Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Showers

+9
rocknrollmommy616
mnelson80
MichelleL
Kristen
eileen bauer
ladydy
PolloLoco75
Kim
mythreesons
13 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

April Showers - Page 2 Empty Re: April Showers

Post by eileen bauer Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:41 pm

Bekah honey you need to call your doctor you don't need to or deserve to be feeling like that. you are too beautiful of a person inside to be suffering with junk and it is usually a rather easy fix. I have struggled with depression my whole life and have learned when it is going bad taking medication is the difference between me being the woman i am supposed to be and the depressed woman that this illness wants me to be. You know post pardum depression can set in anytime in the first year. our hormones don't get back to normal for up to 2 years after we ahve a baby. Please if you don't have ibnsurance look up your local MHMR and they can help you free or on a sliding scale but you need to talk to someone i hate to see people i care about hurting especially with this because i know it first hand.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:16 am

Eileen- I was just gonna tell you what Michelle said about the floaty suit.. You should get one of them that way it will be a lighter load on you to try and keep up with every move he makes( I know 3 yr olds can be busy bodies My little girl is that way sometimes) and also trying to take care of Daniel while at the pool.

Diana- Aww poor Aubrey and I was so happy when I thought she had finally gotten rid of the UTI. Hopefully this med will kick it for sure. She really does deserve a break from it forever..

Amy- I love that hair cut style..you will have to post pics of the real deal when you have it done.. Yay for a day(or even a few hours of pampering for mommy)

Shannon- You poor woman... I hope your woes of sicknesses are pretty close to hitting their own recession real quick. You need a break from it for sure. I do however think that its awesome your dad decided to pay for the football for ODS. I bet your son will be happy to learn he will be in Football.

Bekah- Well that just stinks that no one is being very helpful to you... Hopefully someone will be nice and change their mind before Monday comes and watch Joey for you I agree with Eileen you should try searching out other venues of getting health ins.. I thought you were on your Dh plan?.... As far as the crawling stuff..Jeremiah has not quite accomplished the actual crawling but he is able to belly scoot where he wants to go to or he rolls to get there... usually where he wants to go is the direction of the toys on the blanket that we lay out on the floor for him

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:22 am

Good Morning Ladies!

Shannon - I hope your boys are feeling better and their stomach bug is gone. I did dye my hair red but its not the same red as the picture. Mine is more reddish blonde for summertime. I will probably dye my hair close to that color for fall / winter. The pediatrician hasnt mentioned what they think is causing it. I am just hoping tubes arent in our future. If we can just knock this ear infection out and stay healthy for like 2 weeks (that seems like I am asking a lot) I think we can move past all of this. Oh and that is great that Grandpa is taking care of football. It is the little things, I swear!

Bekah - I go to the JC Penny salon at Collin Creek. I have a lady there, Simone, who has been doing my hair for a while. She does a really good job. Oh and Nate is ready to crawl too! He doesnt get up on his knees and rock back and forth but he pushes himself around by pushing up on his toes. He almost looks like his is trying to do yoga and then scoots himself that way. Crawling is anyday! I also hope you go and see someone about what you are going through. It really sounds like possible PPD. There are people out there who can really help you. Even your General Practicioner or OB can. Take Care of yourself girl!

Joy - You didnt post anything about what you are up to again! LOL! I hope you had a great weekend.

All the other Mommies - I hope you had wonderful weekends too.

AFM - Well I dyed and cut my hair! I havent taken a picture of it yet but I LOVE IT! It is so easy to take care of. It looks good and I am starting to feel like my old self again. Its amazing what one little thing will do for a person. I will try and get a picture up soon.
Nate is starting to feel his ear infection. At least he was last night. He was just a grumpy Gus and he is never that way. He seemed better this morning so hopefully that was the "darkest before the dawn" part of it. He did go to sleep around 7 we woke him at 8 for a bath and he was back asleep at 8:30 and slept until I woke him up at 6:50 this morning. Yeah for sleeping good and hopefully that helped him.
Ok I just have to say that I have just found out how to use coupons at the grocery store and I LOVE IT! I took the sale flyer from the Wednesday paper and matched it up with the coupons in the Sunday paper and saved $64 when I bought groceries and they should last us possibly 2 weeks! I just wish I had a larger freezer. Ours is now stuffed and there will be no shopping until we clean it out some. I also got all stuff to make fast easy semi healthy things. SO EXCITING!
I know I am a goober! :-)

I guess that is it for now. I hope you ladies have a wonderful Monday! I will try and check in a bit later.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 am

Morning ladies,

Amy, cute hair!! that will look so good. Glad to hear Nate's chest is clearing up, hope they can get his ears under control.
the cipro you can find here but it's just hard in liquid form for babies. they don't give it to babies very often...so much that the pharmacist came out to talk to DH when they gave it to him to tell him 'you realize this isn't a level 1 drug, it's kind of a last resort'.

Bekah, please talk to someone...you need to take care of you, it will make for better things all the way around.

Shannon, sorry to hear Lucas is feeling bad...hope he's better soon.

Hi to all the ladies I'm missing...hope everyone and their LO's are doing well.

AFM:Aubrey is feeling MUCH better that medicine had her feeling better in 2-3 doses. It does really mess with her tummy, just makes her very gassy. She has man-style violent burps and some much wind, I feel for her but SOOOO happy the UTI seems to be gone!!
So, it's 32 here today, high of 39, it's even snow flurring right now and I am going to bundle up and go to our STL Cardinals home opener...it's going to be freezing, don't know how long we'll last at the game.
The weekend was fair. DH and I had a great time at dinner Friday night, it was nice to get an evening out. Saturday we were running around b/c it was 70 and we went to the park, we were backing out of the parking lot, almost completely out and a kid backed into my car...I know those things happen but DH just had bumped it in the same spot a few weeks ago and we just put $300 out of our pocket to fix it and the kid hit the same exact spot!!! Heck, we could have saved $300 but I was so dang adamant about not driving around a banged up car.
Well, I'll stop rambling. I need to do some cleaning and the appraiser is coming this morning.
Have a good day!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Diana- That sucks about your car! DH several years was in a car accident and did about $5000 worth of damage to his car.It took them a month to repair his car and they day after he got it back he was parked at work and a guy driving a work fan side swipped the entire passenger side. DH was so upset(understandably so!!!) but the guy left a note and wrote DH a check for the damage after he got an estimate.But at least Miss Aubrey is feeling better!! The silver linings are great!

Amy- Girl I so want to see pics of that new harcut! My DH cut his hair yesterday.I'm not even kidding! I will post before and after pics. If I get a chance today.He had super long hair(down to middle of his back) that he wore in a ponytail(looked the yuppy business man) and he decided it was time to chop it and donate it. So he chopped it ALL off.Craziness!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for Nate to get over that ear infection. If it helps my cousin had them alot as a kid and eventually outgrew them, and they were even talking about putting tubes in but they went away first.

Joy- You never posted about how things are going on the homefront for you.How's everyone there doing?

Bekah-Hey good luck today. I hope things go well for you.Let me/us know how it all goes...Do you think maybe getting out of the house more may help?

AFM: Well it was a wacky weekend.We had snow on Saturday and then it was warm yesterday afternoon. DH spent alot of the weekend getting caught up with all his work and then of course he chopped his hair off.Will post pics later if I get a chance.He's donating it for cancer children.I've done it twice now. Luc had a really rough weekend.He ran fevers ever since he got those shots and I don't mean the usual low grade fevers.Highest it got was 103.1 and the lowest it was 101.2.They go down for a few hours on tylenol but come right back up before it was time for the next dose. He had horrid diarrhea and was vomitting on Saturday.Still had the diarrhea yesterday and had a slightly better appetite.Today he's still just wiped out and kinda quiet.Poop is starting to slow down a bit and he's getting more of an appetite today.I guess that's all I can really think of for now...Later e-mommas!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Shannon - glad Luc is feeling better

Diana - that stinks! gotta love that cosmic karma! it always bites me in the ass!

