Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woo Hoo - It's October!

+13
Kristen
ladydy
Chaycethedogs
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
wyo_mommy
tweetie462
eve2008
jessijennings
mythreesons
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
mnelson80
17 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Woo Hoo - It's October! - Page 2 Empty Re: Woo Hoo - It's October!

Post by wyo_mommy Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:17 am

YAAAY ladies, its our month! It's so awesome to see all these little ones popping up here and there. Can't wait to find out more on Tuesday about mine. Getting REALLY anxious. Today was my bday, was hoping it'd be the day for baby, too...but probably not. I *think* i've been having contractions tho -- not sure if they're BH or not because they're lower back to, like, where my ovaries are...and not very regular. WEIRD! i didnt have contractions with DH until my induction date. We'll see....
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Happy Birthday! Hope you had some fun.

I've been having really irregular contx too. I'm not very interested in them, because I KNOW they won't be sending me into labor. I'm just so ready to move on with this whole thing. I feel kind of crappy today. Mostly because I did the bills and realized how stinking in the hole I am No doesn't make for a very relaxed day.

I just want to lay around, but I have stuff I should be doing. Plus SO turns to a major butt about everything if I lay around. LAME. I pretty much don't care right now though.. LOL get mad.

Hope everyone else is having a great sunday.. hopeing to hear from Kim and Joy soon about their little ones!!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Good luck joy and i hope your induction goes smoothly. Don't forget to post lots of pics or at least the links to them! ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Good Luck Joy!!!!

Elise, he is just way to cute!!!

So I am home...I to am sore, but doing okay, it is quite overwhelming to be at home though...I posted Landree's stats and a link to her pictures on the birth announcement thread.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:55 pm

Joy- Good luck tomorrow!

Kim- Welcome Home!

AFM- Having a rough weekend...DH will be going back to both jobs this week and am nervous about trying to do everything and all the running around that I need to do but with 3 kids...My hips/pelvis is still really painful so it should be an interesting week.

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks for the bday wish! Smile It was a good day, for all the hobbling around i'm doing. *hehe* Everyone keeps saying "it shouldn't be much longer" - guess that's up to doc to decide on Tuesday tho LOL. I'm *HOPING* this week, tho!
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:30 pm

Happy birthday girl, and heres wishing you are sent to deliver from the doctor...lol

Kim- again your pics are so adorable!

Shannon- wow all 3 kids that is a big undertaking, is there anyone who can help? or maybe a few good movies for them to watch? you have got to slow it down and let yourself recover or you wil feel worse longer. not that i need to tell you that, just don't want to see you sick again.

AFM I have 1 week left woohoo! I am looking forward to a week with kids in childcare and school and time to get my last minute things done. The pharmacy messed up my daughters ADHD medication so now I am out of meds which is a BIG deal and they swear i picked it up and i did not(i made sure it wasn't a preggo brain thing they say i picked it up when i was at work so i konw i did not), so i have to talk to the pharmacy director tomorrow (I swear i should just make them watch my kid while not on her meds and see how they like it!) I am deceiding wether to take my daughter to schol or not tomorrow witouth medicine she is unable to sit still adn pay attention and will end up in trouble, and won't egt a thing out of it, plus i feel bad for eth class, but not sure if i can deal all day either. Taht sounds bad but i have mentiones before she is severe ADHD adn the medicine makes it so much better and without it she just can't even watch a cartoon so not sure what to do. I will definately not be nice to teh pharmacy becasue they messed up somewhere adn they can't call in perscriptions for my daughter medicine because it is a controlled substance so i will have to drive 45 min one way to the doctors office at some point i am sure to get the damn perscription to get it filled. so not loking forward to that part but happy i am off work!!!
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:16 am

Hello Everyone!

Shannon - That is so great about your rings. I cant wait to be able to wear mine again. I miss them so much. My fingers are so swollen I cant even wear the super sized ring I bought to hold me over until after birth. Grrr. Suspect

Eve & Elise - Great to hear from you two. I am happy your LOs are doing well and that y'all are too. Here is hoping they let y'all get some sleep. We miss you around here but completely understand that you are a bit busy.

