Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brag on your Baby!

+9
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
Chaycethedogs
jessijennings
tweetie462
mythreesons
rocknrollmommy616
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brag on your Baby! - Page 5 Empty Re: Brag on your Baby!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 am

Jeremiah does that almost instantly when laid down anywhere he roll to side and wants to roll onto tummy..like for instance last night he fell asleep in living room so I picked him up and took him to his crib laid him down and he went right to his left side and was trying to roll completely over.. I held my hand on his tummy though so he couldn't then slowly after he dozed back of moved him completely on his back. I was a bit cautious because sometimes when he is fully awake he buries his head face first in the blanket on the floor and did not want to take a chance of him doing it in the middle of his sleep and not moving it so he can still breathe.

Kim- I am sure Landree will roll over shortly here......she's just being "fashionably late" Very Happy...which is so like us girls sometimes...LOL I can still remember Faith she teethed so much later than Elijah and cut her first tooth at like 7 or 8 months unlike his first one the day before he turned 6 months old..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:09 am

Just wanted to say that within the past 2 weeks or so Jeremiah has discovered his feet and attempts to chew on them he has succeeded a few times. Also he rolls over both ways tummy to back and back to tummy alot.. He has also started vocalizing more and screeching out just merely to hear himself....and just last night I taught him how to put his tongue in between his lips and blow and make noises....of course I taught him while he was eating his dinner of carrots..nothing like a spray of pureed carrots...It was so cute though I did not care the less what kind of mess on him( or me for that matter) it made..

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:46 pm

lol that's awesome joy!

Joey is doing the exact same thing! And it's funny because i blow air out of my pursed lips, and it sounds like a raspberry, but i don't stick my tongue out. And Joey LOVES the noise but can figure out how to do it, so he tries soooo hard sometimes to do the noise. Maybe should teach him to blow raspberries with his tongue. Smile Joey's been sticking his tongue out A LOT lately. He is now rolling on to his stomach to sleep too(which i HATE but can't stop.. Sad ) but he likes to scoot around the floor and his crib. it's really fun, and also.. VERY SCARY! lol Smile also, he too has found his feet. and can't stop grabbing at them. DH thought it was amazing and then I told him, "Wait til he gets them in his mouth, you'll be amazed AND concerned lol...

Oh, and has anyone's LO started to kind of pull themselves up half way when they are in a slightly reclined seat? Like a swing or their carseat?
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:27 am

Yep Jeremiah does that often in his swing when he is sitting in it..And he can sit for a few seconds on his own with his hands out in front then he just flops to one side or the other. He too tends to roll onto his belly when sleeping...but I guess with as good as his head control is he would move his head one way or the other I am sure of.. still makes one nervous though.. everytime I see him on tummy in sleep I put him back on his back... He has also starting talking like he is telling a story.. you can hear the different pitches in his voice and he gurgles and coos and squeals out also to express himself. It is so cute... I love to sit there and respond back to him and he will get all quiet and listen to me talk then back to his talking.... I also love to pretend I am trying to nibble on his chin and he does it back growling and all... Babies are so much fun...

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:03 am

Oh yes! Brenden is always trying to pull up to a sitting position. He likes to just sit up against my leg on the floor and watch tv!! LOL! He can sit on his own but only for a few seconds. He looks like a glob of mush when he does but I think he's getting close to having strong enough back muscles to actually sit for himself pretty soon!

He finally started rolling over consistantly last week...he has been able to get half way over for quite some time but his rear end lagged behind. He's got a big butt just like I do and it just wouldn't quite go.

Joy, Brenden has started babbling like he's talking too! It really is cute! He uses his hands like he is explaining....I just love it! And the squealing and growling...he'll do it right back at me if I do it first! It's hilarious!

Another thing I've noticed is he watches EVERYTHING we all do and if we have something he like pulls himself forward to try and get it. It doesn't matter if it is food or an object, he wants whatever we have and he is quite adiment about it.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 am

Nate is also trying to sit up almost anywhere. In your lap, on the floor, etc. He always wants to sit like a big boy. He will sit on his own for a while and then just kind of falls over.
He has also learned how to Squeel and screach at a really high pitch and it amuses himself to see how loud he can get.
His new trick is to take off his socks. He thinks its really funny to have a sock in each hand after you have worked really hard to get them on his feet. I only put socks on him if we are going out of the house or if its cold in the house. Other wise let your tootsies free! DH sent me a txt msg this morning letting me know he took his socs off in the car on the way to daycare.
He also did something really sweet for the first "real" time this weekend. We were in his room in his glider trying to get him down for a nap when he leaned up and put one hand on each of my cheeks and gave me an open mouth baby kiss on the lips. Then he smiled and giggled. I tell you melt your heart wonderful!
That and he is talking up a storm. I just wish I knew what he was saying!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Amy- Lucas does that all too!! We've found for someone reason though if the socks have grippies on the bottom that he can't get them off.To bad I lost one of the socks in the pair.Drat!

Lucas loves to pull my face to his and then push it back away then pull it back. Then he squeals and lets out an earpiercing shriek! He will sit up for a few seconds but if anything exciting is going on, then ooppsy daisy there he goes. He can almost roll back to front but just as he's about to make that final move he goes back the other way...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:32 pm

it's really funny b/c If i burp(and i do when I'm in the privacy of my own home), Joey sometimes jumps and stares at me, like where did that come from? it's really funny. And his talking, to us, sounds kinda like singing. And he does that thing too, trying to pull his socks off, only it doesn't take him much b/c i think we bought too small socks, and he can kick them off in his bouncy or his car seat if we're not careful!

Does anyone's back seat of their car(the bottom part that you actually sit ON) kind of tilt inward? Our focus does (see picture below), but it makes Joey's car seat sit really far up, so far that when he falls asleep in his car seat now(i took these towels out from underneath it), his head hangs forward in a very uncomfortable looking position. So, should i roll up a towel and put it back underneath the seat? i know it's not safe, but I'm afraid falling asleep like that might mess up his neck!

Photobucket
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Bekah - if it bothered him, he wouldn't stay like that. at this point, they can sleep in weird positions that bother us to look at.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:49 am

Amy- that sound so heart-melting what Nate did. It just little things like that they do that makes being a mommy all worth it...Smile

Bekah- Just curious is he still in the infant seat or in the next size up from that? Most infant seat bases have it to where you can adjust how high the base sits the seat on the angle for that exact reason because some back seats have a major incline to them... if it the seat that can be rear and forward facing- Most of them have a release bar at the back of the seat to where you can put it up for when it is rear facing and release it down to make the seat sit up higher and level for forward facing.....if that is the kind of seat you are using you may want to check it out because that may be the reason it seems like it is sitting way to high and making him slouch forward.. I know with Faiths convertible one it has that thing on it and makes the seat sit weird if it is released in the rear facing position..

I hth and that it was not too confusing... if it was I could possibly take a picture of the thing I am referring to and show it to you in the released position for forward facing and the way it is supposed to be for rear facing...

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 am

Bekah - I'm bad...I always used the towel trick with Dawson. If he looked cock-eyed I didn't see how that could be safe but that's just me. I had a mercury cougar when we brought him home and talk about a slanted seat....it was crazy!

Amy - that is toooo cute! Brenden kisses with a small lick wherever he feels like it! I'll call DH on my cell and put it on speaker phone and as soon as he starts speaking Brenden reaches for the phone looking so excited...then before you know it a little piece of tongue comes out and the phone gets the most gentle and quick lick. I want to record him doing this but my phone is what I usually record with....LOL!

Joy - I know what you are talking about!!!! When I put Brenden in the car seat at the hospital he leaned waaaaaay forward so there we were under the overhang at the hospital removing the seat and trying to figure it out. I say we but DH did it while I watched! LOL!

My brag is this: Brenden has been sleeping so well and been in such a good mood despite coughing and snotting everywhere! He's been waking once smack in the middle of hte night so we go ahead and feed him but when he's up around 4 or 5 I just let him lay there and he plays for a minute or two (or 15) and then goes back to sleep on his own. That is something he has NEVER done before! I'm just so proud of him!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Lucas just told me "Eh de de de" Looked at his hand turned it over looked at it again, waved it at me and said"de de de de" shriek!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 am

Awww thats cute Shannon...hard to believe our little ones will be uttering their first real word pretty soon... where has the time gone to?

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 am

That is too cute Shannon!

Nate also now has a thing where when you change him or give him a bath he likes to grab your arm and hold it. When he grabs it he kind of growls like he is attacking you or something. Then he smiles and laughs. Like Ha! I got you! He also likes to take and play keep away with what ever you are using - wash cloth, clothes you are tyring to put on him etc. He thinks that is great fun!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:58 am

You know Amy I was just glancing at the avatar pic you have and Nate is almost flippin the camera off...lol..I'm sure not intentional but just figured I would mention it...I love the growling...Jeremiah does that and tries to eat my face(baby kisses) while growling.. and a bit of FYI just be careful with the take away game and dirty diapers....lol My sister in law is dealing with that with her son he likes to try and grab the stinky diaper and drag it across the floor to scatter the contents...talk about gross....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Dominic can't really sit up yet, but he sure likes too. He also rolls everywhere. Who needs crawling?? In fact his grandma called me the other day and said you'll never believe where I just found brother.. ( that's what we all call him) He had rolled all across the living room and managed to get up into the entertainment stand.. You'd have to see it, but it's hilarious he just rolls over and up onto things like he's some kind of Monster Truck. Then he just laughs..

He also FINALLY started sleeping through the night about a week or two ago. YAY!!!!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Michelle- Yay for night sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy-I have a pic of each of my kids flipping the camera off!

Lucas has figured out just today that he can roll from his back onto his belly...Sigh...He's growing up way to quick!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Michelle(mnelson) - So glad to see you back. I was wondering what had happened to you!

Joy - I did see that almost first thing after the pic was taken. Too funny. I guess its a close but not quite.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Amy - Joey isn't really trying to sit up everywhere, but he keeps trying to stand up and bounce! it's really funny, it's probably mostly because of his jumperoo. but Joey is sitting up for about a minute or 2 and then tumbling over lol it's cute Smile But him grabbing stuff is a pain, more often than not he grabs the skin on my chest or arm and squeezes... PAIN! >.< i can't wait for THAT phase to be over!

Michelle(mnelson) - Glad Dominic is rolling around. Nothing like rolling everywhere like a rollie pollie lol

AFM - Joey is rocking up on his knees! OMG just another step towards crawling!!! He is so ready to crawl! He had been burying his head into the ground and pulling his knees up underneath him, but now he actually uses his arms to hold himself up! Like on his hands! I'm so excited. And simultaneously freaking out. I need to baby proof. NOW! >.<
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:27 am

Ok - This is something totally new. Nate is trying to be a prankster. I cant believe it! He is almost 6 months old! How does he think to do this stuff?

Ok - so I have told you about the whole attacking our arms or clothes or whatever he can get his hands on like he is a wild animal. Too Funny... Ok well as well as doing that the other night he realized he could roll over onto his tummy while on the changing table. I was trying to get clothes on him so I had to pick him up and turn him over - well he decided to grab the changing pad and take it with him and not let it go. Then squeel and giggle because it cracked him up and he wouldnt put it down. The more you tried to get him to put it down the harder he laughed.

Ok- then this morning... The last couple of days when I have tried to get him up he really doesnt want to wake up. So I end up changing his diaper and feeding him while he is 1/2 asleep. Well today he even slept through me getting him dressed... or so he wanted me to think. I got his shirt on and then after putting his pants on I look at his face - eyes closed with a HUGE smile on his face. I asked him "are you really awake? Are you trying to fool me?" He popped his eyes open looked at me and curled up into a ball and started giggling because he was so amused at himself. I couldnt believe it. That little scamp was faking me out! He isnt even 6 months old yet... How does he know to do that?

I guess that is it for now. I think he is really going to keep me on my toes.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 am

Amy- That is too funny! Isn't it neat to see how much personality they have already!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Amy- This time in their lives is where the fun really begins..... I have had a few instances where Jeremiah has tried to grab at the dirty diaper and make a mess...fun fun times are yet ahead for us all I just know it

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:43 am

Lucas has mastered the raspberry!!!He's also learned that while making raspberries he can soak the person holding him in spit and thinks its hysterical! He can also sit on the couch and my bed by himself for awhile before toppling over.
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 am

Shannon-Yay for sitting up by himself!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Joey is ARMY CRAWLING! To explain: he's pulling himself with his arms and kind of pushing his legs behind him. It's hell to keep him from crawling all over the place tho! >.<
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next