Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

+14
Kristen
nursejessicadavis
mythreesons
ladydy
Mari7779
jessijennings
Kim
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
eve2008
tweetie462
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
rocknrollmommy616
18 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 12 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:32 am

[i]Yay woohoo Shannon I seen you pop on a few times last night then today figured you were either posting or trying to catch up while you had a chance to on all the posts. Glad all went well with you and delivery and stuff.. ouch about the pelvis popping out wonder if that is what my deal is my pelvis has been awful sore lately.

Joy

here is my link I have saved to old bbc board not sure if it will work for any of you ladies that still check over there
http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=640&nav=messages&webtag=bcus8404&tid=9434

Last edited by joyhurt83 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to bbc psp board)

Back to top Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 12 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 am

yeah shannon! congratulations and way to stay strong on the breastfeeding! that can be so tough. he is adorable!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Elieen.. you feeling better? Did you go home. Sounds like a day off might be in order for you. How's the heel healing up? I hate those kinds of injuries.. especially if you have to wear full shoes at work.. ouch!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:37 pm

YAY! I'm glad you guys put the link up for here... I was a bit lost this morning when I went to the other board and it had changed. Good to see everyone. Sounds like things are rollin' right along for everyone - how exciting!!!! Very Happy

I have a DA here in about 2 hours. I'm hoping to find out quite a bit...first exam since the initial pregnancy exam in the beginning. At my US last week, baby was measuring 6lb 15 oz (YIKES) but you all are probably right about it not being totally dependable. The techie said baby has cute chubby cheeks, a buddah belly, and chubby toes - YAY! Very Happy We'll see what doc says -- I hope it's good news. Good luck to all of you. (And if I ever sign as "diva", no worries...I go to a lot of forums and diva is part of my name in most of them. So this is a change!) Have a great day.
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:00 pm

I am still feeling weird, i ate and got REALLY nausess, I am all jittery like weird. I took some medicine I havn't been taking for the last month today so it must be that. my heel is good ofcourse it would be better if i didn't bump it all the time...lol but i wear flip flops to work now since my feet won't fit into any shoes they are too swollen. my legs are swollen up to my knee too the doctor said if I was delivering vaginaly she would bump up the date but since I am having a C-section she doesn't have a medicaly necessary need to. I was like my comfort is so medically necessary...lol I have been snoozing most of the day in here at work...lol I went to bed at like 10pm and I get up at 5am which is late but I seem REALLY overly tired and jittery. Must be the medicine I took it is an antidepressent I have taken for most of my pregnancy but the last month just didn't need to. my doc got mad that i wasn't though so I started again this morning but if I feel like this again tomorrow forget this! glad to see some new faces and older faces who hadn't moved over yet.
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Shannon your little Lucas is so precious! I love all that hair! I am so happy to hear you all are doing good. Its so exciting!

Kim - I cant believe you will have your little Landree the day after tomorrow! Its all happening so fast! It seems like it has taken forever but now that it is here it has been a flash.

Diana - Good Luck at your DA

Wyo - Good Luck at your DA

Eileen - sorry to hear you are feeling so crummy. It does sound like a reaction to your meds. I might hold off on them if you can for the little time you have left. Especially if they make you feel so weird.

AFM - I just got back from my DA and they have moved my C-Section date up to 10/13. They were unable to get October 16th so the 13th it is! Why is it that moving it up 3 days gives me an anxiety attack? Its only 3 days - it feels like they moved it up 3 months! I just need to relax. I will get what I need to get done and that will be it. Wow... a week from Monday I might have my little guy! So I go in on Tuesday next week and they are doing another growth scan / breech check. If he is still breech I can come back in on Friday for another check and if still breech then Monday I have a baby. It feels like its too soon and not soon enough at the same time.

I guess that is all I have for now. I hope you all are having a good Tuesday!

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:38 pm

Amy my C-section is the same day! Mine is supposedly around 12:30 but I ahve to be at teh hospital around 10:30am. that is so cool! So are they wanting to induce you and if yours is breech do a C-section? How are you feeling about the C-section?

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Eileen - No that is just a straight C-section day due to the baby being breech. If the baby has turned by the Friday before then we wait for normal labor to kick in. How funny we have the same day and almost the same time! Mine is at 12:00. I am ok with the C-section if I have to have it. I would rather not have surgery but with him being breech I would rather schedule a C then to go into labor and deal with all of that to go ahead and have the C anyway.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 pm

I hate afternoon surgeries...you have to starve!!! I so feel for you guys.Thank goodness mine is at 8 am...right now I have about 33 hours to go until she is here...I am feeling very very tired and uncomfortable though.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Hey ladies,

Eileen & Amy, that's cool, same day, almost same time!
Eileen, hope u feel better...probably the meds

Kim, wow 33 hrs....exciting!

AFM: Went to the DA and they didn't have me scheduled....I scheduled 3 weeks appts last week and they didn't have any of them. So I was frustrated but not really upset, didn't have anything else going on.
But, my BP was a little high again, I think b/c of the frustration, so I have an induction date of the 8th if nothing has happened on it's own. I was only dialated to 1cm today. My Dr is the Dr on call in the practice this weekend though so I'm good to go from today on out.
Well....now that it's actually here, I'm a little freaked out! I'm not sure why I've been so impatient the last week and now they've put a date on it, I'm being all weird!!!!! go figure

Have a good night ladies.....
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:42 pm

I almost forgot the best part.... I lost 3 lbs!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Diana I am feelign the same way ever since my C-section got scheduled. I am like wait not quite ready...lol my body is so ready though! and I am so tired of feeling like this but yeah i know the weird feeling you are talking about. Have a goodnight and hopefully tomorrow the meds will be better because i didn't get a darn thing done today and I can't have days like that I need to get all my school work done so when I have the baby I can relax some!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by wyo_mommy Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Ok so DA was a roller coaster today. Good news is BP was great, weight is great, no protein in my urine, no swelling in my legs (my feet are a bit, but not a biggie), heartrate is good.... Now the worrying begins LOL. Baby is measuring at 38 wks (i'm 36) and, like I said before, according to the US 6lb 15 oz already. Doc doesnt know what to do as of yet...said he'd see me in a week. But then had his nurse go to research what the expected weight would be on a baby that is as big now as it is by the time we reach 38 wks. Havent heard back yet... He said he wouldn't let baby get to be 9 lbs like my DD was and probably won't go to my due date. now I have to not freak about when he DOES decide is the day! YIKES!!!!!! I'm so excited and SOOOOO scared at the same time. He pushed all around and 'irritated the crap' outta baby, then did the pelvic exam and MAN am I sore and crampy now. I forgot what all that is like!!! Very Happy It's all flooding back now...
wyo_mommy
wyo_mommy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 am

Eileen,
I really hope your okay that sounds crazy, please keep us informed. Get some sleep and such though.

Shannon
Yeah at least yours just popped once. I squatted down to get the laundry out of the washer and hear POP my husband looked at me like I had just grown a squid out of my forehead or something.. then he started being all babyish about it and being grossed out.. he looks at me like I’ve grown horns or something now…

Good to hear your milk came in but you know that colostrums that you have before the milk is incredibly helpful to the baby too, they have done studies that show even in your colostrum your body produces exactly what your baby needs it knows somehow and does it.
I hear all babies have a bit of jaundice, donno If its true. but he is so cute I hope everything goes great!

Kim
That must be so cool knowing that your baby is coming in … time lol.
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:19 am

Wyo- That is what my DD was measuring when I went in for my growth scan at 36 weeks...well she was a few ounces less, and I go in tomorrow for my c-section at 39 weeks...I have been measuring two weeks ahead since they started measurements. So I will let you know how big mine got in the last three weeks...honestly I am not expecting anything bigger than 8 1/2 lbs, which I think is fine.

So that is the news for me...in 24hrs, I will be holding little Landree...I won't have access to the internet until I come home, hopefully on Sunday, there is wireless at the hospital but my bum of a DH won't let me bring my life line...he says this will be an internet free birth...LOL. Today we are taking DD to gymnastics and doing laundry and hanging out for our last day of a family of three...
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:38 am

Kim- that is how we are going to do it do some family stuff the last free day we have before. That is so exciting!

AFM- okay i give up, i told my boss today that i can't make it another week and a half here at work so i am going to work up to this saturday and saturday is my last day until December 1st which puts me burning all my saved up sick and vacation time, but man I can't do this anymore. I will be hating it when i come back to work and get sick but we can't really call in sick anyways unless we are at the hospital becasue we are so short staffed they don't care. Not to mention hubby wil be able to take care of the baby if I am at work and anyting happens. My 2 yr old will start daycare monday so I will be home with no kiddos for a week which is perfect to let me get a bunch of school work done so I can be done with that and have 1 less thing to deal with with the new baby. I took that medicine again today feel still tired but not as bad some though, i will call my doctor today and ask about it. Hope all of you are holding in there and feeling better than me!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:17 am

Hello Ladies,

Diana - I am with you on feeling weird. As soon as they moved it to the 13th I kind of had a mini freak out and almost need a paper bag for the anxiety. At the same time I am very excited and cant wait. Its so strange how that works. Oh and I gained 2 of the 3 lbs you lost. I blame the really heavy lunch my work had catered in right before my appointment. I couldnt help myself. Fajitas, tortillas, rice and beans, chips, salsa & queso. It was SO FREAKIN GOOD that I probably ate 2 lbs of it. Wink

Wyo - My 36 week growth scan put baby between 8.5 & 10.5 lbs at birth. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the 8.5 lb range. We are having another growth scan on Tuesday so we can see how much he has grown in the last couple of weeks. I think between 7 & 9 lbs would be perfect for me! If we can keep it in that range I will be a happy mamma. I will be happy if he is bigger too I would just like to expeierence a smaller large baby.

Kim - So exciting your last 3 person family day. Tomorrow you all will be a 4 person family. I cant wait to see pics! I understand your DHs want for an internet free birth. LOL. We can wait - on pins and needles but we can wait. Very Happy

Eileen - Good for you calling your last day. I wish I could do that getting here everyday is getting harder and harder. So I feel ya! It will be nice that you have the time to get stuff done to be able to not worry about school work so much after your little Daniel is born and be able to concintrate on him and on your recovery.

Jessi - I loved your pics on the fun pictures thread. I just saw them this morning.

AFM - I am trying like a mad woman to get everything done since I feel like I am on a time crunch now. Last night I was virtually useless. No I was trying to make dinner and DH sent me to the couch because #1 my back was hurting and I couldnt stand there and chop tomatoes anymore. #2 he saw how huge my ankles were and he freaked out. He almost thought I needed to go to the hospital. So to the couch I went and he finished dinner. I always get scared when he cooks. Not that he is bad but he is dislexic (sp)and he gets the order things are done in and what things say mixed up. So we end up having some interesting meals when he cooks. It turned out ok.
I have a meeting scheduled with a lady to come and give me an estimate and set up a date to give my house a good deep cleaning today. I am so excited. I have never had anyone clean my house before. This is a gift from DH. He knows how much I want to do things but am just not able to anymore. I am going to make it as close to the birth as possible so when we get home the house is nice and clean. Just think - base boards that sparkle and windows you can see out of! My windows right now are covered in dog nose marks. Embarassed That way people can come over and I am not mortified!

Other than that things are normal - just sitting here wishing my hips didnt feel like they were being pulled to opposite ends of the earth.

I guess I should go and get some work done. Crying or Very sad

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:21 am

Eileen
Good for you! I bet you get some good sleep Razz

Kim
I think that’s awesome that your husband takes charge gets involved and so on. Mine never knows never has any opinion and doesn’t care it seems.. It’s gotta be nice having another adult around the house Razz . I shouldn’t be that bad my husband tries im sure he will get better at it once the kids been around for awhile.

Amy
I read somewhere that was one of the things a husband should do for his pregnant wife, either con friends to come help him clean the house or hire someone to do it. But your husbands pretty awesome I bet he gets no coal for Christmas.
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:42 am

Kim, enjoy your day...and good luck tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see pics. I know I won't be logging on from the hospital.

Amy, YUM!!! I would have gained 2#'s too if I had a meal like that catered for me too. Also, love the idea of having someone come clean. I've had it done once by a friend and it wasn't exactly what I would've done so I've stayed away from it. We cleaned all our windows and screens right before I found out I was prego. After they gave me a date yesterday I told DH last night...time to clean, which thankfully the house isn't bad right now. I've already washed all curtains and DH got on hands & knees and cleaned all the hardwoods & baseboards behind all furniture. But, we'll be doing our dusting and floors this weekend for sure.

Eileen, good for you...I know it sucks not having any days built up but take some time to rest.

Wyo, my estimated weight at 36 week u/s was 6-13. I think they say up to 1/2 # a week is what the baby could gain in the last month. They've been telling me my baby is going to be huge since about week 30 or so but I don't think between 8-9 is HUGE!! A good healthy baby, yes, but not huge.

Shannon, glad the BF is going better for you. I'll probably be needing some advice come next week...

Jessi, they say to take advantage of anything anyone offers. I've had a couple friends offer to come clean but I just can't. One of my sisters offered a while back and if she mentions it again, I will take her up on it, I don't mind putting my sisters out...LOL

AFM: not much going on here just hoping that i go into labor in the next week on my own so no pitocin.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:06 pm

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!!! We had a blast at gymnastics and it was entertaining to see Dh on the floor with DD!!!

Amy- I am giving your husband the best hubby award...what a great great gift!!!! I am jealous!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Wow I'm so tired and brain dead today...I went to type a quick reply and it wasn't giving me the option anywhere to do that and I'm loking and looking and trying to figure out why...Geez I didn't log in...Duh...Last night we got no sleep...Baby was not having anything to do with this sleeping thing...Took him to his first D/A and the doctor was really nice...She said his jaundice didn't look bad to her at all.It looked kinda scary to me today when I saw him under fluorescent light...SHe said it's scary when then they look like they've been colored with a yellow highlighter...LOL can you picture that one?Took DS#2 to McDonalds for lunch thru the drivethru and came home where my key broke in the door...I just stood there and looked at it...DS#2 grabbed my phone and called DH and told him that mommy broke the key to the house and is just looking at it can you let us in?So there are my adventures for the day...

Kim-WOOHOO!!!!Good luck girl!!!I'll be thinking of ya!Give lil miss Landree a hug for me!

Jessi-Yeah colostrum is definetly very good for baby but you feel kind of helpless when they continue to suck away and start screaming and crying because they don't know they're not supposed to be hungry yet...I sooo would love to see a squid come out of your face..That would be sooo awsome!!!And you could make a TON of money with that one!

Diana-I'd love to give advice on breastfeeding but still dont really know what im doing...lol but I bet Lucas can give you some tips!I just point the boob and he does all the work Smile Seriously tho if you have a question and I can I answer I'll be glad to.

Amy-Does your husband give lessons to other husbands on how to be a good hubby?Actually I shouldn't say that.DH has been incredible lately with a capital I...Those fajitas sound sooo yummy...Maybe I can talk DH into that for dinner...Hmmm...Congrats on the date change for induction(think I read it right-please forgive my brain it went from preggo to baby brain)I know when they change things it can be scary but exciting and you are definetly more ready than you know.

Ok will do more personals later...Am fading fast and need a nap...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:59 pm

Shannon- glad to hear things are going well! big kuddos on the breast feeding. I never suceeded longer than a day myself. The jaundiced thing can look scary but as long as you keep on top of it wiht the doctor it is really not a huge deal. Gladf ot hear you are doing well. Don't worry about baby brain, not sure which is workse baby brain or preggo brain, atleast baby brain you have something tangable to say look I am caring for this little person okay!?!?!...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Hello Ladies! My little girl is finally here!!
I went to my DA on Monday morning. I was feeling really sick on my stomach. The night before I had put the car seat and the bags in the car. I felt like something was going to happen. So, at the DA my bp was the highest it had been and then he checked me and it I had dilated to a 3 so, he said "lets have a baby today." So we went to the hospital. They started the induction about 1100am, by 1230 they broke my labor. I wasnt feeling anything. I sure felt that water gushing everywhere. With DS everything happened so quick I didnt have a chance to notice what was going on. So I gushed fluid for a long time. Then around 130 i started feeling some stronger contractions so I got the epidural. I didn't want to hurt like I did last time with DS, so that was probably the scariest part. I was completely calm before then. Well, I was a 4cm when they got done...and then I just laid there...I didn't change! Of course I didn't feel anything, I couldn't feel my legs, I couldn't feel them when they cathed me...nothing... My whole family was just there waiting...They wouldn't let me eat, so I had the worse headache in the world... I just laid there miserable, unable to watch tv...unable to do anything...well as the night progessed they were becoming more and more worried because I wasn't dilating and they started talking about c-sections and all this crap...I was like NO C-SECTION!!! So they bumped the drugs up higher than the protocol per the dr's order, and they put in an internal monitor to monitor contractions...and around 9pm...right when Monday Night Raw came on, I started hurting...and I mean hurting BAD!!! The pain was ripping around my back and was awful. around 0930 they checked me and I was a 5-6...so we waited some more...After 1030 the pain was the worse I had ever experienced... I was hurting sooo bad. I was hitting the pain button and nothing was working. After 1100 i started feeling pressure...like something was ripping out of me... i was screaming and crying by this point... my mom was about to have a fit...she went and got the nurse and i was a 8-9, so she called the doc and started getting things ready...1130pm I was at a 10cm, they took the bed apart and the pushing began. 1145pm she made her debut. I didn't rip/tear, they didnt have to cut me or anything. So I guess the extra long labor was due to DS's labor only being 45 minutes. I ripped and they cut me with him, so I was soooo happy that I didn't have to experience that again. Well, she was 7lbs, 3ozs, and 20 inches long, and she is so beautiful. I was so proud of DH, he held my hand and watched everything and cut the cord. My mom was INCREDIBLE she held my hand, counted contractions, she kept wetting a washcloth and putting it on my head...she was wonderful. I have to admit, i was scared...I was scared of the pain and of something going wrong...but it was well worth it when they put her on my belly.

So now I am hurting, belly pain, cramping, and I am passing blod clots (sorry TMI), so they have me on iron pills because my blood levels are low. Fun Fun Fun....but at least the ole who-ha down there isn't hurting! lol. I am more swollen now than I was before labor...they said just keep an eye on it. so eh.

She is such a great baby and beautiful. She sleeps alot and cries a little. She does have mean looks! Well, I am off to get her ready to eat! I will post a link here for the photobucket pics if ya'll want to see her!

https://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/Chloe/

Hope all of yall are doing great!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:06 pm

WOOHOO Jessica!!!Welcome to baby Chloe!!!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Congrats on Baby Chloe Jessica! How beautiful she is! I am so happy even though it took a while you had a good delivery. So many mommies this week! Take care of not only her but yourself too!

Congrats again!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next