Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

+14
Kristen
nursejessicadavis
mythreesons
ladydy
Mari7779
jessijennings
Kim
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
eve2008
tweetie462
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
rocknrollmommy616
18 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 3 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by Mari7779 Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Wow, im so happy that my babies are finally home but what a roller coaster. Definitely double the work and trying to get them on the same pattern. Well its not too bad with babies..getting use to the 2-3 hrs sleep pattern and feedings but my 3 year old is driving me CRAZY. Im in tears with her because she just doesnt listen to anybody and her behavior is out the door. She screams/yells at everyone/everything. Now we are talking about putting her in a program or back in daycare. I just am an emotional mess with her. sorry to vent but other than that im ok just trying to catch up on sleep and still pumping.

Goodnews-milk a little more and my son latched on for 10 min but Abigail still needs some help. Cant believe the diaper situation..first day we went through 25 diapers..well of for a 5min shower lol before next changing/feedings. Shocked
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 3 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by ladydy Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Amy, you crack me up! if you would see her and watch her, you would SO agree! DH an I were laughing so hard b/c she's SURE she knows what DH's fave dessert is and she told him dessert was a surprise. I told him it would be that same old no flour thick-@ss chocolate tart thing she makes that she INSISTS is his fave...and sure enuf.....we laughed so hard but she doesn't get it, just like Edith.
Then she asks me how I'm feeling and before I can get one sentence out she cuts me off and I hear all 3 of her birth experiences which the earliest was 38 years ago so I'm sure it's not going to be very similiar to mine.
Ok....I won't get on a soapbox.....

Evelyn, sorry to hear about u'r strep b. I had the test on Tues also and am waiting for the results b/c I have 'heplock only' on my birth plan also. I'm going to take it to the Dr with me on Tues so they can put it in my file. Oh, something the doula suggested too was to make sure the heplock goes in u'r forearm (not elbow crease) and not u'r hand b/c you may want to be on u'r hands and knees for pain relief and it may be very uncomfortable if it's in your hand.

Maribel, glad everyone's home. Good luck with all the adjusting. SIL had twins last year an I have babysat several times and it was alot. Get as much rest as you can.... good luck with DD, she will adjust too.

Diana
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:39 pm

[i][b]Well went to the dr yesterday my dr got called on a delivery so I had to see the nurse.. had the Strep B thing done don't know the results though then the nurse checked for dilation and such said I am dilated to 1 and cervix is still way up high and my fundal height is consistently still 6 weeks ahead I measured 41cm and I found out that with my son when they measured me I was like 3-4 weeks ahead so I am expecting this baby to be over 9 lbs if they allow me to go to term. Have not had chance to upload u/s pics to computer nor have hubby take a recent pic of my big belly but will try to get to it soon

Till then take care ladies

Joy
friendofjesus4life@yahoo.com

-- pregnancy due date

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:19 pm

So we had our school Open House tonight and the dress I wore must have made me look HUGE because everyone was making comments like "oh you are never going to make it 4 more weeks" or "wow how are you feeling" or "do they think she will come early"? LOL!!! But I seriously do look like I swallowed a pumpkin! I think once October hits I am going to paint my belly as a pumpkin or wear a shirt and draw a pumpkin on it haha and take pics just for kicks...

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:39 am

Maribel
I’m so sorry to hear about your 3 year olds behavior I’m sure that doesn’t make what is probably already a hard situation any better..

Diana
That hep lock in the arm thing is a really good tip I have been racking my brains going well hand im gonna want to do pelvic rocks and I HATE it in my elbow crease.. ick
I could probably stand it in my forarm..
I get a little annoyed at my doc I always have ot ask for test results its like she didn’t even tell me what my hep test was I assume it was neg of she would have told me but.. who knows!

Joy
I asked about getting the baby measured and they told me they only do it if your diabetic and I guess they just don’t care about measuring my tummy they forget half the time.. suppose it isn’t a real god measurement anyway…

Heather
I had a friend paint her belly into a jack o lantern for Halloween when she was pregnant it was rather cute and she saved photos of it for the baby book..
I think you should do it and make sure to take pics for later!

jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:56 am

Maribel- That is my biggest fear...we are having some issues with our two year old right now with listening and so forth and I am so afraid with my lack of sleep and hormonal state it is going to get worse when we come home with the baby...my only saving grace is that I will have DH home for a week and then my mom here during the days after that.

Eve- sorry to hear about the IV, I had my test yesterday...they do it just incase my water breaks before my section and some of the strep can flow back into the baby....hopefully it won't distract you to much from accomplishing your plan.

AFM- I only have two apts, biophysical us and NST's left...that is right, only 20 days until my c-section!!!! Woo hoo. Yesterday I had my Dr's apt, and it was nice, she actually told me, the way the baby is growing, completely proportionate to herself that she would most likely have been a bigger baby even without the GD. I have to be at the hospital at 6am on the 2nd and c-section is scheduled for 8am....I am more nervous about sending DD to my SIL's than anything, I just don't want DD to give her a hard time...and because I knew I would be way to keyed up to sleep she gave me a prescription for Ambien to take the night before...hopefully I can get one good nights sleep.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:47 am

We are having problems with our 2 1/2 year old too. He is all of a sudden a tantrum thrower again. He got out of that a while back but it has started again. He also doesn't want much to do with mommy but daddy is everything to him. He is up daddy's butt all the time. All this has started it the last month too. His potty trainning is going well though. Ofcourse my mother watches my son and she caudles him beyond beliefe and doesn't follow any of our rules or discipline with him. But he used to be good for us. As son as we get our inheritance we will be getting my 2 yr old into a daycare away from my mother just trapped right now so that makes it even worse. However he still comes up to me and wants to kiss the baby in my tummy all the time. So who knows.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:57 am

Its so funny the diffrences between doctors. My doc measures my belly everytime I go and we had the size determining U/S at 34 weeks. I guess its just their preference and what they want to submit to insurance companies.

I dont have personal expierence but I have heard that siblings do go through a period of adjustment during pregnancy and after the baby(s) are born. This can include everything from being ultra clingy to acting out to not wanting to socialize. Hopefully this wont last too long for you toddler moms and they dont drive you too crazy. I think it gets under control once they figure out their place in the family and how things are going to work. - Then again FTM here and I am just going off of what I have read and heard on different programs.

Kim - you are geting so close! How exciting! Its so hard to believe that all of this is around the corner for us.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:38 am

I'm in the same boat. A little worried about DD. Plus her ignorant dad doesn't help.. coming home telling her. Oh, in a few weeks your mommy won't have any time for you. Your going to want all my attention. Nice thing to tell a 3 year old. Not to mention it's a CROCK! She seems to be going through some of the same stages though, wants to be really helpful, but gets tired and cranky and clingy. She asks tons of questions so I think she'll be ready when it happens, I'm just not sure what she'll do when he is taking up time at home.

Kim - Wow! You are close! How exciting. This week has just been draging for me. I have my u/s on Tuesday and it still feels like an eternity away.

Amy & Eileen- Are you guys bracing for IKE at all? I think it's mostly going to miss us, but we have lots of people in town and they've cancalled the football games and are closing allt he schools early today. I was actually hoping we would get a little more of it that it looks like we will. I really wouldn't mind being stuck in the house for the weekend.

Anybody else been really cranky lately?? I'm just totally irritated all the time. I'm trying to shake it off because although I'm really not that comfortable I know it could be worse. I think it's just a combination of things going on, but I just have ZERO tolerance for almost anything that's not my way. LOL I'm not blowing up at anyone, just frustrated by everything.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:09 pm

I am so with you...I feel bad, I have zero tolerance for anything and everyone!!! My DH is a saint...
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:24 pm

I am so annoyed with people right now! ugh first off a Sgt
(supervisor) who isn't even my damn supervisor calls complaining that I am not answering these damn public inquiry lines (people calling to see if their person is in jail) well the computer system is down so I have nothing to tell them. SO fine I will answer the damn lines and say I have nothing to tell you right now call back later. So out of 20 calls in teh last 30 minutes so far only 15 have cussed me out or argued with me really that is normal but why answer the damn phone in the first place!?!?!? If i don't the system says I am not answering the calls but I am tired of getting cussed at and argued with and getting things like "what kind of a jail are you running" questions. I swear I am going to unleash a hormonal prenangt mess on the next person who tries to be rude to me today.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:35 pm

I was expecting to have problems with DS when DD was born, but he loved being a big brother and was very helpful....we did everything we could to keep his routine the same, which I think helped...and we're doing the same thing this time -- the kids are pretty established in terms of their daily schedules and that won't change once the baby comes...only 2 more NSTs and DAs and 1 more ultrasound until this baby arrives! he's still breech, but that's okay since i'm having a section anyway! whoo hoo!!! Very Happy
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:53 pm

It's just hard believe how close it is to becoming a reality! Being a FTM sometimes it still seems so surreal.

I finally found out my strep b is neg. I'm glad I won't have to have the anitbiotics.

Have a great weekend ladies! All you TX ladies, batten down the hatches and stay safe!
Diana
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Jessi- Hmm that is weird they would say they only do it for diabetics.... I never had GD with any of my pregnancies and they always did an U/S towards the last to get a size estimate of baby based on measurements and such. I think they are just being lazy about it with you... Darn dr get paid lots of $$ and skimp on their performance..

Not really nothing new here Just noticed a few newer comments so figured I would check them out also I posted a pic of my belly on the thread for the belly pictures. Hey I got a question while I am typing has anyone had a problem when you compose a reply and you go to preview before posting and your message disappears completely? I was posting my answers to the one survey Kim made up and go to the very end and was gonna preview it and when I clicked on preview the darn thing completely went blank in message box. I was so irritated about it because it took me forever to do it so I didn't end up redoing it over I was too upset that it disappeared on me. Alright I guess that's all for now.

Joy
friendofjesus4life@yahoo.com flower

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Jessi - What kind of OB office are they running? I bet they've never had a plus size mom b4 so they don't know how to measure. how stupid. My doc measures me EVERY time I go in. On principle! If you're paying a doctor to basically make sure you and your baby are okay, they damn sure better be measuring that baby! What if he was too little or too big? That sounds fishy to me. You should tell him he needs to measure you even if it is just for your peace of mind. And what, he's gunna say no? If he did tho, I'd make SUCH a huge fuss talkin about how he doesn't deserve to be a doctor if he can't even measure a baby! okay. i'm done ranting. lol But ask him if he will measure you next time just to give you peace of mind. Of course I guess if he didn't know how to measure a plus sized patient he could say you are measuring three weeks ahead. But any IDIOT can tell whats fat and what's not. I mean seriously, I have fat all up on my belly and my doc still knows which is the baby and which is the fat. They just have to press a little harder to get thru the fat and feel the uterus. What a douche. Sorry I really am done ranting now. lol

AFM - Just waiting for the dreaded hurricane. Going to a midnight showing of the wizard of oz sing-a-long with my sister and her boys at this theater that is filled with couches and stuff and blankets. should be fun! Then tomorrow I'm staying in all day cuz I'm terrified of the wind being super strong. I may do the same on sunday too. DF is supposed to get a call from the city on Monday to let him know if he got a job with them. I really hope he gets it because he really hates it at walmart right now. Then Tuesday is my next DA woohoo!!!! It's coming up so fast! YAY!!!!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:01 am

Well it is official ladies the first IKE baby has been born I copied from MSN below

"And an evacuee from Calhoun County gave birth to a baby girl in the restroom of a shelter with the aid of an expert in geriatric psychiatry who delivered his first baby in two decades.

"It's kind of like riding a bike," Dr. Mark Burns told the New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung after he helped Ku Paw welcome her fourth child."

in a shleter bathroom no less?!?!?!?!? I would of thrown a fit...lol

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:19 am

ok i got these in an e-mail and i just can't resist you have got to see these!

[img]October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 3 Image013[/img]

[img]October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 3 Image014[/img]

[img]October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 3 Image015[/img]

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:31 am

LOVE the last one.. too funny!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:04 pm

Well Ike proved to be aboslutely nothing for the Austin area but I got a day off of work out of it so not complainning...lol My frinds from church are throwing me a baby shower today that is totally me. there will be like 6 couples there so it will be more of a BBQ with presents and beer which is more my style so I am exctied. I didn't think I would have one just because most of my friends are men and well men don't think about that and everyone in my church group is having babies themselves (4 of the 6 couples are preggo or have just had their babies) so it brought me to tears when they told me! Hope all of you are doing well I am off to take a nap before my shower!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Does it count if my DH is acting like a 2 year old?

That’s awful that he would say that to his child! My parents did a lot of that when they divorced I was 4 so I actually stopped talking when I was a kid.. didn’t do to much though it was like oh yeah.. btw you stopped talking for a few years but you started again ! lol
I think I’m more cranky then normal too.. which may be why my DH is being so … whatever he is being.. I’m trying to just be a bit nicer to him but it doesn’t seem to be working yet..

Joy
She said she would do one at the very end, but military doesn’t pay for much and she doesn’t want me to get charged.. she’s been so awesome about most things they have been fighting me though the whole thing I keep getting “this is not covered pay this bill” and she’s like ummh yes I did need to do a blood test on you and yes I do have to check your cervix.. she puts someone on it and lets them gripe out my insurance for me.. But yeah she is a bit absent minded sweet but forgetful..

jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eve2008 Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:32 pm

Diana: thanks for the advise on the heplock, i hadnt thought of that. i will deff keep it in mind....
im with all of you on the feeling cranky, sometimes i feel happy and exited and others i start to cry of how uncomfortable i am....i have such a hard time walking around, my whole lower area hurts, and now i feel pressure on my rear....mw said it will get worse before it gets better....i love that!! how i just have to deal with it. everyday is a mission.... and ds2 who is 4 is also being a brat!!! sometimes i feel like im doing something wrong, and everyone says its because im prego! i hope it goes away soon.....
hope eveyone is safe from the hurricane, and i hope you all had a nice weekend..........ps today we had ds2 b-day party at chuck e cheeses...im glad its over though, i hate wabbling around and being tired....tomorrow is another day...
eve2008
eve2008

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Now I have a pinched nerve or something going on in my way lower back right on top of my butt so now I walk with a waddle and a limp - i seriously must look ridiculous and diseased! Its soo much fun to sit on ice too...

Has anyone that had a previous c-section feeling a constant ache and pain at there old incision site? Last time I mentioned it to my OB she said it was stretching, but this is deep pain/ache...

Is tomorrow Monday already?
Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:20 am

Morning Mommies!

I am also on the emotional roller coaster. You know you have crazy hormones when you start tearing up and actually shead a few tears while listening to Ice Ice Baby! I mean REALLY! I am a wreck!

Heather - I have had the nerve pain in my butt for months. It just feels like someone is stabbing me repeatedly with a knife in my right cheek. It makes me limp too. I call it the pregnant pirate look.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We finally have georgus weather here. I want to be outside enjoying it so much. I guess I will settle for seeing it through my office window.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:21 am

Oh me too me too.. The weather is beautiful here today. I wish my computer was a laptop! DD said it was cold. I said no way.. this is the best.

How much rain did you Plano girls get? I'm with Elieen.. we got a great big ZERO. I was kind of sad about it. I love storms.

I got DD's halloween costume this weekend. She decided to be Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz and has already changed her name and been wearing it around for the last two days. It's hilarious.. no she's just in a panic that she doesn't have a Podo.. (Toto) dog. Now I wish I didn't get have a cosutme for the baby, so he could be the lion or scarecrow. I might breakdown and get one. I just don't want to spend a lot if it's going to be to big. I already have a bee cosutme that I got for $1.

I have my growth u/s tomorrow and I'm really excited to see what's going on in there. It's almost like having my 20 week all over again. They'll be mostly checking size and my placenta which was low lying at 20 weeks. But I just want to make sure he's a he! LOL
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:45 pm

Have fun at your ultrasound! I always love having them. Getting to see my little one. Hope the placenta is in a better spot too!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next