Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Sparklers

+4
PolloLoco75
ladydy
tweetie462
eileen bauer
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

July Sparklers - Page 3 Empty Re: July Sparklers

Post by tweetie462 Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Good afternoon ladies! My appt went ok - the incision is finally healing! They put some silver nitrate on the wound area go hopefully that will help it finish healing! It would be nice if this was done before Logan is 1!

Eileen - saw on FB that you're quitting smoking - GOOD FOR YOU! My dad was a smoker for the first 15 years of my life, so I understand how hard it is to quit.

Diana - have you tried letting her cry-it-out? I know it's tough, I've had to do it with all 3 kids, but it does work. When we know it's not the normal stuff, we'll go in and soothe and then walk out and wait 5 min, if baby is still crying, go in, soothe (without taking baby out) leave and wait 10 min, etc. adding 5 min to each time. We've had to do this for 2 hours sometimes! But it does work - sometimes it only takes a couple nights and sometimes it can take up to a week. It's HARD on the baby and on you! I used to cry along with them because I hated doing it, but the end result made it okay. The first one was the hardest and it did get a bit easier with the other 2. The main thing is to be consistent. I know my sister used to sit in the room and move closer to the door every night until she was out of the room. You have to take a method, adapt it to what will work for you and then be consistent with it. And make sure your DH agrees with you and follows the same plan, or you will end up making no progress! Hope this helps!

Not much else going on - I'm avoiding paying bills.....can't do it for too much longer......
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:05 pm

ewww, paying bills, i need to do that tomorrow, i hate it.

i don't have a problem with her going down she just wakes up constantly all night. if she's tired, which is usually, i can kiss her put her down turn off the light and walk out and she will go to sleep. i say i've tried to let her cry it out buuuuut i know i don't last as long as it feels. i should definitely try the progression, maybe i'll start that tonight b/c i don't have to go to work for the next 5 days.
and, dh would be on board totally, he's tried to tell me to let her cry it out but i cave i feel so bad for her.
i'll keep u posted.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:25 pm

I totally feel ya! I always would cave with my oldest - my DH would have to almost literally restrain me to keep me out of his room! Going to bed was never the problem with my kids either - it was the waking up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason! Smile Good luck!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Just wanted to stop in and say hey to everyone. Hope ya'll are doing good.

Diana- Have you tried putting her to sleep with you? That's how Chloe sleeps the best. I try to let her fall asleep with me, then move her to her own bed. Unless I am really tired, then she just sleeps with us. She sleeps really well like that.

AFM- Nothing too new here. We got Chloe's ears pierced yesterday. She did really well. They gave her a sucker and that's all she was worried about. I will be 8 months pregnant Sunday. I get some really stupid looks when we are out in public. People see Chloe, then see my belly, then look at me with dumb looks. I just got pissed off at the Wal-mart by people looking at me stupid. Of course, everything is annoying me here lately.
I added some pics of Chloe's ear piercings on my facebook. I put all of my stuff on my myspace,so I don't actually use facebook enough to know what to do with it, but I have a friend who refuses to use Myspace so I try to update it for her, and I know alot of ya'll have facebooks.

facebook.com/nursejessicadavis[url=facebook.com/nursejessicadavis]facebook.com/nursejessicadavis[/url]

Anyhow,Try to stay cool!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

http://www.myspace.com/fairybitch4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:23 am

Morning ladies,

Well, last night the first time she woke up 12am I went in at 5 mins and she went right back to sleep. The 2nd time 2am at 10 mins she soothed herself. the 3rd time at 3am I caved after 10 mins, just couldn't last the 15 and the last time at 4am I got up and fed her, she gobbled it down like she was starved and then went right back to sleep......then she was up smiling and playing in her bed by 6:15.
Tonight is DH's night...woohoo!!!!!

Jessica, I know people are so F-N rude! I'm sure Chloe being so small really makes the nosey rosey's wonder.
The time has just flown by are you ready?
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:00 am

What do u girls think about cow's milk at 9 months ??? Aubrey still will only drink 3oz of formula at a time, 16oz in 24hrs...to me that is nothing. At her 9mon appt the pedi asked if I've tried it and I said no, his only response was 'yeah, probably not yet'...so I'm torn.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:12 am

My pedi said there are 4 big no-no's right now - Fish, Honey, Nuts and Cows Milk. Their systems can't handle it at this point. Logan has a total of 22 to 28 oz of formula over the course of a day - all in bottles because he won't drink it from a cup. Maybe she wants to have it in smaller doses but more frequently?
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Hey Ladies.

Diana- I hope you get some sleep soon! I am trying to get ready. I pulled out the 0-3months clothes of Chloe's and washed them and labeled the dresser drawers with each girls name and what clothes they were. Mainly for my DH. He will be trying to put Chloe's clothes on the new baby. I purchased some new bottles. I have two packs of newborn diapers left over from Chloe. I need to get more of those. Some things wise I am getting ready....mentally....I am trying to get ready, but it's not working. Especially how tired I am running after Chloe, I can't imagine how its going to be with two. I guess I will get broke in real quick! lol

It's a cloudy yucky looking day today. It would be nice to sleep in, but Miss Chloe is up and ready to roll. She cruises all around the house, she will walk holding onto stuff, then let go drop to her butt, crawl to the next pull up location and go. Well She gets to where she will let go too early, and ends up knocking her poor head. She has little bruises all on it. I just tell people that she's into boxing! lol
So I am not sleeping!! Baby is balled up in my ribs and I got up to pee every 30 mins last night! I know it's from all the water I am drinking, but I have to drink it because my legs and my ankles are HUGE! It's a no win situation! lol

Hope ya'll are doing good!
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:15 am

Jessica, listen to me complaining about no sleep when u have a baby crammed into u'r ribs....i should be ashamed!!! at least the little bit of sleep i get i'm comfy.

Elise, thanks, there are so many contradicting opinions and I've decided to air on the side of caution and not do it and especially not without pedi approval.
We never buy canned veggies but I think I'm going to get some no salt veggies for her and just start chopping them up, same with canned fruit. If I give her something with chunks and it gets to the back of her mouth w/o gumming she acts like she's going to choke to death but last night we went out to dinner and I gave her her first french fry...OMG, she ate it like candy. Only one time did she do a little gag and I think she just put the whole thing too far back.
OK..not to complain about getting sleep b/c I'm very thankful BUT the child must have some sixth sense or something and knew it was daddy's night b/c she woke up only 1 time that she wouldn't go back w/o someone soothing her. She woke up one other time and squeaked once and right back to sleep. Now, she's still sleeping and it' 7:15...NEVER does that happen. they're both asleep probably waiting for me to cook some breakfast..haha.

Have a great weekend ladies...it's supposed to be beautiful here so we're going to the farmer's market this morning and then outside to do something!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:03 am

Diana - Logan does pretty well with table food - he'll "choke" a bit as he's figuring out how to deal with the food - I give him a chance and then I'll put my finger in and pull out whatever he's having a problem with . Sometimes he put too much in and sometimes he just can't finish the piece - it's too hard (like steak - he'll "chew" and suck all the good flavor out, but can't consume the entire piece). Good luck! Smile Oh, and I learned long ago kids act totally different with dads than moms - especially when mom is the primary caregiver! It's so not fair!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by nursejessicadavis Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:58 am

Diana- Honey no sleep is no sleep. No matter the reason! It's all miserable! It figures that she would sleep when it's daddy's night. That sounds like something Chloe would do. She always seems to do so much better for him than me. YAY to the first french fry!!
Chloe eats anything and everything. I just wish we could get a tooth! just one tooth, I'm not being greedy! lol She will gum whatever it is she is eating and she still gets choked, especially when she crams too many in at a time and doesn't "chew" them with her gums. I think her favorite thing is chicken, because she likes BBQ chicken and chicken tacos the most of anything. And bread. Just take regular white bread and tear it up and she eats it like it's chocolate.

Anyhow, so no sleep again last night. Maybe when I am 60 I will be able to sleep. I hurt in my lower back all night long. No matter what way I laid or did anything. Of course I have lovely pressure in the pelvic region there, so everytime I sit up it hurts. So much fun. I said it's offically became uncomfortable this pregnancy!!!! 8 months tomorrow!

Hope yall ladies have a good weekend. We have no plans. which is good...cause it's too hot!!! lol
nursejessicadavis
nursejessicadavis

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Diana- Our pediatrician actually recommended starting Lucas on whole milk and I think at the time he was like 7 months old.I was in total shock since he was so young. Well we just started him about 2 weeks go giving him little bits of yogurt and then after that regular milk. He is handling it very well. We don't really do much baby food since he's started turning his nose up at it. Poor you! Lack of sleep makes any situation tough.

Jessica- I'm soo tired that I can't even imagine being preggo again while Luc is this age...Girl I give you tons of credit! I'm excited for you though and can't wait to hear your birth story!

AFM: Just went camping with all three boys and a close friend and her three kids.It was fun!!! But exausting! I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep! That's pretty much the only recent thing happening. Luc had his 9 month check up on the 13th and he weighed in at 21lbs and is 29inches...So he's still my peanut...Gotta run! I miss talking to you mommas!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:54 am

Shannon - glad you're having some down time

Jessica - just remember - the end is in sight! it's almost over and then the fun begins! Wink

Good morning everyone!

AFM: I'm doing okay - Saturday we (I should say DH) took out a bunch of overgrown weeds and plants and we put in a rock garden so it'll be easier to keep looking nice. My mom has been helping with the front, so that way if one of these jobs that DH is interviewing for happens, we have little to do to put the house on the market! He has an interview for a job next week in RI - it's the 11pm-7am shift, but it's a job! And he's being considered for one in Dallas (yes, Texas might happen after all!). We shall see! I'm exhausted, but that's the usual.

Logan is FINALLY getting another tooth! A top one this time. I noticed it yesterday - which explains the fussiness during the night that popped up all of a sudden! It's one of the top teeth that is off to the side, so it's kinda hard to see unless his head is tilted back.

Not much else going on - it's supposed to rain most of the week - surprise surprise! this has been the weirdest and wetest summer!

Happy Monday! See y'all on FB! LOL
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Elise, good luck to you & DH on his job search.

Shannon, we went to the dr today and I asked about the milk and she said maybe every other feeding but not more than 8-10oz/day of cow's milk b/c of the lack of nutrients and if I do give her any cow's milk I need to add the infant vitamins.

AFM:So prelim tests are suspicious of another UTI, we should know for sure on Wed. They gave her those vicious antibiotics so I'm ready for the diarrhea and diaper rash. I'm sure she'll send the results to the urologist who was wanting to wait until 12-18 months before fixing the kidney reflux but this may speed up the process. She can't continue to have UTI's.
Also she is sending us to a GI dr to see if there is something going on with her eating. Thankfully they could schedule me on the 31st at 9am b/c I'm already at Children's Hosp that day at 10am for our PT evaluation. We're also there tomorrow afternoon for a cardiology follow-up. I was really hoping this would be her last one but the pedi said there is still a heart murmur there when she listened today so we'll probably have to go back in another 6 months.
Ok...I just had to get that all out...and not on FB, some of those peeps I just don't share details with.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:00 am

Whew Sorry I have been gone so long.. I went to my sisters for a week and got back this past friday..then sat we were at a family party then sunday was church then church picnic then mowed grass..yesterday was an easy day but didnt get much online time so finally I made it here today...

I read the posts and about the cows milk someone mentioned... I have been giving Jeremiah a bottle of reg milk once every other day just so that way it is not a total shock to him when he turns one.... He has done awesome with it..My kids pedi told me that I could have started giving Elijah reg milk here and there when he was about 9 or 10 months old but with him being my first I was so weird about anything like that..but I did take that info and put it to use with Faith and now to Jeremiah...as far as table foods Jeremiah is really getting into all that kind of stuff now and is chewing and everything...not too many times anymore does he gag though he is quite the pro in this area...he pretty much is done with baby food in the jars I have attempted some with him but after he figured out he could have some of our food he totally refuses it now(the baby food I mean) as far as the weight issues I totally can relate to you Eileen...I want to lose weight but not seeing the results I want from week to week sure gets me discouraged..keep your head up though and just keep trying thats what I do...I do not remember the last time I posted my weight on that thread but as of tonight I am only at 247...which is not the number I wanna be for sure.. my sister informed me that she has lost to date 86lbs....I am not sure really but she seems like she is smaller than me now...that makes me feel horrible..ugh..well I guess thats all from my end..oh by the way DH is STILL looking for work too Elise so I feel your pain with all that too..I hope he finds something soon though.. I don't wanna move to his mothers...that woman and I do not get along well.....

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:51 am

Diana - I hear ya! I share LOTS more here than on FB, which is so weird because most of the people I am friends with on FB I have known longer (or they're family), but yet I'm much more comfortable going into all the details here! Go figure!

Joy - welcome back!

AFM: yesterday was a horrible day - Rayna pooped in her bathing suit at camp - AGAIN! She did it Friday too! I don't know what I'm going to do with her! I'm hoping that it's just a fluke and not a sign of anything.....I was so upset yesterday I was in tears. And then DH was late leaving so I had to bring all 3 kids to Rayna's OT appt at 5pm - yeah, that was fun! (NOT!) Hopefully today will be better! It's supposed to be a rainy day, but hopefully it will be a better day.

Not much else going on.....hope everyone has a good day!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:10 am

Joy, how nice a week away....I wanna go somewhere!!!
My weight has stayed the same for the past few weeks too and I'm so discourage b/c I have been good. It's hard not to just go eat some junk since there are no results anyway.

Elise, I hope u have a better day, sorry Rayna's having a tough time. Maybe it's the water, like a bath, relaxing her so much makes her have to go to the bathroom.

AFM:I'm working from home today and I have a ton of it to do but I think I'm going to slack and try to finish my housework from yesterday. We're supposed to go to the lake this weekend with all of my family (if Aubrey is up to it) and I hate to leave a house dirty...or should I say I hate to come home to a dirty house. Also, we have an appraiser coming on Tuesday and we're not coming home til Monday afternoon so i don't want to have to worry about it.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 am

Okay guys, I just wanted to let you know I am alive and still do exist!!! I am so sorry for being so negligent with this board...and I don't know why, we can talk about so much more here than on facebook...LOL. I have been crazy busy though, so by the time I get through catching up on my email and facebook stuff, I am to tired to do anything but read the posts you guys have been posting and not replying...so I have been reading and keeping up on you ladies, just not posting.

I am glad you asked your pedi about the milk Diana, cause there are deffinitly a lot of different answers out there. I actually asked the same thing at Landree's 9mo apt and the answer I got was no...but Landree has really bad constipation issues so that is why she didn't want her to have it. She actually has a prescription that I have to put in her morning bottles to help her poop. But right now she drinks water with her meals and because she is on the small side too with weight I wanted to see about milk instead of the water for the extra calories, but her ped thinks it may make her constipation worse so we have to stick with the water.

AFM: this weekend was pure craziness, My BFF was induced on Friday the 17th, after two hours of pushing and 12 hours of labor they finally did an emergency c-section and Miss Emily was born on 7/17 at 7:17pm weighing 7lbs 10oz and 17 1/2 in...now 7 is my favorite number...so for me, she is one lucky baby. Than I hosted a 25th anniversary party for my Dad and Step-mom on Sat., it was a wonderful time but very stressful for me. Landree has just taken off by leaps and bounds since her 9mo apt. At her apt. I was concerned because she didn't seem to have a lot of muscle tone in her legs to stand, she prefered crawling to standing up ever...well when you worry she just takes off...LOL. She has now surpassed where McKenna was at this point, in the last two weeks she went from crawling to just pulling up, to cruising along everything to CLIMBING onto and into everything, she is so fearless she scares me. She has even started letting go...which has lead to a few bumps and falls but comes with the territory. I truly think she will be walking on her own by 11mo, McKenna didn't walk until about 13mo. So that is about it from here...I will try to be better with keeping up with the board.

Oh and I wanted to say, I have been looking at all the pictures posted on Facebook...and awww we have got some cuties!!!! Diana, I love your pictures from the picnic, the one of you kissing her and the one of your DH sleeping with her are just priceless!
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Kim - Landree's still ahead of Logan! He'll do an army crawl, sometimes, but he has no desire to actually crawl! He likes to sit and bounce or he'll scoot on his back and roll to where he wants to go. He does like to stand and will "help" pull himself up, sometimes.

AFM: Rayna had a good day today - no pooping in her bathing suit!! Hopefully it will continue once again! I can't believe July is almost over already! The time is just flying by too fast!!! Time to get stuff together - we're off to Rayna's speech appt in a little bit.
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:28 am

Aubrey has no interest in crawling either. If she's sitting on her blanket and there's a toy out of her reach she just pulls the blanket til it's in front of her or just moves on to something else, like she doesn't care, that's her dad's mellow attitude.

We went to the cardiologist and I really thought she was going to be released but not yet. She had a narrowing in the main artery that leaves the heart and that has completely opened up on it's own, so that is great news. But, there is a tiny vein that run between the left chamber and that artery and when you are born it should close within 3-ish days and hers has not. It doesn't cause her any problems and it's small enuf they wouldn't fix it but he wants to see her at 18 months to see if it's closed.
He was very concerned with her size too and made sure we were going to see the GI dr and also wants the geneticist to look at Aubrey's results again to see if there is a metabolic issue.
So.....we're glad that her heart is fixing itself with time and now just have to contend with the growing issue.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:18 am

Diana- that is wonderful news that her heart issues are healing themselves. Deffinitly follow up with the weight concerns but try not to stress yourself to much about it. I really really really worked myself up with all of the weight concerns with McKenna, every test and procedure worried me to death, she was below the 3% for her 12mo check up...previous to that she had never gone above the 10%...but now at 3 years old she has really blossomed and weighs 32lbs...putting her in the 50-75%!!!! Landree has the same issues, she is at the 10% now and when she was born at the 50% so she has steadly slid down the growth chart since birth (that is the biggest concern, not so much that they are little, cause if she was consistently at the same % all along it is no big deal, even if it was the 5%, it is the "downward" growth that piques the Dr's concern) anyway this time I am not even putting it on my radar, I am positive she will catch up just like her sister did. I am deffinitly not saying that there possibly could be an issue, but I have come across several babies who were always "little" and then take off at about 2 years old.

AFM- I am working today and then we are all going to see my BFF and Baby Emily and her hubby, we are making them a lasagna and bring a salad and bread and a cake as BFF's birthday is tomorrow too. So it should be a fun night.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:40 am

Kim, that's exactly what they are telling me... they say she may just be small but their concern is that she was in the 90% when she was born and now she's fallen off the chart, except for her head, which has slowed but is still in the 'normal' range, so I'm happy about that. It just pisses me off b/c I have been telling them for 8 months that she will not eat and they're all like 'oh some babies never eat more than.....' now there is urgency in their voices and I want to scream at them.
She has a PT evaluation on the 31st and I know she's behind and I also know it's b/c she's so small...but they'll make a big F-N deal over it. She only weighed 13lb 11.5oz yesterday.
Anyway, I sometimes worry myself sick about it, like right now and sometimes I say, she'll grow out of it. I just need to get back to that b/c I'm about to go crazy!!!!
Your night sounds like it will be alot of fun. Enjoy that baby!!

AFM:If Aubrey is up to it we are going to the lake this weekend with all 3 of my sisters and their grown kids that have little kids, there will be 17 of us. I'm looking forward to some water & sun and getting Aubrey in the water.

Have a good day ladies!
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:58 am

Diana - just remember - you are your child's best advocate! You know your kid best and you need to fight for her! If you feel in your gut that something is wrong, make sure you fight to get her what she needs! I hope you guys have fun this weekend - sounds like it will be a blast!

AFM: Not much going on here - praying that Rayna keeps up her good days because then she and Jeremy will be going for an overnight (her first) at my parent's house on Friday. Whoo hoo!! Down to 1 kid for a night!! She's been asking for almost a month, so hopefully, it will happen! I keep reminding her, so hopefully that will be her incentive!

Not much else happening here....same ol' same ol.....going to pick up the pictures we had taken a couple of weeks ago -- Logan's 9 month shots - they'll probably make it to FB before here! LOL

Have a great day ladies!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Ok...ranting....

Now I'm at the point of completely p*ssed off, at myself and at the drs. The more I think about the fact that they've let her go this long the more angry I get.
Dh has put a call into the dr and waiting for a call back. He's going to tell them to put her in the hospital and figure out what the H is going on b/c it's not fair to her and we're at our wits end trying to keep her healthy.
I'm absolutely furious at myself for trusting them and not demanding that something be done sooner.
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Diana - Don't beat yourself up over it! Learn from it! And know that you are doing the best you can for your little girl. You trusted the doctors - nothing wrong with that! But sometimes our gut (or mother's intuition) leads us in another direction and sometimes we listen right away and other times we don't! I've been there myself. Remember to breathe and that we are here for you! Rant anytime! {{HUGS}}
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum