:39 am

Elise- Yeah silence in my house is never good either!!!One time when I was working and DH was sleeping instead of watching the boys, he called me at work to ask me to bring home more grated cheese and butter.I told him I'd just bought some the day before to make lasagna and we were out of butter so I picked that up.Well turns out that they buttered all of my dogs(had 2 Great Danes and 2 smaller dogs-about 30lbs and 50lbs) and then sprinkled all the cheese on them so when DH walked out of our room the dogs were all licking each other...Giving 2 Danes baths is NOT an easy task in the winter time...LOL...Hope your DD didn't get into to much!!!

Amy-{{HUGS}}Honey you so deserve to be a momma and are good at it too!!! It is hard leaving them when they are so little! But you do need time for just you even if it is just too work...You will be so much more relaxed when you see him...And by the way you didn't fail at breastfeeding...Don't think that way...My first 2 I formula fed exclusively and my oldest one is really healthy and my second one has health issues. I think that you're doing great as a mom!!!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks for all of your support ladies. I was having a rough nigh last night. Add in the lack of sleep and I was a mess. I am better this morning. Still feeling guilty but can look at it in a different light. I guess that is progress. That and there is just so much mommy guilt out there to be had. I just have to realize that this will work out and he will be fine - happy even. He wont be calling the day care people mommy that is just for me. Thanks again - I was seriously having a moment.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:02 pm

AMy- don't worry moments happen, and I too am ahving a hard time this is my third and i still everytime am like "I have to go back to work?" it jsut doesn't seem right. But liek you said htey know mommy all of my kids have been in childacre so I can tell you they don't forget. My 8 yr old went when she was just 6 weeks and she is fine now and loves mommy and daddy so dont worry. {{{hugs}}}

Eileen

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next