Amy - glad you're enjoying your new do -- one of these days I'll actually start dying my hair - I hate all the grey!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: I've been reading, just not posting. Things here have really been insane - we're trying to get the house ready for Passover and get ready to leave for Chicago on Wednesday -- and I just found out this morning that Jeremy has his first Little League practice tomorrow night! Like I don't have enough going on right now! Yesterday I did like 7 loads of laundry just to get all the clothes done...kinda hard to pack clothes when they're all dirty!!! And now I have mounds of sheets and towels that have to be washed - but they're just going to have to wait until next week!

Logan cut his first tooth over the weekend, so he's been a cranky crab a lot - it hasn't come all the way thru yet, but you can see a little piece of it and feel the sharp when you touch his gums. Thank goodness he likes tylenol!!

Ok - time to get back to cleaning while Logan is sleeping - only have about 30 min before I have to go pick up Rayna from school #2! Grrr....poor Logan - he just plays the in-and-out-of-the-car game all day!

don't know if I'll get back on later....have a great day friends! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Elise- Lucas and Brady both play the in and out car game too!!! Hey dumb question...Are you getting a "cup" for Jeremy for baseball? Dylan's football coach told me he will need one but no one mentioned about whether they need one for baseball and he starts that on the 25th.
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:32 pm

We didn't get one last year - they never said they needed one.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:52 am

Sorry I get so caught up in doing personals I have forgot to post about me and kiddos and stuff..lol.. Well window is fixed...all happy about that not hoppy that is cost us 200 outta pocket but at least its fixed... especially when we just got like 4-5 inches of snow some of which was rainy too which makes for a heavy snow mixture( which definitely would not be good on a cardboard window lol). Jeremiah has his two top teeth that are right there you can see the corners of each getting ready to come through... He had his first taste of Juice(juicy juice to be exact) early last week and he loved it.. then a few days later I tried him with the apple kind in a sippy cup and he knew what to do with the cup but could not really get the suck motion to actually get juice out. But he enjoyed holding the cup up to his mouth nonetheless. I also got him these things they are like teething bicuits but are different because they are like a thin wafer type deal and they dissolve rather quickly.. I got them at Walmart they are called Baby MUM MUM....they taste like a rice krispie to me... and the fact that is almost like having something of our food to eat he just loves. He gets all excited when he sees us unwrapping one for him.. the only downside is because they are so thin he bites pieces off so I have to watch for that but its not really bad because they dissolve fast. He has his 6 month appt on Thursday.. at like 245 I think.. I am expecting him to be 18-19lbs at least since he was 17lb12oz a few weeks ago. He still is not sleeping correct at night yet so that is still a work in progress...and he seems like he is eating constantly so I think he may be going through a growth spurt..Other than all that not much going on Dh still looking for work...

Amy- You have to get a pic of your hair girl and show it off I am sure it looks awesome. I hope Nate is on the mend for good now between Aubrey,Nate, and Luc those poor LO'S have had enough sicknesses to last them for a lifetime.. hopefully the weather gets warm and they are able to get well and stay well..

Shannon- Wow I seen your Dh hair in some of the pics he had alot but that is so cool he donated it...Glad to hear that Luc is doing a bit better.

Elise-Thats Cool you caught up on laundry I just did like 7-8 huge washer fulls at the laundry mat on Friday I think it was dropped down 40.... was crazy and I still have some to do yet... I so wish I had a washer and dryer at home I hate having to load and unload the van and carry it back and forth and up and down 12-15 stairs it is so not fun at all. Hopefully you get a break from the business soon... That is wonderful Logan got his 1st tooth in!!!! I bet the little guy is surely relieved.... It is so sad when they are in pain while teething...Thank God for Tylenol!

I know I did my message backwards sorta my AFM before personals but so that way I did not forget the about me part..Lol I hope I did not forget anyone....

Oooo I almost forgot..... Diane- I am glad to hear that Aubrey's UTI got kicked quickly with the meds this time. I hope it stays gone so she can be free from pain and discomfort to them.. I sure know how painful them things are...she is such a strong little woman to take them so well and with little fussing.. I know mine had me crying like a baby for 2-3 days it was so bad.. mine was mixed with a touch of a kidney infection too. I hope they can figure out what is going on and fix it for Aubrey though she deserves a rest from it all and so do you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 am

Hey there Ladies!!!! I am back!!!! Tired as hell, but back. The girls room looks amazing, my Dh and step mom did a really good job, there are a couple of things needed to be done for the finishing touch and then I will take pictures. We had a really nice time it was so nice to see and visit with my family. The girls did amazing on the car trip. I was so happy. There was a snow storm right before we left though so that kind of sucked...freaking 4 in. in April...come on, enough with the snow already!!! I read but I would be here forever doing personals...but I just wanted to tell Bekah to hang in there...have you talked to your Dr. yet?

and Diana- so happy to hear she is responding well to the meds. I wonder if it was just difficult to find it in ped. form? Cipro is not uncommon around here, but it is strong, I was on it for a mystery infection that landed me in the hospital.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 am

Joy- I'll have to check out those biscuits for Lucas. I don't like the other biscuits or the toast that they have for babies.Both my 2 older kids almost died when they gummed a piece and it broke off in their mouth.So I won't use it for Lucas.So Jeremiah is working on having 4 teeth now? Luc still doesn't have any Sad But I guees that's ok.

Kim- Welcome back! Glad you had a good time and the girls were good for you! That always makes things so much better! Can't wait to see those pics(remember I have the boy version of the bedding-in blue)!!

Bekah- So, how did it go?

Elise- Yeah noone from the basball team mentioned it at all but his coach for football made a point to mention it.Wonder if its because he's playing tackle....

AFM: Ok so the other day ODS got out of the bath and noticed he had an erection. So he asked me why his little penis gets all hard.Of course DH was sleeping.I had to explain how a boys body works and why it happens.Then he asked me"Mom, how come you know so much about penises?" I don't remember what I said but I know my face got really hot.LOL...
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:12 am

Sorry I've been absent! I've been reading but haven't had much time to post. We went to Dawson's school carnival on Saturday and then had company all day on Sunday. Yesterday I was so freakin' tired. Anyway, Brenden is still congested and vomiting a few bottles a day. I know it's the mucos making his tummy upset, I try to suck them all out, but sheesh....I'm so sick of VOMIT! Last night I was covered in it...literally. I had to wake DH up to take the baby so I could change my clothes. Brenden is actually in his bed for the morning nap he has been refusing for a couple of weeks now. I'm glad to get a few minutes to chill! LOL! I bought one of those video baby monitors yesterday so he can sleep in his room by himself. I explained to DH that I think we are actually waking him up. I'm coughing a little and DH is a very loud sleeper. He moves around a lot and makes all kinds of noises. I think it's time we get over it and give the baby some peace. Tonight will be his first night in his room by himself. It feels kinda creepy to watch him on the monitor to I think we'll just have the sound going and we can always hit the button to turn the screen on if we want to look at him. Poor kid...can't sleep well and now he's getting spyed on! LOL!

Kim - Glad your back and glad the trip went well! I can't wait to see the finished room!

Amy - I definately wanna see your hair! I like my cut but if I don't straighten it then it looks very messy which I don't like. I don't always have time to get out the flat iron so I just look like a poodle some days!

Shannon - That is too funny about your son! Dawson calls his an "up". I am so not looking forward to the "sex talk". I know DH will begin it but Dawson will end up asking me to make sure his dad his right! LOL! I'll probably melt into the floor....

Elise - I hate backed up laundry! It takes forever to catch up! I hope you have a good time on your trip! Glad to hear Logan got some teefy's!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone! My mind doesn't work anymore.....
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:12 pm

MichelleL- Yup I too have no thinking skills.I posted the pics of DH's hair ut on the weight loss/healthy challenge, what does that tell ya?!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Shannon- Landree doesn't have any teeth either, and I don't really see anything either...McKenna didn't get them until almost 9mo. In the instance of penises, I am glad to have girls...LOL, the comment he made about you knowing so much has me laughing still.

Michelle- I hope Brenden starts feeling better soon
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi Everyone!

Diana - I am so glad that Aubrey is feeling better even if she is a bit gassy. Embarassed What a bummer on the car. Thankfully no one was hurt and even though it is a PITA it is repairable.

Shannon - That is so great that DH is donating his hair. He looks good with the short do. My DH goes so long that when he gets his hair cut and comes home I get excited because "my boyfriend" is back. Good thing my DH left before he got there. Wink I cant believe how embarassingly funny you knowing so much about penisis is! I so see these things in my future. We already have to have a firm grip on ourselves during bath time. I call it taking inventory. Just gotta make sure everything is there. Surprised

Elise - Try and relax a little if you can. Have a great trip and hopefully you will have good weather.

Joy - Glad things are good and you got the van window repaired before the storm. That would have sucked. I will have to look into the MUM MUMs

Kim - Welcome Back! I am glad you had a good trip. I cant wait to see pics of the girls room.

MichelleL - UGH! I hate being covered in vomit too! I hope Brenden gets to feeling better soon. When we moved Nate to his room he slept better too because we werent disturbing him.

All the other Mommies - I hope things are good

AFM - First off I am SO HUNGRY! I have got to go and get some lunch soon. Today is a super busy day. My company decided yesterday that we were going to be off on Friday. Now that is so nice but it makes me SO BUSY! You cant take away one of my days! I need them all plus about 2 more! I am also busy at home. Today the cleaning people come (Thank God!) then DH's birthday is tomorrow so I have to make Brownies tonight and wrap gifts and get things ready. I also have to go to (you know where) Target at lunch and get things for Nate's first Easter basket. I am excited about it. We are doing a small one with a book and a plush easter toy and maybe something else, but that is about it. Small but cute.
Well Nate's 2 top teeth have come in - so now he has 4 total! There are 2 more about to break through too. One to the left of the top 2 and one to the right of the bottom 2. I guess he needs a steak and just cant wait!
I will try and take a pic of my head at lunch so you guys can see the hair. I have been running so crazy I just havent had a chance to take the picture.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Kim - glad you had a fun time. i can't wait to see the pictures!

Amy - that picture of nate in your siggy is so cute!!

Shannon - kinda wondered why you posted it there, but figured it was probably an "oopsy" -- i do those all the time! Wink my guess is the coach had you get a cup because football is a more contact sport - baseball you just have to watch for the ball so it doesn't hit you.

MichelleL - you're probably right - he probably will sleep better and you will too! once you get used to it, that is!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: on sunday, we bought a bath seat for Logan since he's really too big for the tub we had for him - he LOVED it! We let Rayna get in the tub with him and he loved laughing will her and he was able to grab at the toys and the water. it's so much easier!! we had the same seat for Rayna, but the part that "hooks" onto the tub broke from being put on and off so much - totally worth spending another $30 though!The name is: Safety 1st New Tubside Bath Seat. I'll have to remember to bring the camera in and take pictures next time - he was just laughing and having a great time! Rayna liked it because she got to help wash him without having worry about getting all the water all over the bathroom! Smile

Tonight I have to pack for our trip tomorrow - we're leaving for the airport at 7am, so I doubt I'll be on tomorrow morning, but we are taking the laptop (DH doesn't travel without it) so I'm sure I'll be checking in while we're away! I think I would go into withdrawl without being able to check in while we're gone! Smile

Can't think of anything else, so I guess that means I typed enough! Smile Have a great rest of the day!! I hope the rain is gone and not coming back!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:15 pm

Diana-so sorry you are still dealing with the UTI they are pesky and unfortunately very common and a lot love those man style burps…lol

Amy- so where’s the pic girl I am dying to see your hair, I am thinking of a hair cut but I have had my hair longer then my shoulder blades for my entire life since 2nd grade, mom chopped my hair then and traumatized me but hubby wants me to egt short hair but I am so worried about short hair and a fat looking face ug plus I have really curly hair and have to wear my hair up for work so ug you see my dilemma

Shannon-you know at least you have not gotten sick this round there is always a bright side I guess

Elise- I swear laundry will be the death of me, I actually had a night mare once where a monster made of dirty cloths swallowed me up!...lol I can get them washed and on the couch but folded and put away is another story I swear when my daughter gets her wits about her she will be my folder and put away’er! Yeah logan cutting his first tooth!

Kim welcome back! Can’t wait to hear all about it…lol

Hey Shannon can I send my daughter to you she knows daddy put a baby in mommy’s tummy but is mad at daddy and told him to get it right next time and make it a girl, now she want’s to know what she can do to help it be a girl…lol

michelleL- ug hate vomiting up bottles!! Hope your carnival is fun!!!

Joy-Glad you got your van window repaired that was creepy

AFM I am at the library becasue my computer screen isn't working for some reason. stuck till hubby comes home.

anyone have ideas on intimacy issues? like me and hubby sice the baby have had the sex life dwindle which is fine but the closeness has gotten low and both of us are like what do we do about it? he is picking up a lot of slack from me working nights and going to school full time with cleaning the house and caring for th ekids and he is kind of resenting me and he knows it but well we both are jsut not liking the distance and not sure what direction to go. not like our marriage is in trouble at all jsut not happy with how it is right now and we both want to fix it.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Lots to catch up on.

Kim, glad you had a nice trip. I can't wait to see the pics of the girls' room.
that med is just hard to find in the ped form here b/c it's rarely used for LO's. i could have gone to the children's hosp pharmacy but it's not as convenient even though it took 3 walgreens.

Amy, your hair is SO cute! I can't believe Nate has 4 teeth already, he's a fast movin lil man.

Eileen, sorry things are distant with you and DH. I think it's finding some kin of time to have together if that is possible. it sounds like you are BUSY... thankfully you both realize the issues and are willing to deal with them.

Elise, first tooth, awww...
Aubrey doesn't have anything going on in her mouth that i can see or feel but she sure likes for me to rub her gums. Have a safe trip!

Michelle, I sure hope Brenden feels better soon, poor lil guy!

Shannon, that is hilarious!!

AFM: I took Aubrey for her 6 month pictures today and had to reschedule she was having NO part of that. She has started with this stranger anxiety and WOW that woman struck a bad note with her immediately. She looked SO cute too. I going to try a morning appt next time but it's not til 17th. I thought 1:30 would be good b/c she had a good nap but nope! I took a few home pics in her cute dress I'll have to post them. I even made a headband to match her dress!!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:31 am

Kim-Welcome back home!! I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and the time you had visiting with family. I am so with you on being finished with the snow.. We got 4-5 inches here too. I want warm weather now... I can't wait to see the girls room. What was McKenna's first reaction to the new look? I bet she was super excited..
Shannon-Yeah mum mum's seem to work well Jeremiah loves them. I know he got all excited when he seen Dh unwrapping one for him.We tried some of those toasts with him but he lacked the excitement over them.. And when we gave it to him he put it in his mouth made an Ick face took it out and just looked at it and banged it on the tray of his walker.. so I think it is safe to say he does not like them at all...I would have gotten the biscuits but they are so so messy when mixed with drool not only that but like you said they tend to break off easily and do not dissolve well at all.. Oh my gosh about the whole thing with ODS..that had to be a "hard" one to explain...lol sorry I had to say it that way...heheh I dread and hope that Dh is not asleep when the similar happens with Elijah...
Amy- Girl first and foremost I love the Hair...It look great on You. I want to get my hair cut again I usually like it barely below the shoulders..any longer than that and I get the itch to wanna cut it. That's Hilarious about Nate having a firm grip and taking inventory during bathtime.. so far Jeremiah only grabs once in awhile during diaper changes.. That is crazy Nate is getting ready to get two more teeth...he's moving right along... Jeremiah's top two are like right there ready to pop thru but have not yet I don't think it will be much longer though..
Eileen-That is too cute about your daughter knowing daddy put the baby in there and her wanting to help out and make it a girl...lol kids say the funniest things sometimes..
Diana- That's too bad about the failed picture day. Maybe it was just because of that photographer.. maybe you may be able to get a different one next appt it might have been something Aubrey did not like about her/him..

Bekah,Jessi, Jessica, and all you other momma's just wondering how all is going with you ladies???

AFM- Well not a whole bunch is new today.. But one thing is that I am a bit worried about my older DS.. His tonsils are HUGE!! I know it is normal for young children to tend to have larger than normal tonsils but looking at his it almost seems like if they get any bigger he won't be able to breathe. A few months ago his ped noticed it and gave me some claritin thinking maybe it was allergy related but they are still really huge. I know I commented about his snoring then too. But now his snoring seems to having gotten worse and his breathing at night really scares me and is kind of similar to my sisters( she has sleep apena) and this almost leads me to think he may have sleep apnea also and I think it is caused due to his huge tonsils.. and the mere thought of him stopping breathing at all freaks me out and his snoring I recorded about 7 mins on my camera last night that I am going to take to the ped appt on thursday..as I scheduled for him to be seen at same time as Jeremiahs appt. But when I seen him snoring and seeming like it takes alot for him to catch his breath sometimes in sleep it scared me to tears and just does not seem right at all. I am going to have her refer me to an ear nose throat dr as well.. I just want them to remove the tonsils if at all possible I don't want to take no chances in finding him one time or another in his bed no breathing due to all this. The ped did not really seem really concerned a few months back but this time I am gonna make sure I get something done...because within myself I do not think its normal whatsoever..He also grinds his teeth in his sleep and seems like he partially wakes in the middle of some snores which I also have recorded so I hope they can figure out something..

Sorry this is such a huge post...

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:46 am

Morning Ladies -

Diana - What a bummer about your picture appointment. I hope that it all works out on the 17th. Maybe she just needed a little more time to prepare herself to look her best. ;-)

Joy - Oh my goodness! I hope #1 ODS's tonsil issue can be taken care of quickly. That sounds so scary. Good for you for recording it to show the doctor.
#2 I will be keeping your family and your DH in my thoughts and hope everything goes well with his doctor appointment today.

Eileen - Sorry to hear about you and your DH. Its good that you both want to work on it and get it resolved. You have so much going on and different schedules that it can make it hard. You need to set up a time that is just "you and your DH" time. That is easier said than done but you would be surprised what having someone watch the kids while you two take a walk for a 1/2 hour or go grab a bite to eat and just talk will do. Also, make sure you schedule some bedroom time too. This is very important even if its just like once every week or 2 and then you can work up to more. Its hard getting back into the swing of things after a baby comes in. I know!
There is also counseling but you might try giving the "date night" thing a try first because since you both want what you had back you may just need something to spark the fire again.

All the other Momma's - I hope your babies are feeling good and you are having a good day.

AFM - Well today is DH's birthday so we are doing all that stuff today. I made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we will have dinner later. Then I hope we can relax for the evening and just hang out. That would be nice.
Yesterday I got everything for Nate's Easter basket. I am so excited! There is only 3 things. 1 - a plush bunny toy (in blue) 2- a book about rubber duckies and the coolest thing ever... 3- an inflateable bath tub that is shaped like a rubber duckie and makes quacking sounds when you press its beak! I am SO EXCITED! I cant wait. Nate loves bath time and i think he will love this new tub. Its good for travel to because you can deflate it and fold it up to go!
That is about it for now. I guess I am off to work. Today is my Thursday this week so I am swamped.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:44 am

Diana - I'm always afraid there will be no cooperation during pictures! Hopefully the next appointment will go better!!!

Joy - I hope the dr appointment is good news...

Eileen - I think every marriage goes thru various stages. Having young children is definately an emotional rollercoaster for both parents. It's so hard to have "us"time. I hope things get better for you and DH.

Kim - Glad your back! I can't wait to see pics! ;-)

Amy - Happy Birthday to your DH! :-) I hope ya'll have a very nice dinner! I have always done "pool" things for Dawson for Easter so I am just carrying on that tradition. Both boys got swimming suits, beach towels, and a pool toy. Brenden's is a floaty with a sunscreen roof thing, Dawson's is a fish you throw in the water and have to catch. Then the chocolate Easter Bunny's that no one ever eats and then I got Dawson a few candy things and Brenden some puffs. I've seen that duck bath tub and it is so cute! Nate's gonna have a blast in it!!!

AFM - Just trying to stay puke free. Brenden is happy and playful but gunked up and vomits if I don't do a breathing treatment about 15 minutes before a bottle. I've had 2 showers this morning and he got an extra bath because of vomit. So gross. I don't really think we are dealing with a cold anymore....I think it's allergies....and do we live in a great place for anyone with allergies. :-( Anyway, I haven't even planned Easter dinner yet so I've got to get on the ball and get to the store. I hope ya'll have a great Wednesday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Eileen- I know alot about penises but not how to get them to makes boys or girls.LOL sorry can't help ya there...DH and I went through that too. Then we both realized that we had to put a bit more effort into it...So Saturday evening we all watch a movie as a family and put the kids to bed then DH and I watch another movie together.Sometimes its just the little things that make things better.

Amy- Happy Birthday to your DH!Girl I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!! It looks awesome!! I need to do something with my hair, not sure what yet...But that cut definitely gives me ideas!

Ok I'm sorry girls that I didn't post to but i forgot to take notes...Sorry! Nothing new here to report.Lucas is down for a nap and will probably be up any minute. I'm sick of this crappy weather! I don't care if it's still cool out but NO MORE SNOW!!! ODS is on spring break next week and I want/need to be able to get the boys outside so they don't drive me nuts! But it'll be nice to have him home. I fel like everything has been a giant whirlwind lately and soon he starts t-ball and things will be super busy at that point. Sigh....Well I'm gona go and just sit for a few minutes and re-focus.Later ladies!!
mythreesons
mythreesons

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:53 pm

I forgot to tell Amy - I love your hair! It looks fabulous!

And Shannon - you're DH is a hotty totty with the short hair! ;-) He did a great thing donating his locks... Hopefully once your kiddos can get outside for fresh air and running around they won't get sick as often. I really think the spring time is a refreshing time of year. Out with the YUCK and in with the FABULOUS weather! LOL!

I still haven't planned the menu or made the list.....better get busy!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Amy-thanks I think we will try the date night, and I LOVE the hair!!! Have fun at dinner for dh’s b-day

Diana- that is so normal my kids did that I have no professional pics of my kiddos during that time…lol it happens and they are so finicky you just have to go with it.

Elise- first tooth!!! How exciting may the rest all come in at once…lol Daniel has no teeth yet but has bumps.

Joy- I would have his tonsils checked out that does sound weird or well something to be looked into.

MichelleL- yeah for being super clean?!?!?! So sorry about the puking girl ug!

Shannon- be sure to make time for yourself girl doesn’t do any good if you are part of the whirlwind don’t forget like you told me a while back, here’s hoping for awesome weather for you!!!

AFM I got to work during the day today so I have had a nice week and I only have to work thurs fri and sat nights. Nice short week. Been nice being home with hubby and kiddos in the evening and not needing to get to sleep so I can get to work. I really think that me working at night is the main cause of a lot of our issues both the intimacy issues, the hubby resenting me for not doing anything around the house and stuff. Not to mention I get my CPAP machine Monday so here’s to getting good sleep as well. Hope all is well I am making margaritas tonight and staying up really late since I have to sleep tomorrow!...lol I have to try to be a party animal and stay up way late. I swear when I am home I automatically revert to a day schedule you would never know I stay up all night 5 nights a week! At 8pm I am tired and wanting to go to bed!...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum