Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Showers

+9
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
Kristen
eileen bauer
ladydy
PolloLoco75
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April Showers - Page 9 Empty Re: April Showers

Post by mythreesons Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Elise- Yes amoxicillin can cause diarrhea or any change in stool...It can also be part of the reason for appetite change....Poor Logan! Poor Rayna! Poor You!!!

AFM: I will post more later...Am having a crappy night.ODS started t-ball tonight and did very well... He wasn't really rowdy like some of the kids and spitting all over the place like a few other kids(that was so gross!!! I almost said something but didn't know if I could do it in a nice enough way)At the end, Dylan went to grab the ball off the "t" just as a kid swung the bat and hit him in the head with a metal bat...I literally blinked and missed the whole thing! I looked over as I was talking to DH and saw Dylan sitting on the ground and his coach was talking to him then I saw another parent motion for us to come over...I literally just about threw Lucas to DH and ran...His left eyebrow is swollen and I can touch around his head but he's gonna have one hell of a black eye.I wanted to take him to emergency but he freaked out and so I agreed to keep an eye on him(last time he was there was over the summer when I was preggo and he hit his head on a fountain and had to get his head glued back together) and let him stay home.We're 2 miles from the hospital so that's the only reason I agreed...I feel like I should have him checked out but he was so upset and I wasn't going to drag Lucas there with me which means DH would have to bring him and he's clueless...So I'm staying up all night to keep an eye on him...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Eileen - I saw Bekah's post on facebook also....I'll definately say a prayer! Maybe Daniel just isn't ready. He's probably getting all he needs from the formula and likes it that way. Believe it or not Brenden will sometimes skip a meal and drink a bottle instead.

Kim - you little petite thing doesn't eat much. You're gonna freak when you see what I post for Brenden...LOL!

Elise - I sure hope ya'll get home tomorrow! I've been thinking about you guys all day today.

Shannon - Battle scars....I hate battle scars! Does Dylan have a killer headache?

AFM - We are getting our new windows tomorrow so I know it's gonna be hectic. We have to take down all curtains, blinds, hardware and move the furniture atleast 3 feed out....haven't done any of it as of now. I'm so gonna regret it in the morning. Brenden has been a non sleeping pill today and he wouldn't go to bed tonight for nothing. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get him down...it usually takes 30 minutes. DH has been working LONG hours all week and I am just exhausted. Tomorrow is gonna suck.

AOTD - Brenden's feeding schedule is as follows:

7am - wake (my house doesn't open until 7am which means no kids out of bed) and eat breakfast either oatmeal with smashed banana or a stage 2 fruit and some toast bits and 2oz pear juice

9am - 6oz bottle and suppose to be a nap but he's refused it for 2 weeks now

11:30 - lunch consists of 1 jar veg and about 1/4 or 1/2 jar fruit and some kind of finger food (puffs, cheetos, cheerios, ect) and now he likes ICE water so he gets that to drink

1pm - 6-7oz bottle

3pm - some kind of snack like mum-mum's, puffs, cheetos, cheerios ect and ICE water

4pm - he is offered a 7oz bottle but usually only drinks 4. This is gonna be the next feeding to go

6pm - dinner which he is always starving - 1 stage 2 meal, 1 stage 2 veg and whatever fruit is left from lunch. He also wants bits of what's on my plate. Last night he ate brocilli and thought he was the mack-daddy of dinner! It was hilarious! He drinks 2 or 3 oz pear juice

7pm - bedtime and 8oz bottle with 3T rice cereal

He normally wakes sometime between 2 and 4 (although he has slept thru a few times last week) and drinks an 8oz bottle to the last drop.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:34 am

Eileen- if Landree doesn't seem to be having a good eating day, I skip the food and just give her a bottle, these are the times I most often add rice to the bottles...but if I had to choose I would rather her fill up on formula which is better for her than a lower calorie, lower nutrient filled food. So if he prefers the formula over eating that is fine.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:39 am

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I missed yesterday. I have been really busy at work so it doesnt leave me much time.
I will have to catch up on personals later - Just wanted to say hi and tell y'all that Nate is feeling so much better! He has been his smily giggly self and its great. DH and I were like OH yeah you are this wonderful all the time, we forgot!
Oh and on the QOTD, Nate's schedule is:

6:45 AM - 6 oz bottle
8:30 AM - Rice Cereal with Stage 2 fruit mixed in
10:00 AM - 6 oz bottle
1:00 PM - Stage 2 Veggie and a bottle
4:00 PM 6oz bottle
6:30 PM 1 jar stage 2 meat/veg dinner and 1/2 jar stage 2 fruit or other veg for dessert
8:30 Bedtime bottle

We were buying Nature's Goodness baby food but I realized they were adding in a bunch of sugar in some of their foods and I really didnt care for that so I have switched over to Earth's Best Organic baby food. I have used the Gerber Organic food before and still buy it if they have a neat flavor. I havent even seen Beechnut baby food around here. I wonder if its a regional thing.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 am

Morning,

Shannon, I hope Dylan is feeling ok, poor guy! He'll definitely have a huge shiner from that.

Elise, Amoxicillin tore Aubrey's stomach up badly.

Michelle...omgosh that lil man can eat! What Aubrey eats all day wouldn't get him thru lunch..haha.

Kim, how did your appt go?
I only give Aubrey food 2x a day b/c she needs all the calories of the formula and I do the same if she doesn't want to eat I just try to get some forumla in her.

Amy, first, thanks so much!!!
Man, Nate went from holding off on food to eating like a champ, huh?

Eileen, I agree with Kim. Formula is the best for him anyway with nutrients and calories.
Sorry if I was referring to you as Elise. I know the difference but I just noticed when I was replying to you I almost typed Elise.

Hey to all the other emommas I missed.

AFM: We are having beautiful weather here so we are doing are running today. Kmart is tripling .75 and under manufacturers coupons and doubling .76 and up. So, I have my envelope out and we're going thru coupons. Then we need to stop at Walmart & Trader Joes....oh and a pitstop at BRU, of course!
Have a great day ladies
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:53 am

Diana- thanks for asking, it went well. He put me on a low dose med for now and we will see how I do with that, I may need more, maybe not. He is deffinitly thinking it won't be a long term thing...maybe 6mo to get me back on track. For now I am on 50mg of Zoloft and my weekly Therapist apts....I see him once a month to see how the meds are doing. I am feeling very optimistic.

We too are having beautiful weather...stupid me signed up for overtime tomorrow though...but thankfully my other two days off are supposed to be fantastic too...calling for 87 on Sunday and like 81 on Monday. Monday I plan on taking the kids to the Aquarium...so Kristen if you want to skip work!!! LOL
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Hey guys! Quick stop in-
Kim- I would have loved to and any other year would. But with no sick time- it's an unpaid day. My mom just took her last week and she LOVED it! My mom said she was squealing and putting her hands on the tanks and head up against the big one! I so want to bring her again really soon! I'm thinking of getting a fam. pass. I am off May 9th or 11th though for my only personal days- parents are going on a cruise and those are mom's days. So, if you happened to be off, we could set something up!! Have a blast! Have you brought both girls there yet? Let me know how it goes!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:31 pm

Kim adn Amy thanks, yeah I guess he isn't losing any nutrients jsut not eating yet...lol maybe he will be one fo these that jsut goes straight to table food? i coudl deal without the jars...lol I feel like a first time mom my other two were eating like champs at 4-5 months 3-4 times a day jars so kind of new territory. but y ou are right the formula will give him everythign he needs even if it is hte special EXPENSIVE enfamil AR...lol i swear my kids couldn't do cheap if it killed them...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Eileen-Lucas isnt real fond of baby food if it makes you feel better...I usually give him a stage 2 fruit in the morning(it can't have any oatmeal, rice or granola or he refuses it)In the evening he may eat a jar of veggies but again thats hit or miss...No table food for him yet though...Rest of the time he gets breastmilk although I usually will bring a 4oz bottle of pear juice if we go out somewhere(2 oz are baby water, 2 oz are the juice)...

Amy-Woohoo for NAte feeling better!!!!!

Diana- How's Miss Aubrey doing?

Elise/Eileen: I to apologize if I've mixed you up...I try and write notes about posts and who said what but sometimes I don't and just look back and see what was posted if it was on the same page...Kick me in the shins if ya want to tongue

MichelleL- Yeah Dylan has quite the headache...Poor kid...But he's a trooper and can't wait to play tomorrow!

AFM: So I stayed up until 3am making sure that ODS was ok with his head...I brought him in my room and then turned on all the lights and the tv and cross stitched! So today I'm seriously lacking in intelligence...I brought Dylan to the doc to have her check him out(waste of time) and then we stopped at McDonalds...Did you all know that you can't swipe your Wegman's shoppers club card for payment?Go figure...Then we wandered around Michael's craft store for a bit and came home...We're going up to Mary's for a bit of margarita therapy in a bit(virgin of course for me)Hope everyone has a good weekend.Should be HOT here! It went from 35 yesterday to 73 today and tomorrow will be 85! Not ready for that kind of weather yet...But tomorrow is Dylan's first t-ball game! Keep your fingers crossed for no more head injuries!!! Later e-mommas!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:04 pm

Just quickly checking in. My windows are nearly all installed. They have 3 out of the 13 left to do. I can not believe the difference in the way my house looks (even though it is a wreck) and the sound from outside is like there isn't any! LOL! DH has been running behind them cleaning all the windows!LMAO!!! I can't wait to get my curtains back up and the house back together....I'll post pics later! :-) Have a great weekend ladies if I don't get back on to tell ya'll that!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:57 pm

just a quick stop in to see that Rayna is home!!! I'll try to get on later when I'm not holding a baby to type more details.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:03 pm

it took awhile for the twins to get on a schedule with feeding..at first it was hit or miss..one would eat the other spit it out..i didnt push them and just stayed with the formula..eventhough they are 8 months today they are 6.5 months...for about amonth now they have been consistent with eating 3x's a day and about a jar each for each feeding..so we go through baby food like crazy..in time your babies will get use to the idea of eating..but like others have said formula/breastmilk is just fine and still encouraged by all docs...

well ladies have a nice weekend..im off to napa for some vino!
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 am

Elise- so happy to hear that she is home!!!

Shannon- next time if you want, you can have a fully loaded Margarita...one is fine with out effecting your milk...after that you could always pump and dump. My lactation consultant put it like this, for every drink you have it takes one hour for the alcohol to leave your system...so if you have one drink, wait an hour and then you can feed...if you have had a few, when you get home you can pump it and dump it and then feed.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:17 pm

shannon how did the game go?

Thank you to everyone who answered about the feeding stuff I feel better I guess my little guy just isn’t' ready all my babies have had sour stomach but his seems to be worse than the other two. I just get caught up like most people in how old is he and what eh should be doing and so on. I take it really personally because I feel like I work instead of stay home and I don't want my kids to suffer because of that. I don't have the time to sit and do all kinds of stuff with him and daycare is well daycare you get what you pay for. He is well cared for but it is not the same as me having all day to spend with him developing his skills. I get allot of pressure about working and not staying home from my neighborhood and friends and church. I get so frustrated because I feel like instead of living dirt poor (I make more than my husband) I am providing for my family and they can have a happier life and see that mommy works hard. A good work ethic is so important to me. But the main thing is I love them no less than a stay at home mom and though I don’t have as much time like them I feel like I can still be a good mother. Not to mention my husband is more domestic than I am and we talked about it and of the two of us he would be a better stay at home parent than me…lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Kim-Thats what I did yesterday...I had 3 margaritas and pumped and dumped...It was nice to have a drink...And they were GOOD let me tell ya!!!

Elise-Yahoo!!!! I'm happy to hear she's home! What did they find out?

Eileen- They won! So did the other team!LOL it's t-ball so even if someone is "out" they aren't....But it was cute and fun!I'm sun crispy even though I put sunblock on(those areas are white lol)It lasted all of an hour. And it reached 86 degrees when thursday it was all of like 35...So it was HOT! But it was fun!!I was like you with my first two...It bugged me if they weren't right on target or even ahead...With Lucas for some reason, I just want him to take his time and he doesn't seem to agree with that...LOL

AFM: Well I got sun burnt! But it's not too painful.I did put sunblock on before the parade and then thought about it later to rea-apply but all i could find was the stick kind so I'm red and it looks like someone scribbled on me with a white marker...Ah well...Dylan's game was fun and cute.He won and they won.They don't keep score.There's no umpire.The jerseys got backordered(NOT happy about that) so all they had were the hats...But I will post pics later when I get a chance!Gotta go figure out dince Im refusing to cook in the heat!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Shannon - glad Dylan had a good game - Jeremy's 1st game was today too. It was nice to be outside in the nice weather! But, it was a bit too windy for Logan.

Eileen - as long as you are happy and your kids are happy and healthy and you and your DH agree on how your family is working, then who cares what other people think? I'm a SAHM because 1) i want to be and 2) it's more cost effective - if had gone back to work full-time, all I made would be paying for day care - so not worth it!

AFM: Ok - the official diagnosis with Rayna is cellulitis, even though it doesn't present like a classic case. But, the antibotics are working, even though I have to bribe her to take them at home because they taste horrible (and smell icky too). but, she is taking them. they also sent her home with a walking boot more for comfort. We stayed in this morning, but then went out to Target before Jeremy's game - she was actually kinda walking/running with the boot on, so we're getting there! And her foot is not as warm the red area is more purple and almost gone. Smile Whoo Hoo!! Hopefully, she'll be walking normally by the end of the week, if not sooner!! She already wants to go ride her bike! Gotta love 4 year olds! They so live in the moment!!

Ok - off to figure out what I'm going to have for dinner - the others are watching the Red Sox/Yankees game and eating - we're having a "whatever you can find" night! And I can't wait for Logan to get off this amoxocillin! It's doing a number on his appetite and the poops - OMG!! Explosion city!!! I'm changing his outfit like 5 times a day it seems!!! And all from POOP!!! Have a great rest of the weekend ladies!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Also - found out that my hard drive is completely toasted - they can't recover ANYTHING!!! GRRRR
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Elise- That SUCKS about your harddrive!!! I hope your giving your DH super dirty looks about it! But at least Rayna is ok...Poor little munchkin! Yeah if I sent my 2 kids to day care with before and after school care for Dylan we'd be looking at around $1600.00 per month. I was only bringing home $2000.00 at my last job so that could've covered daycare and my car loan so not exactly beneficial...

Eileen- I meant to mention this before...Don't feel guilty because you're working and not staying at home with your kids. You are doing what you need to for your family and there's not a darn thing wrong with that! I feel guilty as hell that DH is working two jobs and that I'm playing with kids all day. Every night when I wake him up to go to his night job it destroys me knowing that he's only had about 2 hours sleep and is going off to work while I climb into bed and go to sleep. I don't sleep well because I'm worried he won't make it home or will crash or something bad..I try not to think that way but I sure do sleep better once I know he's home safe again....I wish I could contribute financially right now.But we can't afford for me to work(sounds weird).So please don't feel guilty! Your kids have to go to school, you have to go to work. That's just how it works and they still love and appreciate you just as much.I will also say this, even being a sahm, I still don't get to spend as much quality time with my kids as I;d like to because the older they get, the more running around I do...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Elise - So glad Rayna is home!!! Cellulitis....that is a strange dianosis for a 4 year old! LOL! I"m happy she is doing better!

Eileen - I totally agree with Shannon on the SAHM thing. You have made a decision that is best for your family....it's really no one elses business! The people close to you shouldn't be putting pressure on you to do what they think is the right thing for your family! When I told my mom I was putting Brenden in preschool/daycare come September (he's already enrolled) she said "WHAT?? He's too young for that!" and I had to set her straight. I am not a SAHM and I don't feel bad about it! If I hadn't sold my job I would have been there a few months ago working my can off! LOL! Keep your head up....life's too short to second guess yourself!

Kim - Margarita? When did this conversation start? I wanna margarita....with Quervo Gold.....and extra salt!

Shannon - I can't believe Dylan's back out there after getting hit like that! Good for him! I used that stick sunblock ONCE....I looked like a moron within hours! I think my DH used the word "paisley" when he described me! LOL!

AFM - Well, the windows are in but man was it a mess! We just finished cleaning about an hour or so ago! The dust and pieces of crap left behind were horrible! Thankfully DH helped ALOT and the house is finished! I almost called a cleaning company but I was too cheap to pay the $87.....I don't know what I was thinking! They would have been done in about 3 hours and I would have enjoyed my Saturday! The weather here is fantastic! We did take a lunch break and went to eat seafood. Shame on me but I had fried shrimp, fried catfish, fried oysters and a stuffed crab. Sounds like a lot but it was a little of each and it was FANTASTIC! I was going to get grilled Tilapia with some kind of shrimp and crab sauce but I thought, "what the hell!", I deserve this! LOL! I have catering 4 days next week so I will be preparing for that tomorrow. I hope ya'll have a great Saturday night and Sunday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:00 am

Ok ladies well I read all what was wrote can't remember much of who said what so no personals for me....Sorry I been out for a few days but it was a busy few.... I ended up being up really late Thursday night(technically Friday early morning) till like 3 30 am.. finally got to bed and was up again at 4:30am. My sister in law who I have mentioned a few times was induced on Friday morning..and she wanted me there to help coach her because I went thru labor and delivery with no meds and she wanted to do the same herself...so I was there from 7 am friday morning until after midnight that night...she was doing fairly well other than she was having lots of back labor..... She made it all the way until 5pm then ended up receiving the epi because the pains became to unbearable(before then though they were giving her Stadol in her iv to take the edge off she made it all the way to 9cm and her dr tried to have her push...no progress waited an hour had her change positions thinking that would help baby come on down through the cervix tried pushing again nothing he even tried to manually move the cervix over a bit to see if that would help baby out nothing so at like 930pm he made the call they were gonna do a c section..he tried doing the normal one to where she could be awake but her epi drip was not effective in numbing her enough so they had to fully sedate her to do section...there was meconium in the water too and baby ended up ingesting a bit so she was put in the special care nursery..been there since hopefully will be able to go in her moms room tomorrow...I think the problem was that baby was too big to fit through..it was her first baby also.. and I think her dr let her go to far and thats why baby got too big...her edd was the 19th...I think he should have induced when she was 38 weeks but he did not want to because she was not dialated..so long story short (except I already made it long!!lol) that's why I was not posting much...

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:28 am

i actually was told that it takes two hours for the alcohol to get into your milk but its like if your sober enough to drive your sober enough to feed however pump and dump does nothing accept keep your milk supply up. the alcohol is there..

http://www.breast-feeding-information.com/breastfeeding-and-alcohol.php
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:14 am

Joy - That sounds like a painful labor! I'm all for DRUGS! It's amazing how things can take a turn so quickly but take so long to get to that point. How big was her baby?? That would stink to get to 9cm and end up in surgery! Sounds like the dr didn't keep a good enough eye on her! Brenden's head and shoulders were too big and I didn't dialate past 5cm....even after close to 20 hours of heavy contractions....he just couldn't make his way down. I'm sure she is disappointed, especially after trying to do a med free birth, but tell her it's okay. She tried and sometimes it just doesn't go the way we want. The baby is here....it doesn't matter how she got here! Hope everything is going well....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:44 am

Jessi- I had enough milk stored that I pumped and dumped until around midnight.I didn't want to take a chance and since we started at 2pm and finished by4pm I figured 8 hours was good. I pumped and dumped to keep my supply up. One afternoon of me being selfish did not hurt my son...

Joy- Congrats to your sister-in-law on her LO. I always said if I had another baby this would be the time of year I'd want him/her born...Everything is just starting to bloom and it's not usually unbearably hot...Hope the baby gets to be with her momma soon.

MichelleL- Yup I have no problem taking the drugs if it gets to the point of being unbearable...After all that's why they are there, right? I laughed my butt off at the paisley comment! I will have DH take a pic of my shoulders later...They really look stupid...LOL

Have a happy Sunday girls!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:59 pm

oh I"ve had a few drinks myself. I'm planning a girls night out soon maybe next payday. Kit has been sleeping though the night better he slept strait though two nights then was up two nights.. so as soon as we can make it a week with him sleeping though the night im going partying lol
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:45 pm

JOY- OMgoodness! poor thing made it to 9, don't let her be devastated all that matters is happy adn healthy baby. But I konw with your first especially, the birth is so important hopefully the baby will get to be with momma soon!

Shannon and MichelleL- thanks I just get down on myself. seems everyone is doing dance, sports, taikwondo and so on and I am working...lol church is alwasy looking for volunteers and stuff and I jsut feel like I can't do any of it and I get down on myself sometimes about it. I thank God that I ahve a job that makes it worth while for me to work and more power to the SAHM I don't think I could do it honestly, I would get really lazy knowing me or go cabin fever crazy. I admire SAHM's for sure!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum