Mommies Like Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

+14
Kristen
nursejessicadavis
mythreesons
ladydy
Mari7779
jessijennings
Kim
eileen bauer
PolloLoco75
eve2008
tweetie462
mnelson80
RobbieandLexisMommy
rocknrollmommy616
18 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 2 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Ok I tried to post but it didn't let me - I will try again...

Eve - you look glowing and beautiful! I seriously look like a night of the living dead zombie!

Bekah - you are not alone with gas pains! I am going crazzzy over here between the contractions, cramping, gas, her hiccups! Ahhh!

Kim - you are brave to mow the lawn! I hear ya on the chasing a toddler making you exhausted..I teach all day then come home to one and do everything since DH is too lazy. Today it took me an hour and a half at walmart alone with my 2 year old because I had to sit down 3 times and waddle...

Heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

October mommies - *September(almost there!)* - Page 2 Empty Re: October mommies - *September(almost there!)*

Post by eileen bauer Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:18 am

I can't remember who is the teacher setting up their classroom but I commend you! I was on my feet most of the time from 3pm-8pm today doing trainning for church sunday school and a meet and greet for the parents and I swear this kid wants to come out of my side and my back feels like it is going to snap! I was hurtting so bad I didn't realize it until almost to the end I went to grab my 2 yr old and I was like oh! can't do that right now! I also had an interesting thing happen. My feet are so swollen like I can only wear flip flops swollen, have been since 22 weeks, well today I put my flip flops on and went to go walk and it snaped! my feet are that swollen, at the church no less! so I had to walk around bare foot (and pregnant yes I know my husband got a lot of jokes about it!) And since those were literly the only pair of shoes I can wear right now we had to stop at the drug store on the way home and get some flip flops for me. It was just one of those I cried at the time but I am laughing now at it things.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" alt="" />
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari7779 Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:06 pm

i will cath up later but just wanted to thank bekah for the invite to this link. take care ,
Mari7779
Mari7779

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:51 pm

Maribel- is that you?!?!?! your pic with the babies is so cute!!! you look great! I be you have been busy with those twins.

AFM- AFM- Had my doctors appt and my blood pressure was down to 120/70 so perfect!!! I am suposed to call if I start feeling like it is high or if I have the nurses at work take it and it is high. Had a sonogram and at exactly 34 weeks my little guy weighs in at 6 pounds and 8oz right now! no wonder I feel so much pressure!!! I also stayed the same weight which always makes me happy So good news! I also found out my C-section will be scheduled in the books sometime this week and it wil be sooner than my due date since the baby is so big (my last baby was 9 and a half pounds so no need to go there again) so I am excited to know exactly when soon! Hope you all have a good day it is my day off and it is my nap time...lol
eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope y'all are having a happy Monday. I am beat from my whirlwind weekend of furniture / nursery set up, baby shower, baby shopping, laundry and more laundry (more details on the BBC board). I have to go to the grocery store after work and I am really bummed that the stores around me don’t offer delivery or even pick up service. That would help me out so much. No, I have to go isle to isle (like the rest of the world) and pick out my groceries. Blah! Then home to do more laundry. It seems like having a baby has increased my laundry 10 fold and he isn’t even born yet. We got his first photo outfit and coming home outfit yesterday. I am really excited about it. I hope they fit, other wise we might have some issues. NB size normally fits newborns right? This week’s goal (like most weeks) is to pack my hospital bag, pack the baby's bag and write thank you cards. The fun never ends! I can’t wait until this LO is born and I can rest. Wink
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:50 pm

Amy- I haven't seen a baby yet that a newborn size doesn't fit for at least the first week. Even with the bigger babies, we have NB for this one for those things too...my DD on the other hand needed preemie to start off with.
Kim
Kim

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Amy-I would say you are fine Amy. My son wore 0-3 months which is a little bigger than NB size butr my son was 9pounds 9oz so that is a pretty big baby. that is teh only kiddo I haven't seen wear NB adn I could of made NB work like a few days but since he was so big I didn't buy new born.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Mari7779 wrote:i will cath up later but just wanted to thank bekah for the invite to this link. take care ,

Awww hun, no problem! The babies are sooo cute! ^_^ Our first october mommy!!! Keep us posted on your LOs okay?!
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Amy

I have my thank you cards wrote addressed (mostly have to call mom for a few) and just need to pop by the base post office and spew those suckers out! I have to get the announcement cards in order or at the very least an address list. But It took me almost two mouths >.<.

My mom would be willing to address and fill them out and all I just have to get my in laws list and such..
jessijennings
jessijennings

http://www.myspace.com/za_paper

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:33 pm

Jessi - You are way further ahead than I am. I still have to write them all out. Maybe I will work on them tonight or maybe not.

Right now just sitting in my chair here at work, my hip feels like its going to pop out of the socket. It hurts so bad. I don’t think it makes much sense because (as I found out) this baby is riding high and breach so I don’t know where all this pressure is coming from - Oh wait maybe its the 35 lbs I have gained. I just wanted to cry. I still do. That and my DH finally got to see the horrid sight that is my tummy. I swear this child is trying to scratch his way out - or you would think from all of the stretch marks. I just want to crawl in a hole and stay there for a while. BLAH!

Anywho - enough of my complaining. I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Take Care of Yourselves!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:48 pm

I feel like I'm just waiting around.. LOL
I feel MUCH better today. Spent most of the night in bed and even threw up.. wonder if it was a touch of a stomach bug or something.

I hate the way the last few weeks just c..r..a..w..l.. by. It's so not fair. I still have a week til my scan and a week and a half til my next appointment. lame.. I'm just ready to move on already.

Other than that nothing to exciting going on here today. I need to go get a tube for my pump but the place closes at 6 and so does DD's daycare. I guess she's a little more important..Smile
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:58 pm

I will write personals later but I have GOOD NEWS!!! I got to schedule my C-Section today!!! So October 13th at 10:30 am!!! I had hoped for the week before that at 38 weeks but ohwell 39 weeks it is. Which means only 34 days so not quite 5 weeks!!! woohoo that sounds so much better than 6...lol I changed the date on my ticker so I could see the difference...lol I am so excited I can finally start finalizing my leave and getting all that lined up. I LOVE knowing the date!!!

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by mnelson80 Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:38 pm

I loved finding my date too!! It such a reflief to have that one week shaved off isn't it..hahaha

Mine is on the 9th. But doc said if I go into labor before hand we'll try for VBAC. I guess I'm open to that. It was just weird after I took soooo much time trying to determine what to do.
mnelson80
mnelson80
Admin

https://mommieslikeus.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rocknrollmommy616 Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Awesome Eileen! My doc said she was going to induce me at week 39 if she thought I was ready. So, since I'm fully effaced, she's going to check me next week and see about dates for getting me induced. I'm not psychotically thrilled about being induced, but since the doc mentioned that she'd try IV drugs B4 an epidural I think I'm a little less nervous about being induced. But... it's just a wait and see kinda process. I have to say tho, it would be nice to know exactly when your LO was going to be out and about lol. I ordered that car seat from Target.com and I don't even know if it will be here on time! lol
rocknrollmommy616
rocknrollmommy616

http://www.myspace.com/kandykisses11388

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieandLexisMommy Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Eileen that's awesome - you are one day before me! I go in on the 14th for my C-section. We have to be there at 5:30am, but she won't arrive until about 7:30am!

heather

RobbieandLexisMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 am

Stretch marks fade and if they don’t use them as birth control scare tactic in the kids teens…

I have to admit there is a touch of jealousy in the fact that you guys know what day and such.. But my Dh keeps saying “oh its fun though not knowing its more natural you know like it is a surprise!”.. I’m trying to remember that as I pee for the five millionth time ..
I’m kind of excited though, at any time it could all start!
We ordered a car seat today or rather I did and it was a bit of a row, together Dh and I had looked at car seats every store day time online.. going crazy looking at car seats trying to decide if we get one what kind do we get should we waist money on another infant seat or upgrade to one of those 5-50lb ones that convert is and the ability to move a sleeping baby without moving it really worth that much money ? blah its been a pain well he said enough last night he decided just go ahead and get it well I thought he meant the really high end one that has all the crash test ratings side impact ratings goes all the way to 70 lbs and such.. we read up consumer reports and everything so today I get online glaring at this thing for costing us 200 dollars I’m like that is so much money I so don’t want to spend on a car seat..

I checked out the military store online and they had it! Cheaper and … with moo a floge print.. I LOVE cows I have them all over the house In that video game we play, (and actually met on) we both played anthrophemorphic cows so.. we like cows a lot.. and its cow print! So I took it as a sign and bought the darn thing..
DH comes home for lunch and I tell him I did it and he’s like did what.. he was in shock I think he was like you spent it? Lol so we have a car seat on the way hope it gets here before baby does!

jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:34 am

Bekah - getting induced is no picnic...i was induced with my DS since my water broke before I went into labor -- but at least your cervix is ready and you've started to dialate...i wasn't even dialated 1 cm when I was induced...after 4 hours of constant contractions, i got drugs...and it was still about 10 hrs before he was born!

time to get the kids ready for school Very Happy
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:45 am

I liked the suprise I had with my first. I had contractions all day at home and went to the hospital and they kept me since I lived 45 minutes away. they gave me a shot of something to let me sleep through the contractions. I woke up to no pain medication and 10cm and ready to push. I don't really remember the next 30 minutes but I had to be held down I was in so much pain and I think I would of handled it better but I went from no pain to all if it the second the meds wore off. It was bad but then they got the edipural in and I was great. Second I was induced and wouldn't go into labor after all day of the damn pitocin I was 3 cm ofcourse he was 9 1/2 pounds I think my body was just like no he isnt' going out that way...lol I really do like the planned though. Makes planning leave much easier with work. But I am glad I have had both.

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetie462 Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:18 pm

last night DH finally helped me get all the totes together...we went through them and pulled out all the boy clothes, bibs, towels -- he was so funny - he's looking at the little clothes and laughing because it's been so long since we've dealt with newborn clothes! He's like "look at this threads! they're not clothes!" and I'm remembering my DS in the outfits -- from almost 8 years ago! So, I have the last load of baby clothes in the washer --okay, the last load of newborn sizes -- haven't dived into the 3-6 mo sizes yet - figured that will wait until after baby is born and we know how quickly we will be into that size...worst case, DH will be lugging the totes up from the basement for me to go through....of course, as I'm washing these clothes, I'm noticing stains that I know weren't there when I packed them away, because I always put away stuff after it had been washed -- age spots, i guess from being packed away for so long...hopefully most of the stains will come out -- otherwise, i'll be washing the 3-6 mo sizes very soon!! Laughing

i've had a very easy day - my mom picks up DD from pre-school on wed and takes her to a music class and then brings her home by the time DS gets home from school - like around 3:30ish, so I have a child-free day! I've been very good today - spent most of it on the couch dozing, when I wasn't dealing with the laundry -- which is good since I'm not sleeping very well at night -- starting the freaky dreams again -- probably because delivery day is getting closer.....

okay - the washer (or dryer) just beeped - time to go check it out!

hope everyone is still doing okay!!!
tweetie462
tweetie462

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:14 pm

Congrats to all you ladies who have your dates set up for either induction or c-section. I think I have decided to wait this one out to see when nature takes its course. If I end up needing a C then so be it. I just dont want to end up having one if I could have waited an extra 3 days - this baby turns and decides that is when it wants to be born.

Its a gray, rainy miserable day. Hopfully Ike misses you TX mommies. (and anyone else on here in its path) I know we are going to get a ton of rain this weekend from it I just hope none of y'all get the brunt of the storm. That whole cone of uncertanty thing - crazy.

Elise - I have been washing baby laundry for days and I think I am going to get finished up tonight. The newborn stuff is so small its hard to imagine anyone fitting into it.

Maybe if I am up to it I will take pics of the outfits we have for the photo and the coming home. I also feel like a better mommy because I went to Hallmark yesterday and got a baby book. I also replaced the bear my sister got for the baby. It is really cute but everyone in her house smokes and it just reaked. So I found the exact same bear and bought it. I just thew the other one away. No one has to know. Very Happy All is good.

I guess that is it for now.

Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydy Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:24 pm

Amy, I got my baby book out of the closet and put it in the living room w/ the ink pen....that was two days ago an I still haven't written anything in it. I know I'm going to be sorry when I'm behind.

AFM: I had a small happy hour baby shower yesterday an I SO appreciate everyone's gifts but I got more bibs, socks & burp clothes. I have more than I could every use now, seriously, one large drawer in the baby's dresser is just socks,bibs & burp clothes. I hate to return someone's gift but I'm going to have to.

Have a great evening ladies...I'm getting out of work and then off to MIL's (edith bunker) for dinner.
Diana
ladydy
ladydy

Back to top Go down

Post by jessijennings Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:09 am

Amy
Lol your so nice I probably would have chewed them out about smoking or something.. I’m being pretty mean tonight.

Diana
Dh is writing letters to the baby but .. the only place he can actually remember to write them is.. as bad as it sound the bathroom.. its where he keeps the bible in a year too.. makes me feel awful I hide it when anyone comes over a bible and a baby book in the bathroom I’m almost sure that’s sacrilegious but what am I going to stop his method of getting results I want? That would be like killing the golden goose..

I’m so annoyed, DH is on the sofa and some friend from college looked me up to talk about how amazing he is and wonderful and any girl with a brain stem would jump on him but for some reason this girl who is going though a lot of drama told him she just needs some space when he just nearly died her drama cant be nearly as much as his even her sister agrees.. wtf is he talking to her sister and why am I talking to him? Why don’t I have that ummh you’re a jerk go away ability? No im sitting here at one am glaring at the lump of comforter that is my husband and telling this guy that im sure he is amazing but maybe just not her amazing..
Meanwhile some computer keeps calling our house like ever 30 min its late! Do they not realize that ? I want to turn off the ringer but I don’t know how it’s a cordless and I know im not asking the pouty lump of DH…

jessijennings
jessijennings

Back to top Go down

Post by PolloLoco75 Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Diana - How was MIL's? Did she welcome you with open noses? That is the one episode that always sitcks out in my mind. When Edith Bunker throws the tupperware party. LOL too funnny.

Jessi - I knew everything I got from my sister and my step mother was going to reak of smoke. They both smoke like chimineys in the house and car so its just a fact of life there is no use fighting. I washed the clothes (twice becuase they still smelled after the first run) and all of the bouncer's cloth parts. Even sealed in plastic in the box - it reaked. Everything came out ok. I just couldnt wash the bear. So it was either break my sister's heart or find another one. Problem solved for 10 bucks - so worth it.

I think I just saw the sun for a second. I havent seen it in a few days. Its been really cloudy here. Looking forward to a weekend in the rain. We will hopefully be doing more baby shopping. I want to shop at lunch so bad but I must hold myself back and wait for DH.

I guess that is it for now.
Take Care Ladies!
PolloLoco75
PolloLoco75

Back to top Go down

Post by eve2008 Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:38 pm

hi girls, nothing new here.
went to dr app on tuesday and midwife said babys head is still down, and hb was fine too. she approved my birth plan sighned it and put it in my file, she said it will go with the rest of the paperwork to the hospital....yay! but i did get some bad news......i tested positive for strep b, so it means i have to get an iv when i go into the hospital and get antibiotics, then they can just leave it a as heplock.... Sad i didnt want one at all! but ive had to do it before, so i guess i just should of figured it. my next app in tuesday.
ohh and i bought Isabela her holloween costume....i bought it newborn size and its a ladybug....cant wait!!!
hope you all are doing well!!
one more week almost done!
eve2008
eve2008

Back to top Go down

Post by eileen bauer Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Evelyn- sorry about the IV but you are right better safe than sorry. Yeah on your birth plan being good to go!!!

eileen bauer
eileen bauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next