Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Doctor's Appointments

+7
RobbieandLexisMommy
sanderson0705
PolloLoco75
tweetie462
Kim
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

September Doctor's Appointments Empty September Doctor's Appointments

Post by mnelson80 Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:48 pm

I have my 34 week, on Sept 4th. At that time we'll schedule my growth scan. It'll probably be two weeks from then. They also have to check to see if my placenta moved up since it was low lying at my 20 week.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

September Doctor's Appointments Empty Re: September Doctor's Appointments

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:52 pm

I believe my next DA is on Sept 9th. Luckily I don't have to do any NSTs woohoo! I think all she's doing is checking my cervix, fundal height, and the baby's heartbeat. And unless something happens, that's all I'm really going in for the next few weeks... but I guess no news is good news, right? ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 pm

I have had them every week since my diagnoisis for GD...but I have a non-stress test tomorrow, a bio-physical ultrasound Wed and my OB apt on Thursday...it is like this every week.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:31 am

wow Kim, I do not envy you that schedule. bleh. That must hit your work hours pretty hard? If I recall, you're a police dispatcher, or no?
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:17 am

i have my next DA on tuesday, after my NST and then my bio-physical u/s on friday -- they're going to do the growth scan again then, so i'll know how big they are predicting this LO to be...and I'm booked with NSTs once a week and the u/s once a week until my c/s, with the DA thrown in there after the NSTs....it's a pain since all my appts are first thing in the morning, but it's better because DH gets DS onto the bus and takes DD to pre-school and then I don't have to worry about afternoon appts...
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:40 am

Wow, both you and Kim seem really booked up. No wonder your so ready for those 24 days to pass.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 pm

We both have GD, that is why we have so many apts....and yes I am ready to be done. She did fantastic with her NST today...in and out real quick.

Bekah- I am a dispatcher but I have been on leave since my June diagnosis of GD. I will go back 8 weeks post delivery.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:29 pm

oh wow. I don't know how you girls do all that. But I get antsy after a while not seeing the doc. That's okay. Next week I see her again and then its every week after that so.. maybe I'll get sick of it. Plus she's like 45 minutes away and I'm going to be wasting major amounts of gas... grrr but it's all worth it to deliver at Baylor Medical Center of Dallas! My mom was born there, I was born there, and now little Joey will be born there. YAY! ^_^ Plus, its apparently very highly ranked as far as places to have a baby... soo... should be good stuff. their L&D suites are FANTASTIC. I so can't wait!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:56 pm

My next appointment is on Sept. 9th. I will have an U/S to determine size and a regular tummy check. After that I have my 36 week appt on the 23rd (more than likely). This is supposed to be a naked appointment. pale I am not exactly sure what that means besides its pants off. I dont know why I would have to have my shirt off too. I get the cervical check, strep b test and all that jazz but I dont know why they call it the naked exam. I will be asking my doc at the next appointment to give me the full details of what I am getting into and mark my calendar for this great event. Embarassed
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Amy- I don't think my exam's were completely naked, I am thinking they were only the bottom half. I don't have checks down there until 36 weeks and at that time I am signing my paperwork for my c-section and tubal ligation.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:48 pm

I have second level II sono on thurs, hopefully she will cooperate a bit more this time, Smile, then i have lab work on 9/18 and DA on 9/25. My work put me on a 4 10's schedule so I wouldn't have to constantly be changing things around. Smile
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:16 pm

I had my DA today after my NST -- first time I was out of the NST in about 30 min....the tech stayed in the room the whole time, so I think that's why -- she had to buzz the LO about 3 times to get him to move...then I had the DA with the strep test...have a growth scan on fri at my u/s

Otherwise, things are going well...i actually gained weight this time 'round...but I'm still under from when I found out I was pg so that's good...hopefully I'll be able to keep off whatever I lose after the baby arrives and continue to lose more....I'm just at the point of "I'm done with the GD nonsense!!!"
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Sanderson...I really think there is something with these babies this year...I had to do my level II a couple of times to because of uncooperativeness, thank goodness for my need of a growth scan or else I wouldn't have known what I was having, that is how uncooperative she was.

I had my Bio-ultrasound today...normally we get the movements right away, today she wanted to showcase her practice breathing, and didn't want to move until she was proded....tomorrow is my Dr's apt.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:37 pm

I have a DA tomorrow for 33 weeks...don't think there will be anything except the usual and I get to whine and complain about all my aches and pains...will let you all know how it goes.

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:26 pm

Well, I had my appointment this morning. It was a pretty good one. BP is back to normal. YAY! They should be calling to schedule my growth U/S.. I wish I could say when it is. They'll be checking weight, position and placenta as mine was low lying at 20 weeks. We also tenitively schedules my c/s for Oct. 9th.

OB said they'll try for 8:30 am or Noon and if they can't get one of those times they'll call me back. My next appointment is Sept 19th at 2:50 and they'll start cervix checks at that point. If I'm starting to progress and baby if engaging in the pelvis we may cancel the c/s and try for VBAC.

Although for some reason a VBAC sounds scarrier than the RCS at this point.. guess I'll be waiting a few more weeks. I'll also know more after the U/S.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Your apt sounded good Michelle.

Mine was this afternoon...still 6 lbs down from pre-preg weight, my BP was still good...she felt quite bad for me with this stupid cold I have along with still having my crazy non contagious, not that many people get it rash. She is sending me for a growth scan next week along with my biophysical US. I asked her about naked visits...I only have to have one and that is at 36weeks to test for strep B...but other than that she doesn't have to check my cervix as I am having a c-section...wooo hooo
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by sanderson0705 Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Had my US today...and this little girl is determined to be CREEPY!! lol. She has moved into a breech position (not a big concern since I'll be having a CS) but she is facing outwards, sitting indian style right on my bladder. The US tech got a really good pic of her face, and honestly, seeing the boney outline with huge eye sockets was kinda creepy Smile. She was a bit more cooperative today, but it took a while. Everything looks good, she is already right around 1.8lbs and I still have at least 13 weeks left!
sanderson0705
sanderson0705

Back to top Go down

Post by eve2008 Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:26 am

i have weekly app now on tuesdays.
9/09
9/16
for now, my midwife doesnt think ill make it farther than that...lol hope shes right!
eve2008
eve2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:54 am

They stoped trying to find the Lo and just hand me the thing now days, or ask me where is he? i point they push it works better then lubing up the whole tummy and making the rounds with that mic thing..

he kicked the doc real hard though and then swam off when she was almost done. I think it surprised her she's not the reg doc just a training one I think...

I had the strep thing and the cervical check. Haven't had a grown check as you guys keep talking about so im not sure what that is but I suppose they will probably get around to it.. or maby they wont since i dont want to be induced maby they are just like whatever then the baby comes when it comes i guess..

I'm starting to get scared, I want to practice the relaxation and breathing and read over the book again but I'm having trouble finding the book..
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Jessi- the growth scan ultrasound is usually only needed if your belly measurements are measuring way off, either big or small. So if you have been measuring relatively on target they don't have a need to do one. Now those of us with gestional diabetes are also at a larger risk of having a big baby as that is what happens with uncontrolled gestional diabetes, so our Dr's will do the growth scan monthly as part of our routine.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:03 pm

hello ladies, i have my two week post partum check today. i feel almost back to normal just trying not to lift anythign heavy. well ladies im off to pump and get ready to see my little ones. take care
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:30 pm

so.. should I be highly amused that my doc said she got her finger stuck in my cervix or is it normal?
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 am

Had my weekly NST today -- the LO actually cooperated, sort of ...they only had to buzz him once to get him to wake up. yeah!! they still think he's breech, but it doesn't matter since i'm having a c/s anyway. signed all those forms too. didn't gain any weight since last week -- yeah! -- so i'm still down 4lbs from when i found out i was pg in feb....VERY excited about that -- first pg that this has happened for, of course, the real test will be once the baby is out to keep losing instead of regaining it all!

found out that i test neg for the strep B which is good -- and since I'm scheduled i don't have to have the cervix checks...

i really need to start washing the baby clothes and the nursing clothes i have in the basement, which means i have to start bugging DH to get the totes down and over to the washer rather than just telling him that I want to get these things washed...he doesn't tend to get subtle hints....

hope everyone is still feeling okay -- this head cold i've had for the past week is driving me insane, but survivable...
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:31 pm

Had my sonogram for weight and little daniel is 6pounds and 8oz right now at 34 weeks! big boy but that is normal for me. My last was 9 1/2 pounds. My next is Sept 22 and then every week from there. They don't check my cervix ever because I am having a c-sectin i guess. They said unless something happens they won't even bother does that sound right? I remember getting checked like crazy with my last but was planning on normal birth. anyways get to schedule my c-section when they call me hopefully for week 38 around the 5-12 range. I am due oct 19 but they said with him so big we will do it early.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Well I am back from my DA. This little guy is now roughly 5.5 lbs which will make him somewhere between 8 & 9 lbs at birth. He has also done a neat trick and flipped again. So we have a little breach baby on our hands. So when I have been poking him and think I have been feeling his butt, it has been his head. Now my doc refers to him as little butt head. Wheee. Oh and now DH thinks I might have been poking him in the eye when I have been playing with my tummy and wants me to stop. So I have to decide if I want to schedule an induction / c-section or wait until things progress naturally and find out if we have to have a c-section when I am in labor. Oh what to do? What to do?
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next