Joy - I hope everything went well with your induction & that you and Jeremiah are good. Keep us posted on you and him - when you have a chance.

WYO - Happy Birthday! Here is hoping we both find out good news on our LOs tomorrow!

Kim - I am so glad you are home even if it is a bit overwhelming at the moment. Hopefully your routine will come and get in line sooner than later. Landree Kate is beautiful - dont forget to take care of yourself too!

Eileen - Girl I cant tell you how jealous I am that you are off work this week. I SO WANT TO BE HOME. I even told DH "but Eileen gets to be off work, why cant I?" He just looked at me like I had 2 heads. Getting up at 5:45 is not cool, getting ready in a timely manner is nearly impossible, walking is a joke.... I am ready to have this baby! Enjoy your week. Sorry to hear about DDs meds. It sucks when the pharmacy screws things up like that. They always have to go with the customer is trying to scam drugs route because people do it so much. The only thing is, if you are NOT trying to scam drugs and they did truly mess up its the biggest pain in the arse. I hope it all works out.

AFM - Oh my weekend started out crummy, but luckily it got better. Salvation Army was supposed to come and pick up a whole rooms worth of junk from my house on Saturday. They didnt. No They had 6 of their drivers call in and didnt have enough trucks to make the pick ups. So now we have to wait until this coming Saturday and hope they come out then. DH said that if they dont come this saturday he is taking an axe to all the stuff and we will have a bon fire in the back yard. - This was after he had to move everything to the garage. Our house is really coming together. We finished up most of the major projects this weekend. We only have one really big one left and that is to re-do the inside of our master closet. DHs hanging rods fell down. Embarassed So we went and bought a new closet system. Now we just have to take everything out of the closet and put in the new system and rehang everything. No biggie!
Our house gets cleaned tomorrow. I cant tell you how excited I am. That along with going to the Dr to see if Nate is still breech and if we will be having him on the 13th is my big events for this week. I cant wait.
Oh well, I guess I have rambled long enough.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:38 am

OHHH Amy! What kind of stuff r u getting rid of? I'm so jealous that you still get to have your LO in October. I'm totally glad I had Joseph when I did, but I would have liked to have had him in October as planned. But just think... if he was 8lb 12oz when he was born(2 weeks early), he'd have been like 10lbs if he'd been born on time!!!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:49 pm

amy you need to slow down on the home improvment lady!!!! you are about to have a baby!...lol no heavy lifting for you! and i am so sorry you are still at work. I coulnd't make it anymore.

Bekah you are so right you would of had a very big baby! our bodies somehow just know. one way or anohter.

Okay lazy statement coming...I guess i should get showered and dressed today, gotta go...lol

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:58 pm

I with ya Amy.. I'm jealous of Eileen.. My job is making me crazy!!! cyclops
They are still throwing all the crap at me like I'm actually going to be here to take care of it. Eerrrr... I wish I was at home, however I know the time would tick away even slower there.

SO is finally starting to realize baby is coming.. and soon. But all he's worried about is moving the computer and me finding someone to drive DD to school. Woo Hoo.. big helper aleart!!

Down here in South Austin, it looks like it could pour down at any moment. I wish it would. For some reason rain sounds really soothing right now. Probably because the work I have to do is making my skin crawl.. lol!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:03 pm

Bekah - Lets see stuff we are getting rid of:

Entertainment Center, Dining table w/ 4 chairs, exercise bike, tv stand, 2 garbage bags of linens (full size bedding), 2 fake trees, bed side table, an old tv, stereo, box of drinking glasses, printer, scanner, a 60 CD changer, living chair, 2 drawer file cabinet and pretty much whatever else we can find. Its all about getting rid of everything in my house. We feel so much more free with everything gone! Salvation Army is really wanting the stuff they just have to come and get it. We dont have a truck or man power to get ride of the big stuff.

I am a bit jealous you already have your LO. I am really getting ready to have him. I am just about done being pregnant. Its getting where walking and just everyday existing is so uncomfortable. I am kind of hoping he is still breech so that I have a day that it ends. Then again I hope he flipped and its a surprise. I am just glad in a way he is making this decision - with a little outside help. Wink
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Okay, so I've spent the last hour reading posts and trying (can't hardly bend down) to do some laundry! I have to be quick as Brenden will be up for a feeding any moment! I just wanted to say that I'm so glad to have found everyone again! It's amazing how fast our LO's are coming! All of the pics are so freakin' cute!

We are working on creating some kind of schedule. It's very hard to do with a newborn though. I remember getting Dawson on a great schedule when he was about 5 months old. I don't think I can last that long this time!! LOL This newborn stage is all new to me considering Dawson was nearly 3 months old when he came home from the hospital! My hubby went back to work today. Between the hurricane and birth he had been home for 3 weeks. I know he was ready to go back and get things somewhat back to normal again but I can honestly say I wish he were here! Any other time I'd kick his rear back to work....3 weeks at home is A LOT!! LOL Anyway, my best friend from back home (Oklahoma) will be here Thursday for a long weekend! I'm so psyched!

Hope ya'll have a fabulous Monday! -Michelle
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Anyone seen Jessi around lately?? I wonder if her LO made an enterance this weekend. She's usually posted something by now...??
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey guys!

Bet Joy is getting to hold her new LO now or sometime soon!

Amy- Wow that is alot of stuff to get rid of!But it's so exciting when your house finally starts to look like how you've got it pictured in your head!When is your last day at work?

Eileen- That's a tough call about your daughter.I hope you gave them he** at the pharmacy!On one hand you don't want your DD to miss school but on the other hand she won't get anything out of it without her meds(neither will anyone else) but then again that's alot of kid to handle especially when your at the end of being preggo so it's not like you have the energy to give her things to occupy her...What did you decide to do?Unfortunately, no there's really no one around to help.It's the same thing with trying to figure out who would have my kids if I went into labor on my own.There's really no one around during the day because everyone works and before in a really tight pinch my mom could come out or the boys grandpa could come out but now they are down to the one car so that doesn't work...I'm trying to take it slow...But not much I can do...

Bekah- I'm with you girl on being a little sad that we didn't have October babies, but your DS was bigger than mine and I know mine would have ended up big too...Although he still seems so teeny to me.Hey are you still breastfeeding?

wyo_mommy- Happy Belated Birthday!What fun things did you do?

Michelle(chayce)- I wish my DH was here too...He drives me crazy when he is here but I'd rather have him here right now than not here...If nothing else just so I can take a nap!

mnelson80-Yeah I was wondering where Jessi's been...Maybe her Christopher has made his debut!

AFM-I'm on here typing because I have to stay awake to pic up my DS#1 in less than an hour and if I close my eyes then now way will I stay awake...Had a doc apt today with my regular doc and at the weigh in guess how much I weighed...255lbs!!!! WHen I found out I was preggo I was 296lbs...The day I delivered I was 270lbs!So I can definetly say that I'm back to my pre-preggo weight...Well the pre-preggo weight from my second DS....LOL...Very inspiring so will continue to eat healthy and try to drop more weight!!!Have a good day ladies!Off to make beef stew(not sure if I can tolerate beef yet or not so should be interesting!)

SHannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Shannon
I’m convinced your super woman..

Kim
Welcome home!

Eileen
You still shower and dress.. like daily? Even when no one is around? Wow lol
I have to say nightgowns have become a fashion statement with me, they fit they cover im good..

Amy
Lets see, Ill take the entertainment center (saw a really cute redo in a diy mag to make it into a laundrey station compleat with a little ironing board on the side. The linens (we have a full size bed.. it’s the only bed we have, every time we talk about getting a queen dh goes but then I would have to hike to cuddle you! .. I cant get over how cute he is about it so full sized stayed..) ill take the Christmas tree.. we don’t have one. The file cabinet.. lol you should just empty your house into mine if I don’t need it another military wife does.. its impossible to throw stuff away around here…
It was pretty funny on our other base they had this once a month junk pile thing and you could haul your stuff up there and get rid of it a little later in the week I’m over at a friends house and I’m seeing all this stuff we took to the junk pile at her house I finally figured out a way to mention it and she started laughing and told me she had been thinking the same thing apparently a few things that where new to our house had been saved from the junk pile and where her cast offs..
I remember by the end of the week when stuff was suppose to be picked up that junk pile was pretty slim it should a just been a swap pile.

Michelle
Awwwh such a cute baby, I have those same monkey things on my car seat and BOY did they chew me out at safe kids when I went to get it installed they said something about them interfering with the natural folding of the baby’s shoulders in a wreak.. but.. they keep his neck safe! Bah

Lol thanks for wondering about me but nope im still here and with baby, weekends are a bit hard for me to get on with DH buzzin about he takes a lot of attention.. plus he canablizes my computer to run his gaming rig sometimes..
This weekend we did cleaning and church I actually got him to get down with Clorox wet wipes and clean the base boards and those patches of floor under the cabinets that never seem to get moped well enough.. our kitchen is sooo clean its lovely.. I moped twice and we packed the hospital bag.. well sorta we gathered all the things that are suppose to go in it and washed them lol

jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Amy- I agree...you seriously have to slow down!!! My goodness, you are the most productive person I know on the weekends.

My DH is home until Sat...it is really really nice and a pain in the ass at the same time. Yesterday we were all napping and I had to let him stay napping when ODD got up...and here I thought I was the one who just had a baby.

So my breasts are feeling fuller and I get drops when I pump, but no sign of my milk actually coming in yet...it has been 48 hours since birth this morning...I am going to give it a few more days and then I am done and just doing formula.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:24 pm

That is just the cutest picture Kim.. I sure how my DD reacts that way to her new brother. She's very excited to meet him, but I hope that excitement doesn't promptly turn to jealousy.

I also feel ya on the milk production thing. I had very low production last time and so I'm a little worried about it this time as well. I'm in the same boat though, if it doesn't work.. god invented formula. LOL
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 pm

Michelle (Chayce)- I am so glad you made it over here! Yeah! Your boys are precious! I was told my LO has a big head too. That would be his daddy's side of the family. Cool Another reason I wont be too upset if we have to have the C-section... I hope things get in order for you soon and that schedule falls into place.

Shannon - My last day of work (if I am having the C-Section) will be Friday and then the C on Monday. If he is flipped we just wait and I work up until i go into labor. BLAH!

Jessi - If you want this stuff you are more than welcome to come and get it. I dont care where it goes as long as it is out of my house. Let me know if you need directions OK and TX - very close!

Kim - We have been super busy but we have where this week we dont have a lot to do during the week so we can rest. Most everything is done. Then hopefully next weekend we just do the closet thing and rest before the baby comes. I have always been this way. The more I do the more I find to do and I dont sleep a whole lot. My DH swears I am not human because he falls asleep way before I do and I do more than he does. I just get restless and have to do something. That is why my DH is always yelling at me to sit my butt on the couch and put my feet up. LOL Laughing And Michelle (mnelson80) is right. That is the cutest picture in your siggy. Love it!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:30 pm

yeah im in the middle of Oklahoma and we already did the tx to ok drive once this year. We drove from san antonio to oklhoma city it was tuff on me and i was waaaay less pregnant then now Razz
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm

I'm a dork...posting on the Sept board still...

Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA since last week and missed all kinds of stuff.

Michelle, Kim & Elise...great pics!! They are all so adorable.

AFM:Well, last Thursday I lost my plug and I really thought I would have some action this weekend but NOTHING!! So, as of right now still set for 6am, Wed induction. I went Friday and got a pedicure and I go today for a hair cut & highlight so maybe my after pics won't be too horrid!
My last DA is tomorrow afternoon, hopefully I've dilated some on my own.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Jessi- You made my day calling me super woman Very Happy ...Thanks!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:53 pm

wow girls glad everyone is getting a chance to post! As for the pharmacy they are having to pull their video tapes to see if it was me or my husband who picked up the medicine or who exactly did get it. Frustrating but ohwell, I knew they would have to do something like that. the down side is it wil take till tomorrow. The good news is i found some of my daughters old medicine so she has that. it works just wears off too soon and makes her moody but it is better than nothing. I started worrying what if i did pick it up and just forgot it when they said they were going to get the tapes with preggo brain, but even if i did it and totaly forgot there is no charge in my bank account and i never have that much cash on hand. So we shall see. This is so what I need this week!

Then hubby goes and buys an IPOD for like $250 even though he has a small one i guess he bought the bigger one. So I go to lunch with my mom and my daughter today at olive garden got the all you can eat soup, salad, and breadsticks, plus we all had dessert, a girls thing. So $40 later yeah i know a lot of money but he is upset with me! I was like oh hell no not after your ipod are you going to make me feel bad. He also bought $200 worth of cloths for himself because he went up in a size in jeans by the way and got a bunch of shirts. So he has spent $500 on himself this last week. I got diaper pails, a baby monitor, cloths for the 2 yr old, and lunch and he is mad about the lunch saying we aren't suposed to be spending like crazy! I was like whatever I wanted to enjoy a nice lunch before i have this baby. So grrrr don't feel like he has a right to be mad at me, but whatever. All I have to say is that pumpkin cheese cake was better than sex! and it is not like i will be eating anything but salad after this baby anyways...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 pm

mmmummh ive been craving pumpkin cheesecake soooooo bad, DH wont let me get it every time we are at barns and noble it looks at me from that little glass cabnit and goes oh jessica i taste sooo good lol

DH keeps saying next time, i figure if i haven't hit next time by thanksgiving im gonna hit those after thanksgiving sales and just get the stuff to make it myself and eat the whole damn cake...
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:14 pm

Hi Ladies!
I've just caught up on everyone's posts and there are too many too respond to right now, but I wanted to say Congrats to all those who had their little ones! They are all so beautiful!! To those of you still waiting, it will be here before you know it.

So, last Monday- the 29th, I went for my da. My blood pressure was high, so the dr. took me out of work. To top things off, she was concerned because the baby hadn't dropped (she could feel a space between the baby's head and my pelvis) which was so not normal at 39 weeks. She sent me for a growth scan to see if we were looking at a huge baby, had me do some blood work and set up an appt. for Wed to check on things. The blood work came back normal and the baby was weighing about 7.2 lbs, so she wasn't sure of what was going on. One thing knew she spoke of an induction and if the baby didn't drop a possible c-section. So, I was totally upset I had not anticipated things going like this. By Wed. morning, my blood pressure was still high and the baby had not dropped ( on Mond. she also made me 1 cm dilated in hopes this would get things going on their own). So she sent me to the hospital to be induced ( I should mention she was going on vacation the following week and I had told her if I had to be induced I really wanted it to be by her). They started me on pitocin and around lunch a dr. came to break my water, but I was still 1cm and the baby too high so we decided to wait. After over 4 hour of pitocin my dr. came back and checked me. To my dismay I had not gotten any further, I was having back contractions and the baby still hadn't budged. So we had an option, either try cervidil and hope in 12 hours I would have gone to labor on my own or go for the c-section. I asked her what she thought (she's not one to just push for c-sections) her gut was it would end in a c-section, my gut feeling was the same especially after all we'd been trying ( I had walked the halls for over 2 hours while on the pitocin too). I felt there was a reason the baby wasn't dropping and I couldn't see going 12 more hours and then having to end it in a c-section. So, although I was really bummed, I just wanted the baby born safely. Thank God we did, my little baby was born at 5:38 p.m. When they cut me open the placenta was in a bad spot and they cut into it, and then the baby had the cord snug around the neck. It could have been horrible if the baby had dropped with the cord that snug! They had to put the baby on oxygen for a few seconds, and everything was then fine. So my dh and I welcomed a beautiful baby girl Madison Elaine into the world on Oct. 1st! She weighed 6 bs 15 1/2 ozs. I will try to learn how to post pics and do so.

Sorry for the novel, it's been a few days and I had too much to share!!
Thinking of you all!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next