Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June Buggers!

+6
Kim
nursejessicadavis
MichelleL
ladydy
tweetie462
PolloLoco75
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

June Buggers! Empty June Buggers!

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:28 am

Morning Ladies,

I just thought I would stop by and make the new thread for the month. Actually I was here reading and noticed we didnt have one yet. So here it is. I am going to go back and finish reading so I can post something personal. I hope you all had wonderful weekends.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

June Buggers! Empty Re: June Buggers!

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:53 am

Ok - Now I am caught up!

Good Morning Ladies!

Joy - That is so exciting that Jeremiah has started to crawl and that he already has like 5 words. Nate has 2 words and they are Hi and Yeah. Thats it for now. We keep working with him but he just thinks we are playing and ends up laughing at us.

Jessica - I still cant believe that Chloe eats so much big people food. The little I have tried on Nate he just turns away. He has just finally warmed up to the Mum Mums!

Elise - I hope your DH does well on the test and things start rolling on this new job in Chicago. I think you are right to call the pedi about Rayna. Something just doesnt seem right.

MichelleL - I am still thinking positive about your proceedure this week. I wish we had a communtiy pool. We live in an older neighborhood so we dont have one. The neighboorhood accross the street does. I can imagine Brenden just splashing away and having great fun in the pool. This will be a great summer!

Diana - We are all thinking of Aubrey and you guys and wishing nothing but the best for this whole proceedure. 7-10 days is a long time but in the grand scheme of things once its over she will be so much better and looking back on it later it will seem like a blip in time.

Kim - I am sorry you are still feeling bad. I hope you get better soon. I am glad you got Landree's poop situation taken care of. Its amazing how miserable that can make them.

AFM - We are just trucking a long. DH was sick this weekend so we just kind of stayed in and watched movies and kept it low key. Nate is so close to crawling. He is doing the rock back and forth and lunge into a face plant thing now. He has been going backwards for a while and he is really trying to get going forwards. Its so exciting.
Thanks for all the complaments on the hair ladies. It was a great big expeirament that I think turned out well. I guess that is it for now. I should get to work and be productive.

Oh and P.S. - Why did it have to get SO hot SO fast? I swear it was really nice last week and then yesterday - BOOM! Heat wave, burning up hot. Our nightly walk was really miserable. Here is hoping it cools down a little. Ok that's it

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:22 pm

I just had to share -- Rayna was taking a bath and I caught her starting to poop so I had her get out, and she POOPED IN THE POTTY!!! WHOO HOOO!!! And she was so excited and proud of herself, so hopefully this is a step in the right direction!!!!!!

So, now she's watching her new Wonder Pets DVD that was sitting on the counter for about 2 weeks...WHOO HOO!! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Elise...YEA for Rayna!! cheers

Amy, the new pics of Nate are so cute. I know I'm not supposed to say that a boy is pretty but those eyes are just gorgeous. I must have missed the pics of your new do...I didn't see it and can't find the pictures.
I know this hospital stay will be history before we know it. It's like the NICU all the dr's kept saying this will seem like a lifetime ago in a few months and although I won't forget it, it does seem like so long ago and soon this will too. I'm looking fwd to that!!!

Michelle, thanks! I will put mylicon on the list. I learned from the NICU once the IV's were out of her belly button that we need snap sleepers so they're on the list also. I will write down Reglan too, never heard of it and wouldn't even know to ask for it.
Aubrey is already so mellow I sure hope it doesn't set her back but I will definitely try to get her moving again asap. Our hosp has the wagon's also.
She had her bloodwork today and didn't even make a noise. I was thankfully it made it easier for me but I also think poor kid is too use to being poked.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Diana, Dawson is very much mellow like that too! He had to have blood drawn at the dr's office a few years ago and the tech (a very nice older gentlemen) kept talking in a kid voice...you know trying to divert his attention from the finger prick....and Dawson got so upset he's like "look will you please stop clowning and just do it, I'm starving" and the tech looked at him like he was nuts! LOL! He didn't even flinch when he got stuck either. Brenden on the other hand will have your head on a silver platter....

Last edited by MichelleL on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:29 pm

I thought she would get a finger prick it was a full fledge arm 2 vial blood draw. She took it like a champ.
If I asked you this before I've forgotten already, sorry, but how long was his stay afterwards. They are telling me 7-10 days average
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Hi Ladies. So I tried to take Chloe to the doc today, but my health insurance changed and they no longer accept it. I think it’s a great sign that I get to change doctors!!!! I hate that fool.
Her rash has cleared up, so I guess it’s all ok.

Michelle- Yes that doctor is an idiot. No more of him. Yes she is only in size 2. I just purchased a lovely box of huggies little snugglers today. I couldn’t believe she still only weighs 15lbs. She is long because I have to put 6-9months clothes on her. She can wear 12 months clothes as well. She is just small. I just wanna say I am so happy again about your good news and I hope everything goes well with your upcoming surgery.

Amy- I agree with the hottness. I was so miserable today. All I could think was “oh god, I am going to be huge and pregnant again this summer!!!!!!!”
Yay for almost crawling!!!! Just keep introducing him to foods, that’s all I know. Chloe wants everything. If we are eating it, she wants it. Last night she ate DH’s Kraft Mac & cheese. She gummed the pieces and tore them apart with her teeth and ate them. Anything that I can lay out in front of her so she can pick it up she loves. Like pieces of bananas, she really loves them.

Kim- I haven’t tried those creams, I will have to next time she flares up. We had been controlling it with some baby eczema cream we got with pooh bear on it. This time it didn’t help at all!!!

AFM- Chloe & I were sitting in the car waiting on DH to finish up some work. She was sitting in the drivers seat playing with toys. The next thing I know she grabs the steering wheel and pulls straight up and stands there pretending to drive. She is something else. She is trying to walk so bad. DH walks her around all the time. She has got to where she runs faster than he can keep up with. Maybe it’s where she walks everywhere in her walker.
She is on the “no-no” kick. I guess cause I have to hollar it at her because she is into something ALL the time. When she’s crawling and when she’s in her walker. She chases my son through the house hollering “no-no” then she looks at me last night and says “momma no-no”. I swear she is a trip.
Are ya'lls LOs into things that make noise, like pill bottles? I swear I can occupy her for 15 mins at a time with a pill bottle. She will shake the fire out of those things!!!

We are soooo ready to go swimming. Her little swimmers are purchased and we are ready! Lol

Hope ya’ll are doing good.

Here's some pics of her trying to walk and making DH walk her everywhere!!

https://2img.net/h/i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/2009%20Chloe/100_0606.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/2009%20Chloe/100_0607.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/jesscena/2009%20Chloe/100_0615.jpg
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 am

Elise- Yay for Rayna...hopefully she was so pleased with her success and reward that she will continue with going in the potty!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:49 am

Kim - that is my hope!

Jessica - wow! chloe is really a mover! Logan just rolls everywhere

Hi everyone else!

AFM: I am so tired of this incision nonsense! It's getting better (or so I'm told), but I'm tired of dealing with it! When I go next week, I think I might ask about other options because this is taking too damn long! I've had it!

So DH heard back about the assessment he took - he got a thanks but no thanks - which I say means that it's not the right job for him - they decided not to phone screen him for an IT job because he didn't do well enough on their personality/mechianical inclination/find the pattern/math word problems stupid assessment! some of it i could see, but get real! The assessment had nothing to do with whether or not he would be able to job the job he applied for! So I told him it was a lame way to weed out candidates! And that means it wasn't the right place to be. Of course, it would make us both feel better if he had gotten nibbles from other places too......Sad it's just so stressful right now!

ok - enough wallowing - time to get the kids ready for the day and hope i make it through without too much pain!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:51 am

Diana - Atleast with a PICC or central line she won't have to get stuck! Dawson was in a full 10 days.

Elise - Yeah for Rayna!!!! Now if she could just keep it up....

Jessica - Those pics are CUTE! She is just ready to rock and roll isn't she??? Trying to walk so soon....

Amy - I hear you on the heat. One minute it was soooooo nice and the next it was a steaming inferno! I hate Houston's humidity!

AFM - Nothing really going on today....that I know of! The house cleaners came yesterday and the pre-op appt went well. I have to be at the surgery center by 11:30 for a 1:00 procedure. She said I should be back home by 4pm. She also said if I start bleeding between now and then she'll do it anyway....no rescheduling! Brenden did his first "crawl" yesterday! I was on the computer and looked down and across my office he went on all fours! He hasn't been able to do it again but I know he will in just a matter of days! It was so cool and he was so proud of himself! I also got pissed when he couldn't get back where he started! LOL! It was all priceless!!!! Well, I'm off to get everyone out of bed and start our day! Have a great Tuesday!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:30 am

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

Elise - Yeah for Rayna! Maybe one time will show her that she can do it and she will want to do it more. Sorry to hear about the stupid assesment test. Hopfully something else will come along soon. I hope they get your incision figured out soon too. I mean its been almost 8 months. That seems like a really long time to me.

Diana - Thanks! Oh the hair pics were on Facebook. Here I will try to post what I did to it. I dyed it "INTENSE RED COPPER" it has a certian glow these days. It goes from being really red to almost pink and then in the sun its really copper and has a crazy glow about it. All of that is in a good way - LOL. Here is the picJune Buggers! NewHair The picture doesnt do it justice really.

Jessica - Man that Chloe is going to keep you on your toes! LOL! What a cutie. She is standing pretty good too. Nate will stand for a few seconds and then Jello legs.

MichelleL - I will be thinking of you today and wishing nothing but the most flawless proceedure and the bestest speeidest recovery ever! Surprised I am sure you are anxious for this all to be over with. Get your rest afterwards and dont push yourself too hard too soon.

AFM - Not much new. We didnt get to bed last night until 12 and I am feeling it today. We went for a walk that ended up being 1 1/2 miles. I thought that was good. Then we had to do the get Nate ready for bed and the house ready for the cleaing people today. I had put off folding the laundry so I had to fold it all! YUCK!
Nate is still doing great. STTN like a champ (knocking on all the wood and everything else I can think of).
I guess that is it for now I will try and check back in later.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Jessica, she's really on the move...the pics are adorable. Aubrey likes to stand but she's not taking any steps.

Amy, cute do....really like the color. I'll knock on some wood for u too...that's awesome!

Michelle, you're probably already gone but hope all goes well today!

Elise, it's all so friggin silly..every job has so many applicants i know they have to come up with something but please if it doesn't apply to the job that's silly.
My DH applied for so many jobs and only was called in for 2 and one of them told him they had over 100 applicants. It came down to him and another guy and they hired the other guy b/c DH was already over qualified and they thought he wouldn't stay after he graduated school (which was true). But the guy that interviewed him gave him the name & phone of someone he knows for when he does graduate. So any networking is good right now too. That is something the state career center really pushed to DH b/c of the way everything is make all the networking contacts you can b/c so much is word of mouth. They would even hold networking meetings just to meet new contacts.
I know everytime I talk to you about this I just rambling on and on...sorry, I just feel your pain!!!

Hey to all the mommas.....

AFM:trying to get my end of month reporting finished up today mostly so i won't have much to do tomorrow. i would like to spend most of tomorrow getting us ready for the hospital. my mom is coming to watch Aubrey so i can do any last minute running. i'm sure i'll need to make a walmart trip for something.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Sorry for any confusion....my procedure is Friday....pray on Friday! :-)
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Ladies,
I won't be on for a few days. My grandfather passed away yesterday afternoon. I am heading back out to Michigan. Michelle and Diana-I'll keep you and Aubrey in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry no time, I have to pack. Hi to everyone I missed!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Kristen - So sorry to hear about your Grandpa!!! Have a safe trip! Your family is definately in my thoughts!
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:11 am

MichelleL- amazing how much we do isn’t it! Hope your 3 days aren’t too bad. Those were great suggestions for Diana!

Kim-hope you feel better girl

Diana- can so understand looking forward to the surgery and getting all the stuff over with. Will be thinking about you guys!

Joy- yeah for crawling!!! I have to say I am fine with Daniel not crawling yet…lol

Nurse Jessica- so amazing that she eats people food so well we are still barely getting a jar of food in Daniel he is frustrated with the whole eating process and can’t quite control his hands enough to feed himself yet.

Elise- yeah for pooping in the potty!!! Hopefully my 3 yr old will start soon!

Amy- amazing how hot it has gotten in Texas already!!!!

Kristen- so sorry to hear about your grandpa will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Anyone else I missed sorry!!!

AFM same ol same ol here trying to work, go to school, raise 3 kiddos and have a husband and serve at church all at once and it isn’t working but will do the best I can….lol I just was so exhausted I actually played hooky and went home this past Sunday I was so tired I couldn’t do it I was out of it and everything. I hate it when my body just says no. ohwell anyways I am back to work hope you all have a nice morning!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:14 am

Kristen- so so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandfather...I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I pray you have safe travels.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:20 am

Morning Everyone -

Kristen - I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Have a safe trip and we will be here when you get back.

Eileen - I hear you on your body just saying no. It SUCKS when that happens. You just want to do everything and you just cant. My body is already fighting me this morning and its not eve 8:30 am yet!

Diana - GOOD THOUGHTS, GOOD THOUGHTS, GOOD THOUGHTS! Thinking about you and Aubrey!

Kim - You still feeling bad? I see you are working a big shift today.

All you other Mommies out there - Hi!

AFM - Not a whole lot new. DH is on a deadline for a software release so this means working late and no evening walks for us. I totally understand its just such a bummer. I really like our walks. Hopefully it will be over soon and we can get back to our usual routine. That is really about all for now. Nothing has really chaged since yesterday.

I will check in later to see how y'all are doing.

Take Care!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Diana and MichelleL- Will keep you guys in my thoughts!!! Good Luck!! MichelleL- Text me when your done if you want and I will let everyone on here know!

Kristen- Sorry about your grandfather!

AFM:-Sorry I haven't posted in awhile guys...We're just about ready to file the bankruptcy...This has been ALOT of work..I knew it wouldn't be easy but since I've never been through this I had no idea what to expect...We're amazingly still living on the last paycheck that DH got and his last vacation check...We're waiting STILL for his pension check to come in.It's getting very frustrating...I did check out the civil deputy position but turns out they offer the position like once every 10 years.Once someone's in it they stay until they die or move apparently...SO the personnel woman gave me some other suggestions but there's no civil service tests upcoming...A friend did call me literally yesterday about a possible job in the education field. It's a program called Peaceful Schools.I'd have the same hours roughly as the kids and good pay...So I'm dropping off my resume to her today and she's going to get it in to them for me tomorrow.She's also going to recommend me highly to them...If I got the job I'd be starting in August before the kids go back to school so I'd have time to wean Lucas...So keep your fingers crossed for me please!! Lucas can move very quickly across the floors now but isn't on all fours quite yet.If he's on the carpet he can move fairly well too but we have hardwoods so he has a tough time getting his knees to stay underneath him...He's trying to pull up on the couch too and the coffee table as well...Im not ready for this ladies...He's my last and I wanted to enjoy him being a baby but he seems more determined to just grow gorw gorw and go go go...Sigh...Oh well
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 pm

Kristen, sorry to hear about your grandpa...my thoughts are with you and your family.

Shannon, good luck!!!! will keep my fingers crossed for you.

hey to all u mommas....thanks so much for all the well wishes!

AFM: trying to get everything packed today, still haven't heard from the office for a time tomorrow. i know they also will call a couple days before and leave a recorded confirmation with time and place...well, they did yesterday and my MIL was here and didn't call to tell me that until today. I'm so pissed. I'm just so tired period of dealng with people. I want DH, Aubrey and me to just go away and be in a bubble for a good couple months.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Hey mommas,
So I'm finally 98% packed and as ready as I'll ever be. I called the Dr's office and we have to be there at 8am.
I'll be sure to post after the dust settles.

Thanks for all the support wouldn't want to do it without all of you!!!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleL Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 pm

I'll definately have Aubrey in my prayers!! Take care Diana....everything is going to be okay.
MichelleL
MichelleL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 pm

I will be thinking of you and Aubrey....my prayers are with you!!! I will anxiously be awaiting to hear from you.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:23 pm

I am keeping you and Aubrey in my thoughts Diana. I cant wait for you to come on here and tell us everything went wonderfully and recovery is starting. Remember to breathe and we are all thinking of you.
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:39 am

Kristen - so sorry to hear about your grandpa! hope you have a safe trip there and back!

Diana - I'm sure Aubrey will do great and I know you'll get through this! Smile

Hi everyone else!

AFM: I've been kinda spacey this week - just been a really crazy week! The in-laws are coming up this weekend to help move furniture out of the basement and into the garage so hopefully we can sell it. We were going to do a tag sale, but won't have time until July to do one, so we're going to try to sell some of the stuff either privately or thru e-bay. There is just way too much junk in my house! When we do do a tag sale, Jeremy wants to sell some of his toys - we told him he could set up a table and sell his stuff and then that money is his to do with as he pleases - of course, what he wants to do is buy new stuff! Kids! Smile

Rayna pooped yesterday morning in the potty again - and then they told me this morning at school that she pooped in her pullup there yesterday. 2 steps forward, one step back Sad Looks like we're not as close as I had thought and/or hoped! Sad Story of my life these days!

Logan is just rolling all over the place - hasn't really shown any interest in crawling. I try not to compare him to the other 2, but I can't help it! I know by this point, the other 2 were crawling and drinking from a sippy cup without a problem! I know that every kid is different and progresses at their own pace, but at the same time, I can't help but wonder why.....and of course, I then blame myself! Typical mom guilt stuff I know.

Ok - he's fussy on the floor right now, so I had better stop typing because i have to put him the car soon to go pick up/drop off Rayna! At least I got one load of laundry washed and into the dryer! I would do more, but Alex didn't bring it down to the basement from upstairs and I can't do that! I'm trying to be really good about lifting/carrying stuff in hopes that that will help my incision heal faster!

Have a great day ladies!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum