Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Sparklers

+4
PolloLoco75
ladydy
tweetie462
eileen bauer
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

July Sparklers - Page 4 Empty Re: July Sparklers

Post by mythreesons Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Diana- I agree with the other ladies that you are your dauhters best advocate! Don't beat yourself up! Truly its nothing that you've done or haven't done. I hope that soon you get the answers that she needs and that all will settle down for you soon...

Ok now has anyone's LO's ever had Coxsackie Virus? Lucas has it and we have absolutely no idea how he got it.Only thing we can think is from when we went camping last week...Ugh it's gross and the blisters on the poor guy's feet and hands and even in his mouth have to be soo irritating!!!! I feel so bad for my little man...Lucas has never even had a runny nose, yet he's had meningitis, pneumonia, strep throat, and now this and he's not even 10 months old yet....I'm just wondering if eanyone else has been through and if you all can let me know what to expect...
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:37 am

ah, yes - hand/foot/mouth! what a wonderful (NOT) thing! there's not much you can do for them. it does go away - takes about a week, depending on the severity. all you can do is give them tylenol for comfort. Jeremy had a mild case, Rayna had a slightly more than mild case - she had the blister in her mouth and on her bottom.

AFM: I am so glad DH's job is ending - the nonsense is ridiculous! He was at work yesterday from 7am until almost 11pm! He didn't even see the kids yesterday because he was gone before they got home and obviously got home after they were all asleep! ARGH!

Logan has figured out how to pull himself to a standing position in his crib! So we have to lower the mattress yet again for him tonight. I know it's good that he can do that, however.....

Time to get the day started! Hope everyone has a great Friday and a relaxing weekend!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:58 am

Diana-thanks for the message on facebook and i am so sorry and absolutely do not beat yourself up over it you are your daughters best advocate adn you ahve done an amazing job and suffered through alot as a mother. you are doing awesome so don't beat yourself up!!!

Elise good luck with the overnight!!!

Kim- I am with you on teh neglectingthis board.

Jessica Davis- so sorry you are haivng baby in teh ribs but not much longer!!

AFM quitting smoking ahs gone well in a weird direction i am smoking a cigar once a day i jsut love it frankly ug so thats where i am. mad at myself but ohwell. Daniel is eating cheese cheerios and hotdogs and formula. he is army crawling buit not pulling up yet and i have yet to get him into the doctor for hsi 9 month because the doctors offcie closed so i ahve to find a new pedi. ug it is so ahrd to deal with when you work nights!!!
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 pm

I am sure most of you if not all of you saw my facebook status were I posted that I win the worst/stupidist Mommy od the year award. The detail are long so if you feel like reading here is how the story goes.

McKenna can open all the bedroom and bathroom doors now. So she woke up at 5:30am this morning and felt it was needed to come wake us up instead of playing in her room. So we decided to buy a new door knob for our bedroom that locks from the inside. The girls and I went off to walmart while Jake was at work, I got a few things including the new door knob. When we got home I figured I could do it myself. So i began changing it. It looked like it was going to be tighter than the old one so with out the knob on it I decided that I would see if i could get it to close, well i could, but then couldn't get it back open, i tried everything that I could think of to stick in there press the latch but the problem was because i was pulling i couldn't get it open. I start to freak because the girls are in the house and I am locked in our bedroom. I call my mom to come help me. In the mean time I hear landree start to cry. I turn on the monitor thinking they are in their room. The cry is not coming from there. I look through the hole thinking they are in the living room, I can't see any kids but still hear landree crying. at this point in time i totally freak, pop the screen on Jakes window and jump out the window. Run into the house from the front door and still no kids, check their room, nope, bathroom, nope. i noticed the slider was opened...Oh god was all I could think, run out the slider to see landree at the bottom of the stairs...she fell down them when she followed McKenna out the door. I pick her up, check her over and she is fine, so I start looking and yelling for McKenna, can't see her and she isn't answering me. My neighbor asks what's wrong, i tell her and we both start searching for McKenna, a few minutes later we both re group with out finding her. I was just about to check the house again when the neighbor spotted her in my car. Some how she opened the door and got inside the car and shut the door...now it is HOT out today too. She went in there to get her cupcake that I bought her at the store, she thought I left it in the car (it was on the counter) all in all everyone is fine but i seriously lost five years of my life. Next project finding a pole thing to secure the slider better.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:17 pm

OMG! You were a lot calmer than I would have been!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:50 am

Elise, I wasn't at the time...I was a crying hysterical lunatic, Jake even came home from work to check on us and then went back.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by mythreesons Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Kim- OMG!!! HUGS!!! That could have ended so badly! I'm so happy that things turned out well! I didnt realize that I was getting worried while reading your post until at the end and I was holding my breath! LOL! Seriously though I went out of my house to get the mail and ODS was mad and decided to lock me out...These crazy terrible things happen!
mythreesons
mythreesons

http://www.totsites.com/tot/gannoe08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:25 am

Kim Oh my goodness.... I would have( Just like you did) totally freaked out.....My heart was racing while reading it... I am so glad that everything turned out good though.. Man....that sounds( as I am sure it was) so scary....That is cute about McKenna looking for her cupcake though....the simplest of things can cause so much craziness....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 am

Kim- You poor thing! Try not to be hard on yourself, that could have happened to any of us! I'm so glad everyone was ok! You know we still need to get together! I don't start school up again until the 25th of August. Other than that I'm only working Fridays!

Diana- Hope everything is working out. You are an amazing mom and advocate for your little peanut. I give you so much credit! Aubrey is so lucky to have you!!!

Hi to all the other ladies, sorry I'm not posting more. I just had my gallbladder out yesterday and I'm feeling sore. So I'm heading back to bed. As far as facebook, I don't have an account yet, but one of my summer goals is to make one, so hopefully I'll get to that soon.
Hope all is well!
Kristen
Kristen
Kristen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:42 am

Kristen-let me know when you are feeling up to it, I can let you know what my days off are for a specific week and see what works. I just renewed my membership to the aquarium...so we could do that.

Okay, so it appears we will be slowly moving away from here and using circle of mom's on facebook to replace this board. We are keeping the group small and just to us who have already been here. Because of that the group is private and you can only get there by invite. We are more than happy to send the invite to any of you who are here how ever often. So if you have facebook here is my link to my profile

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=1634346279&ref=name

and if you don't yet, it is really easy to set up a profile and then add me
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Wow!! There have not been any posts from anyone in almost a week on here.. Guess I should log into facebook and see whats been up....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum