Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Lions and Lambs

+9
jessijennings
ladydy
Kristen
PolloLoco75
MichelleL
rocknrollmommy616
tweetie462
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

March Lions and Lambs - Page 3 Empty Re: March Lions and Lambs

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 am

I am dealing with a similar issue with Jeremiah as far as sleeping goes his last bottle is around 2 am and he is up again at about 7 or 8 am for another..so most nights I do not sleep till after 2 am..

The baby food thats about were Jeremiah is eating about half of the container unless it is bananas then he may finish almost all of it at once... He usually gets half way done though and wants a bottle...The spitting out food is it that way with all kinds of baby food?..I know Jeremiah does not care for peas or the cereals and spits most all of it out I think it may be because while in womb he never had none because I too do not care much for peas If he has only been on it for a week or so he may still be getting used to the whole solid foods deal...and how to actually swallow and such

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:20 am

Elise, I hope DH's job situation works out.

Joy, will they charge you another ER visit? If so, a DR visit has to be cheaper. I'm surprised she told you to come back to the ER.

Eileen, I have no food advice. I'm having opposite issues with Aubrey she eats solids well and I fight to get her to drink a 3oz bottle. She's still only at 1x a day on solids but she eats about 1 1/2 oz of cereal and then 1oz or more of a veggie. I'm not sure what the norm is but I think she eats well.

Shannon, time flies, doesn't it?

Amy, you will love the store. they must definitely have a very strict standard b/c i've been in 3 here and all of them have very nice things.

Kim, I'm glad to hear Landree is gaining too. I'm lovin the solids.

AFM:it's supposed to be 73 here today so the 3 of us are going for a late breakfast this morning and then to the zoo. on the way home we're going to get all our shopping done so we have the weekend for fun. sunday it's going to be rainy so we're going to the home & garden show.
Have a great Friday ladies....
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:22 am

Joy- just be careful...if anything changes, go get seen

Eileen- I think it is normal... Landree never eats a full jar of food and I don't think we are even up to a whole quarter cup serving of cereal. For the first couple of weeks we litterally had more food out side of her mouth than inside, babies have to learn to eat, their natural instinct is to push it out of their mouth, so it will take some time and he will learn.

Diana- have fun at the zoo, it is one of our favorite places. Because we have a little house and enough stuff in it, season passes to the zoo and the aquarium are always on our list of top gifts from the grandparents. Currently my zoo pass is good till next spring, it's nice we have the pass for us, the girls and two guest, our aquarium one runs out in the summer but I am sure it will be renewed, we have the same type for that one. It pays for itself within a couple of visits...we use them for many a play dates.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 am

Sorry no personals right now. I've been up since 3am. DH thought it was a good idea to wake me again while the baby was sleeping....grrrrr....anyway, Brenden started that dry wheezy cough last evening. I put the humidifier in his room and rubbed his chest with baby vicks, gave him tylenol and he slept until 5am! Well, I just after I gave him his bottle at 5am he puked everywhere, all over himself, my clothes, the chair and the blanket. So I get him and myself cleaned up and rock him back to sleep and he pukes again. By this time it is just after 6 so I'm like he'll just take an earlier nap. When I woke DH the first time Brenden puked for help since it was drippin off both of us I told him "this is why you would wake someone up....not for nothing!" Anyway, I have a question since I am totally brain dead. The dry cough, all I can really do for him is the humidifier & tylenol right? Oh and the steamy bathroom. It's been a LONG time since I've had a sick baby! And with Brenden's attitude I am so scared.....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 am

MichelleL-Yup sounds about right. Is Brenden running a fever? Sounds like he's done alot of puking lately though...If he is actually wheezing though I'd call the doctor.Luc was wheezy and ended up having pneumonia.If he has alot of nasal drainage though that could be upsetting his belly too...Oh I don't know girl, I'd probably call the doc myself just for a piece of mind.

Joy-If you didn't have this rash before taking the antibiotics, then it most likely is an allergy to the antibiotics.The rash is a warning sign and shouldn't be ignored. That's very dangerous because an allergic reaction can kill you. Hospitals can't refuse to treat you so I'd go back to the ER and let them bill you.They will almost always work out a payment plan for you.

AFM: I'm just not in a good place right now. Nothing specifically is bothering but more like everything is.Does that make any sense? I think AF must be coming because I've woken up on the wrong side of the bed alot lately. Last night Luc woke up at 2 am and was wide awake and ready to party. So we were up until 5 am.He was fussy so at about 4am I gave him tylenol.Hoping it doesn't turn into something or a habit. Well I officially have spring fever.I want to clean everything and paint and plant stuff...Not necessarily in that order.I want to start planting some seeds inside now so they'll be ready to go out when it's nice enough out.I want to finish cleaning the yard which I started the other day but the ground(and some of the poop) was still frozen so I couldn't get real far with that. But now that it's supposed to be almost 60 for the next few days its supposed to rain...Go figure...I also want to paint my kitchen and bathroom..We've lived here for 4 years and have painted the living room, the baby's room and the boys room...Time for a change.....
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:18 am

Oh Michelle I feel for you! It sounds like Brenden has what has been going around. I think Nate had it on Sunday. I was puked on so many times that day. Yes for a cough the only thing I know of is humidifier, chest rub and steam. Now DH has it and he was out of work for a day - should have been 2 days but there you go. You poor thing! I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.

Diana - I am jealous! I wanna go to the zoo! I havent been in forever. Its going to be like 85 degrees here today and it would be perfect. Oh well... another day.

Eileen - I am not sure what to do about DS. Is it possible to try and keep him awake longer. Like have play time and bath time and a dinner time in there? If he eats cereal or a veggie he is more likely to sleep longer at night. I am sure you have tried this I just cant think of anything else. I dont know that its something to worry about. I

Joy - Just be careful with that rash and keep an eye on it. I would hate for all of a sudden things get out of control and you have a real bad reaction.

AFM - Well I have my yearly OB/GYN appt today... I HATE those! LOL! I will go of couse I just dont wanna. If I werent in my mid 30s I might throw myself on the floor and refuse to go. Its at 9 AM so I have to leave here in like 15 minutes. YUCK!
DH is feeling a bit better. We had such a crazy night. I called DH and asked him what he wanted for dinner - he said tomato soup so I had to go to the store and get soup. I asked if he wanted me to get me any medicine he siad no he was fine. Ok.. so I did. Nate and I then get home and I get him started on eating dinner and its carrots. YUM he loves carrots. OK GREAT! Then DH appears from out of the bathroom begging me to go to the store and get him some medicine. Mad Ok so Nate and I are literally knee deep in carrots and DH cant come out of the bathroom and we were just at the store.... So finish feeding Nate, kind of clean him up back to the store and then home. Now I have to finish doing everthing with Nate cuz DH doesnt want to touch him for fear of getting him sick. It was so hard. I am just happy Nate was in a pretty good mood. Today i am wiped out.
We are possibly having friends over tomorrow night for pizza and guitar hero / rock band if we are feeling well. Those are our big plans for the weekend. That and cleaning the house and doing laundry. Whee!
Have a great day laides I will try and check back in later.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:33 am

Michelle- just keep an eye on his wet diapers too...I agree with everything Shannon said too regarding the wheezing and such and the tummy troubles could be attributed to the post nasal drip. But if his wet diapers start getting less wet and less often, he might need some IV fluids. I think the rule of thumb is they should be having 6 wet diapers a day.

Shannon- I hear ya, it is almost like it is the winter blues, I am just so over being cooped up in my house. With this winter being especially harsh, I feel like I haven't seen the sun and warm weather in decades. It is supposed to be really nice this weekend and even if we only open the windows (cause the ground is going to be a sloppy mess with all the snow we just got melting) having some fresh air run through the house I hope will help.

Amy- your GYN/OB didn't do an annual at your post partum visit? With both of my kids my Dr. did my annual even if it had been a little less than a year since my last one, at my 6 week check up...so I wasn't charged for it because it was covered under my OB visits and it meant I didn't have to go back there for a whole year...so my next annual won't be until November. And as far as DH goes, next time get the medicine anyway, someone will eventually use it...or tell him to go get it himself. I refuse to run out if I have already been out...especially if it was for something I asked about while I was running errands.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Kim - Yeah my I last saw my doc in Nov / Dec and he didnt do it. He just wanted to wait (and probably get the extra $$). Yeah I would have sent DH if he could have left the bathroom for more than 2 minutes. This stomach bug kept him on the toliet almost all night last night. I even took his night for him so he could sleep. I was lucky because Nate slept all night and i didnt have to get up. That is why I had to take the baby with me. He was in no state to keep an eye on him. So off I went to get the Immodium. I fet weird just buying that so I bought a chocolate marshmallow bunny too! Laughing
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:11 pm

LOL...the clerk was probably thinking that if you didn't eat the chocolate bunny, you wouldn't need the immodium!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:09 pm

LOL thats what i was thinking too Kim! I don't go back until Novemer too btw.

Amy-Your poor DH!Hope you don't get sick too!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Amy - You're gonna love Once Upon a Child! They really do have some great stuff!!! DH pulled the "will you go get me some medicine?" on me last night also! Just as he rolled in from work! He passed right by a CVS, Walgreens AND HEB on the way home for crying out loud! Definately thumbs down to the annual....

Elise - I hope ya'll find something promising soon!

Joy - Yea, they are definately gonna want to see you before they give you any information or anything. I understand about the money woes but this really could turn serious....before you even realize what's happening. The ER should just bill you....

Shannon - I hate middle of the night parties, too! I hope you get more sleep tonight! Surely lack of sleep is contributing to your mood...I know it definately makes a difference in mine! And I didn't get my yearly done at my post partum either...she barely did anything...

Kim - Thanks for reminding me about the wet diapers! That is one of those things I had forgotten about! Unless he poops he gets changed right before feeding at 9am, 1pm, 4pm, and then after bath at 6:30. They've been the regular wet but I'm definately gonna keep an eye on them! How's your hubby doing today? We had a dog bite Dawson when he was a year old and had to have him put down. Tony took him while I stayed home with the baby and he was the same way. He came in the back door and just sat in the kitchen floor and cried his eyes out.

So, I got back from my ultrasound about 2 hours ago. I was suprised to find out it was a trans-vaginal.....grrrrrrr! Anyway, of course the tech tells me that she can't tell me anything but when she left the room so I could get dressed she left the monitor on with my pics. I could only see 3 of 12 but they were labeled Fibroid 1, Fibroid 2, Fibroid 3. The measurements were also listed but I can't remember them. I had a feeling this is what's been going on with all of my bleeding. That darn OB that delivered Brenden just kept telling me if I'm not soaking more than one pad an hour they don't worry about it. Well, I've been gushing blood and it runs down my leg even with 2 nighttime pads on....it even got into my shoes a few times! Sorry TMI. Anyway, my reg dr ordered the u/s and I imagine I'll get a call from her early in the week. All I know is something has to be done. Not only is it embarressing to gush like that but it's painful to pass these HUGE clots and it hurts to have sex. DH might not have to get that V afterall..... DH came home to take care of the baby while I went. Brenden was asleep in his swing when I got home. He didn't eat much lunch so I gave him a bottle with cereal and he went straight to bed. I did put a call into the dr for the dry wheezing sound. Shannon scared me with the pnemonia. (thanks for perking me up Shannon! LOL!) Anyway, his temp is only 99 but you can tell he feels like that first onset of a cold....red eyes, tingling, sweaty....all those feelings we hate because we know what's coming. Hopefully we started treating it early enough that we can ward off some of the nastiness. Have a great weekend all!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Ugh! This market truly sucks! We just lost another employee. I guess its good that there was only one person laid off today. So how do I deal with it? I get online and ignore my job! Way to show you want to keep your job Amy! I do I just cant concintrate right now. Its so nerve wracking when you are at work and all the big wigs meet for a closed door meeting in the owners office and no one is talking. THEN you get calls from everyone on the planet wanting to know whats going on when nobody ever tells you anything so why would you know! Ugh.. I am just ready to go home. (but keep my job).

Michelle - Yikes on the fibroids! Hopefully they can get taken care of relatively easily. That was sneaky smart (if planned) of the tech not able to tell you anything but leaves all the info on the screen for you to see. I hope it gets taken care of soon and your pain and bleeding stops. Bummer on the trans vag U/S! That is not a good surprise. At least when I went to the OB today I knew what to expect! LOL!

Back to the grind I go!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:07 pm

MichelleL- Sorry didn't mean to put you on alert mode but Luc was wheezy and running a low fever.Hope all turns out ok for you...

AFM:I got the dreaded call from ODS's school nurse.I saw it come up on my caller id and my heart just sunk.Sure enough the poor kid threw up all over the school hallway...DH went to pick him up and he's been throwing up since...Of course my immediate thoughts head to"oh no meningitis again!" Especially because Lucas hasn't been a happy guy today and is running low grade fever of 100.6...Oh and now DS#2(the perpetual stomach)doesnt want a snack.The kid ALWAYS wants a snack!!!!AAAaaaarrrgghhh!!!!Oh and to top it off I have a really bad headache...It's sinuses I'm sure since 2 days ago it was freezing and snowing and today its 60.WTF?!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:59 pm

Shannon I'm glad you put me on alert mode! ;-) Sometimes I need a wake up call! I hope your kiddos get better soon! As for the headache....Excedrin Migrane baby! LOL ;-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Yeah but I have to wait for DH to get home because I'm not taking a grumpy baby or a pukey 6 year old out for anything...LOL...Oh and for some reason today, I'm STARVING!!! Seriously no matter what I eat I'm hungry again in about 3 minutes!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:59 pm

GOOD NEWS LADIES! My DH isn't getting layed off!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I'm about to just pass out!!!! I can not tell ya'll how thankful I am!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:40 am

Michelle- that is wonderful news...I am glad you got your heavy bleeding checked out though, your right, it is not normal to bleed that much. It might be a good idea to add some extra iron to your diet for now to help stave off anemea. Let us know how the follow-ups go.

Shannon- you never get a break do you? I just wish for a whole month that your entire family could feel well.

AFM- Today is the last day of my work rotation...yipee. DH has to go for his follow up sleep study tomorrow night where he does it with the actualy CPAP machine. His pulmonary Dr. told us to research the different types of masks so he could see what kind he wanted to try when he did the study...OMG they are such horrible contraptions and DH is gonna kill me for making him do this. I just really hope the feelings of having a wonderful nights sleep help him get over the issues of wearing the mask...we shall see.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:38 am

Amy - yes, the job market does suck! When it was announced lay-offs were coming, in the beginning, we kind of hoped for a layoff. I mean the package is awesome....3 paid weeks for every year of service (DH has been there 15 years), stock options, ect. Since they had screwed him out of his raise once again we were like we'll just take the package and run! But once he researched the job market he was like "change your prayers". Coroporations are really cutting back and one of the first cut areas is in their aviation department. It just stinks to see someone lose their job right now, even if they aren't your favorite person in the world! I hope you don't have to see it happen again.....I know it can really test your nerves.

Shannon - I hope you got that headache to go away....

Kim - The DH of a friend of mine sleeps with a mask (CPAP machine) and it has really improved his sleep. It took a minute to get used to having a mask strapped to his face but I know he knows it's worth it!

AFM - Brenden only woke up once (3:30) last night and DH took care of him so I got some pretty good sleep. I did have a stretch where I just layed there thinking about these stupid tumors in my stomach and wondering just how many there are. That's what I get for getting on WebMD and researching fibroids. I should have just waited until the dr calls next week. The removal isn't as easy as I had originally thought. They can go up the inside of your leg with a cath and cut off the blood supply to each fibroid so that it dies and melts back into your uterus, which is the only procedure performed that allows you to keep your fertility, or if they are small enough and there are just a few they can cut them out. With both of those procedures they have a chance of coming back. The only way to truely rid yourself of them is to have your uterus removed! YIKES! I've thought for awhile that I developed a hernia as I've been feeling pain on my right side and can feel a lump. But at the appointment yesterday I realized it is probably a large fibroid. When she was pushing on my right side looking at that ovary it was EXTREMELY painful...I'm talking tears painful. Anyway, I am anxious to here from my dr. I completely trust her. She is one of those docs that makes sure she knows whats going on with you and then makes sure you understand and then she lays it out so you can decide together the best plan of action. There is never any guessing and I've never felt ignored like I did with my OB. Anyway, thanks for letting me get that out! I hope ya'll have a great Saturday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:15 pm

OMG michelle I would be losing it! are you okay with the prospect fo no more kids? that would be tough for me. I am so sorry to hear about the blood and all that but atleast there is a light at teh end of the tunnel! Good news about your DH not gettign layed off. Keep us posted on teh fibroids!

I guess that is a good thing abotu a c-section they are supposed to check you for those.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:19 am

Diana- Yeah they would just bill me again for another ER visit. Dr visit would be cheaper but most want payment at time of service...which we are barely making all our bills month to month and I would have to pay for more prescriptions too...which we cannot afford...

Michelle- Glad you were able to get a decent (well almost) sleep..Hopefully they can do an easy treatment method and not have to remove your uterus in the process. That's awesome news though that dh will keep his job..

Shannon- Even if I went to ER and had it rechecked out I would still have to pay for more meds which we don't have the money for... I too am with you on wanting spring here FAST! Girl do you ever get a break from the ickies invading your home and the kiddos? I hope they have a speedy recovery.. thats another thing about warm weather not as many sicknesses and germs flying around all the time...

Amy- Glad to hear DH is doing better.....

AFM- Well I am still on the meds and although the rash is still here I think it may be going away because it is fading..although it itches like crazy....its so hard to not itch but I do not want to add to the ugliness of my stretch mark covered belly... I was talking to my sister in law and she had mentioned that she had the same effect one time on an antibiotic and mentioned something about it being caused from the bacteria or something and that she put baby powder on it to relieve the itches and it helped to heal it too... It has significantly faded as far as how red and inflamed it was and I only have a few more days of the meds... and if there is never any other time for antibiotics I ll make sure to tell them not to give me anaprox or bactrim as I am not sure if the rash was due to these or not and do not wanna deal with this again..

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Ok - so, I went to see the OB who did the c-section on Friday. He put some silver nitrate on part of the incision. He also said he wants to me to be seen at the wound clinic at the hospital, so I'm waiting for that appt. He doesn't know why it opened either. Then, after I'm seen at the wound clinic, I have to go back to see him. And I thought I was done with all these dr appointments!!!! It's so frustrating!! GRRR!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Elise- Well although it sucks to have more appts I am happy they are treating it and trying to figure out what went wrong. Hopefully they fix it to where it will not open again..

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:45 am

Morning Ladies,

I can't wait to catch up from the weekend. It was so nice here all 3 days that we ran around as much as possible and wow that fresh air just knocks you out. We were waiting for bedtime by 8 every night.

We have 4 month shots (b/c she had a fever last time) and UTI re-check this morning so I'll catch up to you girls later today.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:05 am

Morning Ladies,

Well more went on at work Friday after I posted. Another person was laid off and she was the receptionist / accounting clerk etc. So now that she is gone I will be doing the work of 3 people instead of 2 (cuz we still have one lady on maternity leave). What a sad day Friday was. I just wanted to go home and have a glass of wine. I couldnt because my DH has this sevear stomach flu stuff and I have a baby to watch and all week its been my night so that he could rest and try our best not to infect the baby. I am exhausted! We only left the house twice this weekend. Once to take DH to the doctor and the other was so I could take some stuff to goodwill and pick up some baby food. I was happy (and still nervous) to come back to work today just so I could get out.
Well, we are moving Nate along on the eating food. I can tell you he loves Carrots and hates sweet potatoes and peas. He did something very 80s the other night we were eating and he had his first bit of peas. On the 2nd bite he shoved his mouth onto the spoon so far he gaged himself and puked everywhere. That ended dinner and started bath time. I just thought it was kind of humerous that he gagged himself with a spoon.

I will try and catch up on personals later. I am at work and people are starting to arrive. There will be lots of meetings involving me today. So I should probably not be on the internet.

Take care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:16 am

Elise- I agree that Dr's apts suck...but at least he isn't ignoring it.

Diana- deffinitly let us know how it goes!!!

Amy- I hope your DH is feeling better. Times are just so tough, it is disheartening when you see people loose their jobs.

AFM-I am so freaking tired, DH had his sleep study last night, and while he did well, I didn't sleep a wink...I hate sleeping by myself. I am so very excited though...he is willin to try the CPAP machine at home!!!!!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next