Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 month checkup and shots

+7
mnelson80
Kristen
MichelleL
PolloLoco75
tweetie462
mythreesons
rocknrollmommy616
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

4 month checkup and shots Empty 4 month checkup and shots

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:46 am

i know Joey is about to get his soon, so if there's anybody who's getting their LO's soon, here's the place to put it! ^_^
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

4 month checkup and shots Empty Re: 4 month checkup and shots

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:08 am

Um Jeremiah's will be the first part of February... So I still got a few weeks... He turned 3 months old yesterday....and on same day hubby and I have been together for 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Lucas goes in on 1/26 at 10am
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Shannon - that's so funny! Logan's 4mo appt is on 1/26 at 9:30am!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Mine isnt until February 11th. Nate was a little late to the party - being born on Oct 9th and all. LOL!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Brenden goes Jan 24 @10am!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Maddie goes Feb. 13th- but she was born Oct. 1st. So she'll actually be about 4 1/2 months.
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 pm

I just made Dominic's for Feb 9th at 8:30am. I'm a little worried because I'll have to take Tatzeanna with me and I know it's going to upset her to see him get shots. Maybe I can leave her at Grandmas until we are finished.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 am

Logan had his 4mo check up today...

15lbs 6oz
25 in

a bit fussy from the shots, but otherwise good to go! tonight we start cereal!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:28 pm

wahoo good luck onm the cereal and here's praying he sleeps longer!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:51 pm

Brenden had his 4month well baby appointment today. He weighs 21 lbs and 12oz, he is also 27.5 inches long. I don't remember his head circumfrance but everything was above the 98th percentile! Since he's been on stage 1 baby foods for nearly a month she said we could start stage 2's next week to give him more variety. He is doing everything she asked me about on the checklist except rolling over which she attributes to his size. She said if he was a string bean he'd probably be all over the place. Dude is strong...and I mean strong. He got out of the nurse's hold during his shots, kicked her in the head and squirted blood (from the injections site) all over the wall. It was so shocking I nearly cried but looking back it was hilarious! She was completely stunned and apologized to me like crazy. In all it was a good appointment. I do wanna say I couldn't buckle his car seat this morning. The strap at the bottom was all the way released and it just wasn't going to close. I had to borrow a car seat from the neighbor! LOL My travel system seat only goes to 22lbs....I didn't even know they made 30lb car seats until I looked on line. I guess I'm gonna go buy another one....I have to have something. Hopefully I can sell the one we have now on Craig's list or something. I can't believe he's grown out of his carseat since Friday.....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:11 am

Michelle I just wanna say you got a big little dude there!!! does that make sense?lol Just out of curiosity what were his measurements at birth? I tried to look for his announcement on here but then my brain kicked in that you had to change your name because site was not letting you in...

Jeremiah still has a little over a week till his 4 m checkup.

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:48 am

Joy - He was 8lbs 0.2oz and 20 inches long at birth....and only 7lbs 11 oz when we left the hospital. He had doubled his birth weight by his 2 month check up. My cousin (mom's sisters daughter) had a ginormous baby 3 months before I had itty bitty Dawson. That kid was wearing size 6 when he was 3. *shock*
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 am

Yay for good check ups!!!! Elise I hope the cereal helps with his sleeping. I am going to be starting after getting the go ahead from the ped. next week too.

Michelle- I can not get over how big he is!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:22 am

Michelle - Holy Moley!! What a big guy!!

Logan had a decent night last night, so hopefully it will continue as he eats more "real" food! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:14 pm

wow michelle i am so sorry! i went through teh similar thing with my 2 yr old he weighs 40 pounds and the car seat i needed was only 20 40 pounds sao i got one of those 0-80 pound ones off craigslist for $25 verses like $100. good luck!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 pm

yeah, Joey doesn't go to his checkup til the 2nd, cuz his dumb doctor is out of town til the first. Mind you, I called them two weeks ago and asked when we could make an appointment... she said it actually has to be EXACTLY 2 months after his first set of shots... which would have helped if someone had originally told me that. Anyways, it's a new doctor b/c we had been going round and round with medicaid... so now we are going to his primary care physician. Anyways, yeah 2/2/09 at 2pm

Also, um Joey is 4 months old but I can't feed him solids, cuz he keeps pushing it out of his mouth... it's kind of a pain b/c I'd REALLY like to get him started on them and we bought a whole bunch of Stage 1 foods at the store the other day and set up his high chair already.... *sigh* oh well, i guess we will have to talk to the doc about all that. Sad

Michelle - WOW Brenden is such a big boy! And not fat, like everyone tells me about joey lol. he actually is like big in length! He's like, giant baby! lol that sucks tho that u have to get another car seat. I think we may be having the same problem VERY soon as well.
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Bekah - babies push the food out at first...did you start with cereal or veggies? i always started my kids on rice cereal - very liquidy at first and then thickened it gradually so they got used to it. you might want to try it!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Bekah - Brenden pushed the food out in the beginning also. They have no idea what to do with it. If you keep introducing it eventually he will figure out how to swallow it! Granted Brenden figured it out after about 2 bites...but he's all about food! LOL I was eating fresh cut pineapple today at lunch and he nearly attacked me. So I held a big chunk for him to lick and he was sucking like crazy! He literally grabbed my hand and held it at his mouth! I took video with my phone but it says the file is too big to send...GRRRRRRRR. What the hell? Anyway, just keep trying....Joey will get it! ;-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Michelle- you should get him one of those mesh holders. kind of like this one...http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404768 that will let him enjoy things like that with out worrying about choking.

Bekah- I agree with the others...solids is actually a learned skill. They really have no idea, the only born with ability is to suck they have to learn the rest...Elise said it best start with really really watered down cereal and gradually thicken it.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Kim-I used those mesh things with DS#2 and wasnt that crazy about them.he got frustrated about the amount of food he was eating(or lack of-lol)but he was always starving when he was hungry and they werent fun to clean...

MichelleL- You could always send that video to my phone if you want(i have free texting-not sure if it would cost you though)Id love to see it!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok so here's Luc's stats.(LOL watched too much football yesterday I think)
He's 17lbs2oz(down 2 oz from last week-still not eating well)and 25 1/2 inches.I don't remember his head circumference but he's in the 90th percentile for weight and head and 75th for height. So he's apparently a short round big headed ball.LOL poor kid...We were told we could and should start him on cereals and yellow/orange veggies oh and applesauce.Not sure how the applesauce fits in with that but whatever. He's a bit ahead of where he should be for 4 1/2 months so despite his two serious illnesses he's doing well. He did get his 4 month shots today so he's sleeping right now in the swing...I mentioned about Luc's spitting/throwing up which is after 98% of his feedings and she said its from the mucous from his cold.But she didn't say anything when I told her that he did it before he got sick and that I didn't mention it before because the last few times we've been in he was sick and that was my priority...So thats the latest and greatest on my little man!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Shannon - Logan and Lucas are close in size - Luc has a couple of pounds on him and .5 inches, though...glad he was doing better so he could get his shots...i know at my pedi they won't do the shots if the kids are sick....maybe he had mucous prior to the cold and that's what started the spitup? maybe it was an earlier indicator that he was getting sick?? who knows! maybe he just didn't like whatever you ate....
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:27 pm

LOL Elise..It could be what I ate but its been happening since before he had meningitis but it keeps getting worse... but they aren't to concerned so... Luc's doc wont do shots if they're running any kind of fever rectally...And he was normal of course.Like taking your car to a mechanic, they're fine when they're there.LOL
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Shannon - I can't the video off my phone! I tried emailing it to myself so I could put it on here but it won't go saying the file is too big. I haven't tried sending to another phone....dummy me. I'll send it to you if you could get it on the board for me, or somewhere I could save it! Thanks! Lucas sounds like a pretty big guy!! I'm thinking what Elise is thinking about the mucus....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next