Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Showers

+9
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
Kristen
eileen bauer
ladydy
PolloLoco75
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April Showers - Page 10 Empty Re: April Showers

Post by ladydy Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Kim, glad to hear everything went well with the Dr and it sounds like you definitely have a good plan of action.

Michelle, I bet your windows look great. We need windows terribly. Ours are original with our house 45 years...so I still battle with storm windows and screens. They are a B to clean. Your lunch sounded yummy!!! I'm sure you deserved every bite of it. I cleaned yesterday and it looks the same today b/c of the pollen coming in from outside but I don't want to turn my air on yet.

Shannon, Aubrey is doing really well, thanks for asking. We've been back on just the preventative meds for a week now and so far so good.
Glad Dylan had a good game. That's a brave lil man, most kids would be gun shy after taking a hit like he did.

Eileen, I say 'DITTO' to Shannon & Michelle. You have to do what works for you and your family! The kids are going to develop at their own pace regardless. A good work ethic is a wonderful thing to pass on to your LO's.

Elise, glad Rayna finally got to come home. That celluclitis can be vicious but I've never heard of it in a LO. The amoxicillin is the reason I don't do cloth diapers anymore. There was no way in H I was cleaning all that and pratically every diaper.

Joy, you were a busy woman! I wish you SIL and her LO all the best. I will say prayers.

I hope everyone had/is having a great weekend!

AFM: Aubrey and I had a great walk yesterday. It was about 80 degrees but very windy. I sure hope that doesn't make her sick. We've had some terribly windy days the last few.
I forgot to take my camera to the walk but I took a few of Aubrey in a handmade hat that I bought for her while we were there. I'm going to post them over on the pic thread.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Eileen-Oh believe me I do go stir crazy!!!Now that the weather is getting nice it does help because I can simply go sit on my steps if I need a break.But as for helping out with things like church, only do it if you really want to.I got guilt tripped into the PTO at Dylans school...The President has 4 kids, put herself through nursing school and is preggo with #5.She also works full time.The VP has 4 kids works 2 jobs and her DH got deported.Two of her kids have disabilities as well.So then theres me, a sahm with only 3 kids, who was I to say no.Anyway, that aside, thats why we're all her for you.When you have doubts, we remind you of all you do for everyone.We all love you!

Diana-We have an older home too and just did the switching of screens and storm windows.Good times!!!

MichelleL- soo are the windows done?How did they come out!!!

AFM:Had a nice day today...It was cooler than yesterday but it was nice.We had a chicken barbecue with our neighbors and just relaxed...My sunburn is still a bit tender so I made sure to spray on alot of sunblock(now I feel all greasy and gross even though its supposed to be non greasy)

Ok I have a weird,well situation I guess...The past few days if I didn't have my mirena in(yes I have felt the string so I know its still in)I would've thought that I was feeling baby flutters very low in my belly...It's weird!!! I know it's most likely gas or something(even though I don't feel gassy) but it really feels like flutters...If it continues through the week then I'll call my doctor but I mentioned it to DH and the dork got all excited and said that "his boys can penetrate anything"...Men....Ok well I'm off to take a shower and rinse this yucky feeling off....
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:00 am

Shannon- That is just like a man to say something like that huh? I have felt some flutters also but I just had AF like a week and a half ago so I don't think I am pg either but it is definitely weird to feel thats for sure

As far as my SIL...She was actually able to see her baby yesterday twice..than today they allowed her to have the baby in her room for 30 min every few hours..but baby still needs to be in special care nursery...they are still trying to regulate her oxygen levels out...I guess at one point they had her on the ventilator and were going to transfer her to another hospital luckily they figured out another way around doing that.. We went up to see SIL after church yesterday and she seems to be doing a bit better now that she was able to finally see her baby.She may be released either tomorrow or tuesday but she is not sure if they are going to allow Abby to go home also.. The baby weighed 8lb 7 1/2 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long not sure how big her head(SIL hasn't even been told) was but I am almost certain that is why she would not fit down any further...had the dr induced like 2-3 weeks ago I bet she could have did natural delivery..but he did not want to because she had not dilated up until recently but they could have began the induction anyways to see if that would have jumpstarted the process but he kept waiting and waiting...Go figure its the same dr I had...and to make matters worse they started pitocin at like 6am friday but when her contractions reached 2 1/2 min apart they slacked off of upping the pitocin and her contractions ended up leveling off to hardly any so then they started upping the pit again to get them going again because they already broke her water so baby had to be born. Where as when I was in labor with the other kids they upped it every half hour consistently..and even with Jeremiah if they were not in to do it I was calling them into room and asking them to up the pitocin and get the show on the road.. I am just glad baby is doing relatively well and mommy is also.. I know it was heartwrenching to be there and see her ask for her baby and not be able to see her till the next afternoon..because she(SIL) was drugged up and baby had to be in Special care under oxygen..

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:45 am

Joy- I haven't had an AF since I had Lucas, but have been told its because of nursing. It's such a weird feeling...Made me kinda sad that I'm not planning more babies.I love feeling them move but that's about the only aspect that I truly enjoy about pregnancy.Keeping your SIL in my thoughts today...I can't even imagine not being able to see my LO's after they're born...

AFM: Ok I'm still ouchy after this stupid sunburn.I even had to take off my necklace...I took 2 pics to show you all...One is of my shoulder and the lovely white marks because of the stick sunblock(great for faces not so great for anything else)and the other is my neck shoulder area..I'm working on trying to get Lucas down for a nap...He's not cooperating....

[url=April Showers - Page 10 IMG00330]April Showers - Page 10 IMG00331[/url]
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:10 am

Shannon - ouchie! rub some noxema or anything with aloe vera on it - it will help with the pain!

Joy - sorry to hear about your SIL's LO.

Diana - glad the walk went well

Hi to everyone else I missed!

AFM: Well, Logan is officially weaned! I last nursed him a week ago Sunday. He's wanted to nurse a couple of times this past week, but I didn't let him. Of course, this means within a month I'll start getting AF again (boo) Sad. DH goes on May 6 for his second check to see if he's given to all clear! Smile

Not much else going on here - Rayna's at school with her walking boot, so it will be interesting to see how she is afterwards. She's so excited to be back at school! All weekend she kept asking if she was going to get to go to school. Which was good, because I could use it as a bribe to get her to take the icky tasting and smelling antibotic she has to take! She's doing pretty well with it, though! I'm counting down the days until Logan is off the amoxicillin! It is doing a number on him! His appetite still isn't back to it's usual and the poops are just out of control!

Ok - Logan's sleeping so I should be doing stuff other than fussing around on the computer -- have a great day ladies! It's supposed to get up to 90 again today! And we don't have our air conditioners in yet - But, we do have the house fan going with the windows open, so hopefully that will keep the house nice for the afternoon!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 am

Shannon, OUCH!

Joy, I feel for SIL. It's tough. My thoughts and prayers are with her.
I never got to have Aubrey in my room. She went straight to special care then to Children's Hospital. Thankfully Children's was attached thru catwalks to the hospital where I delivered. I think walking there 2x a day helped me recover from my C quickly. I would get up and dressed and go there 1st thing every morn and stay all day then walk back and eat dinner with DH and then the 2 of us would go back to her.
My room was right across from the well baby nursery and they offered to move me to a different floor so I didn't have to deal with it but I stayed so that I could keep my private room.
It sure makes you realize how trivial most things are going on around you, the things you use to worry about.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Oh my goodness I have so much catching up to do. I am sorry I have not been around more the last few days. Things have been HECTIC!

So lets see where to start....

Shannon -OUCH! Oh my that looks like it hurts. I think I am one of the most fair people on the planet and I can not be in the sun for 5 minutes without getting burned. Then I blister, peel and am bright white again. I do not envy you. Cool Showers and Aloe! I am glad that Dillon is better and able to get out there and play after his accident. Poor little guy! Oh and that is crazy about the flutters! I have had some pain but no flutters! I think I might freak out just a little bit.

Elise - I am so glad Rayna is home and has her antibiotics and is back in school! That is all great news. Oh and Nate has been on so many antibiotics. They all cause AMAZING poops! LOL! We have even taken one that turns his poop RED. Like brick red. CRAZY! We only have 5 more days of the one we are on now. We change poopie diapers every 5 minutes it seems and his poor little tushy has such a rash from it. Hope Logan's tushey is better than Nate’s! LOL! OH and yeah for weaning!

MichelleL- Still Jealous of your Windows. Ours need replacing because the glaze has started to fail so they are fogging up and getting mold in between the pains (YUCK!). Oh and what did Dawson mean that Nate looked like the baby in the Avitar? I am not getting it. Sorry mommy brain is in full swing! LOL!

Joy - Congrats to your SIL! I am glad her LO is doing better. Hopefully they will be able to go home soon. I will be keeping them in my thoughts.

Eileen - Don’t beat yourself up for working. I KNOW how it goes. I swear everyday when I am headed out the door I don’t want to leave. I just know that I am making a better life for my child by going to work. He is in daycare and they work with him a lot and when I pick him up he is thrilled beyond thrilled to see me. I swear it truly is quality time not quantity time. Try not to beat yourself up and I will try not to beat myself up and we can support each other!

Diana - Yeah for a great walk! Congrats! Oh and Aubrey is the most adorable thing in that hat. I will post it on the other board too but what a cutie!

AFM - Well its been crazy around here. We are downsizing our office so I am loosing the one I am in and moving to another one. Well that one is full of stuff just like the rest of our office so we have spent the last couple of days cleaning out and throwing away and disinfecting tons of stuff around the office to get ready for the construction.
Then this weekend - Saturday we had eye appointments and then my mom came over for her Grammie Time. Nate was in such a good mood this weekend. I can tell he is feeling much better. Oh except I ended up on the bad mommy list because I couldn’t get his Rx refilled in time on Friday and we had to ration his breathing treatments over the weekend and hopefully I can pick up the refill today.
Sunday we had lunch with FIL like every week and then went to visit my cousin in the hospital. He had gastric bypass surgery and it went wrong! He had a leak in his intestine and when he would eat it would leak out into his body cavity and nothing was being absorbed by him. So he got severely dehydrated and his kidneys shut down because they had nothing to process and he had to go in for emergency surgery. CRAZY! Well since he had gastric bypass he cant take any pain meds because with the leak and fixing all of it his body cant absorb the meds so there is no use in giving him any. Good Times!

Oh and Nate is now doing something really strange. He is grinding his teeth together! It is a horrible sound. It drives DH and I nuts and he just started doing it on Saturday. He wont bite a baby mum mum because it feels weird but that is ok! So we are trying to get him to stop. Every time he starts we put a pacifier in his mouth. Hopefully that will take care of it. Anyone else heard of babies doing this?

I guess that is all for my novel for now. I am going to do my best at being on here more. It has just been an insane few days.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Shannon- OMG OUCH!!! aloe is your best friend along with burn creme called silverdeen (spelling?) I think you can get it at like walgreens. I am so sorry!!! All I get is spotting with mirene anyways only AF was prior to mirena and after baby daniel

Amy you are right we are provinding a better life and we are great mommas! hope things slow down for you!

AFM Daniel ahd his 6 month appt today and was 17lb 7oz and 26 inches long. so he is still long and skinny...lol he is doing so well just needs to eat more baby jar food so we will be working on that.

I am sich so spending a day at home sleeping not feeling good. th aboys are at daycare adn my daughter is at school so empty house woohoo! sleepy times
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Diana - Glad you and Aubrey had a good walk! And you're right about things becoming so "trivial" when your baby is in the NICU. Being a NICU mom changes you FOREVER....wether your baby is in there one day or 6months....life is never the same.

Shannon - I have no idea about the Merina but the thought of "super sperm" just cracks me up! LOL! I think your sunburn has a nice paisley look to it also! LOL! Has it started itching yet?? That is the worst part....itching.

Joy - I'm glad your SIL got to actually see her baby! If she gets discharged before her baby does she can ask about respite rooms or the Ronald McDonald house...there should be some place on campus or extremely close where she can stay while her baby is in intensive care. She should ask to speak to one of the social workers in the NICU. They have valuable information and can usually give her free tickets to the cafeteria and let her know about anything that can help cover expenses so she can stay there with her baby.

Elise - You know Rayna is gonna be showing off that walking boot to everyone at school!!! Glad she is doing better! :-)

Amy - Dawson was talking about the cartoon - Avatar- which is one of his favorites. Anyway, the Avatar is the main character. His eyes get big and glow...then he demolishes the bad guys with martial arts moves. LOL! That is just horrible about your cousin! He hope he gets better soon! I have heard a lot of stories about gastric by-pass gone bad...

AFM - Our windows are awesome! Our a/c isn't coming on nearly as much as it was before! I can't wait to get the bill....I am so curious what the difference is gonna be! I can't find the cord to connect my camera to the computer but as soon as I do I'll upload some before and after pics. It's amazing how something like windows can change the entire look of your house! Anyway, I went to my Endo today and she is checking my thyroid and to see if I'm anemic from all the blood loss. She completely agrees with Dr. W doing the ablation and tying my tubes. She said if my thyroid comes back okay then she would most likely diagnose me with PPD. I guess I have more going on than what I realized. I mean, I knew somehting has been up, but even though I said I'd see a therapist I never really thought I had PPD. I'll get the blood work back in a few days. I have an U/S at 5pm as pre-op for the ablation.....this day has been so busy! We catered to 50 this morning. In 2.5 hours I cooked chicken and sausage jambalaya, country green beans, a huge garden salad (with many diff kinds of vegetables), garlic bread and 85 cookies. Then I went to my appointment, had blood drawn, stopped by Sams because I forgot mushrooms yesterday and I"m headed out in about 1 1/2 hours for the U/S.....I'm beat!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:04 pm

MichelleL - Oh Ok! LOL! I was thinking that Nate looked like my avatar and I was thinking - well he is my avatar... LOL! I will have to find a picture of that cartoon!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:54 pm

Busy monday already..read through most...

Elise-Glad to hear Rayna is doing better and now you know what she has.
Elieen-Great stats on Daniel, since mine were preemies, they are still catching up..at their 6 month thwy were 14lbs and 16lbs..cant wait for their 9month appt..
Joy-hope your sil and baby are home soon, we spent 8 days in NICU and 4 days in nursery before they came home..that was soo hard but iwas able to get ready and recover...
Shannon-aloe works wonders..i got a little sun this weekend...but not too burnt..
amy-still no teeth here and my poor babies are miserable.

About drinks-drank so much wine in napa..had the best time with my girlfriends...Brought back several bottles and im recovering..now we are just 3 days away from our disneyland trip for my daughter's 4th bday. im also two weeks away from leaving my job but im happy to go parttime and spend a little more time with the kids..also save on daycare..oh and this is my last week of school and im DONE!!

Have a great week ladies...
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Amy- Here's a link for Avatar...He's an air-bender...My kids and DH LOVE that show...http://www.nick.com/shows/avatar/index.jhtml?source=SEO_SSP_Y&sem=SEO_SSP_Y

Mari-Sounds like you had a wonderful time with more busy/exciting times ahead!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 am

Shannon- All I can say(and think) is OUCH! Thats a bad burn..but he at least there is a bit of polka dot design... I know not funny.. I bet its hard trying to hold Luc with such a bad sunburn...have to very weary of grabbing hands and pinching fingers..or scratching nails..Yikes..

Elise- Yeah for weaning...not such a yeah to get AF back though.. I sometimes dread AF..especially in the hot summer months..On to the second part of my reply...Whew!!! 90 degrees?!?! I don't think I am quite ready for that kind of warmth yet

Diana- Well a bit of good news baby was able to be moved to room with mommy today..

Amy- My SIL 1 yr old was on the antibiotic that caused red poop...that would scare me half to death to see red poo..SIL are scheduled to go home on Wednesday...I never heard my kids grind their teeth other than recently I have noticed that Elijah does when he is sleeping sometimes..it is a dreadfully awful sound.

Eileen- Yeah for a day home...Home you feel better though as I am sure it wasn't a fun day home when you don't feel good.

Michelle- Wow sounds like you were super busy...I wish my landlord would get us new windows... I hate having to prop windows open or put in portable screens to keep bugs and stuff out(although little tiny bugs still get in).

Mari- Glad you had a great time at Napa Valley... I hope the next few weeks fly by for you so that way you can drop down to only PT...Yay for school being out soon. I keep thinking that about my son being in school only 43 days left for him then he is out for the summer.

AFM- Not a whole lot new going on for me. SIL and baby are doing quite better now. Baby had jaundice so they have her using a billirubin blanket...and she is on antibiotics for any infections she may have gotten during delivery and such..mom is on meds too due to a bit of infection in her uterus. She was scheduled to go home tomorrow but baby would have had to stay till Wednesday but in light of the infection in uterus she will be staying till weds also. They finally have baby rooming in with her mommy now.. So things are doing really well there.. My BIL(her hubby) thanked me for being such a support and really stepping up to be there and help her with delivery and to help him through it as well... And I almost cried.... I just take it as an extreme honor to have been asked to be in the room during this special time in their lives... I told him that but he just kept thanking me instead.. Other than that things have been uneventful on my end..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:25 am

hey there ladies....I lost you for a couple of days and will be on only at work until my AC adapter for my laptop comes in. Mine shit the bed so I am with out a computer at home...going crazy with out you all! LOL.

Shannon- OUCH!!!!

I read everything but am way to tired to do personals...please forgive me. McKenna got sick last night, and today is my double day...I have decided to take a personal day for second as I am dog tired. She throws up every once in a while for seemingly no reason at all...I am thinking it is an acid reflux thing. It is something I am deffinitly going to talk to her Dr. about. My days off were absolutely beautiful. We spent the two days outside. Yesterday we went to the aquarium...it was so much fun...Landree was kicking her little legs away when you picked her up to show her the exhibits.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Hey Ladies.
Boy! I missed a ton the last few days! Hope I can remember everything I wanted to say!

Kim- So glad the girls had fun at the aquarium. I can't wait to get Maddie there! Hope McKenna is feeling better!

Amy- What a busy few days you've had! Hope your cousin is doing better!

Joy- Glad your SIL and baby are doing better. I'm glad they've been able to share the same room now.

Diana-Glad your walk went well!

Shannon-Ouch! Hope your burn is feeling better!

Elise- So glad to hear Rayna is home and doing better!

Eileen-I'm with the other women. Don't feel bad about having to work, you love your children and that's all that matters!

Michelle- The windows sound great! We did ours when we first bought our house. Make sure you save the receipts for taxes next year you can get a credit on saving energy.

Mari- So glad you had a nice time! Yay for school ending soon!

Well- not much new here. We've been trying to get nightly walks in- dh, me and Maddie. I feel like when I get home there's not much time for anything. Plus Maddie is getting cranky earlier so I wonder if her bedtime is getting earlier. But she's been sleeping through the night so I don't want to change it to too early. So, we'll see! Just truckin along.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Maribel, Glad to hear your weekend was fun, sounds wonderful to me a weekend, wine & GF's.

Kim, I hope McKenna is feeling better soon. I don't blame u for taking a personal, that would be tough a double after a sick night.
I'm glad your days off were so nice.

Joy, So happy to hear mom & baby are doing better.

Michelle, You had a busy day but I'm glad your finally getting everything taken care of. It's so calming to know there is a plan.

AFM: We had the appt with the general surgeon this morn for the malrotation. He is in the same suite at Children's Hosp as the kidney reflux surgeon. It is so nice that they can just discuss instead of me having to set things up. He said since Aubrey is having no problems with the malrotation if he and the Urologist can do the surgery from the same incision then he has no problem waiting for her other surgery. He's going to talk to the Urologist himself and then we have a follow up with the U-gist on the 15th. As of right now everyone is aware of her problems and they are all communicating so all is good. He said if for some reason he and the U-gist couldn't do it at the same time then he would just put her on the schedule and it would be a couple weeks....YIKES, I'm so glad things are moving but the thought of my LO going under makes me cringe. Oh, she did gain a little weight in the last few weeks...she weighed 13lb 15oz, dressed so probably 13-10, that's 5oz gained.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Mari - Wow sounds like you had a great time in Napa. I would love to go there some day. Disneyland sounds like fun. I have never been to any of the Disney theme parks. We want to take Nate (and possibly a sibling) when he is old enough to enjoy and remember it.

Joy - I am so glad baby and mom are doing better. That was so sweet of your BIL to thank you. You know it really meant a lot to them and yeah that you got to be a part of it too.

Kim - I hope your cord comes in soon. We miss you too! Enjoy your afternoon / evening off.

Kristen - I would love to start walking in the evening we just cant even find 15 minutes! Its so hard to believe but we are running from the time our feet hit the floor in the morning until Nate goes to bed at 8:30 and most of the time even after that.

AFM - Not much new. Nate is in a GREAT mood the last few days. Everything is hysterical to him. He just laughs non stop. The ladies at daycare even mentioned it. I am glad he is getting back to his old self. Only a few more days of meds and hopefully we will be well for a while. I know I say that everytime but there is always hope, right?

We are still moving offices at work. I am moving into the office of a former employee who was known as being the "gross" employee. I have been in there with lysol and gloves and I still feel like I need a shower. I cant tell you how discusting and cluttered and dirty her office WAS. So much dust and grime. The carpet is a completely different color where she sat than anywhere else. So gross. Luckily the boss man offered to paint the office for me because he felt bad asking me to take it. He knew no one would want it. It will be just fine after I am done with it.

I am working on getting Nate's 6 month photos ordered. I cant wait to show you guys. Not many turned out as cute as they could have. If only I had known he was sick I would have rescheduled. I can see it when I look at the pics. He just isnt himself. Oh well... I should get going if I am going to make it to target for frames during lunch.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Amy- I feel like I need a shower after reading your last post...That sucks that you have to clean up after her.I was always clean at my desk so I'm glad I was never the "gross employee"....Good luck chica!

Diana- At least the people need are talking.To often they don't talk about things until there's problems and then it's the blame game... Could Aubrey's slow weight gain have anything to do with her medical conditions? Just curious...

AFM: Everyone else's posts are on a different page and I'm rushing to do 500 million things before Dylan's game tonight(it's supposed to pour!) so sorry to those I missed(Still love you guys though!) Really there's nothing new and exciting going on here.I'm irritated with DH's cat. I'm so sick of her jumping on my counter to steal food...Don't know that there's anything I can do to stop her...I made a french bread pizza for lunch today and set it on to of the stove to cool for a few minutes and when I came back(maybe 5 minutes later) the stupid thing(sorry if that offends any cat people) had eaten ALL OF THE CHEESE!!! I'm sorry but she's definetly not my favorite animal. I don't mind other people's cats but I can't stand ours...And she just stole the hotdogs right out of the pan that I was cooking for dinner!!! AAAARRRRRGHGGHGGGHHHH!!! Gotta go figure out now what to make...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Amy...YUCK!!!! I'm sure it will be great when u'r finished.

Shannon, None of the drs say that any one condition would cause her to not eat well and the dr today told me that most the kids with the malrotation that eat poorly before the surgery eat the same after. He said very few change their eating habits. They say she just may be a petite person. I hope she's not a picky eater but more power to her if she can be petite b/c that isn't genetic....far from it.

The dr today also said that recovery depends on how fast her intestines kick in again and she starts eating. He said he's seen 3 -10 days and I'm thinking OH GREAT, this child has done everything on her own schedule and it's been always longer than expected.
But as long as she's all fixed up I'll be happy.

Michelle, Did you say they removed Dawson appendix? I think they are going to remove Aubrey's also.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Diana - Yes, they removed Dawson's appendix. Since they were in there anyway might as well. Your surgeon might have suggest this already....I had them put a central line in Dawson during surgery so he didn't have to be stuck for IV's or blood collections. I also asked for a pain pump so I could push the button and give him the morphine instead of waiting for someone to come in and do it....so much faster. It took him a full 10 days to be able to get up. He was 2 1/2 and he was in serious pain afterwards. I'm not telling you this to scare you....I just think sugar coating it isn't going to help you help Aubrey. The pain is pretty bad when their intestines start "waking up". We used a ton of mylicon and I kept it at the bedside. I didn't want to have to wait for anyone when he was in pain. It took several days before I could hold him because he just couldn't stand being picked up. With Aubrey it might be different because she weighs less and is much smaller. You will probably have to tightly swaddle her if she wants to be picked up....and I'm sure she will. Dawson wanted nothing more than to be held but he couldn't do it so I ended up crawling into the cage like toddler bed with him and holding him tight. You know something Diana, she is probably in some kind of pain but doesn't realize it since it's all she's ever known. You will be amazed at how much she will change when everything gets "fixed". She seems so happy and fun right now....it's going to get even better for her! This surgery will change her life! A malrotation can turn ugly so quickly....I am so glad this was caught before something happened. Dawson's scar looked incredibly big to me in the beginning but as the years have passed and he's gotten bigger the scar has gotten smaller. I put Auqafor on it for several months after it healed and I don't know if that really made a difference but no one even comments on it anymore....even at the pool. If you need anything, anything at all, don't hesitate to call or email me. Aubrey's gonna do GREAT! ;-)

I've had a horrible day and I'm off to bed. So sorry for the lack of personals. I'll try to catch up tomorrow after catering. For the love of God I hope tomorrow is nothing like today....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:24 am

Shannon - that cat reminds me of the one my parents had - she snagged a donut from a taped box without breaking the seal! And also took a hamburger out of the toaster oven while it was still hot! Go figure! Smile LOL

MichelleL - i saw your post on FB - OMG!! Hope today is a better day for you!

Diana - good luck with Aubrey!

Amy - sorry you had to spend so much time cleaning! hope the office is better now!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: I'm off for an appt at the Wound Clinic today so they can check the incision - I'm sure it was better last week before I was picking up a 45lb child for a couple of days! Oh well! I have to call my derm to set up an appt now that I'm not nursing...one of the many things that didn't happen in the craziness of last week! Alrightly - I'm off to take Rayna to school and then drop Logan off with his dad while I'm at my appt. I should be back on later today! Hope everyone has a great day! Thankfully our heat wave has broken and we're back to normal April temps - 60s today and 70s for the rest of the week! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 am

Hey Ladies!
Michelle- Sorry you had a bad day! Hope today is better!

Amy- That sounds gross! I'm a germ freak so I would be freakin out!!

Elise- Good luck at the wound clinic.

Shannon- That cat sounds like a pita!!

Sorry to anyone I missed! My memory isn't working so good this morn!

Have a great day, I'll try to pop in later!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:47 am

Good morning ladies,

Michelle, I appreciate the info and am writing down all the suggestions so I don't forget when the time comes. I would rather have the true facts.
I've always said that she's such a good tempered baby I can't imagine how she'll be when she feels great. I know she knows no different now. I sure hope they don't have to shave her head again to put in the PICC line though, hopefully they can get it in her arm. They did that when she was in the NICU and then it only lasted less that 48hrs. She had 1/2 a mohawk for months. (but i know gotta do what u gotta do)
Thanks for all the info!!! I hope you have a better day.

Amy, I heard that a toddler died from the swine flu in TX. Where was it? That is some scary stuff. I still haven't figured out what it is that makes it worse than other flu though. I can't find any real details.
Be safe!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:04 am

Ok so I must be insane, except I can't help it...I'm going to be starting fostering dogs again...One at a time obviously but I can't say no to a dog in need. Should be interesting...I was actually sought out by a rescue .Apparently one of her friends runs the rescue that I've worked with before...

Kristen:Yup she is definetly a pita! Because I made sure that there was absolutely nothing for her to get into last night she sat on the counter and yowled all night in protest.

Elise- Good luck at the wound appointment! Did Rayna have any issues walking with her new boot in school?Yeah it went from 85 down to 60 within a few minutes yesterday and has been chilly since. I wish it would just level out a bit and stay consistant.But hey it's NY and we've had snow on Mother's Day before!

MichelleL- Aww hope today's a better day for you!

Diana- I was just curious if one had to do with the other...My 4 year old HATED baby food.Would gag and throw up if I fed it to him. He used to eat everything else in sight unless his older outright refused(monkey see monkey do theory).Now he's my picky eater.Well, thats not true eater.He will eat ANY type of junk food or soda known to man but put a green leafy vegetable in front of him and he reacts like it's kryptonite!Sigh...goofy kids!

Kim- How's McKenna feeling today?

Amy- Glad to hear that Nate is on the mend! Maybe he's been exposed to enough now at the daycare that his immune system is fighting back everything.Will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

Joy- That was nice of your BIL to thank you!

AFM: Well nothing new so far today. Dylan's game got postponed yesterday due to the rain(somehow that was my fault) so he's playing tonight.I've now got to figure out how to clone myself to be in 2 places at the exact same time.Any ideas? Other than that, I will be going to actually pick out my foster dog in the next few days. Only reason we're able to do it at all is because they cover the cost of everything.We literally are just a home to stay in and someone to play with. I meantioned that my biggest concern is Lucas.He's mister grabby hands and while I don't let him grab and pull, he is a baby and doesn't know any better yet. So we shall see....Later e-mommas!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:16 am

can u tell i'm busy at work today?!?! I'm hard at it.

Shannon, I wish/hope it does have something to do with it. Maybe if she feels better in general she'll eat better. keeping my fingers crossed.
It's great to have people willing to foster the animals but with everything u have going on...U CRAZY LADY!!

Elise, good luck today...I missed u earlier.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum