Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June Buggers!

+6
Kim
nursejessicadavis
MichelleL
ladydy
tweetie462
PolloLoco75
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

June Buggers! - Page 5 Empty Re: June Buggers!

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Eileen - glad your hubby is feeling better!

Hi everyone!

AFM: This weekend was never ending! I took the kids to RI on Friday to visit cousins, and we got home at 9pm from that trip. Then, the next morning we went to NJ and got to drive in the pouring rain (yippeee) and then came home last night. I am wiped!! Thank goodness DH took today off so I wasn't home without help! Now I'm still wiped, but at least not as bad as I would have been had I been home with all 3 kids today!

Not much else going on....hope everyone had a nice father's day!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:12 am

Hey Ladies,
Just checkin in real quick. I have two more days of school before summer vacation and it's just been hectic. Plus there's all the end of the year duties I have to complete and I've decided to move my classroom to a better room, so the packing has started!

Amy- Hope you're feeling better!
Diana-Hope all is well with Aubrey!
Eileen- Glad the meds are making your hubby feel better!
Elise- Wow what a busy weekend of traveling!

Sorry not more time, I've gotta run! Hi to all the other emommas, where is everyone?
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:46 am

Morning Everyone -

Diana - Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great one today! How's Aubrey's recovery going? Everything looking good?

Eileen - I am glad things with your hubby are doing better now that he is on his meds. Somtimes those little things are miracle workers.

Elise - Sounds like you have had a busy summer already! Here is hoping things calm down just a bit for you.

Kristen - Wow! Your school goes late into the season. Kids around here have been out for almost a month already. I hope things go well with moving your classroom.

AFM- Things around here are pretty much the same. I do have a question - Nate has started waking up at night (like 10 times a night) because his passifier has fallen out of his mouth. All you have to do is get up, put the thing back in his mouth and go back to bed. It wouldnt be so bad it it werent like every 1/2 hour. Its SO exhausting. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this? He hasnt ever been a big binky kid. He only really used it before when his teeth were bothering him but he doesnt really seem to be teething even though he is always threatening to. I guess he got his 6 teeth and needed to chill out for a while. ;-) This just started happening about 4 days ago and it gets worse and worse every night. Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thats about it for now. I guess I should get back to work...

Take Care,
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Happy Birthday Diana! Hope your day is nice and relaxing!!
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Aubrey had her follow up today at 12:20...at 1:30 I rescheduled b/c there was still 3 people ahead of me that weren't even in a room yet. Her surgeon had 2 emergency surgeries today. I had a 2:15 at the bank and a 3:15 at the chiro. So we have to go back next Tuesday.
Oh and I was driving and the van next to me was on fire...I mean orange flames coming out from the bottom of it. All I could think of was GET AWAY FROM ME YOU'RE GOING TO BLOW UP! I should have called 911 but I was just shocked by it and was just praying that poor man didn't blow up.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Diana- OMG on fire!?!?!?! how crazy and scary! Sorry you had to reschedual your appt though.

Everyone else- how is it going? I see you guys posting on facebook but not here what's the dealio?
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:04 am

Sorry I have been gone a long time again....I think last time I posted it was about Elijah's ears...well they gave me some drops to put in them( they as in his ped) and voila they worked magic as the ear pain is gone.Elijah is completely back to normal..although he still has issues wetting the bed at night..not sure how to fix that..I thought the surgery would assist some in that area but I guess not.. He has a follow up with the ENT on July 1st...I have looked back where his tonsils were and there is no redness or swelling its only a little bit gray in his throat which I have heard is normal....
Jeremiah he spiked a fever on Friday and had it still on Sunday I did tylenol and stuff and cool baths and it would drop down but spike back up..so Sunday morning I called the after hours line at the ped office and talked to her and she said that I should just take him to hosp rather than wait to make appt for Mon..so ended up missing church took him to hosp waited what seemed like forever there dr came in said that it looked like something viral was going on and that he had a slight ear infection so they gave him some motrin and tylenol while we were there to drop the fever(Which it did drop) and gave a script for Amoxicillin So got that gave him 2 doses that day and 2 on Monday and started noticing that he was breakin out in a rash that started in his diaper area thought at first since it was so hot and at first was in diaper area it was prickly heat but after having him without a diaper for awhile then a cool bath the spots were still there..So didnt give him his 3rd dose that night and took him to dr on tuesday only to find out he is allergic to amox so she gave steroids to use for 2 days and also told me to use benedryll ...so after 1 dose steroid and 2 doses benedryl the rash is just about gone.. and the fever broke Sunday night....on other issues he has started pulling up next to things...standing....hes not quite sure about the getting down stuff right yet though... He crawls all over( and quickly might I add) so I have had to resort to putting little blockades up to keep him where I want him....He loves music and with he newly achieved clapping skills (and pat a caking) he claps with the music..even to closing credits music on movies...it is cute...It is hard to believe he is gonna be 9 months soon....Oh when I took him to the dr yesterday he was 21lb 2 oz and 28 inches long...

For more well my weekend was alright I went to my cousins wedding on Sat.. I had fun but was not able to dance much with a baby on my hip most of the night because he was running a fever..Dh was not a whole bunch of help with that even though he did not care to even dance.....I was gonna not even show up to it because Jeremiah was not feelin well but I had just told her Friday I would be there( that was before Jeremiah spiked a fever later that night) so I did not want to back out of it and have her think wrongly..It was fun though...Father's day I got hubby a card from me and one from kids then send him and e card from me and kids also..Did not do nothing special though due to lack of funds not only that but we had to take baby to er...

Faith she has started peeing her pants sometimes during the day.. I am not sure what it is or why but out of no where it has popped up...which it confuses me because she has done awesome since Jan during the day and even at night with never wetting or anything but all of a sudden the past two weeks something has changed with her..It is a bit frustrating to me and not sure how I am gonna fix it but I'll have to figure something out.. Well I guess enough rambling for one night..talk to ya ladies later..

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:37 am

Joy- So sorry you had to go to the ER I hate it personally, long waits only to get something the doctor could of given you at a cheaper co-pay...lol Wow allergic to amoxicillian I have heard of it but never known anyone so a prickly rash I will keep an eye out for it. Sounds like you needed to get out of the house? going to the wedding was probably good for you. you have been under so much pressure and stress that getting out was a nice reliefe for you. I think sometimes we get so stuck on the issues at hand (ie money, kiddos, spouses) that we forget to just relax and get out some. good for you getting out even if it was with the family it is still getting out of the house!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:43 am

Morning ladies,

Joy, glad Elijah is better and I hope Jeremiah is better soon. I wonder if Faith is looking for attention, if it's just been happening for the last 2 weeks, since the boys have been sick. Hopefully she'll get back to normal.

Hey to all the mommas

I'll have to chat here during the day on work days...I get surf control if I try to go to facebook over their network.

AFM:not much new... MIL came to babysit today and I feel terrible b/c last week she made me so mad. DH's dad & stepmom are in town and the dad was a POS most of Dh's life, ran off with a woman of the church he ministered and basically left his 3 boys to fair for themselves and their mom. Anyway, he's been making attempts now that everyone is grown so he is here from Nova Scotia. So we were doing father's day with him but MIL tried to manipulate/bully me into inviting her and when I told Dh about it he called her and she was like 'oh no, I completely understand you never get to see him'....but told me 'I WAS MORE OF A FATHER TO THEM THAN HIM, DON'T U THINK'... anyway, I was ticked so I b*tched about it to my SIL's which I should have never done b/c one of them is evil and I know she's going to hurt MIL's feelings with it. I just feel bad b/c she's there watching Aubrey and I badmouthed her.
I'll get over it!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Joy - glad Elijah is doing well. Sorry Faith is having problems - but it might be for attention!

Diana - don't feel bad - you said what you said in the heat of the moment and we've all said things that way and then regretted it later!

Hi everyone else!

AFM: This has been a really long week and it's only half way over! Tomorrow is insane day, though...I have my Wound Care check at 8:15am, Rayna has her OT eval at 12:30, providing it's not raining, it's Concert on the Green night and then I have a meeting at 8pm. And we're having company come on Friday for the weekend. Oh, and the plumbers were here this morning. It's a crazy week for sure! Next week will actually be easier and harder - the older 2 kids start camp. Rayna is only there from 9 to 12:30 but Jeremy is gone from 8:30 to 4:30. Luckily DH was able to rearrange his schedule for the 2 weeks Jeremy is in camp so either he'll pick up Jeremy or I will without the other 2 kids. Smile

I could use some energy though, I am just so tired! And now Logan's crying....off to try to get him back to sleep.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:56 pm

holy smokes Elise, u need a breather, u'r starting to sound like Shannon with not a second to spare.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:42 pm

If i remember right shannon got the 97% stress level on that facebook quiz...lol Elise you poor deart you need a break! Put all those kids down at 7:30 and have yourself some time one night.

Diana- I am with Elise we all say things in teh heat of a discussion and sometimes you jsut have to let it go. It would not of been right for her to be there she needs to respect that. All she would of done is make it terrible for everyone else. She is hurt and feels rightly entitled to things that dadsget as she was a single mom I konw how that feels but her son's relationshipw ith his dad is none of her buisness period.
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:12 am

About Jeremiah..His rash/reaction is all gone now..Eileen it is weird that he all of a sudden is allergic because I could have swore he just was given amox back in Jan..but she said that it is something that can just pop up like that...so who knows... It very well could be a cry for attention on Faiths Part..But I have not really changed the way I am with each child lately..I hope whatever it is it resolves quickly because I just did the kids clothes three days ago and she has like 7 or 8 undies that she has peed thru already...would not be so bad if we had a washer and dryer here or if our income allowed for us to do laundry more often..but at this rate if she continues I ll have to be washing out some undies by hand in about a week or so...

Diana- Don't feel bad about it it was wrong of her to put you in that spot anyways...then to act to your dh that it was not a big deal for her to be there but when talking to you she tried bullying you into inviting her..and if it does get back to her or used against her hopefully she will think about it and apologize for putting you in a tough spot

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 am

Good morning,

Joy, I think it is very common for an allergy to show up the 2nd time something is taken. I know DH found out he was allergic to amox just about 3 years ago, just all the sudden he took it and broke out, actually his hands and feet got real dry and the skin peeled from both.

Have a good day ladies.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Joy- Apparently amoxicillin is a fairly common allergy. Besides, you can develop an allergy to anything at anytime.Scary right?I had an ex who would swell up if he took it and his throat would close within minutes!

Elise- Yup you are sounding like me lol! Life here hasn't slowed down and yea I got a 97% on that stress test on Facebook.Ironic....

MichelleL- Hey I have to tell you about your tomatoes...You didn't over miracle grow them!!! It was a fault with the actual plant!!! I told my friend the story and he works for a nursery and he said if you'd over-miracle growed them they would've have shriveled and died because it literally would've burned the plant(no not catch on fire)...

Ok I PROMISE to be back on more with more updates!Gotta go to Sams Club!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:27 am

shannon god to see you, yeah i got the 97% as well...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:02 am

Guys I don't really have much in the lines as far as new updates really other than we took the kids to fireworks last night and Jeremiah loved them loud noise and all.. I have a few pictures But I will have to post them later sometime..what I really am posting for tonight is to ask you guys to pray for a couple that goes to my church they lost their 6 yr old son on saturday afternoon.. He drowned while they were at a local pond swimming...I am so heartbroken by this. I taught this little boy in childrens Church a few times( I am scheduled to do childrens church tomorrow too) he is the same age as my Elijah and Elijah and him even played at church different times like during potlucks and stuff or afterwards when us parents are standing around talking and the kids get bored just standing there waiting for us to get done. It is such a horrible thing to happen. I have copied and pasted what my local paper articles said about it.
The following is an article from the Times Herald based out of Port Huron Michigan. Most or you are probably familiar with this paper. Anyways the little boy that drowned was 6 years old. Him and his family go to the same church as me..He is the same age as my son Elijah... I have even taught him in Children's church. I know him and his family not too well yet because they have only been going to our Church a few months. Well to cut to the point of this bulletin.... Please if you pray remember this little boys mom and sister step dad and the whole family in your prayers. They need all that we can give as far as praying goes. This story is heartbreaking to me and brings tears to my eyes. I have a son who is 6 years old and I cannot even begin to imagine my life without him or without any of my kids for that matter. And it is just horrible why things happen like this sometimes but God has a purpose and plan for everything even though we do not understand what it is during times like this...or even to what Good could come from something like this. But please like I said if you pray please pray for this family they need it right now during this time. Thank you guys.... May God bless you 10 fold as well for praying for them. Thanks again

Joyann Hurt

ACTUAL ARTICLE FROM PAPER

UPDATED: Boy, 6, drowns in Kimball Township

June 27, 2009

* Read Comments(33)
* Recommend(2)
* Print this page
* E-mail this article
o Del.icio.us
o Facebook
o Digg
o Reddit
o Newsvine
o Buzz up!
o Twitter
* What’s this?

A Port Huron boy died today after being pulled from a pond in Kimball Township.

Austin Martiny, 6, was swimming with family members in the pond at Kimball Township Park, St. Clair County Sheriff Tim Donnellon said. Some family noticed him missing, and his stepfather, Kenneth Groulx, found him in the pond.

The sheriff and Kimball Township Fire departments and Tri-Hospital EMS were dispatched at about 4:45 p.m., Fire Chief John Gorski said, but people at the scene pulled Austin from the pond and performed CPR on him before first responders arrived.

Firefighters attempted to revive Austin, then Tri-Hospital EMS transported him to St. Joseph Mercy Port Huron, where he was pronounced dead, Donnellon said.

The sheriff department is still investigating the incident.

More information will be posted as it is made available.

So please ladies keep this little boys family in prayer as they mourn his loss at this time...

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am

Joy - sorry to hear about that little boy! what a tragic accident!

Hi everyone!

AFM: So, my life just got even crazier! Rayna had the OT eval last Thursday, and while the report hasn't been completed yet, the OT said that she felt in her gut that Rayna would benefit from OT. So, the only time that possibly works is 1pm on Mondays - which of course starts today! I think I might try to switch it though, because that's going to be really tight! according to google it should only take me 20 min, but.........

It's so quiet in the house now - Jeremy and Rayna are at camp, so it's just me and Logan and he passed out in the car on the way home! Smile He has his 9mo checkup tomorrow. I can't believe he's already 9 months!! Where has this past year gone? It seems like just yesterday I was discovering that I was pregnant and finding this (ok, so the old) board! And now we're all on Facebook all the time and hardly on here! LOL Too funny! Smile
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Joy that is so sad I will pray for him.

Elise that is good for youto have a nice break. Yeah for the news I konw when cece my daughter finally got a diagnoses adn we got a direction to go in it was like aha! finally we were out of limbo. You are so right we are all on facebook instead fo here....lol

AFM having a nice day off of work I have today adn friday sat, sun off so only a 3 day work week haven't had that in years...lol i dont' take days off normaly ever. but this was over due and my days off will be sat and sun from now on so that should be nice. see you all on face book!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum