Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Lions and Lambs

+9
jessijennings
ladydy
Kristen
PolloLoco75
MichelleL
rocknrollmommy616
tweetie462
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

March Lions and Lambs - Page 9 Empty Re: March Lions and Lambs

Post by MichelleL Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:44 pm

Good afternoon ladies!

Elise - So glad to hear you are healing up! Hopefully you'll be done with the wound clinic really quick!

Diana - I don't even use the straps on Brenden's high chair. They won't go around him if he has clothes on. LOL! Surely there is a way to work around not having them so you don't have to spend more $$$....that kinda stinks! We've had to re-buy so many things because Brenden has grown so fast so I understand your frustration.

Eileen - I wanna pedicure! I've never had one in my life! :-( So glad you had a wonderful day! I would think the shooting range would be a great stress reliever....

Amy - It's always a little freaky the first time hubby goes out of town and leaves ya' with the baby. I haven't been left with the TWO boys yet but he's had to go many times thru out Dawson's life and can I just say that those are some of the best times I've had with my son! We go eat at all the restuarants Tony doesn't like and Dawson always sleeps with me....it's real bonding time! I am, however, scared to death about him leaving in June for 2 weeks...

Kim - I'm sick of changing outfits because of drooling! They get so wet! I'm not finding many one piece 24month outfits so I am limited here! LOL! I use chapstick on Brenden's chin and works good too. When are you guys re-doing the girls' room? I know you posted it but I'm too lazy to look back.

AFM - Nothing much today, thank God, I am so sick of going to dr appointments! Brenden has been fussy since the shots yesterday. The nurse was a little rough and acted like his delicate soft skin was that of a crocodile and shot him like a dart. My poor baby has a bruise on his left leg. We got our tv cabinet last night...it's still in the garage because we were rushing to get everyone in bed last night. I can't wait to get it into the living room. You guys should have seen us unloading it from DH's truck....I didn't realize it was so big and heavy....it looked kinda small in the store! LOL! I'm going to steam my kitchen floor while Brenden is napping. I hope ya'll have a great Wednesday!!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Diana- Just real quick about the high chair...have you tried looking on craigslist.org in your area? They usually have all that kind of stuff for sale in there under the baby and kids section and I am sure it is way cheaper than in store and in most cases the stuff is still in great condition...too bad you did not live closer to me I have an extra High chair I could spare to give you.....But really you should check the craigslist and see they even post or you can request pics to make sure you wanna buy it..hth

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:09 pm

I talked to my sister tonight - she's having a BOY!!! Yeah!!! So, now I get to box up all the baby clothes Logan has outgrown and pass along to her! Smile Girl clothes are going to be sold at the tag sale we're going to have later this spring. I'm done hanging on to all these bins of clothes!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 am

MichelleL it is so a stress reliever!!! I love it and I get better each time i go. definately getting much more comfortable with my gun.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:55 am

Elise- Yay for a boy!!!! that will be really nice for her too. I just dropped a whole load of Landree's off at the consignment shop.

Michelle- DH will be working on it when I go out of town with the girls. We leave a week from today April 2nd and come back on the 6th...then the 7th is Landree's 6mo check up so it probably won't be until the 8th that I get pictures up...last night we picked up a ceiling fan, it is pink and white for their room

AFM- today I am working some overtime for that wonderful extra cash...I get out at 3, then tomorrow I have an apt with the therapist and then grocery shopping. Sat I will start the packing for the trip because next week is really busy.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:32 am

Good Morning Ladies!

MichelleL - Poor Brenden's leg. I hate it when nurses think they have to take a running start to give an injection.
I would be nervous too if DH was leaving for 2 weeks! 4 days is long enough. It hasnt been bad though. We stick to our normal routine and it goes like clockwork. We have so much fun playing in the evening. We usually dont get to because DH plays with him while I make dinner.

Elise - That is great your Sis is having a Boy! Congrats to her and Yeah for getting rid of baby clothes. I already have 2 full plastic bins of clothes Nate has grown out of. If we werent planning on more I would have donated them by now.

Kim - I am so excited about your girls new room! I cant wait to see pictures. It sounds like it is going to be so adorable.

AFM - I am back at work ready for a fun filled day of Accounts Payable. That is what my Thursdays and Fridays are now. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are Starts and Warranty. I know you all were dying to know that. ;-) Well the girl on maternity leave here is begging to come back to work 1/2 days. She feels so lost if she isnt in the middle of everything. My boss told her no (not that we couldnt use her) but that he is nervous she is going to try and take over everything and not stay working 1/2 days.
Nate slept through the night last night! Yeah! I put him in bed at 8:30 and had to work hard at waking him up at 6:45 this morning. That means he is feeling better. I love it!
Other than that DH is enjoying Geek Fest '09 and he will be home late tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it. I miss him!

I guess that is it for now.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 am

Eileen, thanks we can always use the prayers!!!
I'm jealous I need a pedicure SO bad. I haven't had one since the week before Aubrey was born and let me tell you....SANDPAPER! As for the mani my nails have been terrible w/o the prenatals. I have them I just quit taking them.

Elise, that's great news about your incision. It will be great Logan will have another boy close in age.

Amy, glad your week hasn't been so bad w/o DH, he'll be home before you know it.

Michelle, Everything looks smaller in those huge showrooms, doesn't it?
I'm going to have DH look at that highchair today. I would much rather rig on than pay for one.

Joy, thanks for the info. If we have to buy another and I don't find anything at the resale I will check out craigslist but I need to get her in one. I have one that attaches to the side of the table but I think she's still too tiny for that one.

Kim, can't beat that OT money. I don't envy the packing but it will be worth it.

AFM: not much going on here... we're just adapting to DH being gone every evening for school. I was somewhat use to it b/c he always worked 2nd shift but being laidoff he hasn't done that really since Aubrey came home so it's a change for us.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:21 am

Diana- do you have one of those bumpo seats at all? That is what we use to feed Landree in for now, we just set her on the table in front of us, we have a high chair but I think it is a pain in the butt...I would mail it to you if I could LOL. When she gets a little bigger will be just put her in a booster seat at the table...so anyway if you can't find the straps, and have a bumpo I would just use that until she is big enough to fit in the one that attaches to the table.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:12 pm

I used her bumpo for lunch and it worked ok for us..she's a little figgety I'm not sure how the G'ma's would handle it when they are sitting.
I already battle with DH's mom to feed her. DH is bad about it too, if she turns her head or doesn't open her mouth they think she's done. I've tried to tell them to give her a minute. For some reason, I have no problems feeding her and sometimes she doesn't eat everything for me either but they never get her to eat all of her food.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:20 pm

Diana - Nate sits in his bumbo to eat too and it works great because he is still a little small for his high chair. He was a little wobbly at first but it really helps build the sitting muscles. You would never know it now.
On the eating - Nate wont hardly eat for anyone but me. I hear babies do that they get used to one person doing it and if someone else does it its like they have to be eased into them because its a change of routine and the new person doesnt do it the same way as Mommy does. Surprised
Nate even gets distracted if I am trying to feed him and the dogs come in the room or DH is trying to hang out with us and it makes it a lot harder. Just thought I would share.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Aubrey is bad if DH is feeding her and I'm in the room. She will jabber and smile and then the food just comes out and he gets frustrated which cracks me up b/c DH has the patience of a saint usually. I think it just frustrates him that he can't get her to eat.
I love the head exercise the bumpo gives her too. I try to put her in it most days and don't know why I didn't think of feeding her in it. I just think it may be a little difficult for the G'mas. They're both in their 70's and I don't think they have the coordination to keep her from making a huge mess while getting the food in her mouth...haha. She wants to chew on her bib inbetween bites unless she's really hungry then you can't get it to her fast enough.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:39 pm

I gave up on trying to keep her clean during feedings...the bib usually saves the clothes but usually it ends up all over her face and often on the bumpo...it is all easy to wash. Just let her get messy.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:12 pm

True b/c I've been feeding her in her rocker that's covered in material so it's been stripped and washed several times. She's really into wanting to control everything so when she gets ahold of that spoon I'm cleaning. It cracks me up she has to hold her bottle now she's tries the spoon but she's nowhere near hitting her mark with the spoon.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi ladies. sorry once again I haven't posted in forever. But I should be able to be on much more now. The place I was working at we had to evacuate due to the pipes freezing and bursting and flooding the place, so they finally decided to just pay us unemployment, which will last through this pregnancy...so I said well heck yeah. After working myself to death with the last pregnancy, I will glady stay home and spend time with my kids! so I am very happy right now!!! Miss Chloe is doing wonderful. She goes for her 6month shots/check up on Monday. Which I am not looking forward to because she always gets a fever, but hopefully it will be ok. She is so talkative and thinks she is grown up. She walks in her walker and will run you over. We have a bud cutting through the gums which I am happy about, she has been suffering too long with this teething. solids are going good. She will try to eat our food and everyone's food. lol. I let her suck on my dum dum sucker the other day and I thought she was going to die in heaven. Sitting up is going great. And she loves to sleep all night and gets angry if we have to get up early. I told her she is my child that's for sure! lol We finally have hair growing on the top of her head...always a good thing! Just so much is going on, and I am so happy I am able to enjoy it. This wonderful pregnancy is still trying to kill me. The morning sickness is awful! Hopefully it will ease up soon. I go for my 16weeks check up next week. I feel like I never talk about my son, but he really doesnt do much. He goes to school and plays video games!!

So hopefully I will be on more and actually be involved again. I hope all of ya'll and your families are doing well!! Very Happy
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:07 am

Kim- Excellent Idea about feeding in a bumbo seat...I didn't happen to think of that probably because I do not have one Sad But I guess there is no point in getting one because he is already doing pretty good at sitting up he still leans forward a bit but does not slouch over to the sides too much anymore.

Jessica- Well thats cool they are giving you unemployment now because of the junk building...hopefully that will help you to deal with the morning sickness and other pregnancy stuff.. I know I do not miss the MS at all...But hopefully for you it will let up soon...mine did not go away till I was just about 6 months along with Jeremiah. You are very blessed that your LO is sleeping through the night..Jeremiah still has a bit of problems with that right now as I am typing he is laying on a blanket here in the living room screeching at some of his toys and trying to scoot toward them...AT 2 AM!!!... If I am lucky enough he will conk out in about an hour or so..hopefully.. Anyways glad to have ya back and good to know you will be able to post more now that you have a bit of free time...

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:58 am

Jessica - sorry about the job, but at least you'll get more time with the kiddos!

Joy - I think Logan and Jeremiah must have been communicating last night - Logan woke up about 2:30am and was all talkative - luckily I was able to get him back to sleep!

AFM: DH comes home tonight!!!! Of course, he's not supposed to land until midnight, but at least he'll be home when the big kids wake up in the morning!!!!!!!! Smile Not much else going on....it's supposed to be in the 60s today, so hopefully we'll get outside to play a bit in the afternooon - Jeremy gets out of school early again today (parent/teacher conferences, so they have 1/2 days), so maybe they'll get to ride their bikes a bit. we'll see how everyone is doing this afternoon - i.e. how tired mommy is! LOL Smile

TGIF!! Hope everyone has a nice Friday and happy weekend!! I'll be spending most of it sorting and packing up baby clothes to send to my sister! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:24 am

Morning ladies! Don't have much time but just wanted to check in! We got our tv console in the living room last night....took forever and I almost missed American Idol! It's amazing how one piece of furniture can change the look of an entire room. Anyway, I think Brenden is getting sick again. He was up most of the night screaming his head off. He really doesn't cry much so I know something is up. Great. I'm off to try and clean my house today so I don't have to do it tomorrow when everyone is home. The weather is rainy but warm so we might go to Main Event tomorrow and have some fun! Have a great Friday and fabulous weekend!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi - just a quick stop in - Logan has joined the ranks of the sick ones -- he has his first real fever - 100.4 -- called the dr, but since he's acting normal otherwise, they said to just watch him and give him tyelnol. he goes on monday for his 6mo checkup too.....oh well - it was bound to happen at some point!

Happy Friday!! Off to do more cleaning before my parents get here for dinner (and to take the kids outside to play!!)
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just a quck pop in because I have to go back to being yelled at by home owners. Its that kind of day. I am so beated down right now. That and I think I have a sinus infection and its cold and rainy. These are all indications that I need to get into bed and pull the covers over my head and stay there for a while. I am so happy my DH comes home tonight. Eventhough he wont be home until probably after midnight so I do have the rest of the evening with Nate. I will have to put my happy face on for him. I am just happy he will be home and I might get a little more rest. I think I am running myself ragged.
I am happy that today is the last day of breathing treatments. Yeah! Nate is feeling so much better but now he is stuffy - and I am stuffy and when DH gets home he will get to be stuff y too.

I hope you all have a good weekend. I will try and check in but it might not happen.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Elise & Amy, glad your DH's will be home but sorry to hear about the sicknesses...

Michelle, I hope Brenden is feeling better.

Hey Jessica, glad Chloe is doing so well and you get to spend some time with her, that's awesome! Hopefully that m/s will leave you soon.

AFM:Today Aubrey and I spent earlier shopping and doing lunch with Granny then DH went with the 2 of us and we got our grocery shopping done. It was beautiful here today but tomorrow is supposed to be chilly and rainy and then tomorrow night possibly accumulating snow....unbelievable!!!
Enjoy your weekend ladies!!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:46 pm

it must be in the air once again...McKenna is running a fever, I brought her in because I was concerned about her ears. When they took her temp rectally there it was 103! One ear is a little pink but not infected...so it could be pink from the fever and the viral cold she has going on or could be pink because it is going to turn into an infection. At any rate there is much more of a chance of a reaction with the antibiotic shots so we are holding off on meds for right now and are going to see what the next couple of days bring...with this cold the fever should only last up to 48hrs, so come monday if she still has a fever than back to the Dr's to have her ears rechecked. So right now we are doing feverall and tempid baths.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Here we go.....I had to go back to the pharmacy this evening and buy a nebulizer. I knew I should have bought one last time instead of just renting it. I heard wheezing after giving Brenden a bath this evening. He also puked four times today....damn I thought we were past this!

Elise - glad your hubby is on his way home! I'm sure you could use a break!

Amy - I hope ya'll get better soon! And I know you are ready for your hubby to be home....

Kim - How does this happen all at the same time? Hopefully McKenna doesnt' end up with an ear infection! BTW, what is feverall?

Diana - Sounds like you and Aubrey had a great day! Thumbs down for snow after the first day of spring!!!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Diana - LOL joey is so like that with feedings! If he's not quite hungry yet, he will look down and chew on his bib, but if he's so hungry he's crying(usually after a nap), he will whine every time you go to the bowl for more food. it's funny, AND frustrating at the same time. Smile

Jessica - OMG I still can't believe you are pregnant again! I applaud you for still being so upbeat(or at least you seem to be lol). Hopefully that morning sickness will go away again soon! Wow... chloe... she looks big! So cute! Glad you are doing good and you're getting paid even tho your employers couldn't keep up your building enough so the pipes would break if it froze over... goofballs. Hope to hear from you again soon. I hope Chloe does much better at her next round of shots. Joey slept thru his 2 months, then stayed up and played like nothing was wrong the second round(4mos), so we'll see what happens during this next visit! Good luck hun and hope to hear from you again soon!

Amy - I hope Nate gets better soon! Yeah, all this weather changing can take a toll on you. pfft.. it was all warm all week and then BOOM! Cold front today... ugh... i have a love/hate relationship with Texas weather... Sad

Elise - Well I'm sure he misses you guys even more! The weather here has sucked royally, so it's not like he was getting out in pretty warm texas weather. nope.. rained the whole time, and he probably had to put up with crappy dallas traffic b/c nobody here knows how to drive in the rain(god forbid!) lol anyways, I hope he makes it home safe the rest of the way! Have a good night and glad your hubbie is back! Smile I also hope Logan gets better. Maybe he just spiked a fever and it will go down. here's hoping!!!

Michelle - I hope Brenden gets better. poor thing. I can't bear to think of babies throwing up(i know, it will happen to me sooner or later), b/c that means they are probably hungry right after, and what r u supposed to do? Sad I'm praying for little Brenden! poor thing...

AFM - I hate to say it, but I am so glad Joey hasn't gotten sick again(i totally just jinxed myself). I have a hard enough time putting up with him being crabby every now and again, I don't know what I'd do if he was sick. I would hate myself. I have actually been REALLY depressed lately. I haven't gotten out much so i think maybe its just cabin fever. Joey is learning some interesting new stuff(see 'Brag on Your Baby')! I'm so glad DH is here for me, tho. I have been crazy moody lately(i think it actually might be in part b/c of the mirena) but he's stuck by me and tried to be as sweet as he can, obviously with the occasional outburst b/c my moodiness can be hateful at times. And it really sucks b/c sometimes I feel like I don't deserve any of this. I see my sister(32) and cousin(25) and they don't have guys in their lives(of course my sister is divorced with 2 kids so..) but i know they work so hard to be able to go out and do stuff and they don't have anyone to share it with(man-wise). And here I am, perfect husband(well almost lol) and a beautiful son, and a mother that helps me thru just about everything(emotionally and financially), and all I do is sit around the house all day. I literally do as little as possible to survive. And while i know I can't get a job, I don't know why I don't try to make myself better bout all this. I do, however, sometimes feel like my young adulthood was raped from me. It's not that I don't love joey with all my heart, b/c I do, but I used to be able to go do stuff on a whim and go out all the time. But now, I am tethered to my home. I know I can always call someone to babysit Joey, but I don't want to turn into the girl that just drops her baby off at anyone's doorstep when she wants to go out and party and crap. I'm just.. I'm my own worst critic. I am so hard on myself i don't know what to do. I really am depressed. Maybe I should go back to my therapist...
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:21 am

Well I had a partially great partially nightmare like day....it started out we went into the city to get the kids hair cut and take them to chuck e cheese..that was all great and stuff then we were on the way heading home getting ready to hit the expressway..... and we heard a huge loud bang then all of a sudden a bunch of wind blowing around in the van within split seconds I turned around to look into the back seat where the kids were and our back driver side window was blown out...the glass shattered all over the place.. I yelled at DH that the window was blown out... so we stop and I get out open the side slider door and I see Faith (who just moments ago was talking to Elijah) with her head slumped down to the one side closest to the window....the glass from the window shattered around back there...The thoughts that went through my mind right then....so I go to get her from the back seat and turns out she was just sleeping she wakes up wondering what's going on...which I am shocked the big loud bang noise did not wake her.....So we call 911 and let them know that either someone just shot out our window or they threw something at it as we were driving down the road heading towards the freeway on ramp... sheriff comes takes a report, makes sure Faith is alright..then he cleaned what glass was left in the window section and said we needed to go to the closest store and get plastic and stuff to fix it and he would go back and check the scene out and if anything comes up he will get back to us..took down out info and gave us the report # so then to Kmart had to buy duct tape plastic and get a cardboard box from them so we could fix our window so we could drive safely the 35 min ride back home...that alone to fix the window took like 2 1/2 hours in the windy cold night air..So it has been a crazy day and stressful.... but I thank God that Faith was not even scratched by all the glass that flew into our van from the window breaking into pieces within inches of her sitting in her booster seat..Now my only issue is trying to figure out how we are coming up with almost 300 to fix the window as our ins company said even though it was a vandalism we would still have to pay for it to be fixed... I am quite ticked about that since we have full coverage on the van because we are still paying on it yet....So thats how my day went today...I never want to feel the way I felt nor have the thoughts running through my mind that were when I seen Faith laying in her booster seat motionless and slumped to the side...it was beyond scary...it was terrifying..

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:19 am

Joy- so sorry about the insurance being jerks!!!

Nurse Jessica- so glad to see you and congrats on being able to stay home this time. atleast this time no bit*%es to work with!!! Here's hoping your morning sickness goes away!!!

Elise and Amy- glad your hubby's are coming home!!!

Bekah- ahven't seen you in a while good to see you!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone else!!! Okay I ahve a question on feeding. My son eats 1-2 step 1 jars a day. I am wondering when do I give him cheerios and the gerber graduates snack foods like hte sweet potato puffs? He has no teeth yet so not sure. Just wondering what you all think?
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next