Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOVEMBER ALREADY!

+11
Kristen
Tscadden
tweetie462
Mari7779
Chaycethedogs
mythreesons
RobbieandLexisMommy
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
Kim
PolloLoco75
15 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

NOVEMBER ALREADY! - Page 10 Empty Re: NOVEMBER ALREADY!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Amy- I had ingrown toenails too not during pregnancy though was before that one I had for 10 years and the other for like 6 years. I had the one removed one time but it came back so I didn't attempt the dr again. I think why I had them so long is when he nail would begin to dig into my skin I would go in and cut the nail to relieve the pain and pressure all the time. But I eventually just left them alone and they cleared up on their own. I had ingrown nails on the inner and outer big toes of both my big toes. And I hated bumping it on stuff because it would bleed and my toe would stick to my sock. And I went without wearing sandals that whole time too because it seems ppl look at your feet more than you think and the few times I wore them my nasty toes drew attention. That made me self conscience about them so I wouldn't wear sandals. I am really surprised for having them so long that they didn't get super infected or something.Thank God they didn't though.

Jessica- How rude of me to forget to welcome you back.....Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's alright if you don't get on much just come in and check in every few weeks....I know a baby can keep you busy and work can also.

Now if we can just get jaybirdie and wyo_mommy to check in ....LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Jessica-I am thinking that eczema is what it is, she isn't as severly red as your LO, but the bumps all look very similar... right now it is on her face and top of her chest. How often do you bath your LO, I know my ODD's flares up if she is bathed to often.

Bekah-I do Tylenol before hand, like Shannon about an hour before hand...and I do think it is more traumatic for us than for them.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:15 pm

Joy- Thanks for the welcome back! lol. Hopefully I can check in more often. I was off work today that's how I got in here so often today! Ouch on the toes!!! ouch!!

Kim- That pic is when hers was at the worse, before i figured out what was going on. I bathe her every night trying to get her into a routine. We bathe, lotion, lights cut down low, cereal bottle, burp, bed. lol. She does ok with the bathing as long as she gets her lotion. I hope the lotion helps your babe before hers gets any worse.

AFM: I swear she loves sucking her hands, she will suck them until her fingers turn red. I have a 4-d ultrasound of her sucking her hand, I guess it just carried over. Shes not hungry, and won't really take a pacifier. She just loves her hands!! Another thing she loves in the boppy pillow. She loves lounging on that thing, on her back and her tummy!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:48 am

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well....I've missed so much. It's been crazy around here. I started working a few hours a day from home for some cash thru the holidays since I'm not going back to work until Feb and those few hours throw me all out of whack. It seems I have no time other than to work and take care of my princess. I guess I better get it figured out before Feb.

I just wanted to pop in and tell everyone Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Eileen
I’m glad things are calming a bit sleep is good lol

Diana
I’ve missed you! I hope things are going well and happy thanksgiving to you too!

Jessica
My LO loves to suck his hands too which is why for some reason at like 2:30 am I washed his hands with soap.. My dh just came home for lunch and was telling me about it how he woke up at like 2 am and heard me changing his diaper then go to the bathroom and wash my hands then.. he heard screaming and was like wtf? So he went in there and I was washing kits hands going no baby don’t eat that when he tried to eat his soapy hand. I apparently got the baby really wet so he took the baby from me and I went to sleep he washed him up washed his face and stuff to make sure he didn’t have soap anywhere and changed his clothes. He said he was trying to wake me up but the baby stopped fussing so he just put him to bed and gave up on feeding him.. He seemed pretty freaked out that I didn’t remember but seriously I get up like five times a night and I’m sick I don’t think its that crazy that I forget things like that.. and I sorta remember I remember getting mad that some lady at the commissary (military grocery) the bagger lady grabbed his hand and was letting him wrap his hand around her finger that had been who knows where? And touching all those groceries that everyone else has touched and ugh.. it creeps me out even now I hate germs..

Well I cant say I’m jealous of all of you with your aunt flows.. I stopped bleeding awhile back and I haven’t started again.. course kit is only a bit over a month old but I keep hearing its not uncommon to not get a period as regularly when your exclusively breast feeding.. course that may be because your nipples are bleeding >.<
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Jessi - you just be careful with AF not coming.. that doesn't mean you can't still get pregnant! BE CAREFUL! And I know what you mean about people playing with your baby. I'm still so afraid to take him to walmart... i just know some sick ass person is gunna put their hands all over him and I'm gunna have to slug somebody! I always carry antibacterial gel on me so that when somebody wants to hold him or touch him, they can clean their hands first. My mom and her friends were talking to me one day about how people always want to go and kiss your baby and you don't even know them. Like your baby is free for everyone to get sick! I mean, who gave you the right to kiss on my baby? ugh! She said its like the equivalent to people trying to touch your belly when you're pregnant. I, personally, have NEVER done that. I know that belly is not my belly to touch. KWIM? Anyways, don't be afraid to be a bitch when it comes to people and their germs on your healthy, helpless baby! He can't just take whatever or tell you he's sick. When they're that little its MUCH harder to deal with their sickness! That's what worries me really.

AFM - just chillin today. It feels like a weird day to me. Took Joey to the doctor (see Doctor's Appointments) and now he's asleep. Probably for a while too. Thanks for the advice on what to give him b4 the appointment girls! Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi everyone, its been awhile. wow time sure flies. Well the twins are now 3 months old and chunkie monkies. David weighs about 12.5lbs (4.3 @ birth) and Abby 10.5lbs (3.13 @ birth). Both are eating 4-5 oz every 2-3hrs during day..Abby is sleeping from 10p-7a and David fom 10:30-3a then 3:30-7:30a. Its been hectic some days with dealing with colic/colds but both seem to be doing much better. Their next appt is Dec 29th for their 4month shots. My older DD is doing ok, she starts a new daycare on monday as I go back to fulltime work dec 1st. Thankfully my mom is watching the twins. Having two newborns is still overwhelming at times but for the most part im getting into a routine with them. As far as weightloss just trying to stay on track..havent lost much but i havent been exercising either, but once back at work i will be more active although the twins and my 3 year old keep me busy and its nonstop. Well just wanted to stop by and hopefully will be able to keep in contact more often once im back at work.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. We are just staying in with family.

Kim-thanks for the note and thinking of us...your kids are so beautiful and getting big. Take care and we will chat some more.
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:32 pm

wow maribel i go back to work on dec 1st as well will pray for you, i know it will be so hard for me! I am tearing up over it just thinking about it...lol ug!

with everyone who works going back soon is anyone else having as hard a time as i am? I swear it is harder with each kid for me to go back to work. Kim you are goign back also this week sometime i believe? {{{happy thoughts}}}

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 am

Maribel- so fantastic to get an update from you!!! The twins are doing fantastic!!! You are so lucky that at least one of them is sleeping through the night already...we aren't quite there yet.

Eileen- absolutely yes...with my first I didn't really mind going back to work...and this time it is killing me, I am having anxiety attacks about it...I just don't want to leave them...I think it is harder for me to because I know I will never be doing this again, Landree is my last baby and I don't want to miss a second...but I am going back Friday, it is also a holiday for us so I will get double time and a half for working plus the holiday pay for Thursday...got take the money when I can.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:11 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:45 am

I'm with the going back to work crew too.. not excited!! I need the money though.

nursejessica and Kim- That's just how Dominics ezcema looked and acted too. I could have written your account of it. His broke out at the same time as a cold. So I paniced at first. His spread from face to chest, to back... once the chest started to clear up it spread to arms and legs. It's all getting a little better now. I too am using the Aveno Soothing Moisture Cream. It's a little heavier than the regular Aveno.. they have a baby wash like it too. It states for eczema right not it. I'm also with you on the bath thing. It's nice to have a bathtime routine, but for both of my kids, if they get bathed too much their skin gets really irritated. And Tatzeanna's hair can't take a lot of washing either. We try to do it every other day, but if the skin is looking really irritated I'll wait another day and that usually helps keep it from getting so raw.

Mirena Talk.. Well the do warned me about my partner feeling the string and if he could I would have to go back and get it cut shorter. Well he officially complained about it. Ugh.. I really don't want them messing around with it. It was uncomfortable enough the first time. But at least I didn't end up drinking soap...LOL ( just teasing Bekah..) They didn't give me any pain killer at all. And aside from the string he's already saying that it's making me moody. I can see it some. My headaches have started to come back and my sex drive went down already.. I think I'm just not cut out for BC!

Hope Everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:25 pm

im not cut out for bc so i don't use it. hubby will have to.. actually i do the charts and stuff my doc is catholic so im trying that but im not leaving it to that we use rubber! or he doesn't get to use it at all was what i told him but seriously why has it taken this long to get a male form of the pill out? they complain about it enough someone should have started working on this ages ago
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:56 pm

quick update on Joey - He had his shots yesterday, and he has basically been sleeping since then, only waking up every now and again for feedings. Poor thing. I know its normal for them to sometimes get this way the day after their shots.. but its so sad. Having to keep a close watch too, just in case he gets a mad fever or something. I still feel terrible that he's been asleep all night and day. Although it is somewhat of a relief. I do miss those smiles tho! Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:00 pm

I just wanted to check in and wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day!!! I'm spending the rest of today and all morning tomorrow cooking. We always watch movies after dinner on T-Day so I'm really looking forward to Made of Honor and of course black Friday shopping! This is hands down my favorite weekend of the ENTIRE year! It will be a little strange this year though....my brother and his family live in Kansas City and she is a realtor while he is a mortgage broker...purse strings are tight for them this year so they aren't coming and since my mom spent so much time here around the hurricane and Brenden's birth she can't come from Oklahoma either. Needless to say my one sister (who lives here now) has to work until 8pm so it will just be dh, me, & both ds's. I've been cooking T-Day dinner for more than 10 years and this is the first time my side of the family hasn't attended. It's quite saddening but I am determined to make it a special day for my kids. Brenden's first Turkey Day and Dawson's first having the brother he has always wanted!!!! Have a great meal everyone!!!! -Michelle
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:10 pm

Happy Turkey Day to everyone! I just put my pumpkin pie in the oven and then I'm done with all the cooking I can do before tomorrow. Now it's time to clean the house and then tomorrow I'll just have to reheat everything, set the table and finish the last minute stuff! Hope everyone has a great day!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

and on a really crappy note...I just found out I am being held for an extra shift my first day back to work...tell me how much that sucks. So I go in Friday at 3pm and don't get out until Sat at 7am.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Oh kim! Ug that is bad enough but on your first night back yuck! I would die...lol here's hoping you get only non-emergency alarm calls or in other words uneventful although when I did the 9-1-1 thing it was always eventful. ofcourse i was a sh*^ magnet if you know what i mean. will be praying for ya and thinking good thoughts for you.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:05 am

Wow I have a lot to catch up on. It seems the last couple of days I have been so swamped - and yet not doing much.

Elise - Love the space bags! I did a bunch before Nate was born. I need to start doing the clothes he has grown out of. Its so funny that he has already gone up a size i put stuff on him and now it only goes to below his knees instead of to his ankles.

Kim & Joy - on the toenails - yeah it would have been good if I had made my Dr appt. I thought it was at 1:15 and it was really at 11:15 now I have to wait until next week. My poor toes - Its getting cold and shoes really hurt.

Oh and how do you ladies know how much tylenol to give your LOs before their shots? My box says consult your physician.

Jessica - Nate loves his hands too. Infact all of my sonogram pics have his hand in front of his face. Funny babies!

Diana - I am glad to see you are doing ok. I hope you can check in more often. I understand not being able to get on here like you want to.

Bekah - The only reason I want to see AF is so that I can start my BC pills. If it werent for that she could stay away as long as she wants. Wink I have enjoyed her long vacation away. I am sorry Joey has been a bit pitiful after his shots. Its so hard - I dont know how I am going to handle shots. Pricking his heel for the jaundice testing was hard enough.

Maribel - Welcome Back! I am so glad to hear that your LOs are doing well. Sounds like they are growing like weeds. Yeah for chunky monkey babies! I have one myself.

Kim - I am sorry you go back to work so soon. Even if you were off forever and that extra shift really sucks! Your first day back and everything. I dont go back until January and I am already panicking.

Michelle (Chayce) you are a braver woman than I. We dont ever go out to black Friday shopping. Its too crazy around here for me. I always feel like I am going to either get in a car accident or be smothered by the crowds. This is why we do most of our Christmas shopping online.

AFM - We are going out for Thanksgiving dinner. There are only 4 of us plus Nate so we really dont do it up big. We used to but after loosing a couple of key people that held the holidays together its just DH, my mom, his dad and me and now Nate. I always feel kind of jipped so (today) I end up cooking Thanksgiving dinner for DH and I. I made some Martha Stewart recipes. I am calling it Martha's Mediocre Thanksgiving. It was ok but my normal stuff is better. I just didnt want to spend all of the money and make all of the food when its just 2 people.
Nate (I hope) is going through a phase where he falls asleep, you put him down, he wakes up and is upset you put him down. And it goes on and on all day like that. I have gotten better and have to really wait to put him down but I actually get time to go to the bathroom and get a glass of water without him. I love holding him but, you know, putting down for a while is good too.

I hope all of you have wonderful Thanksgivings. Something I am thankful for - The ladies of this board. Without y'all getting through my pregnancy, delivery and first 7 weeks of Nate's life wouldnt have been the same. Be safe!

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:13 am

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone...we are starting at my Dad's at noon, stopping in at DH's family and then we will be going to my Mom's in the evening...busy day.

Amy- here is a link to a BBC article with a dosage chart.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_acetaminophen-dosage-chart_11886.bc
but it is the first line...(half a dropper full) for our LO's.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:16 am

Amy and although they say the same thing...I like this chart by Dr. Sears better...print it out and stick to your fridge.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T089101.asp#T089104
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:19 am

I second that amy, i love this bored and everyone on it. It makes dealing with reflux and spitting up and crying and fussing and possibly colicy Daniel so much easier!

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:11 am

Kim- that's a good chart to use...Lucas is getting .8ml's because he's almost 13lbs...You scared me for a second when I read a half dropper...LOL...Sorry they're keeping you for an extra shift..That sucks for a first day back...

Happy Thanksgiving Mommas!!Happy First Thanksgiving Babies!!We're going to my mom's house and my aunts and cousins go there early and eat(we eat at 12:30pm)then some of them take off to go to other family functions and some stay and eat again at dinner time, we stay and eat again...Both of my older two kids are sick which sucks...Fevers are gone today but my middle kid sounds horrible..His cough is tight and not loosening up no matter what I do.Vaporizer running at night, cough syrup every 4-6 hours, nebulizer every 4 hours...anyone got more ideas, oh and scooby doo vitamins...lots of oj and chicken noodle soup...He does have asthma but it hasn't bothered him for the past 2 years.I know they are both sick because of my ODS being in school...But it still sucks...Last time he coughed like this he had pneumonia which took about 6 months to get rid of..We went to the doctor's office on Tuesday and she said his lungs sound clear but I don't know...Luc is still running a fever from his shots but it goes down to normal with tylenol.Also spoke to the doctor about him and they said it's from his tetnus shot and if it doesn't go down with tylenol then he needs to go in asap...So fun times here in Upstate NY...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Happy gobble gobble day!

little kit is sleeping full a milk and the in laws will be descending any moment looks like we are going to Marie-Calendars for thanksgiving because my DH told his mommy they have his favorite pie there and he hasn’t ate it for two years (roles eyes) it was so funny to see them two together but good food! And me no cooking.

Hope you all have a good day
Jess and mini gobble kit~
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:46 pm

happy thanksgiving girls!

Joseph went with me to my aunt's house where my family was having thanksgiving this year. It felt just like last years lol. DF had to work Sad but I brought him home all kinds of leftovers from the lunch. I didnt think it was right for someone not to have thanksgiving yummies! Sad Joseph was crabby almost the whole time we were there. He wouldn't sleep in his bouncy(I just had to bring it), and of course after he fell asleep in my arms, I put him in my aunts room to sleep and he woke up like 30 minutes later like screaming. Well turns out he was just sleepy, and hungry, and tired of being passed around lol. Poor guy. He just wanted to sleep all day like yesterday and I had to drag him like an hour away for a thanksgiving he himself couldn't even enjoy! lol

I too am thankful for you guys and all of our wonderful babies(and those of you with other kids). They may not be easy, but they're the best thing that's ever happened to us. ^_^ So I'm gunna go play with a not so crabby joey now. Smile
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:53 am

So freaking excited and had to let you know!!!! I called the station to see if they were able to get anyone to work third shift tonight...and one of my Sgt.'s took it...he felt bad for me and didn't want me to have to do a double my first day back...so happy I could kiss his feet!!...but I am still sad because I do have to go into work at 3pm.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum