Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

+14
Kristen
nursejessicadavis
mythreesons
ladydy
Mari7779
jessijennings
Kim
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
eve2008
tweetie462
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
rocknrollmommy616
18 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 8 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by mythreesons Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Kim- I meant to say that I'm glad that you got to have a peaceful dat to yourself...They are nice to have once in awhile and something you definetly deserve!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 8 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Diana - It sounds like you are really on top of getting ready. I hope to get there soon. I had to take my rings off so early on I hardly remember them. Not really, but I cant wait to be able to wear them again. My body just loves water and holding onto it. It will be interesting to see how much fluid weight we loose.

Shannon - You poor thing. I am sorry you are having another crummy day. Maybe (not hoping or anything) with this urine test you will get to meet Lucas sooner than you think. That would be a positive out of a negative outcome. I hope things get better. I just want to hug you!

Michelle - I hear you on the want to cry. Its like the want is there just under the surface waiting for a reason to come out.

AFM - Well I am back from my DA. Other than gaining another 3 lbs in 2 weeks all is good. That makes 6lbs in 4 weeks. affraid This is not cool. I am eating good and everything. Oh well hopefully we will meet this little guy soon and I can get to loosing this weight. Well I have scheduled my C-section for October 16th. I will have that if my breach baby hasnt turned by October 14th. If he has, we will just wait it out for him to get here when he feels. Looks like I may be the last one of our group to have their LO. Sad That's ok... I am not jealous or anything...

Well I also just got out of a meeting where my company let us know they let 2 more people go and there maybe a couple more let go. We were told it woulnt be anyone of us that were in the meeting but jeeze. I swear this market is so bad that a person in homebuilding cant help but be nervous. Oh well, I guess I should get back to looking busy...

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Shannon/Michelle/ - you are DEFINITELY not alone - I am barely making it through each hour of the day...had strong period-like cramping all day and now nothing except soreness and stiffness everywhere. I think I got up to pee like 5-6 times last night, my toddler was up at 2am, and my dog was growling and barking at 4, everytime I rolled over I moaned in pain...so again - no sleep. Then I go in to teach special education resource classes all day then back home to my rambunctious toddler!

Kim - You totally deserved a day off but I am jealousss! ;o) I think I forgot what adult tv is like - all I have in my brain is Imagination Movers, Blues Clues and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:58 pm

I am with you on the soreness!!! I feel like right where my inner thigh meets my pelvis is just going to fall off or something. I feel like my stomach is going to fall out through my pelvis. It is a weird feeling, I don't remember this much pressure with my other two, although I was not this heavy either and as my doctor reminds me I am heavy...lol skinny B*&^% but whatever.

So have any of you talked to your doctor about birth control yet? I am looking at the mirena IUD and they can put that in at your 6 week check up. With the last C-section I got cleared back to "wifely duties" at 2 weeks so defiantely don't want to be preggo again anytime soon!!! I think I would oficially lose it and have to be committed if I was preggo before my 7 week leave...lol Since I get preggo if hubby looks at me funny WITH birth control I want to be making REALLY sure I can't get preggo again anytime soon. After 3 oops's I am determined if I have another to plan it for sure!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:24 pm

Shannon- mentally...I think you are fried and I can't say I blame you...I would be the same in your shoes. I understand his need to work, but going to get monitored is stressful...when I had PIH last time, someone always had to be with me, I freaked out easily and I would have turned into a blubbering mess if I had been in your situation today.

The break was nice...real nice, but I couldn't sleep at all...I have such anxiety when DD is not with me, DH or my mom. I got a lot done though and my house stayed clean for 8 hours...and those soaps, caught right up in one day! LOL

My Dr. gave me a prescription for Ambien...10 pills, I told her I just wanted to sleep the night before the c-section but she said it was okay to take on nights I just couldn't sleep...I am at my wits end with the lack of sleep so I am taking one tonight.

And yup...birth control has been discussed...well I have demanded...LOL, I am getting my tubes tied during my c-section, no more baby making from me.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Kim- Yeah fried is a nice way of putting it...I'm bordering on a few fruit loops short of a full box...It's understandable that you would be anxious when your DD is with someone other than specific family members...I had a really hard time when my MIL had my boys(turns out there was good reason lol) but I needed that time to get better...Just like you needed your day to yourself...Probably one of the last ones you will get to have for a long time...

Eileen- Yeah I told my doc the first time I went in when I found out I was preggo was that I wanted my tubes tied...Now we haven't talked about it since then and I know that I definetly do not want more kids...But I don't know that I want a permanent end...I've been heavily debating the issue in my head lately especially with how this pregnancy has gone.I too get preggo if DH looks at me.

Amy- Congrats on scheduling your section...It makes it feel more final when you know a definite end is coming...

AFM- Not much to say right now, just really tired and stuffed up...Baby traced well on the NST and I had alot of contrax and some pretty strong ones...Still having contrax tonight...Baby is awful quiet for a little while now..Gonna go find something to shake him up a bit...Night ladies...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:16 pm

I too am thinking about a Mirena (sp?) or maybe even a regular IUD. I've heard some not so great things about the Mirena so it worries me a little bit. Of course it all depends who to talk to. Some people love theirs. I'm just a little worried because it tend to get depressed when I have certain hormones. I would hate to get one and have it not mesh well and have to take it back out. The regular IUD's don't have any hormone, but they can make your cycle heavier. Not so sure I want that either. I just know that I've had two Nuva Ring pregnancies and I won't be going back on that even though it's so easy. (I think both pregnancies were more operator error than anything but obviously that's still a problem).

I got a TON of clothes from a co-worker today. They are all so nice I can hardly believe it. A lot of them still have tags. Now I buy what I think are nice clothes for my DD but I don't go overboard. I don't have a ton of money so it feels really strange to take clothes with tags on them from Baby Gap. I can only shop their clearance..LOL I'm so greatful.. I almost cried..haha.. Told yall it was coming today. Razz
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:22 pm

EWWWWW...I had a nice post with personals and it wiped it out!

So, I'll fill you in on my Dr appt and then I'll do personals tomorrow. My nephew just called and his car broke down on him so I'm going to take him mine.

My BP was perfect 128/70. I'm so glad of that but I'm not much closer to having this baby. My cervix is still a ltitle high but soft and a fingertip dialated. She made me appts for the next 3 weeks so what does that tell us?!?!?! I can't imagine going a full 40 weeks but I guess if thats what the LO needs I'll tough out the sausage fingers.

I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow. Have a good night..
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:38 pm

so I have been such a slacker and not moved over from baby center, until today when someone mentioned Eve having her baby, and I realized I am missing out! lol. So late congrats EVE!!!! Very Happy

Glad to see all ya'll ladies doing good.

I have been enjoying my time off work. Gets really lonely here during the day with Dh being at work and Ds being at school, but I clean and sleep, oh yeah and sleep some more. I am sooooo exhausted!! The pelvic pain has gotten a million times worse. She is moving around like something insane! I told her if she came out there is plenty of room to stretch out! I go to the doc every 3 days!! I go back on Thrusday. On Monday I got checked again to make sure the baby's head was down....after he got done reaching to my throat he said he felt her head fine and I was still only a one! Sad So dang!!! Can I also point out I am tired of NSTs, I don't know if anyone else feels that way. The girl who was getting a NST next to me got put into labor that day...I got sent home and told to come back in 3 days!!!! 9 more days until my due date....9 more! And I want an ultrasound, I would like to know how big this baby is. DS was 8pounds 3 ozs and 22 1/2 inches long, so I am kinda curious. but they haven't offered one!!!

Moving on... my step bro and his wife had a baby in jan when we first found out we were pregnant...well she got pregnant again in late feb, and was supposed to be due in Dec, but ended up having it on monday, at 26 weeks. so its a little crazy they have popped out two in the time i have been preggers.

So my doc asked me twice if I wanted my tubes tied. I said uhhh no, I'm only 25, and this only makes number 2....I'm not done... I am thinking of the Mirena....cause we waited 8 years in between these, there is no telling when we will decide to do it again!

All right I am done rambling! Since I'm not working there is no one to do the pregnant chatting with, so I have to get it all out on here. Dh has no clue what I am talking about half the time, so eh this is my vent source! alien
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 pm

I don’t know what to do about BC, I have talked about the mini pill and the timing thing but ill be honest it doesn’t sound to absolute. I keep getting told oh yeah its fine very accurate.. I know a lot of people who have got pregnant off of it and I’m thinking wrap it or pack it DH..

Its been such a long stressful disappointing day. Lo isn’t coming for nearly another month. Husband is making me want to just shoot myself. Its like he has lost all common sense in the face of cleaning..
I know I should be happy he is trying to help but he washed the trash can out in my just scrubbed tub (I was planning on taking a lovely bath after we got the deep household cleaning done) he put the plunger down on the just moped floor (it has a little bucket) then he put the toilet brush in the sink. After scrubbing the toilet clean ( omit actual cleaner.) I have tried patiently showing him flush brush flush cleaner, whip rest of bathroom brush flush done! But its so much easier to just move the junk around with the brush and pretend you cant smell the gross..
I’m probably obsessing to much but its like everything we tried to do was just a flummox vacuumed the car the cord wont reach I tell him get the extension cord he comes down with a power strip I’m trying to not bang my head on the wall.. I make a neat little pile of some of the important papers he throws them away he gets them out of the trash (apartment dumpster) and throws them in the babies car seat..
So now I’m rewashing the car seat and basically accepting the fact that trying to clean today ahs put me pretty much worse off then I was before I tried..
My head is throbbing and I need food but he has decided to try to mop the kitchen.. only I know for a fact the floor cleaner is in the bathroom so no idea what he is using for soap.. do I want to know?
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:29 pm

Nurse Jessica Glad to see you was wondering how you had been now that you are home!

Jessi- I have had quite a few days like that, I honestly think it is partly our hormones adn partley their pure ineptness (spelling?) but eother way I ahve learned when it is going like that might as well get off the train and go take a nap...lol

Diana- it did that to me earlier and I was fuming! it's the thought that counts...lol

AFM- I am of to bed hopefuly to sleep but wil get in bed anyways...lol Kim my Dr ofered me ambien but unfortunatley it makes me hallucinate so yeah for me no ambien Rolling Eyes but that is okay i will just nap at work tomorrow...lol hopefuly we can hear from bekah soon!!!

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:22 am

*SIDE NOTE** I'm so sorry people are losing posts.. that really sucks. Are they getting deleted when previewing or posting? I can look in to it and see if there is anything listed about it.

I haven't lost any yet, but because I keep hearing about it, I alway do a select all (Crtl+A) and a copy (crtl+C) before I push preview or send.. that way if it doesn't work I can just paste back what I wrote. HTH some.. I'll look into it thought and see what I can find.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:04 am

I usually write my bits in word or something due to spell check.. mozilla has an auto spell check though ti underlines words in red and i can just right click.. still prefer word so even if it deletes my posts i can just recopy and past you know?
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:33 am

Michelle, I lost mine only once and it was giong from preview to send.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 am

I only had problems the one morning but by mid day all the posts that went "missing"were back, so I think it may be a server error...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:20 am

Morning Ladies!

Just stopping in for a sec. Crazy times here at work. It looks like they want me to take over HR. Which is cool, but I dont know how much good I will do for 3 weeks and then back after 12 weeks. I am looking forward to the bit of change. I got my bag packed last night. I am only missing a couple of small things that I cant pack until they are needed. Like I was told to take a hairdryer. Ok - well we have one and I am going to have to dry my hair from now until we go to the hospital. So that has to wait. Other than that its all done.
DH is going to pack his bag tonight and get himself ready. Poor guy is starting to become stressed out. His work is stressful and he is worried about the baby and me. He has been loosing sleep and everything. I wish I could take it all the stress away. Its so hard being a guy sometimes. Being a girl isnt always a picnic but we are wired different. I think I have had 9 months to come to grips with this and to him it hasnt been real up until a month or so ago.

I guess that is all for now. I should go and get some work done.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:31 am

Amy- Yeah for the guys it doesn't become real until the end..Luckily your DH has realized it BEFORE your actually in labor...LOL...We feel the LO's move and get the big bellies and those still don't clue the guys in because it's not them it's happening to...KWIM?It's still hard watching them run around like chickens with their heads cut off like that though...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 am

Eileen, I was thinking about some kind of pill for BC. DH an I haven't decided if we're going to try again but if we do it will be soon...like 6-9 months b/c I am already 40. If we decide not to have anymore then DH is getting snipped.

Amy, I feel ya on the weight girl. I did so well until about 34 weeks with the swelling. In my last 3 visits I have gained 11 lbs. At first my Dr really stressed about not gaining too much but now she's very nice about it just being water. I know it's not food intake b/c my stomach is smashed and I'm full in a few bites.

Shannon/Michelle, I'm not having contrax or cramping but I'm so miserable from my swelling. My feet I can kind of contain if I put on socks & shoes but my hands are driving my crazy with the tingly feeling.

Michelle, That was nice to get those clothes. Money or not, they just don't wear them long enuf to spend a ton of money. I know it will be hard to hold myself back but I'm going to try hard. I have a girl at work that had a little boy last Dec so if I have a boy, she's passing on clothes and I am grateful.

Kim, So did the Ambien work for you? I hope you got to sleep.

Jessica, I'm with you on being at home and DH going to work. I am working from home but without the distractions of the office I have a ton of time on my hands. It's been 3 days and I'm already going stir crazy. Then last night I let my nephew borrow my car for the rest of the week...so I'm feeling trapped here.

Jessi, I know it's frustrating when they make more work for you than they're helping but he's trying.... Fortunately for me, DH was raised by a particular little German lady and he's really good at not only helping but adjusting to the way I like it to be done.

AFM:LO was so active yesterday...more than ever before and now today much quieter. I hate when that happens, it always makes me nervous.

Have a good day ladies. I'll check back later.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:37 am

Amy, I made a list of things like that that I needed to pack at the last minute and I put it with my bag. That way if it's me or DH getting the bag, hopefully nothing will be forgotten.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:46 am

Its funny that yours worries.. I mean well its not but you know. I’m going nutz worrying about everything and my dh is like this is so cool your gonna shoot a baby out your giner! >.< I just look at him like he’s a smurf standing in the living room sometimes.
I don’t get the chicken then either he is so calm.. He says it’s the sere training the military put him though I think its just that he’s so laid back nothing gets to him. It was like oh we have three tornados coming this way? Better get my ds charged its gonna be a long night huh..

Diana
Yeah mine says I’m being mean wanting things done “MY” way.. excuse me but I seriously think that its not my way to consider cleaner be used when cleaning not just water?

Dh came home today on his way to some thing on the other side of base just “popped by” he said it was cute but I was asleep! Lol I got up and kissed him and he got me some grits ( I love grits he loves instant grits we have a hot water spicket thing so its like two seconds and he has made me breakfast) so now I’m like man.. I was actually asleep! But trying to just be grateful he was trying to be sweet.
He still has this belief that he needs to help me stay on a schedule. The nurse told him I have to sleep whenever I can and he is okay with naps but if he comes home and I’m asleep he seems to think I should wake up! He can fall asleep instantly cant i? He doesn’t get it that sleep is like precious gold or something right now..
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:47 am

oh can anyone see my siggy? Maby ive messed it up but i cant see it?
jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:31 pm

I still see your avatar, but not a siggy Sad
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Hey Ladies

Jessi- mine is the same way he said the other night I am so ready for you to have this baby, I was like YOU are?!?!?! what about me!!! He says he wants "me" back I was like um I am right here and my libido has freaking skyrocketed (sorry TMI) so have at it...lol He just smiled and was like um no.

Kim haven't seen you all day did the ambien work too well?

Diana- I wouldn't worry too much about slowing down on the movements. they are totaly out of room, adn they are so big now atleast mine is it is REALLY uncomfortable so when he is still I am like YEAH!...lol

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:57 pm

LOL!!! I did sleep really really well last night, I think I only got up once to pee around 4am...usually I am up at least every two hours if not more.

But I had my last biophysical ultrasound this morning and then we went grocery shopping for the final time...which I am sure I will still have to get soemthing. So this is the first chance to get on here.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:34 am

Another trip to L&D...

BP went up again to 150/100 and I was contracting every 1-2 minutes plus had strong cramping. I mostly went in because of the pain. They finally gave me stadol/phenergen and the contractions stopped. I got to go home at like 8 last night. I feel like my body has been hit by a truck. I seriously think I am allergic to hospitals too my throat is all swollen again like last time. I am still cramping.

I am so pissed because no one will give me answers to why I feel like this. My blood work was fine, urine fine, BP went down...so why do i feel like this?

Now I am scared that I will just ignore real labor and end of having this baby on my bathroom floor! I am not going back to the hospital for another "false alarm".

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next