Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOVEMBER ALREADY!

+11
Kristen
Tscadden
tweetie462
Mari7779
Chaycethedogs
mythreesons
RobbieandLexisMommy
eileen bauer
rocknrollmommy616
Kim
PolloLoco75
15 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

NOVEMBER ALREADY! - Page 2 Empty Re: NOVEMBER ALREADY!

Post by Chaycethedogs Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:33 pm

Kristen - we are in the same boat. NO SLEEP. Brenden has been so gassy and his poop is like a blow out of yellow runny mush. He's on Nutramigen so I don't know what else to do. It seems like this formula is thinner (like the difference between water and milk) and he is actually spitting up at feedings...which he never did before. I'm tired..so tired....and I can't think straight. We have tried everything....treating for reflux (including propped up bed, upright for 20mins after feeding, feeding upright, zantac & prevacid), gripe water, mylicon, 4 different formulas, rice in the bottle, tylenol, rocking, swinging, bouncing, binky's....I just can't think of anything else! We even lay him on his tummy on the floor 3 times a day and let him just toot up a storm...which he does. How much gas can one little human have for pete's sake????
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Elise-{{HUGS}}That sucks, I'm sorry about your DH's job.I went through that earlier this year while I was preggo, except it was my office that closed.I could've written your post above that too tho...Lucas was up at 11:30pm, 2:30, and 5:30am and he's done that for the last 2 nights...

Kim-Wow that's ALOT of money!!I'd be upset with the state too!!! Hope they got everything straightened out for you!I do get out of the house, daily in fact, but its definetly the adult interaction that I miss and crave.I know this phase will pass, but I guess I just don't feel like I'm really helping out my DH much(he's working 2 jobs to pay bills-but he has done this for 2 years now)but with the hours he works it's hard for me to get a job or do any side projects to make money, unless I'm making enough to cover daycare.Does that make sense(am a bit sleepy right now so don't know if I'm making any sense)

AFM-Am starting to get a head cold and the only thing that loosens it up for me is something that I can't take too often because it'll decrease my milk supply...Ugh...Am totally loving all the smiles I'm getting from Lucas though!When I pick him up I get those great big gummy grins!DH got his grin the other day from Luc and he cried...It's so amazing that such a little person can reduce such a big person to tears with something as sweet and simple as a smile...It awes me...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:44 pm

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! We went back agn to the ped and he upped her prevacid to 30mg and told us to wait a few days to try the nutramigen and keep her on the enfamil ar for the spitting thru her nose...but her butt is still soooo bright red every time she poops even though i have that special prescription cream which makes me suspect milk allergy?

Have you tried Mylanta Supreme? you can give it 2 hours after his other med for breakthrough gas and reflux..1/2 tsp.

Lexi also sleeps in her bouncy and I have to curl up right next to her face all night and breathe on her for her to stay asleep. The min I go to the bathroom or move positions her eyes pop wide open! We also have a box fan and humidifier running on high for white noise in the room.

Are you swaddling him? Lexi hates to be swaddled, but her hands wake her up so i have been forcing it on her and it seems to help her rest for longer stretches...

There is a great board/website for other reflux moms if you want to check them out momswearingpuke.com and infantrefluxdisease.org

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:43 pm

i have to add she has only slept an hour on and off alll day today!!! how can a newborn not be exhausted?!?!

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Kim- OMG! I would be losing it!!! callign everyoen and their mother and telling the nurses to pay my bills...lol ug i am so sorry.

Elise- if you are on your husbands insurance look into COBRA to continue it until he can get something else. Also career builder and criagslist have job postings. If he needs help with his resume I am good at that stuff if you need any help. jsut let me know I am so sorry. Quite a few of poeple on here are goign through tough tiomes with jobs. I am prayign for all of you and I really mean that.

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:04 pm

Eileen - thanks, but his resume is already done and has been out for a bit. We are on his insurance, but they have to give him a termination letter 90 days before his last day and then he'll get his severance package. The hard part is he's in IT and that's where everyone is cutting right now or using contractors 'cause then they don't have to pay benefits. He's been looking for a while, but it's hard to find IT jobs that are at or close to his pay level right now.

AFM: Logan and I had a pretty decent day - he was actually awake for a lot it, but not crying - i had him on the floor for a bit playing on his activity gym mat and he was "sitting" on the couch (ok, so the boppy was on the couch and he was lying on that) and looking around. he even stayed in the pack n' play and looked at the toy bar for a bit too. Maybe this means he'll have a better night?? he also didn't have a lot of formula today and had superpoop (double diaper) and then another poop so maybe his tummy has been bothering him....wonder what i ate that he didn't like?? I'll cross my fingers and toes that tonight is not any worse than the last few nights. DH and ODS are at scouts tonight, and DD passed out on the couch about 10 min ago...grrr....hopefully she'll stay asleep when DH gets home to carry her up to bed - i would, but she's 45lbs now and WAY too heavy awake let alone asleep!!

Ok - Logan and I are done typing (he's nestled in my arms while lying on the desk). Hope everyone has a good night.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:41 am

OOooOOO Bekah I have never heard of that putting a IUD in while on period....wouldn't that be like super messy? Sounds like quite a few of us ladies on here are having financial issues. My hubby has been without a job since last April and went to school for truck driving from last Sept up until like April of this year and finished it and was lookin for work but no one will hire for local without experience and I didn't really want him going OTR and be gone for weeks at a time. And he was getting unemployment up until 2 weeks ago when he recieved his last check. He already got the 13 week extension so right now we have rent that was due on the first and our other bills will be coming in shortly we have our van we are still paying payments on and ins too. And that was our only source of income. So we are wondering what we are gonna do. He is still searching for work but nothing has come up thus far. If something doesn't breakthrough fast though we will lose our apt and our van and will be without both. The van is our only transportation also. So I am a bit stressing at that.We have asked for state help but they won't even attempt to help with rent until we get an eviction notice first then I don't even know if they will pay the whole amount. And the monthly assistance of cash for us to get that we would both have to be out looking for work or going to the classes they have at their center which is 30 miles away from my home. Also the amount they give per month is like 400 and something and that wouldnt even cover our rent which is 600 and we pay our elec and phone. And that would also mean putting kids in daycare and I dunno what I would do with Elijah who goes half day kindergarten because the time he gets outta school I would be in their class thingy and no one to get him from school so that wouldn t work out either.So I am with you guys on the job and finance troubles all the way. I hope something comes up soon though I dont want to lose our home and vehicle and have 3 kids on top of it all. Please keep us in your prayers if you pray...

Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:38 am

My heart goes out to all of you facing job loss. This economy is really stressing. Companies just can't afford to pay people anymore...it's really disheartening. The banks have taken such advantage of people...giving them home loans they couldn't afford, offering adjustable interest rates (so the payment soars when interest rates go up) to people who think they are getting a good deal (mostly first time buyers), upping credit lines so people will charge more then upping the fees when they can't pay....so criminal! It's all a spiral downward. People can't pay their bills so they stop spending, companies can't afford employees because people aren't buying. And then when citizens need help for the basics like rent, electric, auto, and food they are given way too little way too late. On the news last night (I live in Houston) they were showing a citizen of Galveston who was complaining about FEMA and their lack of help. She showed the letter denying her any housing benefits because the FEMA rep who inspected her property said her home was still habitable....her home wasn't even there. I mean there was only a concrete slab...the home was a pile of debris. The lady said she was even there when the FEMA rep inspected and she had to sign the papers....WTF??? How do you live on a concrete slab??? The storm was WEEKS ago...they've been living in their CAR because they can no longer afford a hotel room. Sometimes I feel like I live in a backwards country who has forgotten their citizens need help and that these citizens are the ones who work to pay the taxes that is being distributed everywhere else on earth. Okay I'm done! Thanks for listening!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA. This week has been so hectic. I am so sorry to hear about all of the lay offs. This economy is so bad right now. I have been lucky to have escaped the layoffs at my work but I could be legaly laid off anytime after I go back. Its very scary working for a home builder these days.

Well this week I have found a day care for Nate. Its happy and sad all at the same time. I really like the place and the people and the curriculum etc. I still hate the fact that I will have to leave him there all day. We also went to lunch with daddy and his work on Monday. I started Weight Watchers yesterday. That has been the best program I have found so far and believe me I have tried them all. I like that it just gives me structure and makes me realize what I am eating. Here is hoping that it works. My BFF is coming today to stay a couple days. Its always great seeing her and even though she lives pretty close (30 minutes away) we dont get to see each other that often.

Nate is still a member of the very gassy club. He wakes up in pain and cries and whines burps and farts. Poor little guy. Mylicon seems to help but its like its not enough. I am going to have to check with our Pediatrician on Monday at our weight check to see if there is anything else we can do. We are on the soy formula which has helped but the last few days have been bad. He isnt spitting up like he used to which is great. Its nice not having to change the sheets in his pack n play and on my bed daily. Oh and now he is up to eating a whopping 5-6 oz a feeding. That seems like SO much to me but he is not happy otherwise. i hear infants dont overeat out of boredom or comfort. If they eat its because they are hungry. I hope that is the case. I hope we arent over feeding him. Does anyone know if there is a feeding guideline - Like so many weeks old should be eating so many oz? I will ask my Ped on Monday but just curious if anyone knew anything until then.

I guess that is it for now. I will try to be better and be on here more. I hope everyone is doing ok. I really feel for the mom's with the reflux babies. I hope your LOs get to feeling better. Here is to more sleep for everyone!

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:27 am

Amy- daniel seemed like that and I found he was constipated as well so now we do laxative drops and gas drops and it has helped a lot. hope your little guy gets the gas over with!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:06 pm

Amy, the guideline given to me by my pedi was 2.5oz per lb per 24 hour period. Hence: 10lb baby X 2.5oz = 25oz per day. She did say it's only a guideline and many babies eat more or less. Brenden eats more. About 32-36oz per day and I think he's about 12lbs right now.
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:24 pm

Well last night wasn't too bad - she screamed for only about an hour and a half. She slept pretty good over night too and has been happier today. I am really trying to wear her out during the day though. We sat outside for about a half hour today with nooo fussing!!! Ha miracle!

Still trying to decide if I should make the switch to Nutramigen...I am so on the fence! I need a crystal ball!

DH has a job interview today with a Verizon Call Center so it is at least something to bring money in...please pray he gets hired!

I am still fighting a nasty chest cold. I swear if I can make it through all that I have gone through in the past few months I think I can handle anything now. I just wish it could be a little easier on me sometimes!

I will pray for everyone else having financial and infant issues!

*HUGS*
Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:15 pm

The economy is hitting hard all around. So sorry for all of those facing job and financial troubles. I'm in the boat with Amy.. working in the real estate industry I could be let go at any time after I make it back. There is hope though.. they do actually need me. I might be doing some work from home starting today, to earn extra cash and help the department.

I too have also been wondering about feeding Dominic too much, he can also eat 6 oz at a sitting, it just seems like so much, but he's not spitting up so I figure it's not too much. I also felt like I was losing some milk supply so yesterday and today we are back on nursing boot camp! I don't want to pay for full time formula! So far it's going really well, he seems to sleep for shorter periods and eat more, but I'm sure it's because he's not getting as much. Well, we finally have a big poop in the making..yay!! so I better get off.. be back soon!
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Eileen - What do you use for laxative drops?

AFM - We too were having a problem with tummies. But still more with the bowel movements than anything! He was super constipated and then when he did poop it was like what I think a kid eating solid foods would poop. like a semi-hard poop! I can't explain it, except for to say that if you have ever used a masque on your face(the ones that are green and dry up and then you wash it off), it was like that consistency. So we fed him a bottle a day of an ounce of pear juice and water (1/2 oz of each) and that still didn't clear it up. I finally said F it and used like half of a suppository to get his bowels moving yesterday. He was up ALL day yesterday(save for about 30 minutes), my guess was because he wasn't pooping at all and his tummy hurt. He was crying all day and I was just so upset. After the suppository (and a couple of newborn diapers later), he finally went to sleep. He slept through a feeding and then he woke up around 10 and we fed him and he went back to sleep til about 1 or so. Fed him again and he fell asleep til about 430, then woke up about 730-ish and then slept again until about 11AM! It took another diaper changing to wake his little self up! We had originally given him a bath around 11pm. I think we changed him at 730 because he was still only urinating, so we were letting him fill up a diaper. Then here just a little bit ago, he finally was back to normal formula-fed baby poop. It was like a greenishy color and it was kinda goopy, but it seems like today he is in much better spirits.

To all of our mommy's with screaming crying babies for most of the day - I applaud you for your restraint! I almost lost my mind the other day. Again, I had to put him in his crib and go outside! I was so upset because he was crying for no reason! I don't know how you do it, ladies, but you deserve a mother of the year award! Truly!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:16 pm

i use little tummies laxative drops. i got them at walgreens but any grocery store would have them. good luck! I give them 1-2 times a day and it has done teh trick!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:44 pm

Eileen - I'm actually kinda worried! In the beginning he had bowel movements almost EVERY time he ate! I still wasn't even breastfeeding! I think the switch from one formula to the next and back again has REALLY jacked up his tummy. I really wish we could flush it all out. Sad
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:05 pm

Heather - Just wanted to chime and tell you that we started Brenden on the Nutramigen and haven't seen any improvement. I started thinking last night that maybe it is the powder formula he can not tolerate and he did better on the Similac Sensitive than anything so today I got him the Similac Alumten (however you spell it...it's equal to Nutramigen) in premade form. I am so hoping this will help with the screaming and nasty BM's. I did notice the Nutramigen was VERY thin...Brenden would actually spit it up...a problem he has never had before. So we are on our 5th formula change and I can tell you...I'm not changing again there is no way this many changes can be good for his digestion. This is so freakin' hard!
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Michelle-When my ODS was little a friend gave us the liquid Enfamil and we were using powdered, he totally couldn't tolerate the liquid at all...Projectile puke everywhere and out his nose...Poor kid...

To all the mommies with babies that have belly troubles, {{HUGS}}it's got to get better sometime..Hoping soon than later and then maybe you guys will get more sleep soon...

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:06 pm

We had better luck with the ready to feed and concentrate with our son and have been using ready to feed with lexi, but my problem is if i do switch to nutramigen - our ped offered to give us all of his samples like 3 months worth which is the powder - this would help financially unless i can get our insurance to cover elecare - the prescription formula....but i am sure that is going to be a battle...

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Heather - if you use the powder, trying watering it down a little more? I noticed the ready made formula is really watery kind of. I find that if we put 2 scoops in 4 ounces of water, it leaves a serious residue in the bottle and Joseph was having trouble pooping with it like that! Maybe if you add an extra ounce of water to the formula or do 1 1/2 scoops to 4 ounces of water instead of 2 scoops? It does seem like the cheaper thing to do. The ready made stuff never lasts very long either, unfortunately. Sad
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaycethedogs Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:56 am

Okay, so Brenden has been on the Similac Alimentum in premade form since yesterday afternoon at 3pm. He had a horrible gassy period between 4pm and 6pm and then one of those nasty, runny, acidic poops. But he has been FINE since! I am actually up right now (6:45am) to get Dawson ready for school...not with a crying baby! WOOHOO! Brenden went down last night at 7:30 (damn time change) and up at midnight and 4am. So much more tolerable. He had a poop in his 4am stool but he never cried or even whined! AND it was more normal...not runny or acidic or anything. The premade is so much creamier so there has been no spit up or seriously wet burps. I am excited this time! You know, I say all of this but I get excited with every change thinking "this is the one that will help" and in a few days reality sets in and I have a screaming baby. Hubby and I have decided that if this doesn't work then nothing really will so we are sticking with it. Please pray that my baby responds well...I can not stand to see him in this kind of pain. My prayers are with the other babies that are struggling....
Chaycethedogs
Chaycethedogs

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:33 am

Yes, the Alimentum RTF was the best for my 1st and we didn't find the answer until weeks later either. I hope he does well on it! It will take his system a few days to adjust. Otherwise you can ask your Dr. for a prescription formula like Elecare..

Lexi did really well overnight! She only needed 2 bottles and woke up at 8 for me to change her and give her prevacid and now she is passed out again in her bouncy and hasn't eaten yet!!!

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Every once in awhile I get the cleaning bug...Beyond the day to day things...I'm highly motivated to fight off dirt!!! Lucas has decided that he's having a rough day and just needs to be held...I even tried bribery(told him Id hold him all afternoon if he'd let me clean this morning)with no luck...I've still managed to sweep and mop my living room and kitchen floors(hardwoods and linoleum-hasn't been mopped since spring, but swept weekly)do 2 loads of baby laundry and put one of those loads away,scrubbed my kitchen walls(Dane drool gets everywhere), backsplashes, counters and did a load of dishes...Oh and I cleaned the cat box(that was a big mistake because now I'm really stuffed up-am allergic to cats in general but especially their urine)which needed to be done because she decided to pee on a pile of clothes that DH left on the floor this morning...Yuck so now I cant breathe in my room...Opened the windows in there to air it out...Hopefully when I pick up ODS from school, if its not raining I can work on cleaning the yard(scoop poop, mow lawn, final weeding of flower beds)not going to beat myself up if it doesnt get done but it'd be nice since the weather here is unseasonably warm...Ok i'm off to attempt more work...I've got to go with it because it doesnt happen often that I'm this motivated....Later chicas!

Shannon
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:49 pm

I had one of those cleaning days on Wed. Vacuumed, Mopped, Shampooed carpet and first half of stairs, dishes and about 5 loads of laundry. I've been trying to get back to finish the rest all week. I came upstairs just now to finish up and look where I am..LOL
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:57 pm

I have been the same way...since I never know when or for how long Lexi is going to sleep for instead of laying down when she finally sleeps like I SHOULD be doing, I have been going around nesting/cleaning....I guess it gives me some sense of control?

I need to tackle the 2 year olds closet and clean out all his clothes that don't fit!

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum